Chapter: CHANYEOL

For You Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the last day of the year and the new year was coming closer and closer every minute. Me and Baekhyun just arrived to the cafetaria where we diecided to meet with others. Junmyeon, Yixing, Sehun, Minseok, Jongin and Kyungsoo were there already and sat outside behind one table. We somehow agreed to spend the last day of the year together, because it just seemed to be good surrounded by more people who were close to us both. I also got much closer with Baekhyun's friends when he was in coma, so I really didn't mind and my buddies were also okay with it. Sehun was actually very excited to have a younger company of students, who weren't as reserved as Junmyeon and Yixing most of the time.

"Chanyeol, Baekhyun! Finally! You two are taking it so long!" Kyungsoo noticed us comming. 

I rolled with my eyes and pulled Baekhyun closer to myself as we approached them. "Let me remind you who was taking it long when Baekhyun was dying in my hands!" I shot him a mad look, but didn't mean to be really mad at him. It was a joke. We all were okay now so it didn't matter. 

"Common, just sit and take a drink," he waved it off and offered me a can of Soju.

I shook my head immedately. "You are drinking that for a new year? You are cheap! No, I won't be drinking tonight, maybe I will get myself some mulled wine, but definetly not soju. I want to stay at my mind tonight," I said.

"That is really cheap," Junmyeon said. "I got a champange for us all."

"You see, that is how you have to live a new year!" I pointed at Junmyeon and took a sit next to him. "Well done! I feel bad for quiting a job... But at least you aren't my boss anymore."

"I think I will even have to skip the champange part," Baekhyun said and sat on a chair between me and Jongin.

"What?" Kyungsoo widened his eyes. "Baekhyun, my friend, are you sick?"

"Well actually, yes, I am. I was in coma for a month and I can't just start drinking alcohol like that," he explained. He was right about it. Too much alcohol would be bad for his health and I didn't want him to risk anything. Maybe a little would be okay, but I wasn't letting him to get drunk now. Not as long as I was around.

"Well... More for me!" Sehun shrugged with his shoulders and leaned back a little.

"You could drink a little to celebrate," Jongin said. "It won't kill you. Just enjoy this night."

"A little, but I just want hot chocolate now. I have a feeling like I'm going to freeze soon if I don't get something warm." 

We both odered our drinks. There were people around the cafetaria where we were, but it was still comfortable for us all to be here. Music was palying and making time go faster on. There were some fireworks in the sky already, but I knew there would be more at the very midnight. We were talking a lot while waiting for the time to pass. Kyungsoo was talking a lot like always, he really was a great mood maker and everyone else was able to get along with him very well. 

"Guys let's go around and find something to do. I don't want to be here until midnight." Kyungsoo commented after some time.

I looked at him seriously. "Then what do you want to do?" 

"Well... Let's go around? We will find something... For sure... There is a lot happening right now and we still have time before midnight," he explained.

I pressed my lips together and stared at him for a moment. I wasn't really sure what he had in mind, so I didn't say anything. Baekhyun also didn't respond like he usually had when his best friend had something to say or do.

"Wouldn't you relax a bit more? You have a whole night to run around," Junmyeon cmmented to break the silence.

"You can stay, old man," Kyungsoo rolled with his eyes and this made me laugh with him.

"Stop laughing!" he shot me a mad look. "Let me remind you that you are pushing thirty as well!"

"Oh, no. You didn't!" I stoood up madly.

"Great, Park!" Kyungsoo stood up as well. "So you are coming?"

"I am," I said and looked at Baekhyun, asking him to come with me as well. He didn't say anything, but just stood up and straightened himself up to show that he was ready to go anywhere. Jongin also agreed, which was expectable, since he was there mostly for Kyungsoo and his energy.

"Wait for me! I don't want to be with these two!" Sehun joined us. "Junmyeon, you can pay. I forgot my wallet again and I don't think Yixing wants to do it. You are paying us anyway so it is fair."

Junmyeon passed through his hair in disappointment. "Get away from here, before I kill you with my bare hands!" he said and Sehun did as he said.

"This is the only wise this you ever did Sehun!" I joked and hit his shoulder as we all left the cafe.

We went further away, through the crowd, which was dancing and having fun before the new year. Kyungsoo led us to a place with less people and leaned to the wall proudly looking at everyone else with a smile on his face.

Baekhyun leaned closer to me. "He is planning on something," he whispered.

"I see," I answered. "This is scarrying me."

"Soo, you got anything with you?" Jongin now asked and Kyungsoo nodded, making his smile even bigger.

"Of course he has. Why am I not surprised?" I sighed.

Kyungsoo now sized into his pockets and brought out packets of different kinds of firecrackers. I could see that some were stronger than others, one were some safer than others, but all dangerous. 

"You want to stay without fingrs right?" I said as I saw what he had with him.

"Shut up, you want to do it too, don't you?" he narrowed his eyes. "And I am sure you used them when you were younger!"

He was right. With both statements. "Well... Yes," I shrugged and Kyungsoo handed me the crackers he had. "You will see how a professional does this."

"You better watch out for others, you don't want to get in trouble today," Jongin commented. 

"Completely safe!" I said. "Sehun, come here. Let's show these kids how adults do that." I looked at the crackers he gave me better. "Wait! Are this the same ones that were in my room when you destroyed my Marvel collection?!" I looked at Baekhyun and showed him the crackers in my hand.

He looked at them and his eyes went from confused, to surprised. He looked at Kyungsoo and quietly asked. "You still got them?! I thought you got rid of them years ago!" he said.

"No, I saved them so I would make Park explode once again," Kyungsoo said. "I found a great dealer. A great guy I met at one of the parties. He could give you anything you asked for."

I narrowed my eyes. He was for sure talking about drugs, but that wasn't something I was supposed to worry about at that moment. I focused on the fact that he was the one who had the firecrackers. "You helped?!" I got mad over Kyungsoo now. 

"Yes... I thought you knew. I couldn't say no to this. It was very satisfying to place the crackers into your room and know how very well it would explode!" he spoke with shining eyes.

"You ! You will pay it!" I got mad, but Baekyhun made me quiet.

"Chanyeol, he can pay later, okay?" Baekhyun said and took a hold of my hand. "It was completely my idea anyway!"

I hesitated, but couldn't do much, because Jongin already threw the first cracker and ran a bit away to get as much away as possible. 

"Yesss. They are awesome!" Kyungsoo screamed.

I looked at Sehun, gave him most of the firecrackers and asked him to give me his lighter, because I didn't have one myself. I had had no plans on playing with explosive stuff that night before. But now I lighted up the first one, but instead of throwing it somewhere away from everyone I threw it in Jongin's direction.

"Ya, Kim. You should watch out," I said and poited down to his legs, where now lied my firecracker. Jongin got alarmed immediately and ran away.

"PARK!!! I WILL KILL YOU FOR THIS!" He screamed as he ran away from the cracker that exploded just behind him.

"You dare attack my boyfriend!" Kyungsoo now went into attack and therw still not lighted cracker in my direction, which made me and Baekhyun, who was by my side, jump away.  The cracker luckily didn't explode since Kyungsoo didn't light it up. We knew how very dangerous it was to throw them around like that. He instead ran to me and attacked with his bare hands. I kept him away, because I didn't want to fight in that moment and Kyungsoo looked quite serious about beating me up.

Baekhyun didn't enjoy it that much too. He kept screaming and running around like it was life or death situation. He also didn't enjoy the explosions from firecrackers that much and kept his ears shut most of the time, afraid that any cracker might explode near him and make too much noise.

Only once we ran out of firecrackers he got time to relax.

I took him in my hands and ruffled his hair. "You alight?" I asked and got a quick shook, but then he quickly changed into a nod.

"No, but I shouldn't be a cry baby..." He said, laughing a bit.

"It's obvious that I trained you," I said proudly. "Next year you will be throwing them under Kim's legs."

"That is dangerous."

"It is also dangerous to set explosive into somebody's room and destroy lots of precious stuff!" I joked. "Don't worry, everything will be okay!"

It was getting near midnight and we decided to start preparing for new year. We found a good spot to stay at and Junmyeon, Minseok and Yixing, who just chilled in the cafetaria came too. I got to buy some sparkle sticks and handed a few to everyone. Soon everyone had their sticks in gold sparkles and waved around with them. 

"Count!" I shouted as it was now only s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter