Chapter: BAEKHYUN

For You Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I got woken up by screams, but I wasn't the one screaming this time. I didn't even remember having nightmares at night.

I looked around confused. "Kyungsoo?" I called to check what was happening with my roomamte. I did my best to remember last day, but my thoughts were limited, because I had just woken up. 

I saw Kyungsoo looking in the mirror with horrified look. "What the  happened to me!!!" he shauted again. "Look at me Baek! I am a nightmare!" 

I got out of my bed and stepped closer to see what was the problem. When I saw him, I remembered what had happened last night. We had been at the party and I had put Kyungsoo in his bed with his make-up on. I had carried him back here, because he had gotten drunk. 

The make-up was now all over his face. He actually looked like someone had punched him and then mopped the ground with his face. His eyes were a bit red and tired and he was obviously effected by all the alcohol from before. 

"Damn," I said and narrowed my eyes. "You don't really look that bad-" I made a fake smile on my face to make him feel better, but it didn't help.

"Seriously, you were able to clean yourself, but couldn't help me?" He said with envy.

It was true. I had taken time for a shower, after I had gotten rid of him. It had been very late, but I really hadn't wanted to go in bed dirty and smell like alcohol and all sweaty people, who had been around me at the party. 

"I don't care how you go to sleep," I told him. "It's your fault, that you got so drunk. I just carried you back, that's enough! And I don't think make-up is the only problem on your face... You would look just as awful without it..."

"I hate you! I look horrible, I smell and my head hurts like hell!" 

"You are absolutely right," I said. "I don't know how was I able to sleep here with you. I can smell you to here! By the way, none of these is my fault.... That is what too much alcohol does!" 

"Do you think I don't know?" Kyungsoo widely opened his red, tired eyes and looked at me angry. 

"It is Sunday.... You will be okay until tomorrow..." I laughed and walked away. Kyungsoo tried to get the make up off his face, but soon gave up. I just ignored him and went to get my phone. It was early on the morning and as soon as I came back, I saw him lying in his bed completely motionless. 

"Will you wake up and join me at breakfast or just lay here like a dead bug?" 

"I can't go to the breakfast looking like that," He was talking in his pillow. "I will just pretend, that I am dead..." 

"That won't be hard, you already look like a bus drove over you yesterday... You just starve here, I don't care! Soon enough you will be thankful, that I got you from the party and brought you here alive!" 

When I joined others at breakfast, everyone was talking about the party and things, that had happened, after I had left with Kyungsoo. I kept myself quiet most of the time, because I didn't really know, what had been happening when I hadn't been around and I also didn't have anything interesting to tell. When I returned to my room, Kyungsoo was snoring loudly, so I decided not to wake him up. 

I sat on my bed and waited on him to wake up. I looked at the time. We didn't have any schedule, but I was pretty sure Kyungsoo wouldn't just go through one day, without hanging out with his other friends. I was also sure that he wouldn't ignore everyone after a party like that, just because he looks a bit bad. Everyone looked a bit exhausted that day actually, which wasn't odd at all.

Kyungsoo woke up only an hour before lunch time. I helped him to clean himself up, so he looked a bit better than before. Well, If I was honest, he looked better than most boys who had also gotten drunk the day before.

"My head still hurts!" Kyungsoo groaned right after he took a seat next to me.

"Not my fault..." I said uninterested.

"You actually had just okay night. Why do I get all the bad?!" he whined.

"Look, next time don't expect too much fun on a party like that. You should know this will happen and after all I warned you about drinking, but you decided to not listen and made yourself stupid!" I replied a bit annoyed, because of Kyungsoo and his absurdity.

"Ahhh I hate you! Where is something useful from you?!" he didn't stop complaining. "You literally did nothing for me!"

"Wow, that one is rough Minion!" Jongin came, holding his plate with lunch in his hands. He was wearing casual clothes, which were showing his nice body propotions. He cought Kyungsoo's last words and didn't look pleased about it. "Ahhhh... Of course you guys are always like that. I'm not shocked," said Jongin after taking a seat next to me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. 

"Don't worry, Baekhyun. You are more than useful. Don't listen to him, he is obviously one of the Minions like Taemin," Jongin said.

I tried to speak up, but got interputed by Kyungsoo. "The what? Minions?! You called me that way?!"

"Yes... Minions... Minho squad," said Jongin with a bit disgusted.

"Minho squad? I have no ideas what you mean, but I think you got wrong information about me," he said feriously. A few seconds ago his eyes were shining on sight of Jongin, but now his look darkened and got confused.

"Ohhhh, I saw it with my own eyes! There is no way you aren't his Minion. However I don't really care on whose side you are. You aren't even in my unit and obviously Baekhyun is friend with you."

"Yeah, Baekhyun is my best friend!" Kyungsoo said.

"Is that true?" Jongin looked at me.

"Well yeah it is," It had been a while, since I had someone as my best friend. I lost most...well all of my friends after the third year of high school and I hadn't really gotten any chance to get new friends until now. Kyungsoo really was my best friend, because I could talk with him almost about everything that was bothering me and we spend most of our time together. 

"You should find better friends," Jongin told me and drank a bit of his drink completely unbothered.

I saw the angry look Kyungsoo gave Jongin as he said that and I knew this wasn't going to end well. "How dare you say something like that about me!" he protested. "You don't even know me!"

"True," Jongin looked at him and made a fake smile. "I won't tell Baekhyun to completely ignore you, since I believe you aren't that bad and I don't want to harm my unit's members, especially not the ones who are on my side! You aren't even in my unit so I don't really know why am I spending my time arguing with you." Jongin said and later paid more attention to his lunch.

I looked to my food, but didn't feel like eating. I thought about the things that could bother Jongin so much about Kyungsoo and finally remembered. "Kyungsoo," I said and he looked at me curiously.

"What will you unfriend me?" he asked.

I shook my head to deny this. "I think I know what Jongin meant before," I told him.

"Of course you know," Jongin involved himself again. "You were there. We all were there!"

Kyungsoo looked at me even more confused. 

"Soo... I think you are missing something..." I slowly began. "I think Jongin is talking about the last night... You don't remembar a thing?" I wasn't sure if it would be good to tell him what had happened, but this was the best way to explain him why was Jongin acting that way.

"What the heck are you talking about?!" Kyungsoo became impatient and bit his lower lip.

"Kyungsoo... You probably accidentaly made out with Minho a little... Well actually a lot... And some more stuff..." I said quietly just for him to hear. Kyungsoo stared at me numb and shocked. 

"B-But... I-I wouldn't.... ever.... How-" were the only words Kyungsoo let out. His breathing got faster and he got white as a wall. "I was drunk! I would never go with him, or make out with him," he breathed out and glared at Jongin, who wasn't paying any attention to him and his excuses. He just shook his head in disagreement.

When Kyungsoo saw Jongin's reaction, his eyes teared. He stood up and rushed out of the place. In a matter of seconds there was only his plate left and an awkward atmosphere. 

"What's up with him? Is he like that all the time?" Jongin asked after Kyungsoo's action.

"You wouldn't even dream about it, if I told you..." I replied, making Jongin confused, but not worried about it.

"Maybe he hit his head a bit too much after I had shot him on the match," he said.

I looked at him and nodded. "Yeah..." I agreed. "He doesn't act like that most of the time,"

Jongin didn't reply. Probably because he was busy eating, or he just didn't know what to say. I would've probably also stayed quiet, if I had been on Jongins place. I knew that his competition with Minho was quite serious and it just couldn't come to the end. I had had some hopes that it would've been over after one got that captain position, but it didn't. 

"You know, I will go," I said after some time.

"What you won't eat anything?" Jongoin's look widened. "You wanna get even more skinny?"

"No, I'll just check on Kyungsoo..." I stood up. "I am the last one you should be worried about!"

"Oka~ See you later then," replied Jongin and I hurried to find my roommate.

Luckily Kyungsoo didn't lock the door of the room. I left my keys inside and I wasn't really sure if he would open the door for me in that moment. I found Kyungsoo lying on his bed, with his face in the pillow, while gasping into it.

"I'm a ing idiot! I screwed everything!" he cried into his pillow.

"You really did," I told him the truth and my friend looked at me angry, because of that reply.

"You are not helping!" he shauted and pushed me a bit away from him.

"Kyungsoo..." I slowly and carefully said, to get his attention, but he kept his face in the pillow. "You were drunk anyway... Jongin will get that soon and it will be like it never happened." I tried again.

"Ohhh, like Jongin cares! I kissed the wrong person! He hates me now!" he cried and showed his face. It didn't really look like he was crying, but he was seriously hurt and broken.

"Do you like him that much?!" I asked and Kyungsoo slowly nodded and I noticed that tears slid down his cheeks afterall. I didn't expect to see him cry, since he was much more tough than I was.

"You know, Minho isn't that bad," I said.

"He is not Jongin," he told me. "This is like you would say that you are also single. I don't care I want Jongin! He is like an angel next to average humans on this campus!"

"You are weird," I said.

"That is what love does," he sobbed.

"Yeah, I am not sure about that. You are overreacting!"

He looked at me serious and I knew that I probably shouldn't have said that to him. "I AM NOT OVERREACTING!"

"Okay, you still can explain this all to him. You still have like four years on this university. I guess you will get your chance by then. Tell him you weren't at your mind at all. He should understand and I can help you with it. He trusts me!" 

"Did you even see how he looked at me?! He will never forget this. I ing kissed Minho! I don't have a chance to get him now!" he cried again and burried his face in the pillow again.

"Soo, you are wrong! You still have chances to get his heart and don't you dare say other way! Stop crying, be yourself and fix what you did!" I said with strict voice. I grabbed a packet of wipes and handed them to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo took them and sobbed once again. 

"Uhuh, you think this will help?" Kyungsoo asked weakly.

I rolled my eyes "Of course! I thought you will be smarter than that," 

"M-Maybe..."

 

 

I had a feeling like trainings were getting harder and harder every day. At first we were only doing exercises to get muscles and better condition. Now we were having differend kinds of battles and racings. I was trying to do the best as I could, but it was obvious that I was weaker than other students. 

When the training started on Monday, we all waited for major Park to come. Jongin was now standing in the front of our unit, because he was the captain. The one who had to stand and speak for us.

Major came exactly on time as always (almost always)... He was wearing black trousers and T-shirt. He actually didn't look so annoyed and bothered, like he usualy did, so I wished he wasn't planning on destroying my day like always.

"It seems like everyone stayed alive after Saturday night...." He spoke as he came to us. "That disappoints me a bit, but let's just start with our training! Captain Kim, is everyone present?!" 

"Yes, sir!" Jongin said seriously. 

"Good, I am not in mood for counting you all..." major said and turned around. "Follow me. We are going to our today's training field." 

We all moved and soon came to a place where we would have training. The place was full of different obstacles of all sizes. Ropes were hanging of them, pools with water and a few smaller trampolines were around, ready for us.

"OCR, obstacle course racing!" major spoke after some time. "I hope you all know what you will do here..."

I pressed my lips together and thought about the way over all of those obstacles. It would a big challenge to get over all, even for someone like Jongin... maybe even for major Park, but I wasn't really sure how good he actually was with everything. 

"Sir," I raised my voice before he could continue. "We have to go over these all, or just some after you show us how to do it?" 

Major Park smirked at me and then spoke. "Is there a problem, Byun?" he asked. "I told you about this two days ago and you didn't bother to do a research about it? Obstacle racing has always been used for military training, since it is one of the best ways to test endurance, strength, speed and dexterity! One single mistake and you will end up in a mud and in the best case with a broken leg. You for sure did this at school, but this one is much harder,"

"So the answer on my question is...?" I asked and looked down to the ground. 

"And I am sure you already know the answer on your question, Byun." he crossed his arms. "It is quite obvious what to do here and I won't show you how to climb, run, jump and carry something. I guess you all are enough capable of doing something like that!"

"Yes, sir," I said. 

"Baek, you probably should stay quiet f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter