Two

The Broken

Tossing to and fro, she couldn't find a comfortable position to sleep in. Even though the Night Walker mansion had been a home for her at one point in time, at the moment it felt like a prison. Remembering the last time she felt trapped she made a rash decision and took a life. It was a defining moment that helped her realize what a monster she really was.

The heart wrenching truth of her curse of being such monster had her forcing herself up. Looking at her hands in disgust, the moon light pulled her from her thoughts. Gazing up at the moon that shimmered in the night sky, she moved towards the window and opened it. Letting the cool breeze flutter in, she moved to let her legs swing over the ledge. Dangling her legs out the window, she continued to stare up at the moon above. "Goddess Luna, please give me the strength to fulfill my duties to this pack. I hope I can make it up to my late parents. It's the least I can do to honor them." The yearn for her parents' council was strong tonight. Pondering on her sweet parents, she wondered how the Other Side was treating them. 

 

 

Awaking to the lights that suddenly blinded her, she groaned as she turned to shield herself from the early wake up call. "Get up," Beta Seungri called as he yanked on her covers. She squealed as her indecency was exposed, reaching for the blankets to cover her half body up she looked to scold the man but noticed he was already heading out the door. Falling back, she huffed feeling the burdens of the day already starting to take its toll on her. "Minzy!" Breathing a few cuss words, she rolled out of bed and shuffled into the bathroom to get ready.

 

Sluggishly moving down the stairs, she walked out towards the back of the mansion. Walking out towards the open field to where Beta Seungri stood, she was grateful that she was starting her day in comfy sweats. Stuffing her hands into her pockets, she walked up to him and looked out to see that the sun still had not risen. "Why are we up so early," she mumbled in a whine.

"Shift into your wolf, we start our day with working out," he instructed completely ignoring her whiny nature.

She sighed as she shook her head, "I...I can't. I haven't been able to do that in a while."

Beta Seungri took her by the shoulders and squared off with her, "Just because you haven't been in contact with that part of yourself for a while doesn't mean that it's gone. You need to wake her. Now wake her!" The way his emerald eyes glowed with fury, she found it difficult to deny his request. Stepping back, she trembled and tried to focus on what Beta Seungri said. Pushing past her doubts in her ability, she closed her eyes and tried to concentrate.

She really did a number on this one, the cage was locked and placed within the furthest part of her mind. If anything hurt more, it was letting her wolf get the best of her five years ago and making her out to be a killer. A killer that she vowed to keep locked away and detached from herself. Mentally dropping the walls that contained the metal cage, she slowly reached out and broke the chain. The metal door squeaked open to see her wolf laying helplessly in the back of the cage. Its eyes were glazed over and on the verge on nonexistent until its ears flinched at the sound of the opened cage door.

"Amethyst...Amethyst come, come out", Minzy beckoned out to her wolf. Seeing her wolf with matted, mangley fur and barely enough strength to stand, it ever so slowly pushed its way towards Minzy where it came face to face with her.   

Hissing as her senses began to tingle, her blood started to boil as if it were on fire. Igniting her wolf within, she whimpered as she felt her bones begin to crackle and pop. The breaking of her weak bones had her falling to the ground. Panting as she clawed into the dirt and watched as her hands grew into fury paws with long sharp claws, she braced herself as her body continued to change. The way her bones broke and her muscles tore had her arching her back as she cried out in pain. She had forgotten what it was like to shift and the lack of doing so had lowered her tolerance to the pain of it all. The chocolate covered fur frizzed all around her thinly shaped wolf form as Minzy found it hard to stand in her wolf form. Her vision was blurry as her wolf tried to take in being freed after so long. Narrowing her eyes at Beta Seungri,  she saw multiple images of him as she went stumbling to the ground. Whimpering as she struggled to move, the transformation was taking its toll on her as she felt her surroundings starting to fade.

Meanwhile Beta Seungri tried his best not to let the pity show of how frail her wolf had become. Her wolf was sickly thin and the coat of fur was dull and mangy. Not to mention how she struggled to even stand, her wolf's condition was worse than he thought. It was worse than seeing others transition for the first time. He had his work cut out for him for sure. As if he already didn't have enough on his plate, he now had a long ways to go if he was going to condition her back to health. Moving forward, he scooped the fragile wolf up in his arms and sighed, "Today we'll go on a nature walk." 

Walking them into the woods, he thought back to when he had rescued her from the fire. She had pleaded for him to leave her to die, but it only encouraged him further into shielding her from the fire. She was grieving, she didn't really mean those words, he convinced himself as he walked past the pathetic excuse of a mate she had. To think that he was the brother of their beloved Alpha was beyond him. The emotions and flashes of what had put her into this sad situation made the hairs on the back of his neck stand. The pain was all too consuming and if he let himself feel them any longer he would most definitely kill her mate as he blocked her mind link and kept moving forward. Taking her to the pack doctor, he felt that this poor girl was very unfortunate. Not only had she tried to take her life due to a cheating mate, but he had to give her the bad news that her parents had died in a freak accident.

So now as he held her close, he thought of how Alpha Daesung had specifically assigned her to him. It was explained to him that if anyone could help bring Minzy out of the depths of sorrow it could be his trusted Beta. The only person who she appeared to react to compared to the others who have tried and failed to connect with her. It was a daunting task to say the least, but it was a task specifically assigned to him by the Alpha that he had to obey.

Coming to the healing waters of Nivea, he gently laid her into the pool of cool water as the rushing water of the falls filled the air. Minzy shivered as she was dipped into the water. She knew where they were. She had been avoiding this place along with many other things in her life. Though she was taught of its healing powers since she was young, she had convinced herself that she didn't want or need them. If she was destined to be without her mate or family what was the point of healing? It would only prolong her lonely miserable life. But the instant her body was enveloped into the waters she felt an odd comforting feeling. Like a nice soft blanket wrapping around her body and soul. Closing her eyes as she floated in the water, she listened to the quiet falling waters. Sun bathing didn't come close to the feel of the cool waters she laid in. Letting a stray tear of relief fall from her eyes, she let the waters work its magic on her.  

 

Feeling rejuvenated, she stepped out of the waters and shook her fur. Letting her tongue loll out in content she looked over to Beta Seungri. Thank you, she mind linked to him.

"Don't mention it," he shrugged off her compliment. "We better head back now so we can get dressed and ready for the day." She nodded as she trotted alongside him. The walk back was quiet, but peaceful. There was no need to fill the silence, he wasn't one for small talk anyways. It was something she had come to learn about him over past few years. 

Not wanting to shift back without any clothing in sight, she made her way back into the mansion and into her assigned room. Transitioning back to her human like form, she stretched and let out a soft hum of approval as she made her way into the shower.

 

Running her hands through her long tress of wavy hair, she looked to see how thin she had become. She used to have the curves of a shapely model and now she looked sickly thin, it didn't help that she also felt drained from shifting. Sticking her tongue out to herself in disgust her wolf agreed as she walked over to her black high heels. Slipping them on, she looked like a school girl with a white fitted blouse top and pleated short black skirt. Whoever chose her clothing really didn't have any sense of style she thought as she made her way down into the dining hall.

Entering the dining hall, she walked in to find Beta Seungri with Alpha Daesung at the head of the table eating breakfast. Beta Seungri shot her a displeased look for taking so long and she knew it as well as she picked up her steps to stand to the side of him. "Good morning Alpha Daesung," she bowed slightly as well as asking for forgiveness in being late.

"Morning Minzy," Alpha Daesung said before turning his attention back to beta Seungri as they discussed the details of the day. "I want this issue taken care of immediately," he shook his head. "Bring him back to me today!"

"What would you have me do with Minzy," Beta Seungri spoke coolly as if she were not standing behind him.

"Take her, she needs to see him for herself," the Alpha looked up at her briefly as if sending her a look of pity before looking back at Beta Seungri. "She needs to learn of pack exchanges anyways."

Minzy could feel how disappointed Beta Seungri was feeling as he doubted the Alpha's words. But she didn't want to be looked at with pity. She was training to assist and how can she assist if she was not there with the Beta for whoever this exchange was for. The healing waters restored a little courage in her as she spoke up, "I will do as Alpha Daesung pleases." Watching how Beta Seungri stiffened at her words, she second guessed herself for speaking up.

"That's the spirit my dear, if only Beta Seungri shared that same sentiment," Alpha said before continuing on the list of things to do for the day.

When Alpha Daesung rose to his feet, so did Beta Seungri. Both Minzy and Beta Seungri bowed in respect as Alpha Daesung took his leave. Pivoting on one foot, Beta Seungri took hold of the collar of her shirt and growled, "Don't ever volunteer so blindly like that ever again you hear me?!"

"I..." Minzy was at a loss for words as she stared back in his fiery gaze, "I'm sorry."

He scoffed as he released his grip, "Yeah you will be, because you'll be coming with me to retrieve your mate from another pack land." She felt like her world was coming apart at the seams as she stood speechless to the Beta's words. Cursing her big mouth, she didn't know what to do as Beta Seungri was already moving to carry on with their day. 

 

Minzy's afternoon went by in a blur as she was given a tour and shown a few things she would be assigned to do. But honestly she found it hard to focus, how could she with what she was about to do later on in the day. So instead of preparing for the trip, she found herself shifting into her wolf form and walking into the woods to find the healing waters of Nivea. Letting the waters envelope all around her, she whined and pouted as she thought of who she would see today. She had not seen him since that day where her world was turned upside down. She had vowed to make his life hell but instead, she stupidly signed up to go and save the bastard. Dunking herself further into the water, she let her tears mix with the waters.

 

Staring at her closet, she bit her lower lip and thought it so odd that this would be happening. Making her way into her closet, she unfolded her clothing she had come with and dug into the small pants pocket. She felt her chest tighten as she stared at the small silver band she so happened to have placed in her pocket to destroy after her interupted sun bathing sesion. It was her plan to let him go, but as fate would have it she couldn't. Clutching the ring that held false promises, she hated how she still believed in them. She was sadly still devoted to the disloyal bastard as Alpha Daesung so easily saw right through her. Tucking the ring that she had attached to a simple necklace into her blouse, she made her way out of the mansion.

Seeing four men along with a woman pile in the front range rover, she looked over to the other one where Beta Seungri sat in the driver seat. Mindlessly opening the back door, she slipped inside and sighed. "Girl get your in the front seat. I'm not driving Miss. Daisy anymore," he barked angrily.

Startled, she quickly moved to the front passenger seat, ", what's got your in a bunch."

"You, now put on your seat belt," he barked before turning on the car to follow the car in front of them.

"Grumpy old man," she mumbled under her breath to which she received a grunt that he had heard her. Though she didn't really know how old he was, she knew he wasn't that much older than her but he sure acted like he was. Grinning to herself, she slyly reached over to turn on the radio.

But her actions were in vein as he smacked her hand away, "Don't!" Retreating her hand, she pouted knowing it would be a few hours of silence. "Minzy you need to understand, this pack that we are going to meet are very unforgiving and pretty by the book. They're the Crimson Crawler pack led by alpha..."

"Aren't we all," she scoffed under her breath not really taking in any more information.

Ignoring her comment he continued to inform her of their plan, "This is going to be a trade off. If they will have her, she will take the place of your mate."

"What? So we're giving one of our own who has been faithful for one who betrayed? Why couldn't they just kill him and be done with it," she shrugged.

"Minzy," Beta Seungri growled. She knew very well what the consequences would be if her mate was killed. But knowing and actually experiencing it were two different things. The thought made Beta Seungri shiver as he tried to push the thoughts of pain and suffering he had felt once before. "I know you are still hurt by your mate, but believe me when I say that you have yet to feel the pain of losing your mate indefinitely." Minzy pressed her lips tightly together as she vaguely remembered hearing of how Beta Seungri had lost his mate years ago. "If all goes according to plan, we'll have your mate back in no time and we can go back to finishing your training." Minzy didn't say a word as she knew that if fate taught her anything, nothing ever goes according to plan.  

 

Author's Notes: 

The italic words are conversations taking place within their minds if you haven't noticed yet. Anywho hope you enjoyed the next update. Thanks for reading!