28.

The Broken

Minzy felt horrible, not only for the way she had left things with Alpha Jiyong but how she had struggled to stay focused with the agenda set forth by the Moon Howlers. "My dessert Queen is there anything that I may do to be of better assistance to you," Beta Junsu asked. 

She frowned as she shook her head, "No you've done above and beyond. I just have other worries that seem to be spilling over. I apologize and will do better tomorrow." 

"I would worry if you didn't have a lot on your mind. Your title is lengthy for a reason," Beta Junsu grinned in understanding. "Tomorrow then," he bid good night and left her to her own devices. 

Sitting quietly in the room given to her for her stay, she stayed still until Beta Junsu's presence was far enough to let her finally breathe. Closing her eyes, she noticed that Alpha Jiyong was up early in the morning building charcter as he pulled weeds. Seeing him hard at work, pulling the weeds caused a small smile to grace her lips. But the smile faded as he stopped and turned to give her accusing eyes. "What are you doing here," he hissed accusingly. "Are you here to mock me? To give me pity? If so I don't want either." 

She stood quietly, trying not to be affected by his harsh tone. She knew she deserved it, but it didn't make her feel any better. "No, I've come to apologize. You deserve better..."

"Then give me better," he demanded with fury in his eyes. Her words were caught in as she didn't know what to say. He let out a heavy sigh as he shook his head and softened his gaze as he stared into her lavender eyes, "We both deserve better."

She didn't know why she was so choked up with emotions as she turned away. She couldn't look him in the eyes for the fear of falling apart. "I should go..." 

"Thank you for seeing me," he called after her. "You're always welcome to see me."

She didn't respond as she closed her mind to him. Coming to reality, she was startled by the dark figure that sat in the corner of her room. Trying not to be alarmed, she sensed a dominant nature about the figure. "Alpha Jay what brings you here at this time of night?" 

"Impressive," he spoke cooly before stepping out into the light to reveal himself. "My deepest apologizes for not meeting you earlier. I had some business to attend to with some humans." 

"This apology could have waited until the morning. Why are you really here," she asked sensing there was more to him bein here. 

He chuckled darkly at the clever woman, "You're a unique beauty to behold for sure." Casually strolling closer to her, he grinned, "I've heard stories about you..." 

"What is it that you'd like to know," she asked giving him a warning look to keep his distance. 

Stopping in place, he nodded in understanding, "You could have it all but instead you give your all. Why?" 

"I don't want it all," she replied shortly. 

Intrigued that this beautiful woman was so confident in her answer, he couldn't help but ask, "Then what do you want?" 

Instantly her mind led back to Alpha Jiyong weeding the garden, but she quickly pushed that thought aside, "What I want is not the reason I'm here. I'm here as a guest to help your people and if you so much as disrespectfully invade my personal space again I will take that as me no longer being a welcomed guest and I will take my leave." 

Alpha Jay's eyes sparkled with curiosity being able to rile up this mysterious woman. She was even more fascinating to him in person. "It's late. I will take my leave so you may rest." 

Minzy watched as he walked out of her doors revealing Beta Junsu who stood with an apologetic plea look. Storming over to the doors, she stood face to face with the Beta, "The next person to invade my personal space without my permission will be treated as if they are threatening my life!" 

Beta Junsu bowed deeply, "I understand." Turning around, she closed the doors before huffing out a sigh of frustration. Calming her pounding heart and wolf that wanted to break out and teach Alpha Jay a lesson, she moved to the window and looked to the moon for comfort. 

 

Gratefully Minzy did not see Alpha Jay the next two days, as she stayed solely focused on healing the people that Beta Junsu had shown her. This made her feel more at ease but also more aware at Alpha Jay's absence. "Where is your Alpha," Minzy asked as they made their way back to the mansion. 

Beta Junsu shifted uncomfortably as he shrugged, "He does as he pleases." 

"And what exactly does that entail," Minzy continue to ask. 

"He's been dealing with the humans as of lately. Please excuse his odd schedule," Beta Junsu chuckled nervously referring to her first night. 

"I request to see him some time before I start the agenda for my last day here," she bowed slightly as she neared her room. 

"I'm not sure I can make that happen..."

"Please find a way Beta Junsu, because from what I'm hearing this dealings of humans sounds more important than your pack and that is very concerning," she frowned. 

Beta Junsu bowed deeply, "I understand and will do my best." 

"That is all I ask," Minzy grinned as she turned to enter her room. 

 

Minzy sat quietly on the bed as she heard approaching footsteps, followed by a knock on her door. "Come in," she called. 

The doors were open to reveal Alpha Jay in very casual human attire. "Good evening. I was told that there is concerning matters you would like to address with me." 

"Yes there is," she said as she stood up to meet him half way. "What exactly are your dealings with the humans?" 

Her question intrigued him as he raised an eyebrow to her, "And what does my dealings with the humans have to do with your work here?" 

"Don't mock me. What are you doing with the humans," she asked sharply. 

"It's none of your business," he roared with fury. 

In the next moment, Minzy had him clutched by the neck and slammed against the wall. Staring deep into his eyes she forced her way in to see what he was hiding. Flashes of experiementing and altering of his genes. He was allowing the humans to experiement on him for what? She continue to search his mind to find one researcher that he had grown close to. Intimate to the point of being bewitched to give up any information and let her have her way with him. Releasing her grip on him, she had seen enough. "Cleanse your mind of the humans or it will be the end of your packlands." 

"You don't know what you're saying. They can help us. We can help each other," he tried to convince her. 

"I've lived among the humans before. They fear what they do not understand, but they fear more those that pose a threat to their existence and we are a threat to them. Don't let your love blind you..."

"Just like yours did," he spat with anger. "I can prove to you that these humans are different." 

Minzy was unsure about his state of mind, but at the same time she had to help him see, "Then have Beta Junsu accompany us and we set out to see your humans now." 

Alpha Jay looked at her surprised, "I...alright." 

"What? What do you have to fear if we go unannounced? If they have nothing to hide then it all should be fine," she said walking past him. Opening the doors, Beta Junsu bowed respectfully, "Beta Junsu please join us on the quest to understand Alpha Jay." 

Alpha Jay growled in frustration as he walked past the two to make his way to the car. "I'm not so sure I should be joining on this quest." 

"Neither do I, but as a healer it is my responsibility to help you all," Minzy said taking courage in Beta Junsu nodding in understanding and following out Alpha Jay who awaited them in the car. 

 

The ride was quiet, but Minzy didn't mind as she stared out the window over looking the vast valleys and hills. It was such a beautiful sight to see as they drove with Alpha Jay picking up his speed. Before they knew it, they were at a human military base that appeared to blend in with the scenary. Minzy tensed seeing how Alpha Jay considerably reduced his speed and drove into a hidden cave to the side of the base. "Stop! Let me out," Minzy growled anxiously.

"What," Alpha Jay mumbled as he stopped the car. "We're almost there." 

"Let me and Beta Junsu out here and you go the rest of the way," Minzy instructed. Hopping out of the car before Alpha Jay had a chance to say anything, Beta Junsu soon joined her as she stayed trained looking at the military base. Something didn't feel right as she looked to Beta Junsu, "Take a look around the base and I will follow Alpha Jay." 

"This doesn't feel right," he mumbled as he too began to feel antsy. 

"Any sign of danger get out of there and head back to the packlands to warn them," she instructed as she watched him shift and rush off. But she had other plans as she stayed in her human form and followed in the path way down the cave. Her senses heigtened as she came face to face with a large metal gate. Seeing a number passcode on the wall, she searched her memories from Alpha Jay to find the right number combination. Allowing the numbers to come to mind, she heard a soft ding with clicking. Stepping back, the large gate moved to open. She was met by armed guards who had their guns pointed and ready to shoot.

Ready to take on the guards, a petite woman in a white lab coat came rushing out. "Stand down! Let her pass." Minzy cautiously watched as the guards slowly lowered their guns but stayed with a trained eye on her. "Please come in. They won't hurt you," the woman beckoned to Minzy. Though she didn't trust this woman's word one bit, Minzy moved forward to meet the woman. "Hi, I wasn't expecting visitors. Jay here.." 

"Alpha Jay," Minzy clarified to the woman who he was and watched as Alpha Jay cringed at her clarification. 

"Right," the woman chuckled nervously. "Alpha Jay here needed to show you our lab is that correct?" 

"Yes," Minzy kept her answers short and to the point. 

The woman nodded in understanding, "Well then, I can give you a tour. My name is Min and yours?" 

"It's not important," Minzy replied. "Please show me your lab." 

Min turned to enter a passcode that Minzy easily memorized to allow them into the lab. "Welcome to the lab, this is where Alpha Jay comes to allow us to better understand him." Minzy looked to see a clear glass wall that revealed to be a simple exam room with a large light over an exam metal table a few chairs and what looked to be chemicals in various white cupboards. "Those are chemicals we've tested with and don't worry we've kept Alpha Jay as safe as possible from any chemical reactions." Minzy found that hard to believe as she was shown a couple more rooms that appeared to be pointless. 

"Where is your office? I would like to see it," Minzy spoke up before Min could end her tour.

"My office," Min looked at her as if she wasn't sure she heard correctly. "My office is off limits," the woman chuckled lightly. 

"Even I haven't been there," Alpha Jay tried to say as if understanding Min. 

But Minzy closed her eyes and heightened her senses to pin point where her office is. It appeared to be connected to her sleeping quarters which Alpha Jay was most familiar with. "Take me to your office. It shouldn't be hard for Alpha Jay to show me since he's been in your sleeping quarters plenty of times." 

Min blushed a deep red as Alpha Jay glared at her, "She said her office is off limits." 

Minzy turned her attention to the woman who still stood blushing with embarassment, "I didn't mean to throw your business out in the open, but I must see your office." 

Min couldn't understand why she was compelled to do what was asked of her as she turned to make her way to the office. "What are you doing? You don't have to do this," Alpha Jay snapped as Min opened her office for Minzy. The strong stench of wolf's bane was thick in the air as she walked in and frowned seeing the various results of the various studies Min had done on Alpha Jay. Sadly it was exactly what she had suspected. Seeing the plans of over throwing Alpha Jay's packlands and taking the wolves as experiments made Minzy sick to her stomach. 

"It's not what it looks like. I plan to make you guys better," Min tried to say in her defense. 

"What do you mean by that," Alpha Jay growled as he stood in the doorway finding the wolf's bane too strong for him to handle. 

"I want to enhance your wolf abilities and make you guys faster and stronger," she smiled brightly. "I want to make Alpha Jay the best lycan out there." 

"And is this everything you have of Alpha Jay," Minzy asked as she walked around to take in the researcher's work.

"I plan on showing my results to my commander of the base soon. I just have a few more tests to run to formulate the right antedote," the researcher replied. 

Minzy reached for a journal and skimmed through the book. It had various historic tales of the lycans. Closing the book shut she had seen enough. Glaring at Alpha Jay she knew that this antedote had to be done away with. Turning to Min, Minzy walked up to her and with a stern voice demanded that she destroy everything. Looking back at Alpha Jay who appeared to be ashamed, she shook her head, "Clean this mess up before you decide to return home." 

Min hysterically cried as she had no control of her body that went about opening the journals to rip the pages to shreds, "What's happening to me?!" 

Minzy ignored the woman as she walked past Alpha Jay and out of the lab to see the guards who stood their ground. "I would like to leave and want my appearance cleared from all your minds." One guard moved to the gate and opened it as the rest all stood quietly as if nothing was happening. 

 

Minzy approached the Moon Howler's borders, where she was greeted by a worrisome Beta Junsu and guards, "Where is Alpha Jay?" 

"Cleaning up the mess he made," Minzy said as she was granted passage way onto their lands. 

"You were right. There was news buzzing around the base that there was going to be a big presentation about mutated wolves. It seems like the commander on the base was really keen on hearing about it. The soldiers were talking about destroying every mutated wolf with whatever chemical weapon this researcher came up with," Beta Junsu said in a worry tone. "This will probably leave us vulnerable..." 

Their conversation was cut short as they both turned to see Alpha Jay's car drive up. Turning back to where Alpha Jay had pulled up, the guards stood in attention as everyone smelt a human. Minzy turned to move past the guards as the car came to a screetching halt. Seeing Alpha Jay hop out of the car, he held his hands up. "It's me." 

"Why did you bring the woman with you," she said through gritted teeth. 

"They'll kill her if they get their hands on her," he pleaded. 

"Then what did you do," she asked seeing the blood apparent on his attire. 

"I did what I had to, to protect her," he said firmly. 

"You know the rules. She can't be here. She is a risk to the packlands," Minzy warned. 

"What do I do?! She can't go back," Alpha Jay huffed running out of options. 

Minzy gazed to her side as she left it up to Beta Junsu. Understanding his position, he stood along side Minzy, "Give up your title as Alpha and run away with her."

"You can't ask me to..." 

"I'm not asking," Beta Junsu stood his ground. 

Alpha Jay went quiet as he stood at the cross roads. Staring at Minzy, he then looked to his Beta with sorrow, "Be better than me."

Turning he hopped back into the car and drove away. The guards turned to Beta Junsu who seemed to look as all the responsibilities of the world weighed heavily upon his shoulders. Minzy in turn reached out to take his hand in hers. Giving him a small smile she nodded, "You will be better." 

 

Minzy stayed for the coming days as Beta became Alpha Junsu to the Moon Howlers. He was up front and open with the Moon Howlers of what had happened. Telling his people that they deserved to know the truth and respectfully shared with them that Alpha Jay felt that the people deserved better. Though there were a couple who were unsettled by such swift changes, many more feared the outcome with the humans. But Alpha Junsu had settled their fears by sending spies out to scout out the base. The base had been completely destroyed and emptied by the humans with no sign or trace of them. "I will stay vigilant to any threats that may come upon us. For now I want us to continue living our best lives as we Moon Howlers see fit." Gazing over to Minzy, he beckoned her to step forward, "We are indebted to this great woman who not only healed but saved us from a great destruction." Minzy shook her head as she bowed, but everyone else bowed deeply as a hushed silence fell upon the people as they praised her with great respect. "She will forever be a friend and ally to us," Alpha Junsu announced to have the people cheer. 

 

As much as Minzy enjoyed the extra days seeing how Alpha Junsu blossomed as a leader, she knew it was her time to leave. "Alpha Junsu," Minzy spoke up as they ate dinner comfortably together like they had the last couple of days. 

"Yes my dessert Queen," he smiled brightly. 

"It's best that I take my leave tomorrow," she grinned. 

His smile faded as he went quiet, "You're right. We have selfishly taken more of your time than we were alloted, for that I am truly grateful for your patience." 

"It's been my pleasure seeing the fiercesome leader you've become," she countered. 

"I couldn't have become what I am today without you," he said with a sincere smile. "You made this possible." 

But she shook her head, "No, you made it possible. Your loyalty and your dedication to your people is what got you where you are." 

"Couldn't you stay and become my wife," he chuckled in a flattery manner. 

"I promise you that you wouldn't want me as a wife," she teased. 

"Such a humble wife you'd be though," he further causing them both to laugh. "Very well then, I will send you away my supposed wife." She coughed a laugh as they talked of his future plans of the packlands. 

 

"Come back to me if you change your mind about becoming my wife," Alpha Junsu smiled brightly down at her. Chuckling, Minzy embraced him as she bid farewell before boarding the plane. 

 

When Minzy had touched down, she was greeted by the Moon Howlers that had helped the Crimson Crawlers. Grinning at the group, she knew they would be going home to a rude awakening. One in particular stopped to eye her, "Excuse me, but why is it that you smell like my brother?" 

"Who is your brother," Minzy asked. 

"Beta Junsu," he said as he watched her curiously. 

Minzy smiled in understanding, "Alpha Junsu is a dear friend of mine." 

"Alpha," the group murmured in confusion. 

"Please send my best regards to him," Minzy bowed slightly before walking away. Shifting to her wolf form, she ventured into the Crimson Crawler packlands and into the city. Grinning as she trotted up the steps, she entered the home she had been away from for far too long. It seemed as though Bom and Jennie were away, which was fine by her as she made her way in. Climbing the stairs with ease, she made her way into her room and shifted back to her human form. Taking a nice long shower, she settled into the comfort of her own bed and let sleep take her away.