Seven

The Broken

Minzy looked at the work done on her thigh, it appeared to have been dressed the same as how Yura had done it. Huffing out in frustration, she felt this was all unnecessary as a knock came at the door. Pulling her covers over herself to remain decent, she was surprised to see Beta Seunghyun. Noticing her expression he smiled, "Alpha Jiyong apologizes for leaving. He had some business to attend to." 

She nodded understanding the life of an Alpha must be super busy. Why would she expect him to await her results of a wound that was nearly healed? "I understand, he's a busy man." 

"Due to your injury you are to be on bed rest until further notice," Beta Seunghyun instructed.

"What," she breathed. Frustrated she pulled the covers off to show Beta Seunghyun that it wasn't too bad. But her actions had him turning away out of respect. "Beta Seunghyun I am almost healed..."

He lightly coughed as he stayed facing the other way, "Minzy please don't expose yourself to me. I am only following orders. You're on bed rest and if you don't agree we'll just assign round the clock nurses with you too."

Grumbling in frustration, she tossed the covers back onto herself, "Fine I accept the bed rest." 

"Good, I'll have the maids bring you your dinner," Beta Seunghyun said as he turned to give her a smile. "We just want to make sure you're okay." His sincerity made her feel a little bad for being frustrated. Nodding, she grinned as he left. Laying in the bed, she was willing to follow the bed rest for the rest of the night, but tomorrow she had somewhere to be. She was going to help Yura with the garden, she told herself as she nestled comfortably in the bed. 

 

Minzy had it all figured out as she requested that her breakfast be brought to her bright and early. Instructing the maids to bring her a heavy breakfast so that she was in no need to have lunch. She explained that she did not want to be a bother and add onto the various chores they already had. Though they insisted it was no problem, she had convinced them other wise. Grinning at her brilliant plan, she ate her large breakfast knowing she would not be checked on again until dinner time. This would allow her the day to help Yura. 

Finishing what she could of her big breakfast, she made her way to her wardrobe and frowned seeing that they were all pretty dresses. Finding the loose and most comfortable one, she made a mental note to have the maids get her more comfy clothing like sweats. Slipping out of her room, she looked around to find the halls empty. Tip toeing down the stairs, she made her way out back and into the garden. Grinning to herself as she saw Yura walking into the garden, she waved and took the bucket of tools from her hands. "Good morning dear," Yura smiled brightly. 

"Good morning," Minzy smiled. "What are we going to trim today?" 

But Yura in turn took the bucket from her and shook her head, "You are going to water the garden for me." Placing the bucket on the ground, Yura walked over to the hose and turned the water on. "Here you go." 

Minzy grinned and took the hose, "Let me guess, this water is brought from the waters of Nivea?"

Yura nodded impressed, "How did you know?" 

Minzy shrugged as she thought back to the angelic blond who had shared that knowledge with her, "I heard about it." 

Yura smiled sadly, "Yes a beautiful angel thought of the idea. Our waters of Nivea lie within our forest." Minzy nodded as she figured that maybe sometime she would venture back into the forest to find it. Taking the hose in hand, she began to spray the flowers, but was stopped by Yura. "You need to sing to them." 

"Sing to them," Minzy asked if she had heard right.

Yura nodded as she took the hose and demonstrated in a sing song tone, "The flowers will bloom when you sing from the heart." Turning to hand the hose back to Minzy, she nodded for her to try.

Minzy bit the corner of her lip as she shrugged, "What do I sing?" 

"Sing from your heart," Yura smiled as she walked towards the bucket to retrieve some tools. 

Sighing, Minzy thought of what to sing from the heart, "But I don't sing."

"Today you do," Yura said sweetly as she went back to tending to the flowers she was working on. Rolling her eyes, Minzy softly hummed a tune as she began to lightly spray the flowers. "I can't hear you singing," Yura called out to her.

Spraying the flowers she wondered what song she could attempt to sing, "Don't worry about a thing cause every little thing...gonna be alright." Minzy grinned to herself as she continue to sing. "Singin, don't worry about a thing...cause every little thing, gonna be alright..." As she watered the flowers, she felt the tug at her heart strings as she thought of her father. Unlike her, he was so carefee and loving. Three little birds from Bob Marley was the song he would sing to her in times of distress. Reflecting on her memories of her father, she grinned as she sang the lyrics she thought she had long forgotten. 

"Every little thing...is gonna be alright," Yura joined in as they continued to work in the garden. 

 

When the garden was completely watered, Minzy grinned to herself, "Alright Yura I've watered and sang to all the flowers." Feeling grow scratch from using it so much, she coughed and shook her head, "My throat hurts now." 

"Oh you poor child. Let's head back to my home and get you some soup. It should help," Yura suggested as she grabbed her trusty tool bucket. 

Minzy coughed as she became mute. Shaking her head, she took the bucket out from Yura's hands and linked her arm with Yura's. Mouthing a let's go, they made their way down the dirt path and into the woods. Entering the home, Yura shooed her into the bathroom to get showered while she retrieved some clothing and got the soup ready. 

Sighing as she had no voice to argue, she moved to the bathroom. Peeling off her clothing, she took a nice hot shower. Letting the water trickle down her body, she envisioned that she was a flower as she thought back to her father's song he referenced so much. Singing the song in her mind, she heard a soft knock at the door. Slipping out of the shower she gratefully took the items from Yura and changed into a light blue summer dress. It fit perfectly just like the last dress as she made her way out of the bathroom to see Yura waiting for her at the table. Taking a seat at the table, Minzy smiled at the boiling soup before dipping her spoon in and tasting the deliciousness that touched her lips. 

"That was good," her voice cracked, still sore from earlier. Feeling her sore throat, she knew where she could go to heal it. 

"Are you excited about your initiation taking place at the Lunar Ball," Yura smiled. Minzy shrugged feeling that her initiation was being blown way out of proportion and couldn't be compared to what was being celebrated at the Lunar Ball. It made no sense to her that her initiation would be on a day of celebration. She was nothing to celebrate and had nothing really to offer. The feel of Yura's hand placed on hers, had her gazing up to see the loving motherly look. "Don't worry so much on it. I'm here to support you." 

Taking her hand and giving it a loving squeeze, Minzy couldn't help her eyes from watering. "Thank you," she mouthed. 

Tugging on her hand, Yura nodded, "Come here child." 

Minzy moved up on her feet and watched as the older woman stood to come face to face with her. Smiling, Yura pulled Minzy into a loving embrace, "Let me be the first to tell you that I welcome you fully with open arms into our pack." Leaning into the motherly embrace, Minzy felt her heart flutter as she hugged Yura tightly. 

 

After hearing Yura's words of encouragement, she agreed to help Yura out in the garden again tomorrow. Saying their goodbyes, she folded her arms over her chest and made her way back towards the mansion. Reflecting on the words of Yura she realized how in the past two days she had been finding herself thinking about her parents more often then not. Pausing in her tracks, she closed her eyes and felt the heaviness in her heart. It was then that she heard the rushing waters. Her thoughts led to earlier of Yura telling her of the waters of Nivea being within the forest. She weighed her options on whether or not to head back to the mansion or look for the waters of Nivea. But the sounds of trickling water had her wolf pulling her in the direction of where it was coming from. Following the path, Minzy smiled to herself as she saw the beautiful falls with the crystal clear blue bottom. It was an inticing paradise that called out to her as she walked up to the waters and crouched down. Dipping her hand into the cool water, she let out a soft sigh of relief. 

"Aren't you supposed to be on bed rest," Alpha Jiyong spoke up as he neared her. 

Startled by his sudden appearance, she stood on her feet and regretfully smiled. Through her raspy voice she apologized, "I'm...sorry." 

He was unsure why she had lost her voice as he gazed down to see her in a lovely blue dress. He was curious about her wound, but also curious about the lovely blue dress she wore. It was so familiar he thought. Why were the dresses she wore affecting him so? Shaking his head, he kicked off his boots as he walked beside her. "Care to go for a swim," he asked knowing this would be the best remedy to heal up her thigh as well as her voice. Nodding, she followed him in and grinned feeling the waters envelope around her as she began to walk deeper into the waters. "The real question is can you swim," he eyed her suspiciously.

Smiling as the waters began to sooth her in many ways, she answered him by diving into the waters. Swimming to and fro, she thought back to the last time she was in the waters of Nivea. Beta Seungri had brought her to the waters for healing and now she was healing more so physically as she swam to the bottom. Taking hold of one of the large boulders to steady herself on, she closed her eyes and listened to the flow of water. The quiet. The stillness. It resembled what was currently taking place in her mind. Peace she thought as she stay quietly thinking of the foreign feeling. It had been so long since she had felt such a feeling. She knew it had to be the waters working its magic on her as she stayed basking in the peaceful feeling. Opening her eyes, she saw Alpha Jiyong staring at her from a distance. She couldn't read the expression on his face as he pointed to the surface above. Nodding she followed him up and gasped at the breath of fresh air that entered her lungs. 

"What are you some kind of mermaid," he teased. 

Mermaids were creatures that lycans steered far away from because they were vicious creatures of the sea. Shaking her head, she dipped down into the water and scooped some in . Spitting it up towards his face, she giggled as she watched him scrunch his nose, "You can say that." 

Scoffing at her playful manner, he used his arms to make large waves and swooped them towards her and letting it swallow her up. "If you're a mermaid then I am Aqua man!" Coughing up the water from his surprise attack, she lunged over at him to dunk him but was too slow for him as he dunked her yet again, "You can't drown me! I'm Aqua man!" 

Shooting up from the water, she jumped up and squealed as she was caught in his arms to be dunked again, "Wait no Aqua man!" She coughed up the water, knowing very well he would probably keep dunking her until she gave up. Blinking the water away, she looked into his starry eyes and pleaded for him to stop, "Please no more." Chuckling as he stared into the lavender eyes that bore right into his eyes, they seemed to glimmer. "I'm sorry Alpha Jiyong or Aqua man," she pouted. Hearing his name fall from her lips, had him gazing down to look at them. They looked so plump and so soft, ready to be taken and tasted by him. Realizing where his thoughts were leading to, he stiffened. How could he think such a thing when he was in mourning? Meanwhile Minzy took notice, as he released her and quietly began to swim away. "Is everything okay?" 

Her words had him pause as he glanced back at her confused himself, "Yeah." But deep down he was not, nothing was okay. Walking out of the water he reached for his shoes and gazed back at the mermaid in the blue dress. He wanted to tell her that he wasn't okay and that she was making things even more complicated for his life. But it was his problem not hers. "I have things to take care of..."

Minzy could sense that he was lying, but she didn't question it. Instead she gave him a way out, "That's fine. Is it alright if I stay a little longer?" 

He shouldn't of felt relieved as nodded, but he did, "Yes, just follow the dirt path and it will lead you right back." Turning he was grateful that Minzy let him walk in his own thoughts. The feelings of guilt and confusion seem to be the running theme each time he left her. He couldn't understand why these feelings ate at him when it came to her, but it did. 

When Alpha Jiyong was out of sight, he most definitely was not out of mind. She did not understand why things turned sour so quickly between them in their interactions, but she knew it had to be expected. It was the motto of her life, she thought as she shook her head and dove back into the water. Finding herself settling back on the large rock, she closed her eyes and tried to get back those feelings of peace. But the moments of alpha Jiyong stiffening against her touch and lying to get away from her had an opposite affect. The feelings of unworthy and unwanted played in her mind. These were the feelings she had grown accustomed to and were all to familiar as they weighed on her now heavy heart. Hating at how her spiraling negativity began to consume her, she tried to convince herself that she was in the waters of Nivea.

These were healing waters and what she was currently thinking was far from it. So deep in her thoughts, she had not realized the presence of someone else that had entered the waters. It wasn't until she felt the ripple of the waters that she had flashed her eyes opened to be met with a pair of hazel eyes. Startled by a sudden appearance, she had forgotten momentarily that she was under water and tried to scream. Doing so had water quickly flooding into reminding her of where she was at. Clamping a hand over , she tried to move up towards the surface while trying to spit out the water in the process making it near impossible to focus and swim. But gratefully she was pushed up and gasped as she hit the surface. Coughing violently as she spit up the water, she crawled onto the dirt and braced herself as she tried to breath. 

"Are you alright," a masculine voice breathed as he approached her. 

Furious that she had almost drowned, she snapped her gaze up to yell at the stranger, "No..." Her voice was caught in as she stared at the man looking back at her. "Youngbae," she breathed in disbelief. 

 

 

Author's Notes:

Back at it again with an update for you all. Besides the fact that I have a fascination with colorful eyes, I noticed I have some kind of fascination with water lol. I'm weird haha. Hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading! Hope you all have a blessed day/night!