Six

The Broken

Minzy awoke bright and early, as she looked to see that it was still dark out. She figured it was probably due to all the resting she apparently did as she was away from the mansion. Though she didn't know how she had got into that foreign home, she knew it was for the best to seek answers later. The Alpha appeared to be preoccupied with what was on his mind as he spoke with her yesterday. She could sense his hesitation and knew there had to be a reason as to why he didn't answer her question. But even so, she felt awake and energized, something had not felt in so long. Taking the feelings for what it was, she was up on her feet. Grateful that there was no nurse in sight, she slipped out of the room and made her way down the hall. 

Minzy grinned not seeing anyone in sight as she made her way into the garden. Walking to the center where the fountain was, she sat down and gazed into it. Remembering the young woman who she had met, she reached down and let her fingers dip into the cool water. The cool sensation made her grin as it soothed her skin but it also sent a pulse of healing energy. Scooping some water in the palm of her hand, she sipped the water and felt a sense of relief wash over her. Letting out a sigh of relief, she felt even more energy bubbling inside her. Subconsciously she let her fingers wander to her scar that faintly lay on her neck. The scaring on her mark was fading and she was filled with mixed emotions about it. But maybe that came with healing for Amethyst she thought as she pushed past the various things she was feeling. 

"Should we go for a morning run," she called out to her wolf.

Her wolf wagged its tail and barked in response, "Let's do it." A smile spread across her lips as Minzy walked out of the garden and noticed a dirt pathway that led into a forest of trees. Shifting into her wolf form, she stretched and yawned before walking onto the dirt path. 

Entering the woods, she had no idea where she was or where she was going. All she knew was that she was wanting an adventure. Seeing the various paths, she went with her gut feeling and let her paws press into the cool dirt and ventured down a random path. Seeing how the path came to the clearing of trees, she found herself standing at the bottom of a large moutain that had her neck cranning back to try and take in its size. "Let's climb it," her wolf encouraged her doubting mind. Sighing with uncertainty, she moved forward with the hopes of conquering the mountain. 

 

Climbing the rocky mountain was a challenge, but she was up for it. Skipping and hopping across different rocks, she pushed herself up the mountain. The higher she got, the steeper the incline. But she was okay with it as long as her wolf was. Huffing as her wolf happily powered forward, she couldn't remember the last time she had pushed herself so hard. "To the top Minzy, let's go," her wolf nearly sang. Grinning to herself, how could she deny such a request. It had been so long since her wolf was this animated and determined. Hopping onto a rock, it shifted causing me to lose balance. Yelping as she went tumbling. She caught hold of another rock to stop her from falling any further. Pulling herself back up, she heaved as she pushed aside the thoughts to stop and continued up. That a girl, her wolf cheered as they moved higher up the mountain. 

Focusing her attention on every step, she could see the top. Picking up her pace, she fought her aching inactive body and stayed focus on making it to the top. Placing her paw onto the steepest part of the climb, she growled as she pulled herself up. Forcing herself up and over the large boulder, she panted as she looked to see a small path way leading to the top. Following the small path way down, she realized it was a ease walk up. Shaking her head, she refocused on making her way onto the top. Trotting on the small path, her breath was caught in at the maginificant scenery before her. Walking to the ledge, she stood tall basking in the first rays of sun light. Letting its warmth hit her fury face, she closed her eyes and inhaled the crisp fresh air. The feel of having the purest oxygen filling her lungs breathed life into her wolf that embraced the moment with her. "We made it," Minzy breathed as she opened her eyes. 

Minzy figured it was time for her to get back before she worried anyone. Would they worry? She didn't know why she would even think she was that important to worry over. Though she had started to become more attached to the two wolves who had shown her nothing but kindness, she wondered when that kindness would run out. Deep in her thoughts, she found herself stepping onto a loose rock. Comparing herself to that loose rock, she knew it could be replaced at a moments notice. It was misplaced and probably there by accident. Moving up to the rock, she hit it with her paw and watched as it went tumbling down. Nodding her head, that was most definitely her. But those thoughts were soon silenced as she felt herself lose balance from her actions as the ground shook and she began sliding. Trying to catch a grip only completed her falling down the mountain side. Clawing at the rocks as she slipped further down, she hissed as she thrashed against a sharp shard and tumbled the rest of the way. Hitting the ground with a hard thump, she gazed up at the moutain and huffed figuring it was a faster way down. Softly chuckling at her comparsion of finding herself at the bottom, she sighed as she moved to get up. Upon turning she whimpered at the feel of sharp pain shooting from her leg. Gazing down she noticed the large gash that was bleeding through her fur. Great.

"Dear are you alright," an older woman called out to her. Gazing into the direction of the older woman, she did her best to stand tall but faultered. "Poor baby," the woman came to her side and noticed the bloody fur. "Come, let's get that cleaned up. My home is up ahead. Can you make it?" Nodding her head, Minzy wasn't sure she could put weight onto the woman. Fighting through the sharp pain, she limped her way into the modest cottage. Stumbling by the fire place, Minzy was instructed to sit by it while the woman went to grab some supplies. Gladly she laid onto her side, feeling relieved to be off her feet but still annoyed by the stinging pain. Soon the woman was by her side, pouring some rubbing alcohol to clean out the wound. This made Minzy howl and whimper as the older woman cooed that she was okay. Believing in the woman's words, Minzy tried to hold in her whimpers as she closed her eyes shut. "Almost done," the woman encouarged her as she placed some gauze to cover up the wound. "You should heal within in a few hours," the woman reassured her. Unlike the human body, the lycan body healed ten times faster. "In the mean time you can stay here," the woman offered as she reached for a blanket to place upon her. "Go ahead and shift back if you'd like." 

Grateful, Minzy shifted back to her human form, "Thank you." 

"You're welcome child," the older woman said as she stood on her feet. "Let me go and get cleaned up and then I can grab you something to wear," she said sweetly before retreating. 

"It's fine really," Minzy mumbled as she pulled the blanket against her body. Staring at the fire that flickered, she relaxed on the floor as her aderenaline started to fade. Hearing the foot steps approaching, she lay still as the old woman asked if she could stand. "Yeah," she mumbled as she forced her body up. Nearly tumbling, she caught hold of the ledge of the fire place to stand up. 

"I know I just cleaned up your wound, but it is probably best if you shower. I have the clothing in the bathroom and have the water running for you," the woman said as she helped her to sit on the toilet. "After you shower I can redress your wound," she said before leaving her alone. 

Sighing, Minzy couldn't agree more as she looked at the rubble and dirt smeared on her body. Hopping into the nice hot water, she let out a hum of approval as it cascaded down her body. The heat from the water helped her tense muscles relax. Leaning against the wall, she grabbed the bar of soap and let the suds wash away all the residue from her fall. 

After she was all clean, she pulled a towel around her body and walked over to the sink wear a yellow short summer dress sat. It was cute as she pulled on the strapless dress that hugged against her curves just right. Running her fingers through her long hair, she shrugged as she made her way out of the bathroom. Her nose led her to the delicious smell in the kitchen. Seeing the old woman at her stove top, Minzy smiled and called her attention, "You're right, I needed that shower. Thank you." 

The older woman turned in awe, "You look lovely in that dress." 

"Thank you, it's a very beautiful dress," Minzy complimented it. 

"It's yours," the woman turned with a big boiling bowl of soup. "Come dear," she shuffled over to the small kitchen table. Placing the bowl on the table, she gazed over to Minzy and notioned for her to take a seat.

"You didn't have to," Minzy grinned but was met with a serious look. "But if you insist..." 

"I do," the woman said firmly and awaited Minzy to take a seat before she returned to the stove. "I knew I made extra for a reason," the older woman called from the stove. 

Minzy stared at the bubbling soup that filled her nostrils. It smelt heavenly and her stomach agreed as she grumbled. Clutching her stomach in embarassment, she chuckled, "It smells delicious." 

"I made it last night. I picked the vegetables straight from my little garden," the woman said proudly as she took a seat across from Minzy. "Let's eat!" 

"Gladly," Minzy smiled as she dipped her spoon into the delicious soup. "Wow this is so good," Minzy hummed as the soup hit her taste buds.

The woman chuckled as she shook her head, "I'm glad you like it." Suddenly standing to her feet, she clasped her hands together, "I almost forgot, I have to redress your wound."

"No it's fine..." but the woman was already off doing what she set out to do. 

Shaking her head, Minzy continue to eat her soup that her wolf also thought was very delicious, "I know right?!" 

"Okay dear let me see," the woman said as she held her supplies in her hand. Not wanting to upset the determined woman, Minzy turned and pulled the dress up to reveal the wound on her upper right thigh. "It's healing quickly." 

"It's from all the tender love and care you've shown me," Minzy grinned as the older woman went to work. 

"Well thank you dear, it has been a little while since I've cared for someone," the woman smiled sadly up at her before looking back at the dressing job she did. "There, all done." 

"If it means anything, you haven't lost your touch," Minzy smiled as the old woman sat down again. 

"Thank you dear," the woman smiled.

"You're welcome. My name is Minzy," Minzy politely introduced herself. "And what is your name?" 

"Minzy what a beautiful name. My name is Yura," she smiled. 

"Yura is a beautiful and strong sounding name like you," Minzy complimented her right back earning a soft chuckle. 

"I am not one for receiving such flattery," Yura blushed. 

Reaching over, Minzy took her hand in hers and smiled, "It's not flattery it's the truth." 

Yura gently squeezed the younger woman's hand, "Either way thank you." Smiling, she nudged Minzy to eat the soup before it got cold and giggled as Minzy's attention was quickly captured by the soup. "I have more, there's no need to rush," she laughed as Minzy had long forgotten the spoon and picked up the bowl to guzzle it down. 

Letting out a sigh of relief, when she drank the last of her soup, Minzy looked at Yura with a big smile, "That was really filling. I haven't ate that much in so long." 

"Would you like more," Yura offered. 

But Minzy shook her head slightly and stood to her feet, "No thank you I am filled." Taking her bowl and spoon to the sink, she the water to wash her dishes. 

"I can..."

"It's fine," Minzy was the one cutting her off as she washed the items quickly. Turning to see that Yura had finished her soup, she made her way back to the table, "Would you like more?" Yura smiled and shook her head, to which Minzy had then taken the dishes and retreated to the sink. 

"You don't have to..." 

"It's the least I can do," Minzy smiled brightly as she washed the dishes. 

"Thank you dear," Yura smiled. "Do you have any plans today?" 

Minzy shrugged, honestly she didn't. Returning back to the mansion meant she would probably be cooped up in the room all day, "No, what about you?" 

"I work at the gardens, would you feel up to helping me today? I was on my way to work when I found you. But since I'm late..." 

"Of course, say no more," Minzy said. 

Yura clasped her hands together happily, "Fantasic. Let me gather my things and we can go." Reappearing with a bucket of tools, and a pair of yellow sandals that matched the dress Minzy was wearing, she moved to place them at Minzy's feet. "Wear these." 

Slipping them on her feet, Minzy then took the bucket from her hands, "Alright let's go." 

Yura chuckled as she locked up the house and set out to a path that led them into the woods, "So tell me Minzy why is a beautiful young woman like you out alone?" 

Minzy shrugged as she walked along side Yura, "I had a good nights rest and felt the urge to climb a moutain." 

"If only I woke up with that kind of ambition, I would not let old age take so much from me," Yura sighed. 

Minzy took hold of Yura's arm and linked it to hers, "You're like fine wine Yura. Better with age." Minzy couldn't help how easy it was to be comfortable around Yura. Maybe it was because she reminded her of her own mother, either way she embraced their interactions.

"You are so good to me," Yura giggled as they made their way out of the woods and neared the garden by the castle. 

"Wait, you take care of this garden," Minzy came to an abrupt halt as the woman next to her smiled brightly. 

"Yes dear, I made a promise to do so. Now let's get going there is much for us to do," Yura said as she moved to walk into the garden. "Let's go trim some of the bushes," Yura said pointing to a patch nearby. Placing the bucket at the old woman's feet, she watched as she took out some clippers. "T is an important part of keeping the flowers intact." Clipping a couple of stems and leaves, she handed the clippers to Minzy. "You try." 

Taking the clippers in hand, she tried to mimic the woman's instructions. "Keep the flowers intact." 

"Good," Yura cheered as she picked up another pair and began to clip away with her. 

 

Minzy had rolled her hair up into a bun to be out of her way as she worked. Going from bush to bush, she had enjoyed Yura's company of describing each flower and what it took to have them bloom so beautifully. Clipping the last part of the bush she had worked on, she stepped back to look at her work, "Wow amazing." 

Yura came to her side and pat her arm, "Great work, you're a natural. Maybe you can be my partner in caring for the garden." 

Minzy shrugged as she gained an even greater appreciation for the garden, "That sounds like an appealing offer." 

"For now you should probably head back inside and get cleaned up," Yura encouraged her as she took the clippers from her.  Minzy blinked at Yura, curious to know how she knew she was staying there. "Minzy I may be old, but I'm not naive. I'm glad you're staying here. The Alpha is a good man and takes good care of everyone in his care both the pack and his guests." 

She smiled and nodded, "True, but pretty soon I too will be a part of this pack." 

Yura looked at her in shock, "What?" 

Minzy nodded, "I will be initiated at the Lunar Ball." 

Yura turned to embrace her, "I'm so glad to hear that we are adding more to the family." 

Falling into Yura's motherly embrace, she couldn't help but smile, "I guess I'm excited as well." 

"My dear don't be nervous. We do well to take care of our own," Yura gave her an encouraging squeeze. "Now head in, I'll see you tomorrow. Bright and early." 

As much as Minzy wanted to believe her words, she was still unsure. Could she really be fully accepted? She came with so much baggage and she had little to nothing to offer for this traditional pack. If she remembered correctly, part of initiation she had to show case as to why she deserved to belong. Sighing with a heavy heart, she tried to grin, "See you tomorrow then." 

Yura could sense the hesitation from Minzy, but figured it was expected, "See you tomorrow." Waving, she turned to take her leave.

Meanwhile Minzy stood quietly as she felt her eyes water, seeing how loving and tender Yura acted towards her today it made her miss her mother now more than ever. Watching the woman walk away with her bucket in hand, she knew that woman was a mother figure she so desperately needed. Tugging at her hair she had tucked into a bun, she let it loosely fall down her back. Running her hands through her hair, she was startled as she was suddenly spun around. Crashing into the musky fresh fallen rain and gazed up into the starry eyes that stared deep into her own. "Where have you been," Alpha Jiyong asked deeply concerned. 

"I...I'm sorry..." she found it hard to speak when his eyes bore so intensely into hers. "I went on a morning run. I fell and was injured..." 

"You're injured," he breathed as he pulled away to assess her. "Where?!" Alpha Jiyong's worry increased ten fold as he tried to find the source of her pain.

Minzy pointed down to her leg and squealed as her dress was quickly lifted. "Hey," was all that she could say as Alpha Jiyong noticed the dressing. Minzy moved away and pushed her dress back down as she glared. "Are you crazy?!" 

"You're hurt," he frowned. "Let's get you inside and have the nurses look at you," he appeared unfazed by her embarassment and led her inside. His call for assistance had servants and nurses rushing by her side. Reaching over, he was lifting her dress again to show the nurses as Minzy squeaked again. Figuring it was better to get her on the bed to have the nurses better assess her, he moved to scoop her into his arms. Taking long strides, he rushed them into her room where he gently laid her upon the bed.

"I can walk," Minzy grumbled. But her pleas were ignored as she was laid upon the bed. The nurses went about raising her dress when she stopped them and glared at Alpha Jiyong, "A little privacy please." Alpha Jiyong frowned as he turned and reluctantly took his leave. Standing right outside of her door, he realized she was wearing a dress he had seen before. Peeking through the door to take a glimpse, it was met with a pillow being thrown. "Close the door," Minzy snapped. 

Alpha Jiyong frowned as he turned to leave, mind linking beta Seunghyun that he had found Minzy. He felt a tug at his heart strings as he realized what that dress reminded him of. His mind soon became clouded with grief as he mindlinked Beta Seunghyun to come and assist the nurses if they needed anything. He needed to leave before he broke down with the memories heavy on his mind. Retreating, he hoped Minzy would understand his abrupt leave.