43.

The Broken

Minzy felt like her heart skipped a beat seeing him. But then the way he looked at her darkly with a smug look on his face told her this wasn't him. She took notice of Bom's eyes and saw that his eyes were just as empty. "You're staring at my husband as if you know him," a feminine voice echoed that had the sea all bow in respect. Gazing from the side, Minzy felt her stomach clench as she saw the woman who she had seen Alpha Jiyong with before everything went to . 

Alpha Jiyong chuckled darkly as he with a wink, "Do we know each other?" Standing, he held his hand out and helped the approaching woman to sit next to him. "I've had my share of women, so I'm not so sure I can remember you." 

Minzy rolled her eyes, "I promise you that we've never been together." 

Alpha Jiyong as well as the woman laughed whole heartedly like she had just said a funny joke. Turning back to her, he moved around her as if he were stalking his prey and inhaled her fragrance. This made Minzy tense up as he roughly took her by the neck and nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck. She turned to look into his empty eyes and stared hard. She wasn't afraid of the fangs that elongated in front of her and she sure wasn't afraid of his tight grip as if he was ready to snap her neck. "Mate," he growled. "You're my mate," he roared. 

Minzy placed the palm of her hand against his chest and blasted him away, "Don't speak of things that will never happen." Banging his head hard into one of the columns, he was knocked unconscious.

His Luna laughed as she clapped her hands before glaring in her direction, "So it's you?" 

"It's me," Minzy eyed the woman suspiciously. "What are you going on about?" 

"You're the reason why I have all of this," she chuckled as she motioned all around. "I've become Luna to the untouchable pack that the humans gave to me." 

Minzy quietly stood staring at the woman and noticed that her eyes appeared normal. She was willingly choosing whatever was happening. "How did you become Luna..."

"Ailee, Luna Ailee," she snapped as she rolled her eyes. "After my mate was killed for your sake in that idiotic war I sought revenge. I never knew that helping the humans infiltrate our lands I would find myself here." 

"So what, are all these lycans under some kind of mind control," Minzy asked as she looked around the room. 

Luna Ailee shrugged as she settled in her throne, "Something like that." 

"Why would you betray your own to get what already was coming your way," Minzy couldn't understand her thinking. "He chose you."

Luna Ailee scoffed as she shrugged, "No he didn't! He refused the fight for consideration, saying that he would not let any woman lose their life for him."

"I don't understand," Minzy tried to put it all together. "Why would someone die?" 

"You honestly don't know our ways of life," Luna Ailee mocked with a laugh. "The last trial is a fight to the death. The last woman standing will be considered to be by his side. So when he denied me that right it was clear that I had to take matters in my own hands. I let the human armies in and then they build me my own pack to conquer and build to over throw all the other packs." She smiled darkly, "I think I got the better end of the deal, don't you think? I have all this and what do you have?" 

"I'm going to have to kill you," Minzy breathed displeased that it is coming to this. 

"Kill me," Luna Ailee laughed. "You can't kill me! I have this army and humans on my side." 

"The humans aren't on your side. They will never be on your side," Minzy countered. "You are a threat to them and once you realize that it will already be too late." 

Minzy eyed the humans that appeared in lab coats behind Luna Ailee, some of which held small hand held devices. "No you have it all wrong, it's too late for you! Attack her," Luna Ailee commanded. The scientists started pushing buttons and soon the statues of lycans appeared to come to life. Turning to the crowd, Minzy readied herself as the lycans broke out into a dead sprint in her direction. Pushing the first couple and jumping in the air to kick a couple back, she began to fight them. Snapping some arms, pummeling through the masses and clawing at a few, she stayed fighting as Luna Ailee as well as the scientists stood watching. Minzy tried her best not to fully hurt the lycans she was fighting, only injuring them enough to wound them but not deal any fatal damage. "Kill her," Luna Ailee growled as the groups of lycans tried to come at her with more force. Ducking and dodging the blows thrown her way, she was caught by the throat and slammed into a column. Feeling herself being lifted off the ground, she growled as she tried to pry the strong hands off of her neck all the while fighting the others who tried to bite and posion her. Finally freeing herself from the lycan's grasp, she hit the ground ready to cause some real damage as a force came swooping in and knocking half of the crowd away from her. She continue to fight the others that tried to attack her and realized that Alpha Jiyong was that force that was also fighting the crowd. "What are you doing," Luna Ailee cried angrily. "I said kill her," she pointed angrily at Minzy. 

Minzy felt overwhelmed with more and more ganging up on her, she closed her eyes and exhaled deeply as she focused on the light from within. Suddenly the surge of light blasted the piling group of lycans into the air and away from her. Opening her eyes, she began to move at the speed of light fighting everyone one and then finding herself building a shield of light between the mindlessly zombies and her standing in front of the speechless Luna Ailee and the scientists who cowered behind her. Walking up to Luna Ailee, Minzy gripped her by the throat and raised her into the air. Digging her claws into the struggling Luna's neck, blood began to trickle down her arm. "Free them," Minzy said calmly as she glared at the scientists. 

"But we haven't finished..." one scientist tried to reason with her. 

"I wasn't asking," Minzy said as she demonstrated exactly what she meant to do to them as she ripped Luna Ailee into shreds. The horror that struck their faces as Minzy stood covered in blood and guts, had some of them trying to retreat. Stepping over the remains of the Luna, Minzy reached for the first scientist she could get her hands on and growled, "Free them!" 

The scientist trembled as he went to work pushing buttons on his pad, "Please...please don't hurt me!" Holding the scared man in her grasp, she looked at the lycans that froze in place and suddenly dropped their heads in whatever position they were in. 

Tossing the man down, she went racing for the first scientist who had tried to reason with her. Pinning the woman to the ground Minzy growled at her, "Free them! Destroy whatever program you have them under!" 

"I...I can't," the woman began to cry. 

"What do you mean you can't," Minzy barked. 

"I don't have the power to destroy the program, but...but I can free them," the woman shakily said. 

Minzy moved off of the woman as she let her stand on her feet, "Then show me or I will do much worse to you than I did to Luna Ailee." 

The woman nodded as she stood and picked up her device, moving towards the masses of frozen lycans she typed in a couple of things before looking to Minzy, "There is a chip that is inserted in each of their heads. It's on the left side of their heads behind their ear lobe. You have to cut it out." 

Minzy's heart began to pound as she looked to Bom who stood with her head down. Exhaling deeply, she walked over to her and pulled the hair away to see the incision behind her left ear. Using her sharp nail, she dug into the incision and opened it. There latched onto her brain was a black chip like the scientist said. Tugging on the chip, it finally snapped off and suddenly Bom went limp. Catching her in her arms, Minzy looked at the woman and opened her eyes. Watching as her eyes came to life and the veins fade away, Minzy mumbled her name, "Bom?" 

"Minzy," Bom replied weakly before gasping. Jolting in Minzy's arms, she began to foam at the mouth and shook violently. 

"What's happening to her," Minzy demanded as she glared over at the scientist. 

"It's a precaution we took just in case they didn't take the chip," the scientist called to her. 

Hugging the shaking woman tightly to her, Minzy focused her energy on Bom, "Relax. It's going to be okay." Minzy trembled feeling posion that was triggered into Bom's brain. It made her head feel like it was on fire and ready to explode as Minzy held Bom's body that slowly began to relax. Spitting out the poison from , she exhaled and coughed before looking to see that Bom had fallen fast asleep. Laying Bom onto the ground, Minzy looked around at all the lycans and sadly grinned, "I will save you all." Moving at the speed of light, she jumped from lycan to lycan. Removing the chip, absorbing the poison and gently laying them on the ground. Standing at the last lycan, she wasn't so sure what to do. She knew, but her feelings had her hesitating before she moved behind Alpha Jiyong's ear and opening the incision and pulling the chip. Placing her hand over the incision to absorb the poison, she helped him to the ground before looking at the scientist who stood gawking at her. 

"What are you," the scientist breathed. 

"Cursed," Minzy honestly said. "Now leave this place and have the rest of the humans retreat off these lands." 

"I don't think I have the power to..."

"I killed Commander Psy and I killed your only ally Luna Ailee. Don't test my patience and get yourself killed too," Minzy warned. 

The scientist stiffened at her revelation, "Will you let us leave?" 

"Go now before I change my mind," Minzy turned away to see the lycans who lay unconscious. Walking back to where Bom lay, Minzy picked her up as she gazed about the room and heard the scientist take off running. Sighing as she looked to Alpha Jiyong, she turned to take her leave. Moving past all the soldiers who were scurring about as if they were chickens with their heads cut off. Craddling the sleeping woman in her arms as she walked out of the mansion and over the rolling hills to the borders of the Crimson Crawler pack lands, she made her way out of the lands and towards the desserts. There she saw the group had inched closer than she had left them and figured it was when she had out. They all appeared to be on edge and ready for war as she walked to the group who stood where the shield stayed holding them back. 

"Healer what is the meaning of this," Beta Teddy roared as he drove his fist into the shield. "What happened to you," he growled seeing her covered in blood and dirt. 

"When this shield drops I would advise you all to attend to the lycans that are being held in the mansion. Ignore the humans and tend to our kind," she instructed.

"Ignore the humans," one growled. "We should kill them!" 

"Tend to our kind or you will answer to me," Minzy warned as she stepped through the shield. 

Beta Teddy was in shock as he looked to see who she had in her arms, "Is that..." 

"Like I've said, there are lycans that need to be tend to," Minzy said through gritted teeth. Gazing over to Alpha Bi Rain she nodded, "He's alive." 

The relief that washed over Alpha Bi Rain's face almost made her crack. But she looked away and kept moving through the crowds. "Let me take her," Beta Teddy breathed as he was instantly by Minzy's side. 

Unsure she should do so, she noticed both Beta Seunghyun and Commander Dara looking at her curiously, "Your Alpha is also still alive." Handing Bom to Beta Teddy, she began her trek towards the dessert planes. 

 

Having blood and dirt caked all over her body didn't bother her one bit as she kept walking with Beta Teddy trailing behind with Bom in his arms. "Healer let us rest a while. We have been traveling all day and night," Beta Teddy finally spoke to her. 

"We are almost there," Minzy mindlessly mumbled. 

"Stop Healer, we need a break," Beta Teddy grumbled as he took camp next to a boulder. Ignoring him, she kept walking before he caught hold of her wrist. "It's okay to stop now." 

Standing still, Minzy gazed up at Beta Teddy before looking over to where Bom lay still unconscious. Sighing deeply, Minzy collapsed down onto the hard dirt gazing up at the bright sunny sky.

Having the sun burning down on her, she felt her mind going hazy as she could have sworn that there was a cloud forming in the sky. Could the cloud be for her, she asked as it hovered over where she lay to allow her some shade. Closing her eyes, she tried to slow her heavy breathing and smelt the storm coming in. Bewildered by her senses, she looked up to see more clouds dotting the sky.

Staring quietly at the clouds, she took in her day. Replaying how she had single handedly taking out countless humans, killing the nusiance of a Commander, saving lycans that she thought were dead, but also finding out that Alpha Jiyong wasn't dead. He wasn't dead and even under his mind control he knew her. Feeling the drops of rain pitter patter onto her face, she closed her eyes and embraced the storm. Hearing the thunder rolling in excited her as the rain came pouring down upon her. It was like the Gods were telling her what great job she had done, or at least that was what she believed as she lay still. 

"Minzy, Minzy," her name was called over the now roaring thunder. Opening her eyes, Minzy looked to see Bom smiling down at her, "Welcome home!" Shooting up, Minzy embraced Bom and cried as she buried her face into her shoulder.