41.

The Broken

Minzy was grateful to finally have a moment of quiet as Beta Teddy followed Commander Taeyang and Beta Seungri out of the tent. Laying back down on the cott, she felt a little odd being in her human form for so long. "I see you have finally awoke from the darkness," Chaerin spoke up as she stood next to her. 

She sighed deeply, as she gazed upon the angelic woman, "Do the Gods seek to punish me for doing so? Are you here to take away my gift?" 

Chaerin smiled as she shook her head, "No in fact I have come to do the complete opposite. The Gods feel it is in your best interest that you possess an immortal body..." 

"Immortal? No thanks," she shook her head. "I can barely tolerate my life as is." 

"Minzy the Gods have allowed you to live your life as normally as they could. But you must know that the Gods have not just chosen you just because. It is because it is in your blood. The reason why your eyes are lavender colored because you carry a royalty gene. It is a recessive gene that is passed to a lycan who is a warrior for the lycan Gods. Your genetics allow you to become the ultimate lycan all the while being able to walk among the lesser, those of this world rather than achieving such greatness on the Other Side," Chaerin said. "You will balance out this horrific war." 

Knowing she had no choice in the matter, she sat up to gaze at the angel of a woman, "I will accept being immortal if it means I can end this war so that these lycans can find peace in their lives."

"The humans have devised a weapon that only you can kill with your immortality," Chaerin instructed as she reached into her sleeve and pulled out a long blade. Pressing the tip of the blade into the palm of her left hand, she slid it up and into her wrist. "You must drink of my blood until you can't drink anymore. Once you accept the blood you with transform as you shift on this full moon night." Moving her bleeding hand out to her as an offering, she nodded for her take it. "Drink." She had so many questions about this immortality gig, but it seemed to Chaerin that taking the blood was first priority as she moved her arm closer to where the blood was touching her lips. Hesitantly, Minzy moved her hands and took hold of Chaerin's arm and opened . Latching her parted lips onto Chaerin's arm, she took her first gulp and let the metallic blood fill and wash down her esophagus. As she continue to drink the blood, it soon began to taste sweet as if it was some kind of natural fruit. Craving more, she harder as she felt her heart start to pound in her chest and her senses started to heighten. Filling her belly, Minzy pulled away with remnants of blood smeared on her face and down her neck. away what she could, she gazed at Chaerin who nodded. "Rest and let the blood in your body consume you so that when you shift into immortality it will not hurt as much," Chaerin said as she turned and faded away. 

 

Minzy awoke to feel her being lifted. "You're a bloody mess," Beta Teddy breathed literally seeing her covered in blood. Taking the canteen he had nearly killed someone for, he used it to wipe the dried cracked blood off of her face. "What happened to you," he mumbled. 

"The Gods," she softly said as she still felt drowsy and struggled to wake from her sleep. 

"And what did the Gods have to say to you," he huffed as he started to wipe at her neck. 

She didn't know why she felt emotional as she tried to blink away the sleep from her eyes, "I must accept immortality when I shift. It is the only way I can fight what secret weapon these humans plan to use on us." 

Beta Teddy stopped to seriously stare down at the Healer. To him, he knew this was a gift he would welcome with open arms. As for her, he wasn't so sure. He remembered when she had told him of how she had welcomed death so many times. Knowing what he had pieced together while he was with her and when he was searching for her, he knew her life was complicated to say the least. "And are you going to do what the Gods have asked of you?" 

"What choice do I have," she asked as she moved out of his grasp to sit up on her own. 

He sat quietly as he thought of her options, "Healer you always have a choice even if the other choices don't feel like one." 

"You are a wise man Beta Teddy," she smiled as she snatched the canteen from his hands. Taking the waters of Nivea to her lips, she let out a sigh of relief as she consumed every last drop. Rejuvenated she stood on her feet and smiled, "I choose the people."

Proud of his gracious leader, he nodded, "The people it is then!"

Stepping out of the tent, Minzy felt her senses tingle as the full moon was rising high into the sky. Extending her hands out ready to accept what the Gods wanted of her, she was startled by the small hands that took hold of her hand. Looking down, she grinned seeing the courageous girl she had healed first from earlier. "Hi there." 

"Hi," the girl blushed embarassed that she had touched her. 

Minzy knelt down by the girl and squeezed her hand, "What is it?" 

"Will you come see my friend before you leave? He really wants to see you please," the girl swayed nervously from side to side. 

Gazing at the moon rising then back down to the girl who looked at her with pleading eyes, she gave in, "Fine, take me to him. We have to make this quick." 

"Okay," the girl squealed as she tugged Minzy with her. 

Giggling at the girl who had them moving through the throngs of people, she was confused as she was brought before a tent that was being guarded. "Your friend is in there," Minzy asked the girl who nodded. 

"These men said I could see my friend if I brought you with me," the girl pouted. Minzy pressed her lips into a thin line as she glared at the guards who stood staring at her in disbelief. They quickly moved away from the tent entrance to let them pass. Shaking her head, Minzy walked with the girl into the tent that was dark. Honning in her sights, she realized that this was an imprisonment with the metal bars they came to stand before. There appeared to be a couple of people packed inside with chains, all of which were lycans. But the little girl didn't seem bothered as she pushed up against the bars and called out, "Friend! Friend look who I've brought you!" 

Minzy stood quietly as she watched a tall man stiffen before slowly turning to reveal himself, "B...Beta Seunghyun?" 

He was covered in dirt and filth, with tattered clothing to boot. But it was the way that he violently coughed as he stumbled to his feet. "Lean on me," a woman's voice croaked as she came to stand and help Beta Seunghyun to his feet. 

"Commander Dara," Minzy breathed. Moving to grip the bars, she looked at the pair who looked so ill she shook her head. "Guards," Minzy roared. "Guards open this gate now!" 

The guards came rushing in to stand by her side and looked at each other before looking at her, "We...we're not allowed to open this gate under any circumstances." 

"Here," Alpha Siwon appeared as he cautiously moved to open the gate. 

Minzy then rushed inside to take hold of Beta Seunghyun's other side, "Take them to my tent right away!" 

Commander Taeyang came to stand in her way as he frowned, "What are you doing? They are traitors to our kind! Not only traitors to us, but to you!" 

"Move," Minzy growled as her lavender eyes burned with fury. 

"You heard her," Beta Teddy spoke up as he readied to pounce on anyone who dared cross the Healer's path. 

"Let them pass," Alpha Bi Rain called seeing how Minzy glowed with an aura that spoke of readiness to burst at anyone in its path. 

Commander Taeyang shook his head as he stepped aside and everyone else followed suit. Parting the seas, Beta Teddy moved to open the tent for them to enter. Once inside, Minzy and Commander Dara had helped Beta Seunghyun onto the cott. Shaking her head, Minzy knelt by the cott and moved to place her hands onto him when Beta Seunghyun caught her hands, "What are you doing?" She pulled her hands away as she placed them onto him, sending him soothing feelings to help ease his pain she watched as he relaxed. "Minzy please, just let me die," he dryly spoke. 

Her heart broke as she stared into his eyes that had lost their sparkle. "The war hasn't been kind to you my friend," she sadly grinned as she began to absorb his sickness and pains. It all came in a matter of seconds as she realized that she not only felt it, but also healed from it instantly as well. "If I have to live so do you," she grinned as she moved to stand and look over to Commander Dara. "Do you need healing?" 

Commander Dara gawked at her in disbelief. They had not seen each other since the harsh exchange that happened a year ago. Yet here she was, offering to help them, "Why would you want to heal me?" 

"Because I need all the brave soldiers I can get for tonight's attack," she said as she moved to take Dara's hands in hers. "And because we were once familiar to one another." Releasing Dara's now healed hands, she gazed between the two. "You both will come to defend your lands." 

Beta Seunghyun sprung to life as he stood in amazement, "You mean our lands."

Minzy wasn't sure how to respond to Beta Seunghyun's comment as she nodded to Beta Teddy, "Get them cleaned up and fed. I want them to join the ranks tonight." Exiting the tent, she was met with a crowd who wanted answers. "These prisoners are under my charge, if anyone lays a hand on them you will answer to me." 

"How can you protect them when they have failed to do so for you," a lycan spat. 

"They don't deserve to live," another shouted. 

But she held her hand up to quiet the building audience, "They will pay for their actions, but it is I who will decide what they will do to repay me. Now let this crowd disperse as we have a bigger problem to prepare for." There were a few grumbling, but they all went about their own ways knowing her words rang true. As the lycans went about their own way, she sighed as she moved about the camp. Gazing up at the full moon rising in the sky, she could feel her blood starting to pump faster. It was like everything around her began to intensify to her senses. She could hear the pulse of the fellow lycans around her instantly pick up around her, the smell of sweat rolling down the lycan's face as he continue to shout at other lycans to get ready, and also see the medical tent as if she were standing before it. She hadn't realized that she had all but elegantly floated like a swift wind to the tent as she pulled the entrance open. A hushed silence fell upon the tent seeing her and she couldn't blame them as she felt the mixed emotions of fear, sadness, anxiety, and hope spark in a few. Nodding at the doctors and nurses who tirelessly worked on the injuried, she gazed around to take in her audience. Holding her hands out she grinned, "My fellow lycans there is hope. The Gods find favor in keeping our blood lines going. If you so desire to heal then so be it. But I ask that in return you help me restore our lands by taking up arms with me tonight." Seeing a few nod with others gazing at her with doubt, she grinned as she closed her eyes. Thinking of each of their faces, she focused on filling them with the light. Inhaling deeply, she then slowly exhaled sending out a wave of relief. The relief was felt by all that were in the tent when suddenly they watched as she began to glow a soft hue of violet. The light that surrounded her was inticing and inviting them to all rise on their feet no matter how injured they may be. With everyone quietly standing, facing the woman who now had her light pulsing with life soon opened her eyes and shot waves of light out to everyone. Many gasped in awe as well as shock as they felt the force that struck them. It was like an electric shock that tingled in every fiber of their beings and moments later some lycans had fallen to their knees in disbelief at being completely healed while others embraced one another. Smiling at the humbling experience to see hope restore in all of their eyes, Minzy whispered a prayer of thanks to the Gods. "Tonight we fight," Minzy's voice echoed with strength that had the tent howling in praises and good tidings. 

 

Minzy was able to escape the throngs of lycans celebrating being revived from such hardships as she stood outside of the camp to gaze in the direction they were gearing up for. Sitting up on the dirt ground, she could see the armies of humans as well as how prepared their camps were set up. They had baracades for miles, tanks, the protection of the city walls as well as city buildings, not to mention the sounds of heart beats that was ten times as many as lycans in the camp. It was a losing cause and she could feel it. 

"What is it," Alpha Siwon asked as he came to stand next to her. 

"Can you feel it too," Alpha Bi Rain asked as he stood on the other side of her. 

Quietly sitting for a moment longer, she could sense another presence on the human camps but couldn't tell what it was. Standing to her feet, she turned to look at the two Alphas. "I'm sorry," she breathed as she held her palms out to them and blasted them back.