42.

The Broken

Minzy didn't give them time to react as she extended her arms out and sent out a beam of light. Both Alphas, stumbled to their feet ready to question her as they noticed some kind of clear fluid light beaming in between them and Minzy. "Take this camp and move them towards the dessert planes. Your fight will come if I don't succeed."

"Healer," Beta Teddy came rushing over and was knocked back by the light shield. "What is the meaning of this," he growled in frustration. 

Sadly she grinned at her loyal Beta, "Look after Jennie until I return." Turning around, she looked to the full moon that was high in the sky. "For the people and for Jennie," she breathed as she went running before shifting. Mid air, she felt her blood boil. It was like time had stopped as her bones began to rattle, crackle and pop. Amethyst...Minzy called to her wolf who ripped through the seems of her human body. Her raven fur glowed as it fully covered her enlarged build of her lycan form. Spinning as her shifting body was bathed in the moon light, she sprung to life with Amethyst. She felt the change to the atoms of her body and she accepted it as she moved as the speed of light. Stopping in her tracks as she neared the Crimson Crawler borders, she inhaled to smell the traps that lay within the ground. Smirking as a spot light was placed upon her, Amethyst cheekily showed her fangs before bull rushing forward. Dodging the bullets that appeared to fly by her in slow motion, she sprung over a trap, but still set it off as an explosion went off with a bang. Flashes of light was seen in the corner of her eye as she kept running as it set off other explosives. Picking up speed as more bullets came spraying in her direction, she breached the wall and took out the human gunner. She wiped out the wall force and huffed as lights and sirens began to alert the other camps. 

Rushing off the wall and making her way towards the city, she came upon a baracade of humans with a tank. The tank had blasted a large shot that had sent her flying into the wall. Groaning at the impact. she howled as she coughed up blood and looked down at her chest to see her guts all hanging out. Growling as her body began to reassemble itself, she huffed at how painful it was to do so. "Immortal but still painful," she breathed as she went running again as her body continue to heal itself. Taking a couple of silver bullets, it only aggravated her more as she launched on the first human she could get her claws on. Tearing through another with ease, she flung the remains of that solider towards the others before jumping onto the tank. Clawing through the top, she slashed through the two soldiers inside before turning to the group who were trying to shoot her while in the tank. Killing every last one of them, she continue to make her way towards the city. Finding herself at the city limits, she huffed at the sea of human soldiers and tanks alike awaiting her arrival. 

Kill the lights, we don't need them, Amethyst breathed. Growling, she began to bark. Louder and louder she barked until the ground shook and the strength of her voice knocked out the power of city as well as all the lights on their weapons. The darkness that consumed the city, had the humans on edge as they began to place their night vision goggles on. Much better, Amethyst gave another bark that had the ground trembling as she swiftly moved towards the groups. Pummeling through the flying bullets and into the first group of humans, she ripped through with her sharp fangs and claws. Taking bullet after bullet, she stayed strong. Spitting out the human bits, she lunged towards another as one of the tanks tried to shoot at her. Moving so quickly, the tank had tried to keep up with her before they were found firing at one another. Slicing through the metal, she worked at taking out each tank. Rummaging through the other daring soldiers as rag dolls, she made her way through and found her way to the center of the city. 

Minzy found it interesting that these humans would choose to harbor the heart of their operation where she had once been reborn into the Crimson Crawler pack that no longer existed. The remains of the building showed just how ruined the lands had become as the human soldiers stood all over what was left of it. They all held their guns pointed at her as she realized who they were waiting for. "Well, well, well," Commander Psy spoke through loud speakers. "I've been waiting for your return. Where have you been," he asked in a mocking manner. "Do you like what I've done with the place," he darkly chuckled. 

"Enough," Minzy's voice boomed. "You and the rest of these humans need to leave!" 

"Why would I leave when I have such a nice view," he asked. 

Tilting her head, she could hear how calm he was. "Where are you? Show your face," she demanded.

"I don't answer to you. These lands are mine and you are going to learn just that. Light her up boys," he commanded. 

The spray of ammunition that was sent her way was countless as she took a couple of hits but still made her way to attack the humans. Taking out the army that was supposed to have killed her, she pounced on the last one and growled, "Where is your leader?" 

"At...at the mansion," the scared soldier breathed. 

Pushing off the pathetic human, she went racing out of the city and towards her destination. What used to be green rolling hills, were dead and muddy hills that had baracades and military vehicles that she had to work through to get to the front gates of the mansion. It was like these humans were nonstop as they all stood with a gun in hand as Commander Psy's voice boomed through loud speakers, "I see you've found my base." 

"Leave," she growled. 

He coughed a laugh as he appeared at the front doors, smug with the clawed face, "Don't you want to first find out why I'm doing all of this?" Honestly the thought had not crossed her mind. She had been so focused in taking them down she had no time to really consider anything else. "Come, I want to show you something. Let that wolf through," he commanded.

The sea of men split down the middle without batting an eye as Commander Psy turned to move back into the mansion leaving the door wide open for her to follow. She knew she couldn't trust him, but she also knew that she was now immortal. Whatever he had in store for her she would survive, she thought as she took strong strides cautiously through the army of men and into the mansion. She was met by other soldiers as well as other curious eyes, she figured they had to be scientist with their white medical coats on. Ignoring the masses, she followed Commander Psy up the stairs and paused as she came to what used to be Alpha Jiyong's quarters. Hesitantly, she followed him into the room and was surprised it still looked like it last did when she had left Alpha Jiyong flowers. 

"Now," Commander Psy said as he closed the door behind them. Moving around her, he found himself at the window looking out it as if he were deep in thought. "Let's be clear, I hate your kind and I want to cleanse the world clean of the abomination that you all are." Minzy stayed quiet as she couldn't agree more that she would also like to cleanse the world of the likes of him. Turning to face her, he stood tall as he moved to the desk and sadly smiled as he stared at a picture frame. "But it seems that there are those who feel other wise and want to use you as weapons of war." Shaking his head, he took the picture frame in his hands and started intently at it, "Can't they see that you all are far too dangerous," he coughed a laugh. "You destroy all that's in your path, even robbing the world of its goodness."

"Commander Psy, let's not prolong your bias distaste for my kind. I can assure you that I have mutual feelings towards humans. Tell me what you want," she huffed feeling frustrated that she was even hearing this man out.

Turning to face the picture frame to her, he glared at her, "I want her! I want my daughter back!" Minzy paled as she stood in disbelief. "Can you give me her back," he shouted before standing to his feet and throwing the picture frame to the ground. The frame shattered at Minzy's feet as she stood unmoving as he began to rant on, "You stole her away from me! You took the only thing I loved from this world!" His eyes began to water as he thought back to that horrific day. The phone call, rushing to the scene, falling to his knees seeing his daughter's lifeless body. Trembling at the blood seeping through her chest and realizing that it was his daughter's heart that lay a few feet away from where he sat craddling her head and wishing her back to life. "No one believed me and now...everyone wants a piece of the action," he seethed angrily through his teeth. "But that is besides the point. I wanted you to know that this isn't just about your stupid lands, this is personal."

"I...understand," Minzy found herself struggling to speak as she stayed focused at the smiling young woman in the picture. She didn't know what to say as she found herself being pulled back to years ago when she had taken her first life. It was his life, she realized how much she had wronged him without even knowing. But she had also wronged the lycan world seeing as this wronged man now sought vengence. "Then personally I must confess that it was I that took your daughter's life." Commander Psy stiffened at her confession as she continued. "She was found in the middle of something that was personal to me. I don't know what your knowledge is of the lycan world, but she was found with my mate and what followed resulted in your daughter's death and my life sentence."

"You mean to tell me that I've had my daughter's killer all this time," he growled as he clutched his gun and pulled it out of his holster to point it at her. "You living is mocking my daughter's death." 

"Believe me, I've wanted to die many times but I can't at least now," she said sadly as she felt a bullet hit her head. Growling in annoyance as she glared at the man who shot her, she shook her head as it came popping out and onto the ground. "Like I've said I've been punished to live." 

"You live and my daughter die," he angrily cried as he moved to lunge at her with a blade he pulled from his desk. But she was able to move faster as she pounced and sent him flying onto his back. Holding him flat on his back, she gazed down at where the blade was lodged into his heart. Commander Psy found it somewhat humorous as he lay trembling and began to bleed out. "It's too bad I won't get to see your own heart get ripped out," he glared at her until his eyes went hollow and he lay limp in the pool of his own blood. 

Shaking her head in shame, she nuzzled his face to close his eyes, "I promise you that my heart has been ripped out one too many times." Moving off of Commander Psy, she noticed someone standing at the door way. Gazing over to the person, she felt her heart stop as she looked at Beta Mir. "What," she breathed in confusion until she felt herself go flying into the wall. She was pinned in place by Beta Mir who elongated his fangs and bit right into her shoulder. Squeaking out at such a toxic bite, she growled and shoved him off hard sending him flying to the opposite wall. Shaking her shoulder that tingled and went numb from the poision, she glared at him, "What is wrong with you?" He didn't say a word as he came rushing into her direction again. Preparing herself for the impact, she froze as she caught sight of the woman who stood in the doorway. "Bom," she breathed in disbelief as the pair came rushing over and knocking her out cold. 

 

Minzy winced at the throbbing feeling in her head. Grunting as she felt a stinging sensation on her wrist, she slowly opened her eyes to look. Gasping at the poision filling her veins, she glared at the woman who stayed with her fangs attatched to her. "Bom," she breathed as she tried to shrug her off to feel Bom's teeth sink deeper. Hissing at the way the fangs dug into her muscles, Minzy tried to stay focused long enough to rip her arm away. The spouting blood that flung from Bom's mouth had her babying her wound as she realized she had shifted back to her human form. Gazing around, she realized at she was in the cells of the mansion. Hearing Bom growling, Minzy looked and noticed that her eyes seemed different. They looked empty. The veins in her eyes bulged and her pupils were like black holes. "Bom," she tried to call out to her and watched as Bom snapped and showed her fangs as if the name wasn't familiar at all. 

Ready to brace herself for an impact, Minzy's attention was pulled to the rattling of the cell bars. Turning her attention to the noise, she watched as Beta Mir unlocked the cell and tossed clothing at her feet. "Put these on," he said before nodding to Bom. Seeing Bom immediately flank his side, she noticed some kind of kinship between the two as she cautiously moved to grab the clothing. Not wanting to fall for any tricks, she slipped the clothing on all while keeping a trained eye on the pair. "Follow me," Beta Mir said sharply as he turned with Bom following close behind. Gazing down at her wrist, she hissed as she looked at the healing wound. Shaking the thought she walked out of the cell and followed the pair out of the dungeon. Emerging into the mansion, she noticed the human soldiers that stood in attention as if Beta Mir and Bom were of no threat to them. As they neared the main hall, Minzy began to grow nervous. Something was off as they entered to a sea of lycans. They all stood in perfect attention and not a word being said, only the sound of their footsteps echoing as they walked further into the hall. Coming to a stop, Beta Mir and Bom both bowed deeply before stepping aside and revealing Alpha Jiyong who sat in his throne.