30.

The Broken

"Close the gate," Beta Mir roared as he rushed in. 

A tall and confident leader stood in the fore front. His tanned skin and defined features were nothing short of a movie actor. But it was the curious gaze he held on her that had cut her train of thought on him. "What happened," the man whom Minzy presumed to be the Alpha of the pack. 

"I can walk," Minzy pulled out of the reluctant arms that held her. Standing on her feet, she pushed aside the light headedness to greet Alpha Bi Rain. "Beta Mir almost died on our way and I helped him." 

"You did more than help me. You saved my life," Beta Mir cut in. Snapping his fingers, he ordered someone to get her something to wear. It was then that she noticed the tattered shirt barely had her private areas covered.

Suddenly a cloak was draped over her and it was a royal cloak at that. "Thank you for bring me back my right hand man," Alpha Bi Rain gave her a warm smile as he wrapped a comforting arm around her. "Come there is much to discuss after we get you cleaned up and fed." 

"Do we really have time for that," Minzy asked somewhat panicked as she glanced around at the warriors who stood their ground listening to Beta Mir bark orders. 

"It's be fine. Please let my maids take good care of you," Alpha Bi Rain insisted to which maids quickly rushed to her side to take her under their wing. "We'll be okay. Don't you worry," he winked as he turned back out to the other warriors to resume his position. 

 

Minzy rushed through cleaning up and stuffing so that she could get back out to join the ranks with the other warriors. Frowning upon seeing Beta Mir still in the same state she had left him, she stood in front of him before he could order someone else to do something. "You need to get cleaned up and get something to eat if you're not going to rest. Your body needs some time to heal." 

He paused and smiled at her warmly, "I'm healed enough thanks to you. Now please don't worry over me and join Alpha Bi Rain, he's been awaiting your assistance." 

Though she wanted to insist, Beta Mir was already moving to instruct some lycans to help fortify the walls. Inwardly sighing, she made her way to where Alpha Bi Rain stood on the wall. Joining him, she was him awe at the horror of smoke and fire that was set ablazed on their packlands. "It's amazing how in such a short time the humans have destroyed half of our lands," Alpha Bi Rain spoke. "I've heard rumors of your powers and hope that it will give us the edge we need to survive this," he said as he glanced over to her. "Their weapons have been specialized with liquid silver and wolf's bane. I've heard that these weapons were made on some top secret military base headed by some lunatic commander out to make our kind extinct."

Minzy found it interesting that this sounded similar to what was happening to the previous pack she was helping. Could this commander be the same from the last pack? Could it be that the soliders had up and moved onto these packlands rather than the last? "Have you heard the reason why this commander has set out to destroy us all," she asked. 

He shook his head and frowned, "There hasn't been any time to sit down and chat. They came in like a theif in the night and terrorized my people.I'm not sure if we can even hold onto our city area. They seemed to have enough ammontiont to last them a couple of months with how much they've been firing at us." Turning his attention back onto the area that was now being over run with humans his frown deepened. "This is the longest that they have gone with out firing at us. Something is up and it is making me feel really uneasy."

"What would you have me do," Minzy asked sensing what he meant. Alpha Bi Rain was right. The air was quiet, a little too quiet for her liking. It was almost like a calm before the storm quiet that made her skin itch. 

He sighed not really knowing himself, "I would like you to help me save my people from destruction. I'm hoping that you're the answer to our prayers." 

Minzy stood still over looking at the smoke that burned from the various fires. "You place so much responsibility and trust into a stranger. But I hope that I can meet your expectations." 

He grinned at her bravery, "Beta Mir has told me what you've done for him and I can assure you that you've surpassed my expectations. I'm just a man running out of options." Nodding in understanding Minzy knew what he was saying. The packlands are sacred lands to the pack. It is the place that their forefathers had established as the grounds for their home. The place that was blessed for the generations to come and prosper. It was their safe place that had now been threatened. To lose one's packlands means more than losing a home. The politics and wars that will ensue to finding a new one will affect other packlands to the point that one pack will conquer another packland or worse disolve into nothingness. 

 

Minzy had taken a tour of the packlands and grinned seeing Beta Mir who was still barking orders to other lycans. Waving to get his attention, he softened his demeanor as he made his way towards her, "Did you enjoy the tour?" 

"Yes," she nodded. "I have a favor to ask of you..."

"Anything," he said without hesitation.

She smiled at his willingness, "I need you to retrieve a human military uniform that will fit me." 

"Why," he paused and eyed her suspiciously. 

"When you get it for me I will answer any questions you may have for me," she responded before turning to take her leave. 

 

Minzy was grateful for a moment to be alone. Though it was made known that she was powerful and strong she was still treated like a well protected guest having maids and even guards with her every moment of the day. Standing at the large window of her room, she looked out at the sky and saw the stars twinkling. Even though the smoke was thick filling the air, she could still see them. Feeling a tightening in her chest at the stars that she actually wanted to see, she bit her lower lip. "Be strong," she told herself as she tried to not think about Alpha Jiyong. Placing her hand on the cool glass, she reminded herself that once the mark was gone things would go back to normal. She wouldn't think about him and she would be the last thing on his mind. Hearing a knock on her door, she turned to see Beta Mir with the items she had requested. "Thank you," she said as she moved to take them.

But Beta Mir pulled them away, "Please don't tell me you plan on infiltrating their camp."

"That's exactly what I'm doing," she grinned as she tried to reach for the clothing and missing as he pulled away again. 

"No that's too dangerous," he frowned. "We've attempted to send men in and they've died trying or have yet to return." 

She sighed as she swiftly moved and snatched the clothing away as she examined the uniform, "I understand." 

"Please my Queen and Healer. I don't approve of this..."

"Then you can send me off. I want you to give me as much information you know that will best keep me alive," she cut in. 

He paused as he went quiet as he thought about it, "Well...the best time for you to move would be in an hour or so..."

"Then debrief me and have a maid fetch me a bag to put these things in," she instructed. 

"Shouldn't we talk this over with Alpha Bi Rain," he asked nervously. 

"We've talked about it," Minzy answered vaguely. 

Beta Mir looked torn as to believe her or not, "I..."

"Beta Mir we're on good terms. Don't test my patience now," she said sternly with authority in her voice. 

He bowed hearing her tone, "I understand..." 

 

Minzy stretched as she looked to Beta Mir who nodded with a bag in hand. Letting out a soft huff, she shifted and nodded as Beta Mir slung the bag over her neck. Before she went dashing off, the thought of Alpha Jiyong came to mind. She knew he would worry, especially with the mark but she didn't know to what affect it would be if things didn't go according to plan. "Beta Mir promise me that if I don't come back within the day that you give me a couple more days before you alert the dessert lycans and the Crimson Crawlers."

"I can wait. We don't need packs retaliating for your loss," he chuckled nervously. 

"But when you do tell the Crimson Crawlers, deliver the message to Beta Seunghyun. Alpha Jiyong will probably react harshly due to his current circumstances," she said hoping that he wouldn't press the issue further. 

"And what circumstances would prevent me of going about the proper chain of command," Beta Mir eyed her suspiciously.

She sighed knowing it was only right to be honest, "If you must know he bares my mark. But I haven't completed the process yet. I want the mark to fade so that he may see and feel things without its influence." 

Beta Mir's jaw dropped as he stood in disbelief, "You marked someone and yet you're not letting him finish the process? That's cruel." 

That same thought had crossed her mind, but in a different sense, "What's cruel is that our DNA over powers our wants and desires. I don't want him to feel forced into this."

"Did he say he felt forced into it," he asked. 

"No," she frowned. "But our situation is far from normal. He's had the love of his life pass away recently and I have already been mated before..." Beta Mir inhaled deeply before looking at her side ways with confusion. "The Gods took away my last mark." 

"If the Gods have intervened then you know that your union is more than being mates. It's blessed which means I know you'll come back to us," Beta Mir smiled. "May the Gods guide you through your journey," he bowed deeply. 

Minzy was grateful for his confidence as she bolted forward. Rushing out into the woods, her night vision narrowed on the path that Beta Mir had instructed her to take. "Find the stream," she breathed as she listened carefully to hearing the trickling water. Leaping over the stream, she went a couple of paces forward before taking a sharp right. Grinning upon seeing a guard tower, she slowed her pace as she heard a faint heart beat. Softly treading towards the tower, she found a man who lay unconscious and bleeding out. Instantly she could smell his lycan blood as she bent down and dipped down to help his body over her back. Running back to the gate she had left, it began to open with guards rushing out to take the man off her back. Once he was taken, she was off again. Repeating her steps and rushing past the guard tower to hear more faint heart beats. The men had been scattered throughout the woods, all on the brink of death but still very much alive. Other guards had joined her in the journey after the second man she had brought back. Listening for any more heartbeats it was the soft thrumming that filled the air that made her alert as she looked around. Something felt off as she mindlinked the wolves to leave right away. Seeing the wolves bolt off, she glanced towards the direction of where the thrumming was coming from and there stood a line of soldiers with one standing in the front of them all. The man looked to be in his late forties early fifties with his peppered hair. His face wore a look of expectancy as if he had expected this moment. She had fallen into his trap as he nodded and there was a roaring sound like thunder followed by a bright flashing of light surrounding her. Instinct took over as she swiftly moved and leapt into this man's direction. In the blink of an eye she had made it out of the trap and had pounced. She didn't know how she had moved so quickly as she struck him with her paw and clawing across his face. The surprise followed by the horror that followed in the man's face had him shouting. Soon Minzy felt sharp jabs and she shoved into the soldiers that had attempted to attack her. Getting into a defensive stance at the soldiers that surrounded her, she still felt the jabs that had struck her and she looked to see syringes hanging off of her. 

"Unbelievable," the man spat as he stood up holding his bleeding face. "Get it," he barked to which the soliders obeyed. 

Minzy felt a bit light headed and hard to focus as she gazed at the soldiers zeroing in on her. Being weary with each footstep, she heard quick movements on her right and looked to see a man rushing with a syringe in hand. Turning to face her first opponent she jerked away from the person who moved to try and stab her from behind. Swinging her heavy paw to shove the surprise attacker into the other one, the others started to join in. Minzy growled as she fought the various soldiers who got in a few more syringes but she was still able to stay with it to maul up a couple of them. Giving them all a harsh bark to taunt them to keep attacking her, more came forward with syringes rushing her way. 

"Stop," the man in charge growled as they pulled back. As he stepped forward, his heavy steps seemed to make her head pound. She had a splitting headache and her body felt overwhelmed with sickness. But that didn't stop her from spitting out the blood that dripped from and sending the man a menacing glare. He stopped before her with a dark smile, "You have a lot of fire in you." Dropping the smile, he looked at her with a death glare, "Let's see just how much fire you have burning in you." The man quickly placed a gas mask on his face with the soliders only mere seconds behind. "Now," he shouted as he raised his right fist in the arm. Suddenly there were loud flashes and bangs with thick smoke filling the air. Minzy had in turn attempted to run out but was surprised that the smoke had formed thick cement like walls. She couldn't push past them as they began to enclose around her, shrinking as the last thing she saw was the men standing in gas masks.