Ten

The Broken

Taeyang nodded as he looked to Minzy, "The reason why I remind you of your ex-mate is because I am his identical twin brother, which makes you my sister and my charge to take care of." Gazing around to the pack that stared in disbelief he sighed as he began to explain himself, "My mother separated from my father and begged to be accepted back by her birthed pack. My father had allowed her to take me, but he kept my oldest brother who is the Alpha of the pack that Minzy comes from and my twin brother." Frowning he thought back to his sad predicament, "You see, I had been away when my twin brother was captured, upon returning home I found out that he had passed on and that Beta Seunghyun had so cruely demanded that my sister be taken for a trade. This trade was unlawful and unjust. I had spoken to our beloved Alpha of such deception and he could not deny the law to have Minzy returned to her rightful family, that is me. But she had been convinced that she was captured and feared her life. Returning to the same captors that have filled her mind with lies." 

Hearing his words, Minzy was speechless. She now knew what house she had been resting in. But more importantly she found out the reason behind the familiarity of Taeyang's name and looks. Youngbae had spoken about his brother briefly, telling her that he was torn away from his mother and brother, but never made moves to seek them out. She had never understood why Youngbae never did, but she figured she'd let it go if he had done so. But now after hearing Taeyang speak, feelings of regret for running away from a man who saw her as family, had her starting to frown. "I didn't know," she softly spoke.

"Alpha Jiyong knew, as well as Beta Seunghyun and yet they continue to break the law and hold my poor sister here hostage," Taeyang growled as he looked around at all of the pack members. "You all in no way can deny the law. By marriage to my blood she is my family meaning we cannot deny her initiation to our pack." 

There was grumbling and whispering from all around as Dara bowed her head and moved back among the crowd. No arguements came from the crowd as by law what he claimed to be true, except from the Alpha who stared sternly at the Commander before looking towards Minzy, "Minzy answer me this, did I or Beta Seunghyun hold you captive in the mansion? Did we so cruely decieve you into staying at the mansion to be held as a hostage?" 

"No," Minzy honestly said. "Of course there have been plenty of misunderstandings, but I knew that I was cared for."

"Would you say that in a sense you found the mansion as a home," Alpha Jiyong continue to question her. 

"I did," she admitted. 

Nodding, he looked about the pack and his voice boomed like thunder as he demanded all of their attention, "My dear good pack members, I have treated her as nothing more than a guest. And as Commander Taeyang stated he did come to me to explain the importance of this young woman who I let go, as the law states, to go under his care. But it appeared that she returned back to the mansion seeking security under my roof at her own free will. Is it really cruel of me to allow her back into my home when she flees the home of her so called family?" Pausing he stared hard at Taeyang, "I would tread lightly with your bold words Commander, for they may be taken as a threat to my reign." 

Commander Taeyang bowed deeply out of respect to avoid turning the situation into a hostile combat, "It is not a threat, but a plea for everyone to understand we cannot deny Minzy. She has a right to be apart of our pack whether you all want it or not." 

"Commander is right, perform the ceremony of water and fire," someone called out from the crowd. 

"Agreed," various people spoke out. 

Upon hearing various responses, Alpha Jiyong gazed around and extended his arms out to the people, "What sayst thou oh great and wonderous pack?"

"Water and fire, water and fire..." they chanted. 

"If it is what the pack desirest we shall have a ceremony of water and fire," his voice boomed causing the crowd to roar with cheers of support. Minzy bowed respectfully as a sheer white veil was placed upon her head to cover her face before falling to her knees to keep her head bowed in reverence. "Rise and walk the path," Alpha Jiyong called out to her. 

Slowly standing on her feet, she watched as the seas of people parted to give her an aisle that lead to a clear tank like pool of water. It had rose petals floating in the waters as Beta Seunghyun stood by the pool and extended his hand out to her as if telling her to make her way. Easily lifting her into the pool, the cool waters made the nerves she was feeling disolve as she moved into the middle of it. With her head still slightly bowed in respect, she extended her arms out to her sides as the people chanted the ceremonial words of water. 

"It's time for your next gift," an angelic voice called out to her. 

Gazing around, Minzy spotted the blonde woman from the garden smiling at her. Unsure of what she heard, the angel nodded her head before her attention was pulled to the starry eyes of the man who moved to stand before her. "Let these waters cleanse your past so that you may have a bright future with us," Alpha Jiyong said. 

Nodding in understanding, Minzy refocused on the task at hand and slowly dropped to her knees. Bringing her hands together as if praying to ask the Gods for such a fate, she closed her eyes and laid back letting her body be fully submerged into the water. Making sure that her body was completely submerged, she let her body sink to the bottom of the tank. The quiet flow of water had her feeling a peace that had her relaxing. She felt so relaxed that she was starting to believe in the ceremonial words of cleansing herself from her past. Closing her eyes, she hoped and prayed that those words would eventually be a reality rather than just an idea. What she would give to be cleansed of her past, the possibilities were endless. 

But the peaceful moment had come and gone as she felt a sudden pull at her clothing which her bursting out of the water and back onto her feet. Opening her eyes, she was met with the starry brown eyes of Alpha Jiyong who stared intently at her. "Come and shift into your purest form for us." 

Allowing Beta Seunghyun to help her out of the pool, she fell to one knee and called out to Amethyst. Amethyst being stronger than ever, effortlessly shifted showing everyone the raven silk tress of fur that had a tantilizing contrast to the glowing lavender eyes. Amethyst was majestic to say the least as she gazed around at the crowd before bowing to the Alpha.

The way that Amethyst glowed as if she had her own moon light about her had Alpha Jiyong swelling with pride. He knew this had to be a sign from the Gods that she was destined to be apart of their pack. "Come, you must walk the path of fire and show our pack what you will do for them," he instructed. Keeping her head bowed, she stayed looking at the shreds of the lovely dress she had worn. She had washed away her past and shed its reality to her true nature, she thought as she followed the Alpha's command. Now she would have to walk a new path of fire as she would demonstrate having loyalty and devotion to the pack. Thinking on what was being asked of her she wondered if she could do such a thing. Could she really give her all when she felt she had nothing left of herself to give? She had given it her all with Youngbae and yet she had nothing to show for it. Being caught up in her doubts, Alpha Jiyong moved to look her into her eyes. "You must walk this path, for it will also show you that through fire and hell we as a pack will do the same for you." She had not thought about it in that way as she stood on her feet and bowing her head in understanding.  

Staring past the Alpha, she watched as hot coals were poured down the aisle she had walked down to get to the pool. Minzy was nervous for Amethyst, seeing as she had just fully recovered, but Amethyst paid her no mind. She wanted to show Minzy that she meant every word about living as she took her first step onto the burning hot coals. Biting back the pain, Amethyst took slow strides across the coals that were burning through her paws. Mind over matter, Amethyst tried to console Minzy who was whimpering at the searing pain. The slow strides had to be taken to demonstrate just how much her wolf could take as well as symbolically show the pack to what extent she would go for them. Finally making it through the heated coals, she bowed on all four to show complete submission. 

"Let us share the oath of our pack," Alpha Jiyong said as he told her to look into his eyes. 

Nervously Minzy opened up her mind and locked her gaze with the Alpha's. Minzy found herself standing in the yellow Summer dress Yura had given her. Interestingly enough, she had found herself standing inbetween the makings of the rolling green hills that stood between the city and the Alpha's mansion, she couldn't help but grin. Clasping her hands together, she stared at the city wondering what it would be like to live among lycans like herself. The last time she had lived in a city was among humans who had traditions she had taken time to learn but never fully understand after things became rocky between her and the late Youngbae. Her attention was pulled to the man who stood curiously standing from a distance staring at her frame. Remembering how beautiful she looked in such a contradictory dress, at least for him, if only he could redo it all and stay by her side until he got the results that she would be okay maybe then she wouldn't doubt being a part of the pack or his intentions for that matter. But tonight it wasn't about him, it was about her and he choice to be a new member of the pack and as a new member of the pack she deserved the truth of her circumstances. "Once this ceremony is over you will be the newest member of our pack. Is there anything you would like to say? Any question you would like answers to?" 

Minzy stiffened at his words. She had a lot to say, no thanks to him. But the one thing she couldn't hold back on was finding out about her connection to Taeyang. "I trusted you..."

"You can still trust me..." She coughed a laugh as she turned to look at him and stumbled back not realizing how close he was to her. Taking hold of her wrist to help her catch her footing, his eyes narrowed on her neck. He had lost his train of thought as he took hold of her shoulder and brought her closer to him. He was confused and elated to see that her mating mark was no longer there. It didn't make sense, nor did he or his wolf want it too as his gaze shifted to the curious lavender eyes that were looking at him. Swallowing hard, she was a breath away from him as he stared intently at her. She had come a long way since he had first seen her and yet she still seemed to withhold even more potential of blooming into something more in their pack.

"Alpha Jiyong," her voice dripped as sweet as honey onto his ears. "I trusted you yet you broke it," she repeated and even though she was scolding him it caused the opposite affect on him as he wanted to hear more of her beautiful voice. "You withholding the information about Taeyang is the same as lying to me." But Alpha Jiyong couldn't seem to hear the disapproval in her voice as his thumb rubbed soothing circles onto the crook of her neck where her mating mark should be. It soothed him to touch her so when a light went off in his head. A light that he had been avoiding up until seeing that there were no longer traces of her past left on her. "Alpha Jiyong are you listening to me?!"

Even in her frustrated tone, Alpha Jiyong couldn't will himself to be annoyed with her as he sighed. "Minzy there's something you need to know..."

"What tell me?! Tell me please!" Shaking her head, she pulled away from his grasp and stared at him, "Please Alpha Jiyong if you're going to tell me something I need you to tell me the truth rather than bull ."

"You need to understand why I care for you and am drawn to you," he said as he heard her scoff. "Even if you don't believe it, I ran from you because I was running from myself and my true nature."

"And what is your true nature? Being an and running away from me," she mockingly guessed.

Sighing he wasn't so sure if he should say, but he knew the consequences of not telling her would only prolong what would eventually happen. "I've been running from the fact that I am drawn to you because... you... you're my mate."

It was as if some invisible force had struck her and knocked the wind out of her, "Excuse me?" 

Meanwhile his confession had the opposite affect on him, it was like a breath of fresh air, "You're my mate." His wolf swelled with pride in the Alpha for finally owning up to what was happening to him. 

Growling in frustration, she clenched her fists as she marched right up to him and hit his chest as he stood still staring down at her, "What did you just say?!" Hitting his chest again, she began to tremble, "I...can't...be...your...mate!" The hot tears were streaking down her face as she hoped she could beat the words out of him. Shaking her head it had to be a mistake, "I have no mate!"

As much as his pride was ready to burst with excitement of what he thought would happen, seeing her refuse him was frustrating. He sighed heavily as he caught hold of her wrist to stop her from hitting him, "Minzy listen to me, do you honestly think I want this?!" Gazing up at him through her watery eyes, she could see that he was also just as frustrated. "I didn't ask for this to happen it just did," he huffed.Yanking her hand out of his grasp, she turned to walk away.

Slamming the door shut to her mind link, she opened her eyes and returned back to the reality of everyone standing and awaiting the verdict. "Until the end come, I will forever be a member of the Crimson Crawlers," she forced herself to finish the words of the ceremony as she kept her gaze to the ground. Without another word, she pushed her way out of the crowd and rushed into her assigned dressing room.

Shifting back to her human form, she wiped at her hot tears that finally fell from her eyes while she slammed the door shut and locked it. Taking the robe from her chair, she wrapped it tightly around her body as she continue to cry. Taking a deep breath, she tried to clear her mind is she made her way to the window. Pulling it open, she stiffened at the knock at the door. "Minzy? It's Beta Seunghyun," he called through the door. 

"Go away," Minzy growled.   

Beta Seunghyun sighed as he leaned against the door, "Minzy what is the matter?"

She was trembling as she cowered into a ball. Shaking her head, she continued to cry, "Just leave me alone. You and Alpha Jiyong are very cruel. I can't trust either of you."

Her words caught him off guard. He wasn't expecting her to say that and now he had to know the meaning behind it. Breaking the door with ease, he frowned as he saw her curled up in a ball as if she was back in the cells. Quietly making his move towards her, he could see her trembling and sobbing. What had she and Alpha Jiyong been discussing to have her act this way? Crouching down by her, his frown deepened as she flinched away. "I can come off cruel at times, but I can assure you that I have never intentionally meant to be cruel to you. I consider you as a dear friend. But if you can't trust me then what is the point of such a friendship? Please Minzy, tell me what is the matter," he softly spoke. 

Looking over at him through her blurry eyes, she could see the sincerity of the man who had helped her through her time in the cellars, "Beta Seunghyun...why didn't you tell me?" 

Nodding he thought about the first day he had laid eyes on her, "Something told me to choose you." Pressing his lips together, though he didn't know what it was at the time it was a good thing he did. "It was for the best though, because as you have heard we keep to our own and kill the rest. The other young woman would have been offered up as a sacrifice to be killed to retrieve your mate's body." 

At the mention of mate, she shivered at the real reason she was crying, "Now that you mention it, it does make sense. I am grateful that we were able to spare an innocent life, but that is not the reason I can't trust you..."

"I did not know your connection to the Commander until he was carrying you off and the law forbade me to follow. The Alpha and I were concerned to have found you passed out in the gardens, but it only seemed like more physical proof for the Commander to take matters into his own hands and take you away. When you had come back I was elated. I thought you had chosen to seek protection under Alpha Jiyong until your initiation," Beta Seunghyun found himself blabbering away hoping she'd understand. 

She sighed deeply as she brushed the tears away, smearing her makeup, "So then did you know that upon my initiation Alpha Jiyong was going to profess that I was his mate?" 

Beta Seunghyun was dumbfounded as his eyes widened, "He what?!" 

She nodded as she shook her head, "He did a ty job of it too." 

A knock came at the door and Minzy's gaze shifted to see the Commander leaning against the door frame. He gave her a soft knowing grin before giving Beta Seunghyun a curt nod, "Sorry to interrupt, but I would like a word with Minzy please." 

Beta Seunghyun pressed his lips into a tight line, though he wanted to stay and learn more of Minzy's perspective he knew she had to figure things out with the Commander. The Commander who was providing a bigger head ache than what he needed, especially finding out what his Alpha had just admitted. He knew there was an attraction but to proclaim her as his mate? This was so unlike the Alpha. They had talked about her being mated already and it was part of the lycan way that once one was marked it was for life and no one else could stake claim on the werewolf. Yet Alpha Jiyong was breaking tradition not only by pack rules but rules of lycans as a whole. Shaking his head he gazed back to Minzy, "We will talk more later." Excusing himself, he had to seek out the Alpha to get a better understanding of the situation. 

"May I come in," Commander Taeyang asked politely after Beta Seunghyun had left. Walking in, he moved close but not too close to allow her space seeing her in a fragile state of mind. Sighing as he sat upon the ground, he looked over at her and grinned, "Would you like to take a trip to see Youngbae's grave? I can pull a few strings since I am third in command after the Alpha and Beta as well as you know now that my brother is Alpha Daesung." 

She sat quietly as her wolf purred with sadness. They had parted so abruptly and with everything that had been going on, she had not properly mourned. "I...would..." 

"That can be arranged," he nodded before going quiet. "I...I'm sorry you had to find out this way." 

She shook her head and weakly grinned, "I'm sorry I ran away. I didn't know." 

"I figured that when the Alpha didn't allow me to explain myself to you and forbade me to bring it up to you until your initiation," he added. Rolling her eyes, she shook her head. "Don't worry I feel the same way about our Alpha at times," he chuckled. "But it is probably in your best interest to pull yourself together and rejoin the group for the Lunar Ball. It will help when I seek permission."

"I understand," she softly spoke considering the politics of it all. "Will I be going home with you after this then?" 

"It is your choice. I don't want to pressure you into it when I know that you have been pressured into a lot of things as of late," he frowned. 

Minzy felt grateful that he was genuinely concerned, "I would like to go home with you. I have a lot to learn about the brother I never really knew I had." 

Taeyang smiled brightly at her words, "Then it's decided then, I will show you to your new home after the Lunar Ball." 

 

 

Author's Notes: 

Of course I would change a chunk of this chapter. Damn I always do that to myself when I try to proof read, meh oh well lol. We made it to the double digits y'all! Yay, thanks for joining me on this wonderful werewolf journey haha. And thank you guys for the great comments, I really appreciate them. Now that you see Minzy's actual relation to Taeyang, let's see in the coming chapter what Minzy does with the news that Alpha Jiyong broke to her with being his mate. Until the next update...