Eleven

The Broken

Minzy sat quietly staring at herself in the mirror. The team ushered themselves into the room, cutting her conversation with Commander Taeyang short. Now she sat dressed in an off white dress that hugged all the right curves. The glitter spray felt a bit over board as it was sprayed down her face to her neck and down her arms. And all her curls were pinned up to form a sophisticated yet elegant hair do. She looked pure and angelic as she thanked everyone for their hard work.

Her eyes were back to normal due to the lycan quick recovery, but she wished she could feel back to normal or somewhat close to it. Though she looked pure and angelic she didn't feel it. Shaking the thoughts, she made her way out of the dressing room and walked out into the halls where she was greeted with mixed emotions and facial expressions.

Some smiled, grinned, and even said hello while others held neutral or displeased looks. She couldn't blame them though, even if she was just initiated her abrupt leave was rude and disrespectful. Now walking through the sea of people, she took courage as Commander Taeyang came to her side. Extending his arm out to her, she took it and allowed him to show her around. 

As interesting and exciting as it was to meet the various people she had lost track of she was starting to get tired. She hadn't been to a social gathering in so long and it started to show as her answers became simple grins and nods. Though she was initially supposed to be following Beta Seunghyun around, he seemed to have disappeared along with Alpha Jiyong.

Biting the corner of her lip at the thought of the man who had made her cry, she didn't know how to feel and figured it best to keep it that way while she was out and about in society. Grateful as the Commander Taeyang had offered her a seat at an empty table, he told her that he'd go and grab them drinks. Taking a seat, she smiled as a little girl pranced over and bowed, "Do you like my dress?" 

Minzy smiled as she ooed and awed as the girl twirled to show her sparkly princess dress, "It's beautiful like you." 

"Do you think I can be a princess like you one day," the little asked. 

"What makes you think I'm a princess," Minzy giggled. 

The little girl shrugged as she swayed from one foot to the other, "The way that everyone looks at you."

Minzy followed the little girl's gaze and noticed that she was indeed the focus of everyone's attention. But it was the gaze of Alpha Jiyong who had pulled her attention as he stared at her from afar. He had told her she was his mate and she had left. His gaze became too strong as she gazed down to the little girl who took her hand. Smiling down at the little girl she gave her hand a light squeeze, "Believe me, I'm far from a princess." 

"Jennie," a woman called and the little girl's eyes widened.

"I have to go. Nice to meet you princess," the little girl smiled as she rushed towards her mother. 

Minzy smiled as she watched the little girl and waved. "May I have the honors of a dance with you," a voice boomed. Her gaze shifted to see Alpha Jiyong standing before her with his hand extended. Fully aware of everyone's gazes on her, she knew she had to make up for her actions from earlier. Accepting his hand, she was led to the middle of the dance floor. Standing before him, she gave him a curtsy as he too bowed and the orchestra started to play the Lunar Moon waltz. Moving to place her hand onto his chest and the other in his hand while he took her by the hip, he guided her across the dance floor effortlessly. It had been far too long since she had last danced. The last person to have her waltzing across the dance floor was now on the other side. He was supposed to be the one to sweep her off her feet into their happily ever after. But instead it ended and now she was here all alone. The enchanting music was a reminder that her life wasn't a fairy tale, but a series of unfortunate events. "We need to talk when we get home," he said in a low voice for only her to hear. He was frustrated that she had shut off her mindlink. 

"I'd rather not," she said keeping her eyes looking everywhere else but his. Relieved that the song ended, she moved away to create some distance before she bowed and walked away. Grinning to see Commander Taeyang who held a drink out for her, she gladly accepted it before allowing him to introduce her to more people within the community. 

"Commander Taeyang can we speak to you in private about a situation we have," an older man asked with concern in his voice. 

Though Commander Taeyang wanted to show Minzy around, he found himself also putting out small fires. "It's fine. Go ahead," Minzy smiled. 

"Thank you. I'll be right back," Commander Taeyang said as he followed the man to discuss the issues he had. 

Minzy accepted a wine glass as she settled into a corner to over look the crowd. She was grateful to be blending in or so she thought when the woman next to her spoke up. "It must be nice to be connected to the three most powerful men in our community," Dara scoffed as she drank from her cup. 

"Excuse me," Minzy said as she gazed over to the crazed woman who had chased her and had also spoken out against her earlier. 

"I don't like you," Dara spoke bluntly. "What makes you so special?"

Minzy thought on the woman's words, "I'm not special and I don't know you enough to say whether or not I like you." 

Dara hummed, impressed by her honesty, "So what, why are you here?" 

"Did you not hear anything during my initiation or were you just blinded by your hate for me to hear that I took the place for my ex-mate to return home," Minzy snapped feeling frustrated by this Dara woman. "I am a full pledged member now of the community. Your questioning should have taken place at the initiation, but you bowed out. So don't try and to come at me side ways now because I have the right to be here now just as much as you." 

The fire burning in Minzy's eyes was very intriguing to Dara, "I understand." 

"If you understand then please excuse me," Minzy forced a nod as she was up on her feet to take her leave. 

"Minzy is everything alright," Beta Seunghyun asked after seeing Minzy storm away from Dara. Giving Dara a stern look, he chased after her, "If you would like to leave we can."

"It's fine. I'm fine," she waved him off. "I do want to leave, but when Commander Taeyang is ready." 

"What do you mean by that," Beta Seunghyun frowned as they walked outside. 

She shrugged as she folded her arms over her chest, "I'm going home with Commander Taeyang. He is my family after all." 

"And what of Alpha Jiyong," he countered. 

She pivoted on one foot to look up at Beta Seunghyun, "What about him?!" She shook her head frowning, "He's mistaken and confused. He doesn't want it and neither do I so it is probably for the best that I stay with Commander Taeyang so Alpha Jiyong can figure his out." 

"What do you mean he doesn't want it? Why would he tell you then," Beta Seunghyun asked trying to sort it all out. He had not been able to talk with Alpha Jiyong alone since coming to the Lunar Ball, especially since he was being bombarded by the threats at the borders of the packlands. 

"It doesn't matter Beta Seunghyun, thanks for checking on me. I'll be fine," she grinned as she walked away. Pulling her heels off, she wandered off alone down the sidewalk and away from the activities. Now as a member she no longer had to fear being attacked or questioned as she neared the woods. Clutching her heels in one hand, she pulled her dress up as she walked into the grove of trees. Finding a bench, she took a seat and sighed heavily. She was relieved to be out in nature and away from the throngs of people. 

The sound of approaching footsteps had her quietly sitting and hoping the person would only pass and leave her be. But to her surprise it was Alpha Jiyong who came to stand before her, "We need to talk." 

"What is there to talk about? The fact that you're mistaken or the fact that you're mistaken and also an for making me feel inadequate," she snapped. 

"I am not mistaken, you are my mate," he said firmly. 

She was up on her feet glaring at him, "Do you even know what that means?! That is a loaded word. I already told you that I have no mate." 

"Minzy," he growled, having both him and his wolf offended. But his wolf reminded him that his pride was not as important as her. "I...I'm sorry," his features softened. "I know that you are suffering from losing your last mate, but I lost my Luna as well. My feelings are torn between my heart and my natural instincts." The fury faultered in her as well as her thoughts led back to Youngbae. How could she be mad at Alpha Jiyong when Youngbae had suffered the same fate? He had been in love with someone else but as the lycan blood would have it it had taken precedence over what they really felt. "Please understand that I am an because it is hard for me to accept what is happening to me. Not because I think you're inadequate in any shape or form. I actually think you're a very amazing woman." 

Minzy went quiet as she found herself comparing the similar fates of her last mate and this supposed one. Staring at the man whose eyes shimmered in the moon light she grinned as she walked up to him. Wrapping her arms around his torso, she hugged him and sighed, "Okay."

His wolf purred, pleased to feel her against him, "Okay?" 

Minzy gazed up with an encouraging smile, "Yes okay, I understand." Pulling away she shrugged, "I release you from any hold you may think you have on me." His words were caught in his throat as he stared at her in disbelief, "Thank you for clearing the misunderstanding. I will be heading home with Commander Taeyang and be out of your hair so that you can fully assume your responsibilities to the pack and especially to your heart." Turning to take her leave she felt lighter as she walked back to see Commander Taeyang give her a curious look. "Can we leave soon? I think I've had enough of today."

Nodding he smiled and told her he was ready to leave right then and there. Commander Taeyang lightly wrapped an arm around her as he gave a warning look to the Alpha who was walking back from a distance. Commander Taeyang sensed some kind of connection between Alpha Jiyong and Minzy, but he had yet to find out what that was. But whatever the connection, Commander Taeyang vowed that if Alpha Jiyong dared hurt Minzy he had another thing coming. Family was a higher title than Alpha in Commander Taeyang's book as he escorted her to his car so they could leave.  

 

 

Minzy was grateful for the mini tour of the house, but more so for the clothing provided so she could change out of the gown. After a nice shower of washing off all the glitter and make up, she walked out in a pair of comfy pink pajamas. "I have never picked out clothing for women so hopefully you're not offended by what I got you."

She chuckled as she ran her fingers through her damp hair and smiled, "It's perfect, thank you." It was a nice change to the daily dresses she had worn in the castle mansion. Taking a seat at the table, she gladly accepted the hot tea, "So now that I'm a member of the society am I free to roam where ever on the pack lands?" 

He nodded as he sipped on his tea, "If anyone gives you problems just let me know and I'll take care of it." 

Hearing the protectiveness in his tone was very endearing, "Alright, I just have somewhere to be tomorrow." 

"Oh really? And where would that be," he asked curiously.

"I've been working in the gardens at the Alpha's mansion. I promised Yura that I would assist her in caring for it," she explained.

"You know Yura," Commander Taeyang asked curiously. 

Minzy nodded, "Yes, she's been a dear friend while staying at the mansion." 

"Interesting," he said wondering what that entailed. "Well I'll be heading over to the mansion for a meeting tomorrow. I can take you then." 

"Perfect," Minzy said appreciating his willingness to help her out. 

 

 

Minzy leaned her head upon the cool window as they drove out of the city and towards the mansion, "I know this may be hard for you, but I honestly do want to care for you as a sister. It is the least I can do for how much you've honored my brother." He went quiet, as he wondered if it was appropriate to push the envelope further. "As we come to get to know each other better I hope that you'll be able to one day feel comfortable to talk about my brother. What was he like? What did he do with his life?...but all in due time of course."  

She closed her eyes as she thought on his questions of Youngbae, "You never knew him?" 

"No, we were separated at birth and I was only able to attend his funeral where I met with my brother Alpha Daesung briefly. He had many things to attend to and I didn't get a chance to really talk with him," Minzy could hear the disappointment in his voice. 

"What of your mother," Minzy took the opportunity to ask, noticing that he had been clearly living alone. 

"She passed away a couple years ago," he sadly spoke. "She was the only family I had here, but now I have you," he smiled over at her. 

"I see," she replied as they pulled up to the mansion. "We can talk about both of your brothers tonight if you wish." 

"Really," he smiled brightly.

Matching his contagious smile, she nodded, "Yes really." 

"Wait," he hopped out of the car and raced around to open the door for her. Holding his hand out, she gladly accepted. "I will come and help you in the gardens so that we may leave together," he said as they walked up the steps and entered the mansion. Agreeing, she waved to him as she walked the opposite way. 

Turning the corner, she rushed into Alpha Jiyong who caught her before she lost her balance. "Minzy what are you doing here," he looked at her in disbelief and awe at her sudden appearance. 

Pulling away, she shrugged, "Sorry to disturb you. I know you probably have a meeting to get to." 

"You could never disturb me," he mumbled as he gazed upon her drinking in her appearance as she had consumed his thoughts since she had left him last night. 

The silence that insued after his words was thick, causing Minzy to shift from one foot to the other, "Well...I guess I better be on my way. I don't want to take up any more of your precious time." 

"You can take all the time you need," he softly spoke. "Good to see you," his wolf whined wanting him to stay in her presence a little while longer, but as she had told him he was released from their bond. A bond that he was unsure he fully understood himself and planned to talk through with Beta Seunghyun later on that day. 

Walking away from Alpha Jiyong Minzy had no idea why she felt all gittery. Shaking the thought of it being the result of their conversation from last night, she made her way out to the gardens. Grinning as she saw Yura pulling weeds. "Good morning!" 

"Minzy dear what are you doing here," Yura smiled up at her. 

"I've come to work," Minzy chuckled as she bent down and pulled gloves from the bucket. "Are we pulling weeds today?" 

"Yes dear, pulling weeds help keep our beautiful bushes maintained and builds character," Yura smiled. 

"Alright," Minzy grinned at the older woman's way of weasling in some kind of life lessons to her gardening. 

 

 

Minzy's bucket was nearly filled as Commander Taeyang came wandering into the gardens. Grinning as he saw her hard at work, he rolled up his sleeves and walked up to her, "Building character are we?" 

Minzy laughed as nodded, "Yes we are." 

"Commander Taeyang knows very well what building character means," Yura called over her shoulder causing him to laugh loudly. 

"Yes ma'am, I spent many days building character," he shook his head being roped into pulling weeds in the past. 

Minzy smiled as she filled her bucket, "I guess I need to start catching up." Lifting her now heavy bucket she asked Yura where she could dump it. 

"I can do that," Commander Taeyang said up on his feet rushing to her aid.

But she shook her head and smiled, "I'm fine, please help Yura finish filling her bucket and then you can take that one." 

"There are cans right out the gardens and around the corner of the mansion," Yura called out to her as Commander Taeyang walked over to assist her. 

Taking the heavy bucket, she breathed an okay as she made her way out of the garden. Walking around the corner, she spotted the cans and let the bucket hit the ground with a thud before she reached to lift the lid to the can. Before she could reach for the bucket, it was easily being lifted and dumped by Alpha Jiyong. "Thanks," she grinned as he closed the lid and held the bucket. 

"I see that Yura has you building character today," he gave her a crooked smile.

Her grin spread to a smile as she nodded, "Yes we are." Turning to head back to the gardens, she didn't refuse his company as he walked her back with the bucket in hand. 

"I didn't know that you knew her," Alpha Jiyong said feeling a little sadened that he wasn't the reason she had returned. 

"She's been like a mother figure to me since coming here," Minzy admitted as she smiled seeing Yura and Commander Taeyang high fiving. 

Alpha Jiyong couldn't help but feel a tug at his heart by her words, "She's a great woman. She's like a mother to me too." Inhaling the soft flowery scent, he closed his eyes and embraced it as it caused a heavy weight on his heart. It had been so long since he had last been in the garden. 

"Alpha Jiyong darling, good to see you," Yura said as Commander Taeyang picked up the bucket and walked along side her.

His mood seemed to shift at the appearance of Alpha Jiyong before looking over to Minzy, "We've finished building character for the day." 

Minzy turned to take the bucket from the Alpha's grasp before gazing over to Yura, "Are we done for the day?" 

"Yes dear, I'll see you tomorrow," Yura asked to which Minzy smiled and nodded. "Alpha Jiyong will you be a dear and me home?" Minzy noticed how he stiffened as if he knew what was coming. Gazing up at him, she saw his eyes fall upon her momentarily as if considering to otherwise and moving towards Yura. Minzy stood quietly as Alpha Jiyong and Commander Taeyang gave hard looks to one another before Alpha Jiyong extended his arm out to Yura. When Minzy and Commander Taeyang put away the items, she bid farewell to Yura and smiled at Alpha Jiyong before turning to follow the Commander out. 

Hopping into the car, she sighed being off of her feet, "Today was fun." 

"Yeah," Commander Taeyang mumbled as he drove off. 

Minzy could tell that he was frustrated, but she didn't know why, "What's wrong?" 

"Alpha Jiyong denied my request for us to visit Youngbae's grave," he sighed deeply. 

Frowning, Minzy felt a little sad but she felt more so for Commander Taeyang. Being denied to see family was a feeling she knew all too well. "Don't worry, we'll figure something out," she encouraged him. "Just think of it as a character building moment," she grinned.

"A very annoying character building moment for sure," he said feeling a little better with Minzy's positivity. Alpha Jiyong was a stubborn man and it was hard to change his mind, but maybe with two minds together they could come up with a plan Commander Taeyang thought with a hopeful grin. 

 

 

Author's Note:

Hey hey, so sorry for not updating. I went on vacation n picked up extra shifts at work. I'll be posting another update soon. Thanks for your patience!