31.

The Broken

Minzy heard the soft whispering of voices around her. They talked about how they were running out of sedations to hold her unconscious. But little did they know she was already coming to. Hearing their whisperings, she heard other noises all around as her mind shaped the silver cuffs that held her bound to a metal silver table. The amount of silver and wolf bane that was in the room could knock out any lycan. It was impressive to say the least as the door to the lab opened to allow a brief moment of fresh air. It was all she needed to wake the rest of her senses as her mind mentally mapped out the lab that held her captive. "Tell Commander Psy that we need the sedations now! Her heart rate is starting to rise," a woman ordered. 

"On it," someone answered rushing towards the exit. 

Grinning to herself, Minzy took the opportunity to inhale deeply as the next moment of clear air swept into the room. Opening her eyes, she narrowed her eyes on the woman who was very familiar to her. Growling at the scientist who jumped back, Minzy howled as she summoned what strength she could to break free from the cuffs. First yanking her arms free, she was able to clutch the nearest person's throat to use as a shield as she kicked out of the cuffs that bound her ankles. Standing in the , she held the person before her as a hostage and narrowed her eyes on the familiar woman, "Why are you doing this?!" 

"You don't understand," the woman held her hands up. "Please..." 

"Where is Alpha Jay," Minzy snapped. 

"You had ruined all my life's work. I couldn't let him do that to me too," the woman said through teary eyes. 

"Where is he," Minzy roared as red lights began to flash alerting everyone of what was happening. 

"He's gone," the woman gasped as the words were forced out of her. Falling to her knees, she threw up and began to cry, "This wasn't supposed to happen." 

Minzy had heard enough as she shifted into her wolf form and destroyed the room with everyone in it. Tearing out the heart of the woman who she had once saved, she broke through the doors and destroyed everything and everyone in her path. Wrecking havoc, she had the place sparking fires and explosions as she painted the makeshift facility red with blood. Not finding this Commander Psy, she had rushed out of the base and watched as it completely went up in flames and exploded. Pouncing on the soldiers that tried to attack her, she killed them with ease. Spitting the last soldier's blood from and closing her eyes to listen. Blocking out the flickering flames and explosions that continue to set off, she heard soft struggles of breathing. Staring at the base, she narrowed her gaze and waited until there was silence. When there was no sound of another person alive she felt the haze that still clouded over her mind. Shaking the thought, she moved away from the base and set for her journey back to report back to Beta Mir. 

As Minzy neared the gates, she picked up her speed. Not understanding what the rush was, she broke through the entrance to find Alpha Jiyong standing along side Alpha Bi Rain and Beta Mir. Seeing Alpha Jiyong almost made her burst into tears as she came to a sliding stop. "Alpha Jiyong...what are you doing here," she heavied trying to catch her breath. She recieved her answer as he rushed towards her. She was suddenly scooped into his arms and held tightly against him. His strong embrace helped wash what fog that held her mind captive. Inhaling his fresh fallen rain scent had her falling into his embrace even more. It was the reward that she hadn't realized she needed as she shivered and subconsciously shifted back into her human form. Feeling how protective he was of her as he gently carried her into the mansion, the maids busied around them as Alpha Jiyong continue to hold her as he hopped into the warm, inviting bath with her. Shivering into his hold, he gave her a secure squeeze and wordlessly told her how good of a job she had done. 

 

Minzy stood staring out her window as she was left alone for the very first time. Alpha Jiyong had helped her bathe and carried her back to her room. He seemed hesitant to leave when she had to get dressed, but relutently he had left to talk things over with Alpha Bi Rain. She didn't know what things they had to discuss, but she was grateful it allowed her time to think. To think of how wreckless she was to let him sweep her off her feet. To fall helpless and weak to his strong and protective touch. "Come in," she called over her shoulder hearing Beta Mir approach her door. 

Beta Mir entered and bowed even though she stayed looking out the window, "I'm grateful the Gods' grace was upon you." 

"Beta Mir I told you in the confidence of the current circumstances of what to do if I didn't return..." 

"I didn't tell Alpha Jiyong anything. He showed up on his own accord late last night," he huffed. "It was like he knew there was something wrong as he came in ready to wreck havoc when he demanded your presence and we told him that you had gone to meet the humans two days ago." 

Minzy found it interesting that she had been out for two days. She wondered what the humans had done to her while she was unconscious, "Did you guys follow the fires? That's where their base was." 

"Yes we did. Sadly it was like a burnt up ghost area. It was evacuated and it seems like the rest have disappeared into thin air," Beta Mir said with a frown. 

"Commander Psy is the man that leads them. We need to find information on this guy," she said turning to look at him. 

Beta Mir grinned as he nodded, "Thank you, we will look into this." 

"Yes, we will," she emphasized the we so he understood the importance of her finding this man. "He has claw marks across his face. I was able to strike him." 

"My Queen we will surely look into this. Thank you for your bravery," Beta Mir bowed as Alpha Bi Rain and Alpha Jiyong came walking towards her room. 

She nodded as she turned away, "I need to get to the bottom of this." Her senses heightened as the doors opened and the other men walked in. 

"Queen of the dessert lycans, Healer of men on the brink of death and savior of our pack," Alpha Bi Rain called out to her. 

Turning to face the man that was throwing out meaningless titles, she was struck by the starry eyes that were focused on her. It was like Alpha Jiyong's eyes were a black hole that she was being into. Tearing her gaze away from the bewitching starry eyes, she turned to scold Alpha Bi Rain. "I'm no savior. Your lives were threatened and as a fellow lycan it's my responsibility to extend a hand. By doing so this is preventing potential wars that could ignite if your people were chased off these lands. Don't be mistaken that what I did was also for my own gain." 

Alpha Bi Rain bowed deeply, "Even more so that you are a savior. You saved us lycans from internal warefare." Rising to meet her gaze he grinned, "You will forever be welcomed and an honorary member of our pack." 

Minzy bowed in thanks, "I would like to revisit after your pack as rebuilt itself." 

"I would like that," Alpha Bi Rain said. "As for now I have a plane ready for your leave." 

Raising an eyebrow at Alpha Bi Rain curiously, she grinned, "Kicking me out already?" 

"There's too many Alphas in one area. It will start causing a rift among my pack. I'm afraid that any moment Beta Mir will confess his devotion to you over me," Alpha Bi Rain chuckled. 

Minzy chuckled as she glanced over to Beta Mir who went a beet red causing her to reach out and place a comforting hand on his arm, "I would gladly accept your devotion." 

"Don't tempt him. He just might take the offer," Alpha Bi Rain gave a hearty laugh as Beta Mir continue to stand with a blush of embarassment. "Thank you my Queen for your heroic actions. Now it is best to get you both on your way so that I can get to rebuilding the packlands I promised to show you." 

She couldn't understand what the rush was, but she nodded as she followed Alpha Bi Rain and Alpha Jiyong out. Smiling as Beta Mir flanked her side, she winked at him to have him mimick her. When they neared the plane, Minzy grinned as she faced Beta Mir, "Beta Mir you are a strong and respectable lycan. If ever you seek change I would accept your devotion in the dessert lands." She heard Alpha Bi Rain scoff making her giggle, "But I wish you well. Get some needed rest. You need recovery as much as the packlands do." 

"Understood my Queen," he smiled sincerely. "It was my honor and pleasure to have such a brave and confident lycan in our midst. Be well in your journey home." 

"Thank you," she said as she nodded to Alpha Bi Rain. "Take care of my devoted Beta here." 

"I will," Alpha Bi Rain bowed deeply as Minzy turned to make her way onto the plane. Smiling to herself she had forgotten that Alpha Jiyong was there as she looked to see him giving her an expectant look. It was a look as if he was going to scold her. She couldn't understand why she felt like a scared child reporting to the principle's office as she slid in her seat diverting his hard gaze. Turning to the window, she looked to see both Alpha Bi Rain and Beta Mir standing to see them off. Waving at the two, she got a sense of relief as the plane began to move. Settling back into her seat Alpha Jiyong sat with his gaze still fixated on her. "What," she softly breathed not being able to take the scrutiny any longer. 

"You almost died," he seethed with anger. 

"Why did you come," she avoided his statement. She honestly didn't feel or see herself 'almost dying' as he said. But then again it probably happened when she was unconscious. As she thought about it it was actually kind of interesting because she had not dreamt or had visions like her past verge of death moments. It was just black. Darkness and nothing. Taking in the experience for the first time, it was weird. As she processed it, in a weird way she knew she couldn't have almost died. The Gods weren't ready to recieve her just yet she had come to the conclusion of all this. 

She watched as he gripped tightly to the arm rests of his luxurious seat, "I felt that something was wrong." 

"Ignoring your mark feelings will do you good. As you learn to ignore them it will help the mark fade quicker..." 

She was cut off as he slammed his fist down onto the arm rest, " making the mark fade! I don't care about the mark! I care about you! You almost died and you brush it off with telling me to ignore it like it's nothing. You don't realize that there are people in this world that care for your well being. I care." His voice softened as he sighed, "Minzy please I'm grateful for this mark because it helps me know if you're okay." 

Minzy was in awe by his words. He had said that he cared. He had said that he was one of the people that worried for her leaving this life. But why? Why would he worry for her she asked herself. Automatically her gaze went to his chest. His mark. "Sometimes the mark is so potent that it makes you feel and see things that aren't necessarily from you..." 

"Stop lecturing me like I'm a new lycan," he huffed. "I already know." 

"You already know but yet you're still here," she snapped back. "You're here even after we agreed to not see each other until your mark fades. It would've been better if I did die so we wouldn't be having this conversation and you could really see that you don't care for me." 

In a blink of an eye she was being craned as far back as she could go in her seat with Alpha Jiyong hovering over her with intensity. His features seemed to be so defined and chisled to perfection up close. But it was his trained eyes that was gazing in her very own that took her breath away. His eyes were full ablaze as if stars were exploding in the galaxy that are his eyes. "Let's make one thing clear, don't make your insecurities my reality. Even when my mark fades I will always want you because I care about you deeply." Staying still as he bit the corner of his lip, she felt her heart thudding like crazy as if it was pounding in her ears as she was completely aware of their compromising situation. Seeing how he closed his eyes and inhaled deeply as if trying to control himself, he softly whispered against her lips, "I will always want you." Opening his starry eyes to take her in, he then slowly moved away to reclaim his seat. Huffing as he settled in his seat, he shook his head and looked away as Minzy stayed taking in what had happened. 

 

Minzy slowly awoke when the pilot announced that they would be landing shortly. As she opened her eyes, she was met with starry eyes that stared intently at her. Sighing as she held back on any small talk, she sat up and stretched as she gazed out the window. It was dark out and the moon was high. She grinned to herself thinking of how nice it was going to be walking back towards the dessert planes. She even fancied the thought of staying in her human form for a little while. "What are you thinking about that has you grinning over there," Alpha Jiyong asked with sarcasm. 

Ignoring his tone, she truthfully answered, "Nothing really. It's nice out tonight." 

"Sure," he grumbled, but she didn't let his mood damper hers. When the private plane touched down, Minzy was grateful to be up and out. Thanking the pilot, Minzy looked at Alpha Jiyong who stood with an expectant look. What was he wanting to hear? She was unsure as she nodded to him and turned to walk in the direction of the dessert planes. "Where are you going," he called after her. "I flew across the world to get a nod," he scoffed. 

She stopped to look over her shoulder, " What, did you expect a kiss?" 

"It's a start," he shrugged. 

As much as she wanted to , she knew better not to. He was asking for an intimate moment, but she couldn't. Though she may want it, maybe he was just wanting it because of the mark. A thought popped into her mind as she turned to fully face him. "Fine." 

"Fine what," he asked trying to gauge what she was saying. 

She extended her arms out as if offering herself up, "Fine, I'll give you a kiss." 

His eyes darkened as they narrowed on her, "Don't be cruel." 

"I'm not," she replied. "If you want a kiss I will give you one," she said seriously. In an instant he was before her, towering over her as if challenging what she was saying. But she didn't move as she stood her ground looking up at him. Alpha Jiyong swiftly wrapped his arm around her slender waist and pulled her flesh with him to push things further. Raising an eye brow as if to wordlessly give her one last chance to opt out, she instead pressed her hand against his chest where his mark lay. It was the jolt of approval he needed to descend down towards her. His shift movements had her closing her eyes to embrace the impact. Surprised by the way he buried his face into the crook of her neck to get a whiff of her scent. Her scent that let him know she was his. Even though she was being so stubborn about saying it, her smell made his fangs elongate as he inhaled and let his nose ghost up her jawline to where those plump rosey lips sat as if awaiting for him to take claim on them. Wrapped up in having her in his arms and her scent consuming him, he found it hard to concentrate. This was something he had waited for what felt like an eternity for as he brought a hand up to cup her face. Seeing those lavender mysterious eyes awaiting his next move as his thumb ghosted over her bottom lip which made his tongue flicker over his lips. Crashing his lips against her now parted lips, he kissed her hard. Working his lips against her soft ones so smoothly it was like they were meant for his. The feel of her lips against his own brought him to life. It was like an eternal flame was burning deep within his core as his tongue slipped out and flickered over hers as he continue to kiss her intoxicating lips. His heart felt ready to burst out of his chest as world was finally made right. Smiling into the kiss, he reluctantly pecked her lips for a lingering last feel. Pulling away with a stupid smile on his face, it took him a moment to come back down to earth. Meanwhile Minzy bit the corner of her lip as she sadly smiled, "Alpha Jiyong..." 

"Hmm.." he looked at her for the first time and felt confused as to why she had a look of sadness on her face. 

"You're right. I'm cruel and so is life," she said. "How do you feel?" 

"I feel great," he coughed a laugh, unsure of what she was asking until the feelings of guilt entered in his mind. Suddenly he was comparing his first kiss with Minzy to his first kiss with Chaerin. Doubt and confusion clouded his mind and the uncertainty had him ripping his shirt off to see that his chest was healed. "What did you do," he growled in disbelief. 

"Letting you feel your real feelings and thoughts," she said knowingly. "Now that the mark is gone you won't have anything tying you down..." Alpha Jiyong growled as he shifted into his wolf form before rushing off. Her heart ached as she sadly did the next best thing in this situation, walk away.