44.

The Broken

Minzy told Bom of how Beta Teddy had sought her out and how she came to saving her, "Honestly I was relieved when I saw that you weren't dead." 

"It felt like a bad dream that I had no control over," Bom shivered at the thought. "I didn't think I'd ever escape from that hell hole." 

Minzy slung her arm over Bom's shoulder and smiled, "But we did." Nearing the city, Minzy felt her heart rate start to pick up. "Now let's go and find our girl shall we?" 

Bom leaned into Minzy's embrace and looked at her through teary eyes, "Lets..." 

Walking into the ruins of the city, the three looked around as Minzy called out to Jennie, "Jennie where are you?" 

Finding herself at the steps of the mansion, Jennie peeked out and gawked in disbelief, "Mom?!" 

Bom stopped and held her arms out, "Jennie?!"

"Mom," Jennie cried as she rushed into her mother's arms. Nearly knocking Bom over, she was scooped up and twirled around as the both of them cried. "Mom," Jennie kept crying in disbelief. Minzy felt her heart swell in her chest at such a sweet reunion. "I knew it! I knew you could bring her back to me," Jennie cried into her mother's chest. "Didn't I tell you Teddy?" 

"You did little one, yes you did," he grinned. "I think this calls for a celebration," he offered. Turning to the lycans that were watching from a distance, "Our Queen has returned and protected us from the evil humans who sought to destroy us!" 

"It's true, she freed me from them," Bom said to them. 

"If we should celebrate, let us celebrate on the Gods smiling down on us and relieving us from destruction," Minzy spoke up. The lycans looked about each other before roaring with excitement. 

"Celebrate," the crowd said as Minzy smiled to Jennie who came rushing into her arms. 

 

In the next coming days, Minzy instructed Beta Teddy to start rebuilding the city. Walking among the people healing many as well as helping those who wanted to pass on do so. Grinning as she would return at the end of the day to see what delicious home cooked meal Bom and Jennie had made for them. This became the routine as she was ending her day to feel a foreign presence in the mansion. Entering cautiously, Minzy softened when she saw Beta Mir standing with a big smile on his face. Rushing over to him, she embraced him tightly as Alpha Bi Rain laughed. "My dear Queen," Beta Mir breathed. 

Moving back, she cupped his face in her hands and matched his dazzling smile, "Beta Mir is this real?" 

He laughed as he nodded, "Yes this is real." 

"I finally killed him," she breathed. "I...I got the man that hurt you." 

He sighed deeply, "You've saved me twice and yet I have nothing to show. I couldn't get the man who hurt you." 

She shook her head as she hugged him again, "You've done more than enough for me." 

"Have I? Should I go back and retrieve that Alpha's heart for you," Beta Mir frowned half joking.

"No, go home and take care of your responsibilities to your pack you have been neglecting," Minzy eyed him. "I know there is much for you to do." 

He groaned as Alpha Bi Rain laughed, "She's right, let's go home now. Unless you want to be a bold man and ask her to marry you." 

Beta Mir glared at his Alpha, "I'm beneath her." 

Minzy turned his chin to look at him, "Don't you ever say that and if anyone tells you that they will have to answer to me. Do you hear me?"

He smiled as he held her once more, "Let me know when you change your mind and I will rip his heart out for you. Goodbye my Queen." Bowing deeply, both Alpha Bi Rain and Beta Mir took their leave. 

 

In the weeks that followed, Minzy greeted the various leaders that came to pay her respect before heading back to their own respective pack lands. Gratefully that they would even think they had to come and see her, she embraced Beta Amber and wished her well on her venture back home. Standing as she watched Beta Amber and her group leave, she gazed about the city that was coming back to life. Grinning, she watched Jennie rush over to jump into her arms. "What's up?" 

"Is this going to be our new home," Jennie asked as Minzy walked them back to the mansion. 

Minzy shrugged as she placed Jennie back down, "If you want it to be, this can be your home." 

"Yay," Jennie clapped her hands. "We should probably go back and get our stuff to move here." 

"Go back where," Minzy eyed her suspiciously. 

Placing her hands on her hips like a grown up ready to scold a child, she eyed Minzy, "To our home on the Crimson Crawler packland, where else?" 

"It's basically destroyed, I don't see a point in returning," Minzy tried to say. 

"Don't be silly Minzy I left something there that is really important to me," Jennie pouted. 

"And what would that be, didn't I bring your mom back," she offered, but recieved a scolding look. "Fine," Minzy breathed as she held her hands up. "Fine we can go tomorrow." 

"Perfect," Jennie smiled as she skipped away.

"She's brutal," Beta Teddy said as he walked up to her. 

"Tell me about it," Minzy huffed. "Will you take her back? I don't want to have Bom travel such a far distance, she's still recovering." 

He shook his head and grinned, "She asked you, not me. Besides, you can roam those lands freely while I can't." 

Groaning, she knew his words rang true, "Wow aren't I just so lucky." 

 

The journey to the Crimson Crawler packlands went by like a breeze. Carrying Jennie on her back, she had shifted into her wolf and ran the entire way. Seeing the abandoned tanks and barbed baracades still up, she carefully manuvered her way onto the pack lands. Running into the city, she found their house and was stunned to see flowers and candles adorning the front lawn. Slowing her pace, Jennie hopped off her back and reached for one flower. Smelling the white rose, she gazed about and Minzy did the same as lycans stared at them. "What is this," Minzy asked out loud. 

"You saved us," Mino spoke up. "You saved us even though we had let you down." 

"I've let down plenty of people in my life. I take no offense, if I were in your shoes I too would've done what I could to protect my own," Minzy brushed it off. 

"Then will you forgive us for our trepasses," Beta Seunghyun spoke up holding a white rose in his hand. "Will you forgive those of us who should have been a better friend to you?" 

"Will you forgive the misunderstandings," Commander Dara added as she too stepped up with a white rose in hand. 

She sighed as she stood staring at the two that stuck out of the crowd, "You all have suffered enough. Please don't feel indebted to me. Go about your own ways and live. I will do the same." 

Turning back to the house, she surprised by the man who stood on her door step with a bouquet of flowers. "What do you want?! You have some nerve showing up here," Jennie grumbled. 

Alpha Jiyong walked down the steps and frowned as he knelt before her, "I brought you a peace offering." Extending the large bouquet of flowers, he placed them in her arms. "I let you down Jennie and I am so sorry that I did," he softly spoke. "Will you forgive me," he begged. 

Jennie's lip quivered as she nodded and rushed into Alpha Jiyong's arms, "Yeah mommy told me what you did for her. You protected her the best you could." Curious about what Jennie was talking about, Minzy stayed quiet as she let the two share their intimate interaction. "Thank you Alpha Jiyong." 

Minzy envied Jennie, if only she could so easily forgive and forget. But her heart and her memories stayed in the forefront of her mind. Moving around the pair, she made her way up the steps. "Minzy," Alpha Jiyong called out to her. 

She stilled for a moment, before she continue to make her way into the house. Not looking back, she made her way into her room. Locking the door behind her, she shifted back to her human form and made her way into the shower. Allowing the cool water to cascade down her body, she sat huddled in the corner. Sighing deeply she didn't know what to do. How could she face him knowing she had so cruely killed the woman that Alpha Jiyong loved? Shaking her head, she let her head fall back onto the cool tile not knowing why history was repeating itself all over again. Fighting the tears, she couldn't understand why the Gods chose her to be immortal when she was such a monster. 

 

After taking a well needed shower, she slipped into her bed. Settling in her covers, she hoped that Jennie wouldn't mind her taking a little nap after traveling for so long. It was the excuse she used to avoid everyone, especially the man she knew who was probably still spending time with Jennie.  

 

Minzy awoke to the delicious aroma that wafted into her room. Grinning at the smell that had her stomach grumbling, she sleepily made her way down the stairs and into the kitchen where it was coming from. "Good morning sleeping beauty," Beta Seunghyun smiled as Commander Dara continue to help Jennie finish up the cooking. 

Wiping the sleep from her eyes, Minzy looked at Beta Seunghyun and Commander Dara in confusion, "What's going on here?" 

"We're about to have dinner. Will you help Alpha Jiyong set the table," Jennie called over her shoulder. 

Minzy stiffened at the mention of his name, before she turned to see him already doing what Jennie had asked. Quietly making her way to the table, Minzy noticed that he had put out the silverware yet and retreated to the kitchen to grab the utensils. Placing the said items next to the plates that he had put out, she tried to retreat back into the kitchen to have Jennie waving her to move back so that the dish could be brought out by Beta Seunghyun and Commander Dara. Moving out of the way, Minzy watched the four of them take a seat before looking over at her expectedly. But she waved and shook her head, "I'm fine." 

"Minzy don't be silly and sit down. They came to see you, not me," Jennie rolled her eyes. "Go on, sit by Alpha Jiyong," she nodded as if it were nothing. Rolling her eyes, Minzy quietly moved to the table and took the unoccupied seat. "Great," Jennie clapped her hands together. "Thank you all for being here, now let's dig in." As the group started to serve themselves, Minzy sat quietly feeling anxious to leave. 

"Are you not hungry," Beta Seunghyun asked. 

"She's hungry, she's just uncomfortable," Jennie spoke up bluntly calling it like it is. 

"Jennie," Minzy said through gritted teeth. 

Jennie jumped, never hearing any backlash from Minzy before, "What? We're all uncomfortable, but food is the easiest way to get through it." 

Sighing, Minzy excused herself without a word to the group. Walking towards the living room, she froze as Alpha Jiyong came into view. "Where are you going?" 

Tearing her gaze away from his starry eyes, she looked anywhere and everywhere but at him, "I...just need some fresh air." 

"You think you're going to get fresh air with our pack gathering in the front of your house by the minute," he asked. 

"What," she breathed as she moved past him and looked through her blinds to see that what he had said was true. There were more and more people gathering in front of her house placing flowers and candles all around her front lawn. "What's going on?" 

"They've come to seek forgiveness," he breathed as he looked out along side her. 

It unnerved her having him so close, which was why she abruptly moved to the furthest part of the room from him, "I've already told them there is nothing for me to forgive." 

"You say that but they sense the truth," he said as he started to move towards her again.

Holding her hand up to stay him, she shook her head, "Don't come near me." 

"I thought you said there was nothing for you to forgive," he challenged her as he continue to move towards her. 

"I said stop," she snapped as he stood in front of her. "Please," she breathed as if begging him to stop torturing her. "There is nothing to forgive because all of this is my fault. I am the monster in this ongoing nightmare."