15.

The Broken

Minzy nodded to the men that baracaded the front doors of the mansion. "Let her out," Alpha Daesung's voice boomed. Hestitantly they went about doing what they were told and before they could fully open the doors she was already moving past them. 

Taking in the scene before her she was in shock at the ruins of the mansion. The various men in trenches, tanks, all armoured baracades, you name it they had it. It was the shouting and growling that had pulled her out of her thoughts as she looked beyond and saw the battle field covered with lycans clawing and biting chunks out of each other. It made her stomach twist in knots as one lycan was ripped into shreds and the shrill horror that echoed was haunting. Why were they doing this for her? Her answer was on display in the center of it all. Alpha Jiyong she could see the silver wolf with the large black wolf who she figured was Beta Seunghyun facing off Commander Taeyang who had reddish brown fur with Beta Seungri assisting him. Both Betas kept watch of the circle to keep intruders out while Alpha Jiyong and Commander Taeyang stayed glaring and taunting one another to attack first. 

Minzy knew she wouldn't reach them in time as she concentrated. Closing her eyes, she extended her hand out and exhaled softly, "Stop." It was like a ripple wave of sound that echoed across the entire battle field and caused everyone including the main event to do what was asked. All stopped and looked into her direction as she lowered her hand and quietly made her way through the hushed crowd and out to the battle field. She could sense all their sufferings they had gone through over the months and felt guilty as she looked at the four wolves. "That is enough. The war ends now," she said firmly. Fixating her gaze onto the silver wolf, she looked into his starry eyes, "I will return willingly. Pull your men off the lands immediately." Looking over to Commander Taeyang she could still he had some fight left in him, "Let go, that's what Youngbae told me. You should heed your brother's words and take this opportunity to learn more of your living brother." Seeing Beta Seungri she knew he cared and was grateful to him for it, "Thank you for fighting for me. I promise that you won't have to worry over me anymore." Turning to take her leave, she held her head high as she walked past Beta Seunghyun, "Let's go home." 

"Minzy what are you doing," Commander Taeyang growled. "We did this all for you!" 

Stopping in her tracks she turned to look him deep in his eyes, We both know that is only partly true. The lives lost will not bring back the lives you truly seek after. She watched as Commander Taeyang stiffened before she turned to walk away. Minzy took in everything that the war had done to the lands of the Night Walker pack. The once greenary was now ruined by the trenches and military gear. There was also a thick fog from all the smoke of various bombs and explosives that had filled the air. But it was the men and women that had her pulled in every which direction. Kneeling next to the wolf who was struggling to breathe as he lay drowning in his own blood. He had a good chunk of his throat torn out as he lay whimpering and coughing up blood. Minzy looked into the wolf's eyes and noticed that they looked distant. He was at a crossroads in between either life or passing to the other side. Placing her hand onto what was left of his bloody throat she closed her eyes and stood next to the valiant soldier. 

"Where do you want to go," she softly asked to announce her presence next to him. 

The soldier bit his lip as he gazed back and forth between the two, "I'm not so sure I have a choice." 

"You always have a choice," she grinned as she was beginning to accept the words she was told so many times. 

"Then I choose to return back to my family," he breathed unsure how it would happen knowing that it was bleeding to death. 

"Then you have to fight for it," she breathed as she placed her hand onto his throat and she trembled as a wolf tore right through . She faultered at the gruesome pain and found it hard to focus through the thoughts of his little boy and wife. Feeling being exposed to the air, her blood sputtered out and she coughed up blood as she pushed through the pain. Spitting out the blood, she opened her eyes and looked down at the wolf. Removing her hand, he was healed and able to move up onto his feet again. 

Thank you

Minzy nodded as she continued to move from soldier to soldier. Some wanting to be saved and others...Let me die with honor. the soldier weakly grinned as he embraced the light leading to the other side. Minzy was moved to almost tears as she thanked him for his loyalty and brushed her hand over his eyes to close his fate in this world. Meanwhile Beta Seunghyun stood back watching Minzy. At first he had wanted to tell her that there was nothing to be done for the dying lycan who had his throat all but torn out, but when he saw that she had healed him completely he was amazed. How did she do that? But it was the ones where she had looked at them with pure love and concern as she helped them find their way to the other side. It brought a sense of reverence and humility. Not everyone wanted to be saved it seemed and it was a hard reality to accept as he nodded to the soldiers to retrieve the dead bodies. 

Minzy could feel the sadness of Alpha Jiyong. Gazing into the direction of where it was coming from, she looked to see him staring down at another wolf. She walked over to where he stood and knelt by the wolf. She recognized the wolf instantly, it was the crazed woman that had chased her. Sleeping Beauty has finally awoken Dara said sarcastically at her impecable timing. Just in time to see me die.

Is that what you want, Minzy asked being able to somehow keep their conversation private. 

I wanted a lot of things and dying like this is not one of them. 

Then will you let me heal you?

You? Heal me? And how would you do that?

Minzy took the woman's hands and closed her eyes as she relived being stabbed multiple times, fighting through the pain as she was blind sided by another wolf who launched a brutal attack to her midsection while other wolves came to maul at her. Dara was a fighter to the end as she was able to hold her own until she had killed the final one. Falling to her knees as she gazed over to the fearless Alpha who was going to end it all. As much as she wanted to see the glorious fight her body gave way as she fell to the ground and saw the smoky skies above. Removing her hands, Minzy grinned as she stood up. Walking away Minzy smiled to herself wishing she could have half the courage Dara showed on the battle field. 

 

Minzy was exhausted as she had spent the day catering to all the soldiers, but it was the least she could do for what they had suffered through because of her. It was Beta Seunghyun who had to almost throw her into the car to get her to go in. "Minzy you've done great work. Go and rest then you can help others later," Beta Seunghyun said as he closed the door and knocked onto it for it to take off. As much as Minzy wanted to disagree, the exhaustion and absorbed pains and sufferings had taken its toll on her as she leaned her head upon the cool window. Her eyes fluttering open as she was helped out of the car and back into the mansion that was in horrible conditions like the Night Waker mansion. She was grateful of the support of the wolves that assisted her into her room and into the room she had regained her health months ago. Grinning as felt the comfort of the bed, she let the weight of the day carry her away to sleep. 

 

Minzy's eyes fluttered open as she felt the presence of another in her room. Grinning she knew he was the reason why she was able to sleep so peacefully to regain her strength, she moved to sit up. Gazing down at herself she noticed that her clothing was splotched with dried blood from all the transference or absorbtions she thought as she moved to the closet and pulled a dress and made her way into the shower. Peeling off the bloody clothing, she stepped into the shower and let the waters fall against her body. It was like a nice deep massage all over of her body as she showered off the remnants of the day before. 

Running her fingers through her damp hair, she looked at her reflection and saw that her scar and mark were still absent. Sighing as she ghosted her fingers over where they should be, she breathed the words of Youngbae, "Let it go." Turning away from her reflection, she made her way out of the bathroom to see Alpha Jiyong still fast asleep in the chair. Taking the covers off of her bed, she placed them upon him as she made her way out of the room. Nodding to the various servants, she made her way back to the gardens to see that it was there but it didn't glow about it. Frowning as she wondered what was wrong, she made her way into the garden to see Yura hard at work as ever. "Good morning," she called out to her. 

Yura was startled by her appearance and squealed in excitement as she rushed over to take her in her arms, "Minzy!" 

Minzy chuckled as she hugged Yura, "Hi Yura welcome back." 

"Welcome back? Dear I should be the one saying that! I leave you in charge to find out you had been taken away back to your old pack lands and it created a war. What do you have to say for yourself," Yura gave her a scolding look.

"I'm sad that so many lives had to be lost because of me," she sadly said. "No life is more important than another. I feel awful about it," she admitted.

Yura held her tighter, "Don't worry yourself on it dear, what is done is done. We must now pick up the pieces and move forward from here." 

"You're right, now tell me what is wrong with the gardens," Minzy said grateful for Yura's wise words. 

Yura sighed, "The waters of Nivea were poisoned as a war strategy." Minzy frowned as she walked away from Yura. "Where are you going dear?" 

"To the waters of Nivea," Minzy grinned as she followed the dirt path to the waters. Frowning as the liquid silver floated in the water, she was sad to think of all the suffering that could have been taken care of if it were not poisoned.

Stepping into the waters, Yura quickly moved to grab her. "Child what are you doing?!" 

Minzy smiled at Yura, feeling the genuine concern as she moved out of her grasp and continue to move further into the waters. Extending her arms out, she embraced all the liquid silver that flung to her like a magnet. Fully submerging into the water, she stayed still as every last drop clung to her. Swimming back out of the water she turned away from Yura as she threw out the silver liquid content on the ground. Falling to her knees as she spit up the last of it, she trembled from the amount of liquid silver that should have killed her. Exhaling deeply she looked over to the waters and grinned seeing it clear from the content that had plagued it for months. "The gardens will glow again," Minzy breathed as she stood to her feet drenched from the waters. She folded her arms over her chest as she moved to walk back to the mansion to change as Yura stood in disbelief at what she witnessed. 

Minzy stopped at the gardens as she felt drawn back into it and there stood the angelic blonde, "I see you have been embracing your gift well." 

"So the Gods have blessed me with the gifts that Nivea had? Why me," she still could not understand. 

"Minzy you have the support of many from both the other side as well as this one. You have caused a lot of ruckus and now the Gods leave it up to you to restore the balance," the blonde woman smiled softly as if encouraging Minzy to do so. 

"What must I do to restore the balance," Minzy asked as the memories of everyone's sufferings played in her mind. 

"Save both the Night Walker and Crimson Crawler packs from mass destruction," the woman instructed. 

"I have stopped them from fighting," Minzy replied. "What more must I do?" 

"Minzy this is only the beginning of the Great War to come," the woman looked at her sadly. "You are the weapon against the feared Dongwook. He is past saving and needs to be stopped at all cost." 

"How may I find him?"

"You won't have to go looking for him. He will come to find you," the angelic woman answered. 

"And then what? Am I to kill him," she asked.

"Yes, you are the only one that can kill him," she revealed. 

"I am no murderer and you blessed me with the gift to heal," Minzy tried to say. 

"You will help heal the lycan world when you demolish Dongwook," the woman said with a smile. "Now get ready he is sending his reinforcements to capture you." 

 

Minzy turned to move back to the mansion, she wasn't afraid but she had no idea how she was going to accomplish such a task from the Gods. Deep in thought, she walked back into her room where Alpha Jiyong stayed fast asleep. Grabbing a new dress, she stripped out of the one she was wearing. Shivering at the silver after taste, she moved to brush her teeth and rinse out. Spitting out the content, she was not surprised as the door flung open. Full blown eyes, Minzy looked at how bewlidered Alpha Jiyong looked. She didn't have time to feel embarassed to be in nothing but her underwear as she was scooped up into his arms. Being pulled flesh against him, he held her tightly like she was the most precious thing.

Lifting her effortlessly up onto the sink, he gently cupped her face and stared deep into her vibrant lavender eyes. They were so full of life and power that found him wordlessly leaning his forehead against hers before closing his eyes and letting out a sigh of relief. It had been three long and agonizing months and four days since he was physically separated from her in her unconscious form of course. He knew it was a poor decision on his part to refuse Commander Taeyang to take her back to his home, but he figured he'd save Minzy the trip of confusion when she would awake and return to him anyway. At least that was Alpha Jiyong assumed to happen as he would check on his sleeping beauty throughout the next few days. But Commander Taeyang had taken matters into his own hands when he came in the night and taken her away, not to his home but to the Night Walker pack lands. Seeing the condition of Minzy being unconscious, Alpha Daesung proclaimed that he would do right by her and stay as her valiant protector against the evil that was known Alpha Jiyong. 

Alpha Jiyong took a lot of heat not only from the Night Walker pack, but his own for causing unnecessary waves with the beloved Commander Taeyang and his family. But even so, he had to stay strong and politically take a stance to have Minzy returned. Another strike against him as the Night Walker pack did not budge to heed to his words. Calling upon his divided people, he declared a war that had lost so many lives for both packs which led to the the peak of the war. Alpha Jiyong had challenged Commander Taeyang in a dual for a winner takes all. If Alpha Jiyong won then Minzy would be returned, if not then they would kill him, keep Minzy and the Crimson Crawlers would be absorbed into the Night Walker pack. It was too irrestiable of a challenge not to accept and honestly Alpha Jiyong could not pursue the war any longer on his own selfish pursuit. But it was the woman who was the cause of his irrational mistakes that had stopped it all when she had awoken and prevented the end all challenge.

Alpha Jiyong was in awe seeing how she demanded the respect of all. She came in like a breath of fresh air as she addressed all the key leaders and reminded them of the others who were also apart of the war. As much as he longed to be next to her, her commands to focus his efforts on the Crimson Crawlers made his chest swell with pride as he did what he was told. Finding one of his most valiant soldiers on her last breath, helped him reign in the reality of the war. As the Alpha he felt heavy with guilt that he let his pride and desire of Minzy get the best of him. Ready to help her find the other side, Minzy came to Dara's aid and some how worked a miracle. A saving miracle that had both him and Dara in awe. He had no time to question her as he was pulled away to care for other pack members. Clearing the injured and dead, he was informed by Beta Seunghyun that she was safely returned back to the mansion. This only motivated him to work harder in helping his people so that he could get back to her. The feelings of relief washed over him as he found her fast asleep in the room that he had spent various nights in worrying over her in the last few months. The relief had him resting peacefully for the first time since everything all began. He had rested so well that when he awoke to find her no longer in bed he panicked, busting open her bathroom door and scooping her in his arms to hold her tightly. 

"Good morning," Minzy softly spoke up. 

Alpha Jiyong opened his eyes as he pulled away just enough to look at her beautiful face again, "You slept through an entire war and the first thing you say to me is good morning?" 

"What did you want me to say," she asked with a shrug as she felt comfort with his gentle touch. 

He chuckled as he shook his head and took in the rest of her, she was in nothing but her underwear which made him as well as his wolf excited, "I mean, good morning is the correct term for this situation." Minzy felt her cheeks burn with embarassment as she lightly pushed him away and retrieved the dress that she slipped on, "You don't have to put on clothes if you don't want to. I would prefer you with them off." 

Minzy shook her head as she walked past him back out to the room, "If you prefer your clothes off then you can go change in your own room." 

"I didn't say my clothes, I said yours," he called after her as he followed her out. "I feel like that's the least you could do for me if I'm not going to hear the words I've been dying to hear from you," he said as he stood in the way to block her from leaving the room. 

She exhaled softly as she looked up into his starry eyes, they flickered with mischief and excitement. She knew that the war had made him so forward and couldn't blame him as she reached out and placed a hand onto his cheek. Closing her eyes she searched past his mate feelings to sense his feelings for his beloved late Luna. These are your real feelings. Untouched. Unfiltered. Don't push aside your real feelings for mate feelings. You'll regret losing yourself if you do. 

Alpha Jiyong faltered with confusion as the feelings he had surpressed came burning like a bright light in his head and heart. This allowed Minzy an exit as she walked away to meet the unwelcomed guests nearing the borders. Opening the front door she was met with Beta Seunghyun and Dara. "Good, you both can come with me."

"Where are you going," Beta Seunghyun asked.

"Both," Dara scoffed as she looked the miracle woman up and down. 

Minzy nodded, "Either you take me or I go alone." 

Beta Seunghyun was curious as to why she was not with Alpha Jiyong but the determination in her eyes told him to focus, "Alright." 

"Beta Seunghyun," Dara growled. 

"You don't have to come if you don't want to. I just figured your presence would help," Minzy said with a shrug as she descended down the stairs. 

"Where are you going anyway," Dara huffed as she followed suit with Beta Seunghyun. 

"I need to go to the borders," Minzy simply said. 

"Are you trying to plan your escape," Dara asked sarcastically as they piled into the car. 

"No, I'm planning on stopping the next war," Minzy said causing everyone to go quiet. 

 

Author's Notes:

And here comes another shift in the fic lol. I just love complicating things and making my life harder it seems haha. Thanks for reading, hope you're enjoying it so far!