Thirteen

The Broken

Pulling up to Commander Taeyang's home, Minzy grinned as she squeezed the Alpha's hand once more, "Thank you. I will see you tomorrow then?" 

His wolf whined as he lost contact, making his hand ball up in a fist, "See you bright and early?" 

Minzy waved as he drove off, allowing her to make her way into the home. Grinning as she found a note with money to order them some food, she went about showering and changing. Walking out of the house, she walked around the city hoping to find a market of some sort. With so much time on her hands today, she decided to make a home cooked meal. Grinning at the street markets she spotted, she made her way in and was surprised by all the various food items being sold. All the colors of vegetables and fruits had her smiling with the owners attempting to pursuade her to stop by their shop. 

"Princess," Minzy heard a little girl call to her and she turned to see the little girl smiling brightly and waving.

Smiling over at the little girl, she made her way over to the humble shop and greeted her, "Didn't I tell you I wasn't a princess?" 

The little girl giggled as she kicked her dangling little legs in delight at seeing Minzy, "I know you're a princess you can't trick me! What are you shopping for today?" 

"I don't know really," Minzy shrugged. "I'm trying to figure out what to make for dinner today." 

"My momma sells the best ingredients to make a mean stew," the little girl said proudly. 

"Oh does she now," Minzy grinned. 

The little girl vigorously nodded her head, "Yup and one day my momma is gonna own a restaurant that will take care of the both of us!" 

Minzy felt touched and knew exactly what to do, "Alright then, let me get all the ingredients for the stew." 

"My momma is on the way back from getting some more supplies, but I can put together what I have here," the little girl said as she hopped off the stool and went about collecting the items. 

"Hi how may I help you," a woman approached with items in her hand. 

"Momma she's buying ingredients for a stew," the little said. 

"Yes your daughter is very convincing," Minzy smiled. 

"She has brought a lot of business," the woman agreed. "My name is Bom by the way. Welcome to the pack." 

"Nice to meet you Bom, I'm Minzy and your daughter's name is..." 

"Jennie," the little girl squealed happily as she handed the items she had prepared to her. 

"Thank you Jennie," Minzy politely accepted the items as Bom then handed her the rest. 

Minzy handed all the money she was given from Commander Taeyang to Bom and watched as she gasped. Bom's eyes widened as she shook her head and gave Minzy half of it back, "You gave me way too much." 

"Take it, it's tip for the young and up coming local business I will be supporting in the near future," Minzy smiled as she winked at Jennie. 

Bom bit the corner of her lip and felt her eyes water as the money was placed back in her hands, "I can't...we can't..."

"Please," Minzy gazed over at little Jennie. "Don't think on it. I'm supporting little Jennie's dream here," Minzy gave a small smile at Bom before looking back to Jennie. "Right Jennie?"

"Thank you princess," little Jennie chimed in causing Minzy and Bom to laugh.

"Plus how can I not tip with the flatery I get from Jennie," Minzy smiled. "Thank you both for the ingredients. Have a good day." Taking her leave, Minzy grinned to herself as she turned the corner. 

"Here let me get those for you," a young man in uniform said. 

"It's fine really," Minzy tried to say as the groceries were taken from her hands. 

"I insist," he smiled brightly as he began walking. "Heading to Commander Taeyang's home right?" 

Minzy fell into step with the young officer, "Yeah." 

"My name is officer Mino, I'm new to the force and I highly respect our Commander," he said with a bright smile. 

"My name is Minzy," she said even though knowing he probably already knew that. 

"Nice to meet you Minzy, welcome to the pack," he said as they neared the Commander's home. 

The sound of tires screetching, caused the both of them to stop in their tracks as they watched the car flip around and swerve in front of Commander Taeyang's home. "What do we have here," the young officer said in concern ready to address the issue as Alpha Jiyong was up and out of the car. "Al...Alpha Jiyong," officer Mino mumbled in concern. 

"Good afternoon officer, what is going on here," Alpha Jiyong asked as he nodded at the two of them. 

Minzy took the groceries from officer Mino and grinned, "Thank you, but I think I have it from here." 

"Certainly," officer Mino said releasing the groceries as he moved to bow to his superior. 

Rolling her eyes, Minzy walked past the Alpha and made her way up the steps. "Here let me get the door," Alpha Jiyong said as he was suddenly by her side and opening the door before she could refuse him. 

Gazing over her shoulder she saw officer Mino walking with his head down in shame as if he was scolded, "What did you say to officer Mino?" 

"Just clarifying his intentions towards you," he simply said as he followed her into the house. "What are you making for dinner?" 

She scoffed as she looked at him in disbelief, "Why?" 

He shrugged as he followed her into the kitchen and watched as she pulled out the ingredients, "I have some business to discuss with Commander Taeyang so I'm going to be here for a little while." 

"So you're inviting yourself over for dinner," she asked as she looked over at him. 

He gave her a dramatic look of shock, "Is that an invitation? I will gladly accept." She gasped as she watched him move to help her pull out the other ingredients, "Are you making a stew?"

She shook her head as she was brought out of her thoughts, "Yeah I wanted to make him a home made meal." 

"I didn't know you cooked. I would have had you prepare a meal for us," he pouted cutely. 

"Ew," she looked at him side ways. "What is wrong with you? I thought you had things to do?" 

"I finished them and now I'm here," he shrugged noticing that she didn't like the cute-zy act. "And since I'm here at least let me help you make dinner instead of having me stare at you as you cook."

Thinking on it she nodded, "Fine cut the vegetables." 

"Gladly," he grinned as he quickly went about doing what he was told. He had to show her just how much he appreciated the invitation into her new home.

 

Minzy could not believe how horrible Alpha Jiyong was at cutting vegetables. "Whoa," she breathed as she saw the giant chunks. 

"What? What's wrong," he frowned at her examining his work.

"Well..." she felt a little bad seeing how he had focused a lot of his attention into making sure the vegetables were cut up. "I need the vegetables half of this size so that it is bite size," she explained. "But I'm truly grateful for your help," she encouraged him as she patted his arm. 

Taking courage in her words, he sighed as he attempted to cut the vegetables smaller, "Thank you master chef." 

She chuckled as she bumped into his arm, "You're welcome student chef." He chuckled as he shook his head smiling at their playful banter. 

 

Minzy smiled as the table was set for dinner. Everything was ready and she was very impressed by the aroma that had filled the home. Hearing the door open, she called for Commander Taeyang to come into the kitchen. "It smells delicious," Commander Taeyang called as he walked into the kitchen. He stopped in his tracks as he noticed that Alpha Jiyong was standing with Minzy. "What's going on?" 

"I brought Minzy home and she invited me in for dinner," Alpha Jiyong shrugged. "Do you mind if we sit? It is after all your home." 

Commander Taeyang's gaze shifted between the two as he nodded, "Umm...sure. Please let's all sit." 

When Minzy had taken her seat, she nudged Alpha Jiyong who slightly grinned. 

What he mouthed over to her. 

Really?! I didn't invite you, she mouthed right back. 

Commander Taeyang noticed the interaction taking place as he cleared his throat and gazed over at Alpha Jiyong, "So tell me Alpha Jiyong what brings you here besides Minzy's cooking?" 

"What other reason does one need," Alpha Jiyong countered as he winked over at Minzy. "Besides I wanted to discuss your request you made the other day. After much consideration I feel it only right to grant you permission to visit your brother's grave. Someone had advised me that family is very important and that you should be allowed to see them." Minzy was touched as she gazed over at Commander Taeyang.

His eyes lit up with excitement as he reached out to take Minzy's hand in his, "Do you hear that?! We can go see my brother..." 

"You can," Alpha Jiyong cut in to clarify.

"What," Commander Taeyang looked to Alpha Jiyong for an explanation. 

"Minzy can go under one condition," Alpha Jiyong said. Commander Taeyang tensed as he awaited the Alpha's words. "She can go as long as I do." 

"What," both Minzy and Commander Taeyang looked at him in disbelief. 

"This is a family affair," Commander Taeyang hissed in annoyance. 

Alpha Jiyong nodded, "It is one thing to allow you to return, but Minzy is a high risk. I cannot let her go there without my presence for the fear of starting a war among our packlands. As a new member to our pack we must take care of our own and I am not willing to show any weakness or give room for any liabilities on our pack." 

Commander Taeyang took in the Alpha's words and knew it made sense. Frowning, he sadly looked to Minzy. "I'm sorry but the Alpha's words make sense." 

"We can discuss this matter later," Minzy waved off the sadness. "As for now let's enjoy this home made meal we prepared." 

"We," Commander Taeyang asked. 

"I offered to help since it was the least I could do being invited to dinner and all," Alpha Jiyong quickly covered. 

Pressing his lips tightly together, he could sense that Alpha Jiyong wasn't being completely honest. Shaking the thought he dove into the stew and let out a sigh of relief as it entered in his mouth, "This is amazing!" 

"And the vegetables are cut just right," Minzy nodded in approval as she started to eat shooting glances over at Alpha Jiyong who so willingly took it as an opportunity to steal glances of her as well. 

 

When Alpha Jiyong took his leave, Minzy went about cleaning the kitchen. In the mean time Commander came over to assist her, "So you and Alpha Jiyong huh?" 

"What about the two of us," Minzy stopped as she challenged him. 

"I don't know he just seems different around you," he held his hands up. "He could send Beta Seunghyun, but instead he volunteers to go himself." 

"It was Beta Seunghyun who chose me for the trade so it would probably cause a bigger problem. Please don't assume that I am someone special to Alpha Jiyong when I have only been a guest living in his home until I had recently recovered from my suffering of the breaking of my bond to your brother," she said almost hurt that he was assuming the worst of her.

Commander Taeyang came to her side and wrapped an arm around her, "Please don't think I'm trying to assume the worst from you. I know you are as loyal as they come. I could never doubt your devotion. You're my family and I meant it. I was only curious as curiosity would allow a brother to be. Please forgive me?"

Turning into his embrace, she held onto him tighter, "There is nothing to forgive, thanks for looking out for me like a brother would do."