45.

The Broken

Minzy broke down as she held herself for the fear that his touch would make her crumble to pieces, "The reason why Commander Psy sought to kill our kind was because I killed his daughter. But that is only the half of it." She paused as thought back to Luna Ailee, "I wronged Ailee by causing a war that killed her mate. It blinded her with so much hate that she turned not only on the pack and our kind, but on you. And I wronged you by turning the love of your life against you and killing her." Getting it off her chest was somewhat relieving, "So you see, there is nothing to forgive. I've wronged you and everyone here."

Alpha Jiyong stood quietly as he took in what she had said, "So...are you saying that we should rewrite our wrongs?" 

She shrugged as she held back the tears, "I don't know how to fix any of it." 

"Who says you have to fix it all by yourself," he asked. "What if I wanna fix things with you?" 

Minzy coughed a laugh bitterly as she shook her head, "I won't fall for that again." 

"You call yourself a monster, but I am a beast as well," he said as he moved closer, trapping her between himself and the wall behind him. "Through this tragedy comes a silver lining for us. We can finally be together." 

Glaring up at him, she shoved him off of her, "What is wrong with you?! I just told you some of the horrible things I've caused and yet you try to say some smooth like that?!" 

"It's unfortunate that it had happened this way, but yes I'm telling you that I want to be with you," he growled in frustration. "No more bull Minzy, let us be mates once and for all!" 

"Why would I commit myself to someone who has so many women they can't remember them all," she sarcastically said, knowing very well he was under mind control when he said what he did. 

He coughed a laugh, "Did you actually believe that pathetic excuse of me realizing in my darkest hour just how drawn I was to you? Even under that stupid mind control I knew who you were to me." She was silenced by the truth. "Look," he breathed trying to ease the building tension. "Please don't push me away Minzy. Life  has kept us apart for far too long, let's not make it longer." Falling to his knees he clasped his hands together, "I beg you, please..."

"What are you doing, get up," she moved to pull him up on his feet. 

Twirling her and dipping her low, he let his starry eyes connect to her lavender ones, "I'm telling you that I want you and I know that you want me too. So let's stop all the bull and become mates." 

"Alpha Jiyong don't do this," she looked away. 

"Then you leave me no choice," he huffed as he bent down inhaling her scent and letting his fangs elongate and sink into her skin. 

Minzy squeaked as he broke through her flesh, "Alpha Jiyong!" Struggling out of his grip, she winced as he sunk his teeth deeper into her left collarbone. "Let me go," she growled as she found her footing and flung him flat onto his back. Glaring down at him, she covered her new flesh wound, "What is wrong with you?!" Swearing under her breath, she moved away looking for the nearest mirror. Flicking on the bathroom light, she craned her neck to the right to see the mark he left. Luckily it wasn't deep enough or in long enough for it to take, she thought as she touched where the teeth marks had punctured her. It burned. Turning on the faucet, she ran her fingers under the cool water and scooped some up onto it. Stopping as Alpha Jiyong appeared behind her, she glared at him, "Go away!" 

"Here let me see," he offered as he held up a med kit to show her. 

"Just leave it, I can do it myself," she hissed as she scooped more water to rinse the wound. 

But he wasn't having it, as he roughly turned her to face him. Giving her a hard look, he easily lifted her onto the sink counter. Wordlessly opening the kit, he grabbed some ointment to have it snatched away by her. Minzy popped the cap off, ripping off the seal and huffed as the tube was taken from her hands. They argued without saying a word, he glaring at her to not be so stubborn and she glaring at him to leave her alone. Taking a swipe of some of the ointment, Alpha Jiyong gently brushed it over the teeth marks he had given her. Minzy winced and quickly took hold of his wrist to stop him, but he insisted as he pulled his hand away and continue to apply the ointment onto her wound. Closely examining the wound, not wanting to miss a spot, he mindlessly blew his hot breath against her skin and noticed her stiffen. Gazing up at her, he saw that she sat looking away from him. Sighing, he gently took her chin and turned her face towards his, "I'm sorry that I bit you without your consent." 

She couldn't understand why she was tearing up, "It'll heal." 

"Minzy," he softly breathed her name that seemed to be the only thing good that came out of his mouth. Taking her hands in his, he placed them onto his chest. Gazing down to where he had covered her hands on his chest, he looked back into her eyes, "Can we heal ourselves? I want you to bare my mark forever and I want to do the same as well. Please Minzy..." 

She shook her head as her head dropped, "Don't ask me..."

"Then I'm telling you," he breathed as he pulled her into an embrace. "I'm telling you that we are mates. I'm telling you that you are my forever and I am yours." 

Pulling at his shirt, she buried her face into his chest and cried, "Forever is such a long time." 

Squeezing her tighter against him, he chuckled, "It's the least the Gods can grant us after all the we've been through." 

Grinning through her tears, she inhaled his fragrance of fresh fallen rain. He smelt like the first time she had met him. When he had saved her from the cells and again he was saving her from herself without even realizing it. Looking up at him through her blurry eyes, she coughed a laugh as he used the pads of his thumbs to wipe the tears from her eyes. His soft starry gaze made her melt, "What of tradition..." 

" tradition," he gave her a crooked smile. "We'll start a new one." Cupping her face in his hands, he sighed, "Can I kiss you?" 

She laughed at the silly man standing before him, "You bite me without my permission but then ask to kiss me?" 

He shrugged as he descended down to capture her lips. Stopping only a breath away, "Well can I?" 

Minzy giggled as she took him by the collar and moved to close the gap between them. Kissing him deeply, she felt her body and especially her mark light on fire. Working her lips effortlessly against his, she let her hands run up his arms and into his hair. Gripping his hair tightly, she smirked as he grunted at her roughness and kissed him harder. Fluttering her tongue out between her lips, she traced his lower lip as he parted his lips to grant her access. Her heart was pounding in her chest and she was in a frenzie as she was lifted off of the counter and slammed against the wall. Wrapping her legs around his torso, she giggled as he kissed his way down her jawline and neck. Finding his way to the mark, she let out a sigh of relief as his hot tongue flickered over the mark. Biting the corner of her lower lip as he peppered sweet kissing on the wound, it felt as though she saw sparks fly. Clawing at his shoulders, her eyes slightly rolled back as his lips set a flame within. His kisses on the mark was like a cooling aid to the fire emitting off the mark. She felt herself slipping further into the moment as her fangs began to elongate and Amethyst begged to mark him. Cocking her head back into the wall, she panted as his lips worked wonders on her. She grunted as he on her mark, feeling a jolt run down her spine. Her mind was spinning as she found herself on a natural high, wanting to give herself to him. Gripping tightly onto him, she was going to bite him when the future came to mind. She was immortal now. Could she really spend forever with him? Did he really understand what forever was? Her thoughts were a total buzz kill as she went limp, no longer in the mood. 

"Is everything okay," he panted as he could sense she was no longer participating. 

"Yes," she huffed as she untangled herself from him. Running her hands through her hair, she straightened up, "I have to go." 

"You have to go? Where are you going," he asked as he pinned her against the sink. 

"Alpha Jiyong please, there's somethings I need to figure out," she said as she tried to push him away. 

"No, I go wherever you go. We'll figure whatever you have to figure out together," he said stubbornly. 

"Don't be so annoying..." she grunted as his fingers brushed against her mark. It made her weak in the knees as she clutched onto the counter to balance herself. Glaring at Alpha Jiyong for low balling her, she rolled her eyes at him, "Fine you can drive me." 

"Great," he said smugly as he took her hand and walked out. "Where are we going?" 

Intertwining their fingers, she let out a sigh of relief. Hating how the mark made her desperately need his touch, she shrugged, "Take me to the garden at the mansion." 

"Alright," he nodded. "We'll be back," Alpha Jiyong called over his shoulder reminding her that there were other people in the house. She blushed as she heard Jennie call out to them to be safe. 

"I forgot they were in the house," Minzy shook her head in embarassment as she stopped to see the crowd had filled the streets around her house. 

Trying to pull her hand away from Alpha Jiyong who held tightly, he raised their connected hands in the air, "Please bless our coming union. She is to be our future Luna." Minzy wanted to shrivel up and hide from embarassment. How could he ask the people to bless their union when she had told him all the wrong she had done to them? But the howls and roar of cheering that filled the air startled her out of her thoughts. They were all rejoicing as if it were music to their ears. Flowers were tossed into the air and everyone appeared to embrace one another as if they received good news. Not understanding their reactions, she was surprised as Alpha Jiyong spun her into his embrace and dipping her in a romantic way. "I think they approve of us," he chuckled before descending down to take her lips to his. Laughing as she kissed him, she was spun back onto her feet to see the crowd going wild. Racing off towards the car, she smiled as they drove off with the crowd still celebrating their shared kiss. 

 

The ride to the mansion was quiet as they held hands. Quietly staring out the window, she tried not to be affected by his gentle touch. Did he realize that the way his thumb caressed the top of her hand was sending gitters throughout her body? Trying to stay strong, she inhaled deeply and struggled smelling his fresh fallen rain scent fill her lungs. Exhaling as she cleared , and thirsted for his lips against her own. Groaning at her premature instincts to her mark, she huffed out of frustration.

"Are you alright? Do you need me to pull over," he asked concerned why she was shifting around. 

"No, keep driving," she knew if he pulled the car over she would definitely pounce on him. Not that he would mind, she knew he wouldn't. But she felt the need to prove to herself that she was stronger than her mark as she tried to think of anything else but him. Finding it near impossible, she was grateful to pull up to the mansion. Hopping out of the car before it came to a full stop, she made her way through the ruins of the mansion and towards the back. Her heart dropped seeing how trashed the garden was. Parts were ripped through, burnt up and ruined. But even through it all, she could smell the soft flowery fragrance as she found herself in the center of the garden at the fountain. Looking at the muddy water, she dipped her hand in to feel the coolness of the water. Filtering the water through her hand, she grinned as the muddy murk water began to clear. Clearing to glow a soft hue of crystal blue, she scooped some water into her hand and drank from it. 

"What is it Minzy, why have you called me here," Chaerin asked as she approached her. 

Gazing up at the glorious angel she smiled, "I need to know, can I have a mate as an immortal?"

Chaerin knelt beside her and took her hands in hers, "Even immortals deserve love." 

"Minzy," Alpha Jiyong called. "Who are you speaking with?"

Chaerin stiffened as Minzy grinned as helped her onto her feet, "I'm speaking with someone you've been wanting to see." Turning Chaerin to face him, he felt his breath being swept away at the angelic woman. 

"Chaerin," he mumbled as he rushed to her, cupping her face in his hands he began to cry. "Chaerin is it you?" 

She smiled at him and nodded, "Yes, it's me." 

Alpha Jiyong embraced her tightly as he cried harder, "How is this possible?! How are you here?"

"I've always been here," Chaerin lightly chuckled as she pulled away. "I've always been with you," she pointed to his chest. 

Wiping at his eyes, he had so many questions for her, "Why are you here though?" 

Chaerin glanced behind her to nod at Minzy, "I'm here for her. She called me because she had some concerns." 

He coughed a laugh as he walked over and took Minzy's hand in his, "So you know? You know who she is to me?"

"Yes I know. I've been trying to convince her so," Chaerin laughed. "She's been a tough cookie to crack." 

"Tell me about it," he laughed as Minzy nudged his side making him laugh even more. "Will you give me your blessing to love her," Alpha Jiyong asked sincerely to Chaerin. "Will the Gods allow this union to happen," he asked as he intertwined their fingers. 

Chaerin walked up to the pair and placed her hand onto their connected hands, "Yes, this union has been written in the books of heaven since before your existence on earth. It is through your union..." Moving her hand to hover over Minzy's stomach she grinned. "Great warriors known to all lycans will rise and lead the future generations to come."

Minzy felt Chaerin's words burn into the depths of her soul as Alpha Jiyong pulled her attention towards him by moving her hand to brush against his lips. "The Gods approve of us, what more do we need?" 

Her eyes filled with tears as she could feel the stars align for her in the flecks of gold swirling in his brown eyes. And even if it all felt and sounded right, she couldn't fight the memories and fears that prevented her from taking the leap of faith again. "I'm scared," she admitted. "And I'm broken." 

The silence that filled the air had become thick to the point that she felt like she would suffocate. Taking his silence as him agreeing to her cowardice, she was pulled out of her thoughts at a simple word that fell from his lips. "kintsugi." 

"Huh," she stared at him, not understanding what he had just said. 

"Kintsugi is a Japense art form for repairing broken pottery with an adhesive that has gold powder in it. So when they glue the broken pieces back onto the pottery the gold cracks are highlighted." Taking her small face into his large hands, he gave her a crooked smile of understanding, "You may be broken, but that's what makes you beautiful. You and I are a work of art with many golden cracks." His chuckle brought a lightness to her as she grinned up at him. "I am yours and you are mine, broken and all." 

The tears that fell from her eyes were kissed away before Alpha Jiyong soon after found her lips. Letting her taste the salt of her tears against his lips, as well as his plea for her to let him understand her. Trembling against him, she melted into his kiss as she thought of his analogy of kintsugi. Though broken and damaged beyond repair as she felt, he saw her otherwise along with everyone else in her life and it wasn't until now that she was willing to take that leap of faith to be made whole again. 

 

 

Author's Notes:

Hot damn I finally figured out how to end this damn story lol. I think I might want to write an epilogue so I'm gonna keep it incomplete for a lil bit. Anyway hope you all enjoyed this journey. I almost threw in the towel with this one, but thanks to 2ne1's surprise Coachella performance I found hope lol. Man that was a beautiful surprise, I did cry angry tears because if I knew that they all were gonna be there I would've dug real deep in my pockets for tickets. Ya'll know coachella ain't cheap haha. But yes their performance restored hope in me and tadah this story is done. Thanks for reading, hope you all enjoyed the very rocky road this fic took haha.