18.

The Broken

Minzy jolted awake by the loud sounds of crashing and banging. Standing to her feet, she could hear the tussling of a fight taking shape outside of her door. Closing her eyes, she quietly listened and was able to see how Teddy bravely took on the mob of male lycans trying to get to her. They had fought with great strength, but Teddy being the experienced warrior that he was was able to best them all and eventually had them submitting to him. When the wounded group had finally taken their leave, Minzy slowly moved to her door and opened it to see that Teddy's wolf form slumped against the wall. He was badly injured as she came to his side and lightly ghosted her hands through his fur. Hearing a soft whimper as she touched his arm and felt the wet blood seeping onto her hand, she gave him a look of sadness, "Let me heal you." Pressing her hand onto his wound, she felt the chunk that was ripped at her arm. Hissing out in pain, the feelings of fear for her virtue being taken had him pushing past his pain to keep her protected. When she had healed him, she sat taking slow breaths and allowed the wound on her arm to fade away. 

How, he mumbled amazed that the wound had healed and the pain was gone. All that was left was the memory of it all. 

Standing to her feet, she grinned down at him, "I am a healer after all. Thank you for protecting me valiantly. Good night Teddy." Returning back into bed, she sighed as she ghosted her fingers to where the wound had been before letting sleep take her once more. 

 

Minzy frowned as she looked at the gown she was given to wear. The black gown dipped down towards her midsection, letting the material loosely fall against her s. Not to mention it also dipped in the back as if she was some kind of model. Rolling her eyes as the maids went about dusting her with glitter and makeup while others pinned up her hair in a fancy hair do she could never conquer if not for the help of a couple hands. When she was done, they gawked at their work. She looked like a mysterious woman of the night with her lavender eyes the glimmered in contrast to the black. But she knew that deep down they could not disguise the feelings of inadequacy of her task at hand. She had the last few days to come up with something to draw a blank as a soft knock came at the door and she looked to see Teddy standing with a big grin. 

"You look beautiful," he complimented her with a respectful bow. 

"You don't look so bad yourself," she mentioned seeing him dressed in his war battle attire like she had seen him dressed days ago. 

"He's ready to see you," he nodded at her compliment before turning to lead the way. 

Walking down the long hall, she was led to the main hall where everyone had gathered and were quietly awaitng her arrival. Taking slow and cautious strides, she came to a stop as Teddy did to bow and step aside to reveal the man she had come to see. There sitting on the makeshift throne, sat a man with piercing black eyes that bore so intently into hers. 

Suddenly she was transported through the mindlink to the tops of the dessert mountains. It was dark out and the moon was shining brightly as the stars were twinkling. Dongwook stood at the ledge as he gazed down at the forbidden city, "You're unscented..." 

"Why have you summoned me," Minzy asked deflecting the concern in his voice. 

"Why do the Gods want me dead," he asked flatly as he turned to look at her.

The surprise in her face was soon masked with a neutral one, "I guess we're both cursed because for some odd reason they want me alive." 

"I'm not going down without a fight," he told her as a warning. 

"I wouldn't have it any other way," she slightly bowed. Coming out of her trance, she smirked at him and knew what she had to do. Meanwhile Dongwook stood on his feet ready to face off with her. 

"Bring it," he nodded. 

Minzy's doubting mind was silenced as her wolf was called upon. Her wolf was now in charge as she lunged forward. The beautiful gown being torn to shreds as she shifted in thin air she seized her attack. Dongwook was amazed by her sped as he barely missed her attack and shifted to face her. The two lycans circled the hall as everyone moved to give them space. Teddy was worried for the Healer, even though she glowed softly like the moonlight. Dongwoook wasn't the leader of the rogues for no reason. He was one of the strongest and smartest lycans that Teddy had ever encountered. Watching as Minzy went racing towards Dongwook, the sound of the collision crackled loudly as the wolves began to tare and claw at one another. Minzy's growl roared from deep within as she bit into his side and ripped out a chuckle. Spitting out the chunk, she barred her teeth as the blood dripped from as if taunting Dongwook to come at her. He knew there was no discussion or agreement that could deter the lycan before him. Taking the courage to lead by example, he launched his attack and crashed into her. Sinking his fangs deep into her front left leg. The sharp pain had her roaring with rage as she clawed at his face to see that he stayed lodged in that position. Pushing her leg further into his mouth, it forced his jaw to open to the furthest degree. It was then that she was able to break free before she began to maul at his neck. Blood was splattered all over as the fight continued. The two fighting viciously as they both lunged at each other again to have Dongwook loose his footing and fall on his back. That was when it hit her. Seeing the fear in his eyes brought Minzy out of it for a split second. He knew that he his life was going to end and that she would be the cause of it all. Letting her claws dig into the lycan beneath her, her wolf heaved as she stood conflicted. 

Let me die with honor, Dongwook begged. I've done my share of evil in this world. It's time for me to pay the consequences for them. 

Minzy had closed her mind to what her wolf form had started to do. Instead she stood next to Dongwook as they looked at the door that had opened for him. "Will it hurt," he turned to look at her unsure of the consequences that the Gods had in store for him. 

"Dongwook it's time to accept your fate," she softly cooed not knowing the answer to his question. 

He hissed as he felt his chest. The pain of his heart being ripped out led to the smirk on his face as he looked at Minzy, "I guess pain is part of the healing process."

"It's a start," she said as she nodded for him to follow the light that shined through. 

The howl that had tore from as she spat out Dongwook's heart, brought her back to the present moment. She thanked her wolf profusely for doing the deed she was unsure of fulfilling. Spitting out the blood from , she held her head high as she looked about to see if there was anyone else who wanted a piece of her. When the lycans in question all but bowed in submission, her wolf grunted as she walked away to leave the speechless crowd in awe at their now lifeless leader lying before them. 

 

Minzy was grateful to the maids who had drawn her a lovely bath full of waters of Nivea. Full submerged, she was nearly all healed as she sensed Teddy approaching. Pushing herself out of the waters, she moved to take her towel and pull it against her drenched body. Swinging the door open before he could knock, he sheepishly grinned before turning away at her immodesty. "Uh...sorry to bother you..." 

"What's wrong," she asked as she could feel the distress radiating off of him. 

"They want to see you," he mumbled as she walked past him to retrieve some clothing. 

"Who," she eyed him as she walked back into the bathroom to put on her clothing. 

"The people," he said knowing very well her lycan hearing would not be phased by a door. 

Minzy rolled her eyes as she opened the door and began to let her fingers run through her wet hair, "Why would they want to see me? I'm leaving." 

"You can't leave," he said in a panic.

She looked at him as if he had to be joking, "Why?"

"You are now our leader or Alpha Healer. It comes with the territory of killing Dongwook," he revealed. 

"I am no leader and I am most definitely no Alpha," she chuckled in disbelief. "Since when do rogues follow such pack like structure?" 

Teddy was offended by the way she teased their way of life, "Just because we're rogues does not mean that we do not practice the traditional way of lycan life. We may be rogues, but we first and foremost are lycans." 

Hearing the serious tone in his voice, she knew better than to mock their cutlure that she honestly didn't understand, "Please don't take offense. I misspoke. I just did not know that you all lived by such codes. I thought you said that the one code was that you keep what you kill?" She asked trying to cover her tracks. 

He sighed as he nodded, "Yes, simply putting it that is our way of life and now you must keep what you kill. You must lead up dear Alpha Healer." 

She held her hand up to stop him, "Don't call me that." 

"Then what shall I call you? Healer does not embrace your new title and position in our ranks," Teddy said respectfully. 

"Could I possibly just hand you the title," she offered hoping to appease him. 

"No," he gave her a look as if it was a silly suggestion. 

"I am no rogue. I'm far from an Alpha and I am just barely coming to terms with being a healer," she shook her head. She was overwhelmed as she didn't know what to think as the task had now become a life sentence. Sighing deeply she gazed over to him with sadness, "Give me time to think and I will come to address the people." Teddy gave her a curt nod as he excused himself. Flinging herself onto the bed, she face planted into the covers and groaned. "What the am I supposed to do?" 

"Be the leader that you're supposed to be," the angelic woman reappeared.with a knowing smile. "You did well Minzy." 

"Did I," Minzy breathed as she sat up to face the woman. "I've been blessed with these powers and now I have to lead a bunch of rogues. Don't even get me started on what's going with Alpha Jiyong," she huffed. "What am I supposed to do?" 

"Becoming the leader or Alpha is actually a good thing," the angelic woman suggested.

"How so," Minzy asked as she eyed the woman suspiciously.

"Being an Alpha you now have the power to either acknowledge or decline any commands of another Alpha or of any other lycan for that matter. You have choice in the matter..."

"But that comes with the territory of being responsible of the pack I am in charge of and the rogues of the dessert is no ease charge," Minzy shook her head. "And what of me being unscented and unmarked? What is that about?" 

The blonde woman nodded in understanding, "It was the request of Youngbae that you find a worthy mate of your choosing." 

"And what if I don't want another mate, did he think of that," Minzy countered. 

"He did," the woman lightly chuckled. "He had told us of your stubborn like nature and we know that a woman of your greatness needs a companion to balance you out." 

Minzy groaned as she shook her head, "I don't need a mate. I just need solitude." 

"You had that and look where that got you, nowhere," the woman said with no malice just as a matter of fact. "Unscented and being an Alpha also allows you to choose your mate. When the time is right you will choose who your mate will be and you will prosper in that choice." 

Minzy pouted as the woman left her to her own thoughts, she whimpered and whined at the sticky situation she had found herself in. Alpha Jiyong...

Minzy? Is it done? Can you come home?

It was a bit endearing to hear the hope in his voice, The task has taken a turn. I must be here for a bit longer.

A bit longer?! How long is that?!

I honestly don't know. As for now I would advise you to stay with the pack...

Advise? You are not my Beta or Commander. You are my mate and you are long overdue to be by my side. I am coming for you and I expect that you will be ready to see me. 

Minzy knew very well that the conversation with Alpha Jiyong was pointless, but she had to try as a knock came at the door. The maids all came in with another gown as they were ready to beddazle her with glitter and efforts to make her into their new leader. 

 

Standing in the white flowy gown it felt like she was being initiated into the eager pack of rogues that surrounded her as she looked at the throne and stood next to it rather than sitting upon it. "My good fellow rogues I have come to address you all today," she started as she gazed about the room to see Teddy standing as if he were proud of her. Taking courage at his look, she continued, "My mission was to come and kill your fierce leader as was the task bestowed upon me by the Gods. But I didn't know that this would in fact place me in the current situation that I have found myself in as your leader." Her words had a couple of lycans cheering as she continued. "Though I didn't expect this to happen, I will honor Dongwook as he told me before he left this world to embrace the Other Side that we must accept the consequences of the choices we make. And I have come to the conclusion that I will accept my fate in being your new leader." This had the entire group of lycans howling with pride as Minzy stood with a small sense of relief to accept a part of her new life.

 

Minzy knelt before Teddy and bowed her head allowing his blade to tap on either sides of her shoulders. "From this day forward you bow to no one," he said. "Rise leader and Alpha of the rogues of the dessert and greet your pack." Standing to her feet, the crowd roared and howled with pride. 

Turning to face the makeshift pack, she raised her arms out as if to showcase herself to them. Their cheering vibrated through her as she grinned, "My first ruling is that I extend my Beta position to one of the bravest men I know. "Teddy will you accept the call to become my Beta," Minzy turned to look at the shocked man. 

He was quickly on his knees as he bowed his head in humility, "It will be my honor to serve you with all of me." 

Reaching over, she took his sword and tapped his shoulders to give her blessing, "Let it be known that Beta Teddy will be the Beta of our rogue pack from here on out."