34.

The Broken

Minzy looked at the diamond ring that she placed in a small box on her dresser. As much as she wanted to wear it and say it all, she knew better. Closing the small box, she sadly made her way out. She couldn't sleep, so to make use of her time she decided to head out to the dessert planes sooner than later. Shifting into her wolf form, she stretched her legs before leaping forward. Rushing out of the packlands and into the no man's area, she let her feet carry her across the dessert. Running to her heart's content, she didn't stop until it was dark again. Slowly coming to a stop, she looked around to see that the land was flat and bare with no use for scouting the land. Circling the spot that she had chosen, she descended down to the ground and sighed realizing that her body was finally feeling tired. Gazing up at the starry sky that was twinkling above her, she grinned imagining that it was Alpha Jiyong who was looking over her as she rested. 

"Healer," Beta Teddy's voice echoed and jolted her awake. 

The panic in his voice had her bolting towards the forbidden city. She had heard his voice as clear as day. He had never called out for her and yet the urgency in his voice told her there was no time to waste. Leaning her body forward as she took long powerful strides, she could see that the city was up in flames with smoke surrounding it. Let's go, her wolf howled in agreement as she bull rushed into the city and was surprised by the familiar scent of humans. Growling as she lunged at the soldier who was spraying his gun as if he had endless bullets, she tore him to shreds with ease. Pouncing on her next victim, she slashed through the solider's throat as other soliders attempted to try and shoot her. Dodging the flying bullets, she took down another soldier and ripped open his chest. Flinging the guts over at the solider who panicked having bloody insides all over him, she took the opportunity to take him down as well. Conquering the group around her, she was caught off guard by the explosion that sent her flying into the side of a house. Rolling onto the ground, she tried to steady herself with her ears ringing and her vision somewhat blurred. Shaking her head, she was able to regain her focus as she continue to work through the throngs of soldiers. Ripping them apart one by one, she was met by a wave of lycans that came to assist her. 

"Healer," Beta Teddy came rushing by her side. "The city is overrun with humans. They out number us and there is something different about them." She gave him a side glance as she clawed at a soldier who tried to bravely charge her and fail. "Be careful of their blood. It's poisoned!"

Minzy spit out the blood from and noticed that it did taste like there was something in their blood. But she was blessed by the Gods and healing was the gift she was blessed with. So whatever was in the blood seemed more like something distasteful rather than poisonous. Nodding her head, she teamed up with Beta Teddy to fight the humans. Tearing them to bits, she was able to take down majority of the humans before she sensed a presence from a distance. Narrowing her vision she saw the man that had her claw marks across his face. He stood eyeing her as if he had found what he was looking for. Howling loudly, it shook the ground to a low rumble as she moved to charge Commander Psy. It was like a dance, as she weaved in and out of various fights to the man who stood unmoving. As she neared him, she watched as he along with the soldiers along side him placed on their gas masks. Knowing what was about to happen, she inhaled deeply as she held her breath and continue to rush towards him. Rushing past the flash banging lights and greenish colored gases that filled the air, she was getting so close that she could hear Commander Psy's heart beat. It beat at a slow tempo as if he did not fear her, which she knew was his mistake as she lunged towards him. Ready to swipe more than his face this time, she was met with a hand raise as bright lights blinded her and loud explosions nearly made her ear drums crack. She was flung the opposite way as more explosives were set off. In the process of catching herself, she inhaled the toxic gases and began to cough. Her lungs felt like they were on fire and melting right out of her chest. Gazing at a lycan who had collapsed, she saw how he started to foam at the mouth. Rushing to the now unconscious lycan, she lifted him onto her back and rushed him out of the city. There she was met by the army that stood along side Commander Psy's vehicle. 

A soldier opened the car door for Commander Psy to step out. Walking to the front of his batallion, he stood tall before her, "And where do you think you're off to?"

Placing the lycan onto the ground, she growled to bare her sharp fangs before letting out a loud bark. The bark echoed and shook the ground, causing the soldiers as well as Commander Psy to lose their footing. Taking this as an opportunity, she pounced onto Commander Psy to have him pinned to the ground below her. Feeling a pinch in her chest, she gazed down to see a syringe sticking out of her. Soon she was howling as more pricklings seemed to over run her senses as she was stumbling off of Commander Psy. Coughing and gasping for air, she felt like her insides were ready to explode or at the very least stop functioning. Crumbling onto the ground, she looked up at Commander Psy that stood towering over her as whatever was running through her body continue to eat away at her. 
Amethyst growled being so stubborn through the pain, forced them up onto their feet again and shook off the various syringes sending them flying. Heaving as she spit out the foam from , she glared through her watery eyes at Commander Psy who looked amazed to say the least.

"You're gonna have to do a whole lot better if you wanna kill me," Amethyst and Minzy stood strong. 

"Kill that beast," Commander Psy roared as he raised his hand. 

Amethyst growled as she too roared to taunt the soldiers that started to fire their weapons. Flashes of light and loud bangs rang out as Minzy placed her hand onto Amethyst who gazed over at her. "We must protect them."

Nodding in understanding, both Amethyst and Minzy closed their eyes and exhaled deeply. Feeling a pulse run through their bodies, and soon the pulsing soon turned to warmth. Minzy opened her eyes seeing that time had slowed. The bullets that we're flying her way almost looked as if they were in a stand still. Raising her hand out it was as if a light shield had formed making the bullets either shatter before them or ricochet else where. This caused the soldiers to stumble back in amazement as Minzy and Amethyst began to rise into the air. Amethyst and Minzy has interchangeably shifted as they pulsed in pure light. Minzy extended her arms out as she watched her finger tips begin to spark. But her gaze turned to the sky as she saw the faint outline of the moon. "Goddess Luna protect your children," Minzy breathed when suddenly the pulse hit her like a wave and surged out to all the lycans under attack. The wave of light came like a tsunami knocking all the soldiers down and providing a shield of light around each lycan. They didn't have time to explore what light had comsuned their beings as the lycans fought harder until the human soldiers retreated. 

Meanwhile Minzy and Amethyst floated in the air letting the light reflect off of every atom of their bodies. Soon Minzy felt the light over powering her mind and she wasn't sure she could hold on any longer as her gaze stayed fixated on the sky. Seeing the stars twinkle have her the courage she needed to accept whatever came next as another surge of light pulsed throughout her body and everything went dark. 

 

Minzy sat with Amethyst on the edge of the cliff that over looked the forbidden city, "Good job girl." 

"We both did great," Amethyst added as she purred when Minzy gently began to run her fingers into her fur. 

Minzy nodded as the sun began to raise, "Yes we did." 

"But now we must go back," Amethyst said. "There is more for us to do," moving up to her feet, Minzy grinned as she followed her wolf. 

 

The throbbing in her head, had her shifting but it was quickly followed with the surge of pain shooting through her body. She couldn't understand why she felt like her body was on fire as she slowly opened her eyes. Taking in her scenary, she lay on the hot dessert dirt with the sun high in the sky. Groaning as she tried to move, every muscle in her body felt like it was over exerted. She had no strength to move, only being able to shift her eyes and breathe. Dry heaving as she tried to move again, she knew she lay in her human form as Amethyst seemed to be completely depleted as well. Minzy lay helpless as the sun continue to beat down on her bare body. Closing her eyes, she called out to Beta Teddy. 

"My queen," a lycan coughed pulling her attention. Slowly opening her eyes, it was the lycan she had taken out of the city. He limped his way over so slowly, it looked like every move he took was painful. She wanted to tell him to stop, but along with every other part of her body, her voice was shot as well. When he had finally made it to her, she groaned as he nuzzled his nose towards her to help move her. It was painful, but neccessary as he lifted her over his shoulders. The movements were so painful that Minzy felt the tears well in her eyes as she lay upon his back. She felt every movement and tried to keep herself from crying out. "We are...almost there," she heard him cough out trying to sound strong for the both of them. 

"Healer," Beta Teddy growled as he along with other lycans surrounded the struggling lycan that held her up. Shifting into his human form, he scooped Minzy in his arms to have her howl in pain. "Take care of this lycan and I will take care of our Queen," he instructed as he moved to the mansion. Calling out to any lycan that was able to help around the mansion, he demanded that they come and help prepare a bath for the Queen. Various lycans responded by rushing to the mansion, while others went to fetch the waters of Nivea. Being as gentle as possilbe, Beta Teddy laid Minzy into the tub as Minzy fought to stay conscious. "Fill the tub," Beta Teddy barked orders as buckets filled with waters of Nivea were poured into the tub that Minzy lay in. 

Gasping at the rush of coolness that enveloped her body, Minzy violently coughed as the tears spilled over. Trembling as she clutched onto the edge of the tub as the waters of Nivea filled the tub, she looked over at Beta Teddy, "Where...where is the lycan that saved me?" 

He nodded in understanding, "He is being cared for. As for now, heal." Minzy couldn't argue with Beta Teddy, she needed the healing powers of these waters that helped ease her body. 

 

Minzy waved off any help as she lay soaking in the tub. She felt it neccessary that all efforts were in recovering everyone else within the city, not on her. She was fine, she had told them. Feeling relieved when the last lycan took their leave, she looked to see angel Chaerin standing at the foot of the tub. "Minzy I have come to warn you that you may have the powers of a Goddess but remember your body is still mortal. Be careful how you use your powers." 

"Did I almost die," Minzy asked wondering if that was the reason to why she was getting such a warning. 

Chaerin sighed softly as she moved to the side of the tub to move closer to her, "Be smarter, you have much more to live for." 

Instantly Minzy thought of Alpha Jiyong, gazing up to Chaerin she could see the genuine concern in her eyes, "I understand."

"Good because it's going to get harder before this gets better," Chaerin said as she faded away. 

Minzy sunk further into the tub until she was fully submerged into the water, letting the tears mix in. Thinking on what Chaerin had counciled her on, it was something she had yet to grasp. In her understanding she felt that with such great powers came great sacrifices. She was blessed with the gifts and she intended on using them, even if it meant putting herself at risk for the sake of others. 

 

Minzy awoke to the soft knock on her door, "Enter." 

Beta Teddy slightly bowed as he moved to reveal another lycan, "This is the one who brought you back into the city." 

Minzy grinned as she beckoned him to come into her room. Sitting up, she smiled as he bowed deeply, "I'm glad to see that our Queen is resting well." 

"I'm glad to see that you're healing well. Tell me, what is your name," she asked.

He bowed even deeper as he replied, "My name is Tablo my Queen." 

"Tablo," she said his name and nodded. "How would you like to become Commander?" 

"What," both Beta Teddy and Tablo said in unison. 

"You don't want the likes of me serving your greatness," Tablo said humbly. 

"And I work alone," Beta Teddy coughed in disbelief. 

"Did you forget that you work for me," Minzy narrowed her gaze on Beta Teddy who quickly bowed his head in understanding. Turning her attention back towards Tablo who kept his gaze to the ground, she grinned, "I'm no longer asking, you're going to be the the Commander and Beta Teddy is going to be showing you the ropes until further notice. Now both of you leave my quarters and learn to get along because you'll be working together." 

Beta Teddy was the first to storm off, while Tablo slowly raised his gaze to look at Minzy, "Please, I'm no good." 

"Then be bad, be the baddest Commander the dessert lycans have ever seen," she gave him an encouraging smile as she nodded for him to follow Beta Teddy. 

Peeling off the covers, she called out to the maids to get her things together. Placing her feet on the cool ground, she stood on her wobbly legs and forced herself up. Hissing at the amount of strength it took for her to do such a simple action, she thought back to when she was working back to her strength back at the Crimson Crawler mansion. She knew she was most definitely stronger than that as she forced her feet to move one right after the other to open her door. There standing before her was the man with the starry eyes that brought her back to life.