26.

The Broken

Beta Amber slowed her pace as they entered the mansion, but still taking quick strides. Nearing the destination, she stopped at the large set of double doors and bowed, "Please wait here." 

Though impatient, Minzy did what was asked of her as Beta Amber nudged the door open and walked in. "Luna," Beta Amber yelped causing Minzy to rush in. Racing into the large majestic room and towards the bathroom where the commotion was coming from. 

Minzy rushed into the bathroom to see Luna Tiffany laying in a puddle of her own blood as Beta Amber was trying to nudge her with her snout. Quickly shifting back to her human like form, Minzy cared less about her than the near unconscious woman lying on the ground. Kneeling next to the woman, she tried to sense where all the blood was coming from. "Please," a barely there voice called out to her. Gazing down at the woman, she followed the woman's hands to see that they were placed onto her belly. Closing her eyes, she heard only three heart beats. Opening her eyes to meet the barely open eyes, she sadly looked to the woman as she took her hands in her own and shook her head. This made the bleeding woman cry out before she went completely unconscious. 

This startled Beta Amber, while Minzy bent down to scoop the woman into her arms. Raising her up, she looked to the tub, "Turn on the water now." Beta Amber shifted and quickly did what was asked of her, watching quietly as Minzy settled Luna Tiffany into the tub. "Do you have maids that can get Luna Tiffany washed up and taken to bed? I need to do the same and be decent to see to Luna Tiffany." 

Beta Amber nodded as she called out the the maids who came rushing in to do what was instructed to them, "I will take you to your room to get cleaned up and I will do the same." 

 

Minzy made her way back to the Alpha and Luna's bedroom to find Luna Tiffany laying dressed in a night gown and asleep in bed. Gazing to the maids, she waved for them to take their leave. When they didn't move, Minzy was going to say something before they all started to file out as Beta Amber came rushing in, "My apologizes.."

"I know, they are only doing their jobs," Minzy brushed it off as she walked over to Luna Tiffany's bed side. Taking the fragile hand in hers, Minzy felt herself transport up onto the mountain top by the waters of Nivea. There standing by the waters stood the Luna looking so glum. 

"Why are you here," Luna Tiffany asked she gazed back at Minzy with tear filled eyes. 

"The Gods sent me to find you," Minzy answered honestly. "I mean...your Alpha had asked first..." 

The tears fell from Luna Tiffany's eyes as she coughed a laugh, "Alpha Siwon asked for me?" 

"Not exactly," Minzy answered. "He asked me to see who the Gods wanted me to heal first and you came to me when I visited these waters." 

Luna Tiffany fell to her knees as she gazed down at the waters, "These waters are filled with the tears I've cried with each child I lost." 

Minzy was moved as she came to sit across from Luna Tiffany. Taking the woman's hands in hers, she smiled kindly, "How many have you lost?" 

"Five," she sobbed as she hung her head low. "Each one took a piece of me and now I feel like I have nothing left to give." 

Minzy leaned forward and wrapped her arms around the woman and felt the pain and loss flash through her mind. Luna Tiffany had suffered alone for the past couple of years. Each pregnancy ending in a bloody mess of herself and the still born babies she cried and buried alone. The loss had made her mentally distant to Alpha Siwon and causing a wall to go up around everyone as she slowly died inside. Clutching the woman tightly, Minzy encouraged her to cry it out. She could see and feel it all as she began to cry with her. "You're a strong woman," Minzy breathed. 

"I'm not strong enough to give Alpha Siwon what he has always wanted, a child," Luna Tiffany cried as her doubts consumed her. 

Minzy pulled away enough to gaze into Luna Tiffany's puffy eyes, "You're his Luna before anything else. Have faith to tell him what you've been suffering all alone with." 

Luna Tiffany was unsure as she bit her lower lip, "I don't know..." 

"Luna Tiffany...the Gods have heard your countless prayers, it's time to heal," Minzy cooed.

"Are you going to heal me so that I can finally have children," Luna Tiffany asked. 

Minzy went quiet as she was unsure if she could even do such a thing, "Honestly...I'm not sure that I can do that. But I can give you the courage you need to talk this through with Alpha Siwon."

Luna Tiffany let a few more stray tears fall as she nodded and let out a soft sigh, "I understand." Minzy held onto Luna Tiffany and felt the pain and sadness of losing each child. Each vivid memory burning brightly in her mind made her tremble. There was so much blood and so much loss. Biting the corner of her lip, Minzy released Luna Tiffany and held her stomach that was twisting and turning in knots. She felt sick as her insides felt jumbled up. Groaning as she slouched forward, she closed her eyes shut and was brought back to reality. Gazing at the woman who sat up staring at Minzy curiously, Minzy gave her a small grin though her insides were still in pain. Suddenly Luna Tiffany pulled her in for a big embrace, "Thank you." 

After Minzy had listened to Luna Tiffany talk through her doubts and troubles she had suffered alone, she placed a comforting hand onto hers, "Be strong. Alpha Siwon will be by your side through it all." 

"I will," Luna Tiffany said feeling as though a weight was being lifted off of her shoulders. 

Minzy nodded as she could sense Alpha Siwon nearing the mansion, "I will make sure of it."

This made Luna Tiffany chuckle as Minzy walked out of the room to find Alpha Siwon standing along side Beta Amber. He appeared antsy as he stared at her curiously, "Hear her out. She's been suffering for years." 

The serious tone in Minzy's voice made his heart ache. He was curious, but at the same time he felt embarassed that whatever was wrong with his Luna had been happening for years. "I...will," he bowed deeply before walking past Minzy and entering his quarters. 

Minzy's attention was then turned to Beta Amber who was bewildered by what had happened, "How about we get on with the agenda?" 

"I...yes..." Beta Amber fumbled to get her words out. 

 

Minzy was grateful to be at the top of the moutains in the waters of Nivea after a hard day's work. Beta Amber had put her to work in seeing varous members of their pack who had very serious health problems. It had taken a lot out of her to suffer the pains and experiences that each person went through. But it was all worth it as she floated in the waters looking up at the starry sky. Grinning at the thought of Alpha Jiyong's starry eyes, she called out to him. 

Alpha Jiyong are you awake?

Now I am, he mumbled and she smiled seeing how he was still in bed. What a beautiful view, she smiled as he floated in the waters next to her. 

These packlands are very beautiful, Minzy couldn't help but agree. How has the help from the Eclipse members been so far?

They have been a great help showing us their ways of how to rebuild our packlands. 

Have they now? It sounds like we both have been hard at work, Minzy smiled over at him as they lay in the comfort of his bed. 

What have you been hard at work with?

Minzy sighed as she turned away to look up at the sky, I used to think that if only I gave Mino kids then maybe things would have turned out differently. But now I know that kids can't be the glue to a relationship even though I do want children...

So you're telling me you want children, he eyed her side profile. 

She did, but coming from his mouth it made her feel some type of way as she went quiet. ..It's been a long day. I think I'm going to turn in. 

Alpha Jiyong decided against pressuring an answer out of her as he sat up and grinned, Rest well and keep up the good work. 

You as well, she grinned as she moved out of the waters. 

"Your powers are quite amazing," Alpha Siwon's voice boomed. "You're on the other side of the world and you can still mindlink someone." 

"Some people can be in the same room and still not connect with another," Minzy shrugged knowing this had been the case for her in the past. 

Alpha Siwon chuckled knowing her jab was unintentional, "I did what you asked." 

"And..." Minzy asked. 

"And I'm truly sorry that I doubted your abilities this morning. My Luna and I are forever indebted to you," he bowed deeply. 

"You can show me your appreciation by continuing to love and listen to her through whatever hardships you both my face," Minzy nodded in understanding. 

"That is all you require of me," he said in awe.

Minzy chuckled as she nodded, "It's not an easy task, but yes. Do this and you will be the leading example your pack needs and won't need my assistance any more." 

"I understand," Alpha Siwon said. "I'm eternally grateful that the Gods have favored me enough to allow you to walk our lands." 

"The praise is a little much, save it for the Gods," she waved him off as she shifted and moved to rush down the mountain side. 

 

The next few days had breezed by and the next thing she knew she was on the private jet heading back. "Thank you for your hard work," Beta Amber said as they exited the plane. 

"It was my honor and privilege to help the Eclipse pack," Minzy bowed as she shifted her gaze out to the dessert planes. She felt her chest tighten as concern filled her mind that was then blocked by Beta Teddy. She cleared as she looked back to Beta Amber who stood at the borders to embrace her comrades who had been helping the Crimson Crawler pack. "Farewell Beta Amber," Minzy grinned as she turned to shift and bolt her way into the dessert. 

Alpha Jiyong I'm heading back to the dessert lands.

Why are you rushing off so quickly? Does seeing me in person scare you, he teased.

Minzy inwardly felt that seeing him was a bit nerve wracking, even though they had been in contact with one another every day it was different. She didn't know how to explain it, but luckily she didn't have the time to explor it. I have some business to attend to.

I understand. Please travel safely, the warmth and concern for her well being came clearly through her mind. Grinning at such comforting feelings sent her way, she bid farewell before taking longer strides. 

 

Minzy could see the forbidden city up ahead. She had travelled a day and a half straight at a steady pace. Her wolf didn't have a problem with it either, being as this was the longest time she had ever been out and about. As she neared the city, she could sense the concern becoming more alerting to something dangerous. Beta Teddy, Minzy's voice echoed through the city. 

Racing into the city, she could hear the rukus of lycans growling and surrounding her mansion. Narrowing her gaze on what seemed to be the leader of the rowdy group, she lunged in and pounced. Growling loudly to warn off any wolf who dared take her on as she pummelled the wolf to the ground. "What is all this noise you're making," she snapped as she looked at the wolves that circled around her. 

"Healer," Beta Teddy gasped in awe seeing how she swooped in to strike at the headache he had been dealing with since her absence. 

Shoving her paw against the wolf's face, she glared at the wolves moving in, "You attack but I will kill there is a difference." One wolf decided to challenge her words as he bull rushed her from the side. The force was met with a brick wall as she swiped at wolf with ease and tore through the wolf's neck with her razor sharp teeth. "Whose next," she growled as she spat the blood and chunk of fur from . Two more wolves went rushing in to be dealt with accordingly. Minzy had striked with strength and speed as the two wolves feel to the ground to meet their death. Her wolf was panting with excitement as she trotted back over to the wolf who lay cowering into a ball, "Would you like to tell me what the is going on," she growled. 

"It was a misunderstanding your greatness," the wolf tried to say as the others bowed in submission. 

She huffed as she trotted over to Beta Teddy, "Do you know who this man is?" 

"Be..Beta Teddy," the wolf stuttered. 

"Since he knows more of what havoc you have caused. He will pass your sentence," she huffed as she glared to the others. "It's the same for the rest of you. Whatever Beta Teddy feels is appropriate I stand by his decision." The wolves howled in horror as other wolves from the city surrounded them awaiting the verdict of Beta Teddy while Minzy took her leave to the mansion. 

 

Minzy let out a sigh of relief being in her covers. She had taken a well deserved bath in the waters of Nivea brought in by the maids as well as enjoyed a light dinner before heading to bed. Now that she was in the comfort of her bed, she was ready to let sleep take her before a knock came at her door. "Come in Beta Teddy," she mumbled as she sat up. Grinning as the man bowed deeply, she frowned seeing that he looked worn out. "What is the matter?" 

"I've killed the leader of the rampage and had the others swear to take their own life before ever trying to betray your trust again," he frowned.

"Did you feel like it was a fair judgement," she asked to which he nodded. "Then don't trouble yourself Beta Teddy I trust you." 

"You trust me a little too much," he breathed with all the worry of the world on his back. 

Minzy looked at him with concern, "What do you mean by that?" 

"I couldn't stop this rebellious group because the leader was a good friend of mine for years," he admitted. "How am I supposed to lead when I let my relationships get in the way of doing so?" 

Minzy could feel that he was tormenting himself over how he had not handled the situation in her absence. "Beta Teddy I don't expect you to be perfect. But I do expect you to take some time for yourself to mourn a dear friend. I will take things on for the next few days." 

"I...I can't just up and leave," he was unsure what to say. "I am your Beta..."

"And as such, I command you to take some time off to mourn someone that is close to you. Take the time to gain the closure you need so that you can be the Beta I need for my next leave," she instructed him. Bowing in reverence, he turned to take his leave. Grateful he didn't argue any further, she snuggled further into her covers. 

 

Minzy awoke to the light tapping at her door. She stayed still as the maids came filing in. Though she wanted to sleep a little longer, she knew that Beta Teddy had instructed the maids to wake her and make sure she was ready for the day. As the curtains were drawn back, she also arose to meet the maids with a lazy grin, "Good morning." 

"Morning," they greeted her in unison. 

As they dressed her, they informed her of various things that had been happening while she was away. Some were of gossip which was meaningless information that she let go in one ear and out the other. Then there was the concerning part of how the influx of lycans making their way to the forbidden city to see this so called healer. It was one thing to see, but the strain of limited supplies was making it difficult for those who actually lived in the dessert planes. Apparently other packs had travelled to send their agendas for her to visit their packlands as well, which only added to the pressures felt upon the community. 

"There must be a better way to go about this," she mumbled as she insisted that her maids join her for breakfast. 

"We shouldn't," one blushed in embarassment.

"Don't be silly. This feast is more than I can handle," she waved off their concern. "Please join me since I don't have anyone to help me with all this food." 

"What of the Alpha from Crimson Crawlers," one maid spoke up causing everyone to give her a scolding look that had her quickly bowing her head in respect. "I...I apologize." 

Minzy cleared as she stared at the young woman for a moment before looking at the other maids who dared not look her in the eyes, "What of this Alpha from Crimson Crawlers? Why would you bring him up?" The bold maid slowly shifted her gaze from side to side before looking to Minzy with an apologetic smile, "Speak frankly with me for I think I can handle whatever gossip you've heard about me." 

The maid shrugged as she kept her head bowed in respect, "It's not gossip your greatness. I...I can smell it on you. You smell different." 

"What do you mean I smell different? My scent has changed," she asked curiously as she tried to sniff herself unsure of what the maid meant. 

"Yes," she breathed softly. "It's not a bad thing to be unscented..." 

"How can I be unscented when I haven't even been with him," Minzy growled in confusion. Her growl startled the maids, especially the one who was speaking that had quickly shut for the fear of making her even more angry. Feeling the fire burning deep in her belly, she did her best to get a grip, "I apologize. I just don't understand. I thought the only way to be unscented is through an intimate encounter." 

One of the older maids stepped up to assist the once bold maid, "Intimacy can be shared in other ways outside of the physical realm of things. Yes, usually lycans become unscented through but on rare occasions one can be unscented through other forms of connection." 

Minzy was blown away by this revelation. She had never heard of such thing, yet she couldn't find it in herself to be surprised. The things that were happening to her as of late were very out of the ordinary for regular lycans, "So...then male wolves won't be zombie s around me?" This made the maids chuckle and nod. "I guess that's one less thing to worry about." 

 

Minzy stood at the large window that looked out towards the direction of the Crimson Crawler packlands. Gripping the window seal, she stood quietly wondering what to do. Minzy, his voice echoed in her mind unnerving her. 

How...she couldn't understand how he was contacting her when she had to initially always make the first contact. 

I don't know. I just sensed your presence in my mind as if you wanted to reach out to me, he said as he walked the dirt trails in the forest of trees near the mansion. Is there something wrong?

Why would there be something wrong, she was quick to defend herself. 

I just thought since you've been creeping on me instead of initiating the conversation as well as the fact that I didn't hear from you yesterday. I just thought that there was something wrong. But if not, I'm grateful to sense your presence, he grinned over at her. 

She walked along side him and grinned, his light manners had her feeling more at ease. I apologize, I travelled straight to the forbidden city without stopping. But uh...that's not why I was being a creeper as you suggested.

I don't mind you creeping on me. I've been doing the same as well.

She tilted her head to one side to gaze at him in confusion, You've been creeping on me?

That's beside the point, what is the matter, he waved off her comment to focus on what was weighing on her mind. 

She went quiet as she continue to walk along side him, ...Alpha Jiyong do you...do you feel anything different about yourself?

Different as in physically? Yes, I'm pretty tired. Emotionally I'm feeling a bit lighter hearing your voice, he smiled brightly at her. 

Will you show me your mark, she asked as they walked into the gardens. He nodded as he stopped to his shirt to reveal his chest to her. She gawked in surprise to see that the mark was still present and not fading one bit. Reaching out, she was surprised that she could ghost her fingers across it and watched as he shivered. "How did you do that," he said amazed to feel a faint, but very present touch brush against his skin. 

How is this possible, she mumbled to herself in amazement before pulling away to turn and leave. 

Wait, he called after her. I do feel different. I...feel confident with you, he grinned. Good night Minzy.

Minzy tore her gaze away from the window and pressed her back against the cool wall. Feeling her heart pounding, she wondered why the hell he felt confident while she felt scared as hell with being unscented.