38.

The Broken

Minzy was surprised to see Bom and Jennie awaiting her arrival. Smiling as she was embraced by the pair, she scurried away to shift and get changed so that she could rejoin them. Taking a seat at the table, she was grateful for the grand feast of a breakfast that covered the entire table. Waving for Beta Seunghyun to take a seat next to her, she gazed at the three and felt her heart lighten. "How did you all know I was coming?"

"Commander Dara," Jennie cheekily spoke up. "She told us that she was going to make sure you were here for the big thing going on with Alpha Jiyong."

Nodding, Minzy grinned to Bom who gave her a scolding look, "Either way we're glad you're home." 

The four talked about all the hard work that went into preparing such a hefty breakfast. Chuckling at little Jennie who imitated some of her cooking skills, she excused herself hoping they would understand. "I would like to rest for a little while." 

"But of course," Bom smiled. 

"I will help clean up, since it's the least I can do for intruding on a great breakfast," Beta Seunghyun nodded for Minzy to take her leave. 

Grateful to the two who let her off the hook, it was little Jennie who followed Minzy up, "Your ring is still safely kept in its box on your dresser. I've told Alpha Jiyong I would watch it like a hawk until you got back." 

Entering her room, she looked to the box and picked it up before mindlessly looking to little Jennie, "Would you like the ring? It deserves to be worn by someone who cares for it so." 

But little Jennie vigorously shook her head and frowned, "That would be stealing, Alpha Jiyong gave that ring to you." 

Clutching the small box in hand, she moved to kneel before little Jennie and placing it in her hands, "It's not stealing if it was never meant to be mine in the first place." Closing the young girl's fingers around the box, she nudged it towards her, "When you see Alpha Jiyong give this back to him will you?" 

"I don't understand," little Jennie pouted. 

Minzy smiled sadly at the little girl, "I told you I wasn't a princess." Standing to her feet, she ruffled Jennie's hair before sending her on her way. Closing the door shut to her room, she walked over to the window to look out into the city. Standing in the quiet, she frowned at the knock at her door. Staying quiet, she hoped she could be left alone. 

"Minzy? Minzy may I talk to you," Bom called through the door. When there wasn't an answer, Bom slowly peeked her head in to see Minzy staring out the window. Slipping into the room, she held the small box that Minzy had given little Jennie moments ago. "Hey," Bom cautiously said as she made her way into the room. "You wanna tell me why you're being so careless with the Luna heir loom?" 

"I wasn't careless," Minzy softly spoke as she kept her gaze trained out the window. "I gave it to the ring keeper. Jennie has done so well to protect it I figured she would be the best person to return it to Alpha Jiyong." 

"Minzy," Bom sighed. "What's going on? I'm so confused..." 

"When was I going to learn of this fight for consideration of Alpha Jiyong? Was it when it was over? Was it when I had no chance at being considered to be by his side," Minzy had shot out as she turned to face Bom who flinched away. "Please tell me the truth of what the hell is happening." 

Bom pressed her lips tightly together as she knew Minzy was too smart for her own good, "This has been in the works since your appearance on our lands. You've brought chaos and change to many traditions and our way of life. It is only natural for some to feel like their lives are being threatened by you. Not to mention the carelessness that has come upon Alpha Jiyong when it comes to you. It was the last straw for the pack when he had so abruptly left to seek you out. On his return it was demanded of him to have this fight for consideration or step down as Alpha." 

"So then you're telling me I shouldn't participate in the fight for consideration," Minzy asked unsure how to gauage the information that Bom had just laid on her. 

"No, now is the time to show the pack why change is good and that you deserve to be the up and coming Luna of our pack," Bom smiled. "Please understand that our pack's way has always been to stick to tradition, but that doesn't always mean it's a good thing." 

Minzy turned to look at the woman who she considered as a friend, "Then tell me this, what am I up against? Who is my competition?" 

Bom gave a nervous laugh as she shrugged, "There are a couple young women lined up. Alpha Jiyong has always been favored by the ladies, but there is one in particular that I would keep my eyes on. From what I understand she was his first love before our precious late Luna." The information made Minzy's heart sink as she continue to listen. "The two were inseperable growing up and in fact many thought they were going to end up together. It was until she had found her mate and moved out to the country side of our packlands to live a simple life with her mate. But due to the war between our pack and the Night Walkers, her mate was one of the men we lost. That's what is going around anyways, I don't really know much of the details." 

"I see," Minzy tried to sound as though she felt neutral about the news, when in fact she was saddened. 

Placing the box onto Minzy's dresser again, Bom grinned, "My money is on you." 

Grinning at Bom attempting to lighten the mood, she moved to hug the woman as she picked up the box and made her way out, "Thanks Bom." 

Minzy made her way back down stairs where she saw little Jennie talking with Beta Seunghyun. Grinning as she could sense the pair that was approaching her door step, she moved to open the front door. Seeing both Commander Dara and Beta Teddy, she nodded for them to enter, "We still have a lot of breakfast left." 

"That sounds great," Beta Teddy huffed as he trudged himself up the steps. 

But Commander Dara declined as she gazed up at Minzy, "I'm going to have to decline I have some things to attend to." 

"At the mansion? Can I come with you," Minzy asked to which Beta Seunghyun appeared from behind. 

The Commander hesitated as she mindlinked Beta Seunghyun to help her get Minzy to stay. There were some things she wanted to discuss with Alpha Jiyong, especially the claims that Minzy had against him. "We have some things to attend to at the border. Maybe after we see to those things we can send for a car," Beta Seunghyun suggested.

Minzy could read through the stalling and pressed her lips tightly together, "Alright, that's fine. I'll go myself." 

"Wait," Commander Dara held her hands up as Minzy started to descend down the stairs. "Please don't go. Not yet. I'm begging you." 

Stopping in her tracks, Minzy gazed into the pleading eyes of Commander Dara. Beta Seunghyun slowly moved down to stand along side the Commander, "Please Minzy, heed to Commander Dara's words. We're not just trying to protect our Alpha, but you as well." 

Clutching the small box in her hand, she let out a sigh of frustration as she slightly nodded, "I will wait, but only until you send a car for me by the end of today. I'm doing this because I respect you both." 

"That is all we ask," Commander Dara bowed as she turned to take her leave with Beta Seunghyun. 

Returning back into the house, she chuckled seeing little Jennie eyeing Beta Teddy as she stood to block his way, "Minzy you know this guy?" 

"Yes, he's my friend," Minzy said as she moved to pinch Jennie's cheek. "Will you help me show my friend to the kitchen? He carried me most of the way here and must be starving from doing so." 

"You carried her all the way here," Jennie asked in disbelief.

Beta Teddy grinned as he nodded at the child, "Yeah and she threw a temper tantrum for half of it." 

Jennie giggled as she rushed over to take Beta Teddy's hand and guided him towards the kitchen, "Tell me all about it." 

Minzy followed the pair as she watched Beta Teddy tell Jennie in a comical way of how she acted. Chuckling from afar, Bom came to bump her shoulder against hers. "You didn't tell me you were bringing a handsome stranger over," Bom whispered ever so softly so that only Minzy could hear. 

This made Minzy grin as she turned to wrap an arm around the woman, "Should I introduce you to him?" Bom nudged Minzy, making her giggle as Bom quickly retreated before Minzy could embarass her further. 

 

Minzy was grateful that Jennie had found a new friend. After feed Beta Teddy all of breakfast, she gave him a tour. This allowed Minzy and Bom to play catch up and clean. Hearing how Bom had been able to save up money to be able to open a restaurant soon made Minzy proud. Bom told her of how she had planned to surprise little Jennie once she had bought a place. Embracing her friend for all her efforts, the two heard a loud squeal. The curiousity got the best of the pair as she went to find the source of such excitement. Opening Jennie's door, the two women became speechless, especially Minzy. There Beta Teddy sat a poofy pink tutu as Jennie held her makeup brush in hand.

"Mommy Beta Teddy said I could make him beautiful," Jennie said in a sing song voice. 

Stiffling a laugh as Beta Teddy gave the women a don't you dare look, the two women nodded as they turned to leave. "Alright now have fun. We're expecting to see the final result when you guys are done," Minzy said over her shoulder as the two women giggled as they walked away. Caught up in the moment, Minzy shook her head as the door bell rang. "I'll get it. You keep watch and make sure that Beta Teddy finishes that make over." 

"Gladly," Bom laughed. 

"I can still hear you guys," Beta Teddy called out making the pair laugh harder. 

Walking to the front door, she mindlessly opened it and was surprised by the starry eyes that met her own. "Alpha Jiyong," she breathed in confusion. 

He grinned, pleased by her surprised expression, "You sent for a ride?" 

"I did...but what are you doing here," Minzy asked still confused by his sudden appearance. 

"I've come for you. Are you ready," he asked with a smile. 

Not sure what was going on, she gazed over at the small box that caught her attention. Sighing, she picked up the box and grinned, "Yeah, I guess I am." Before she was going to walk out the door, Bom looked at her curiously, "I'll be back." Not waiting for a response, Minzy turned and followed the Alpha out and towards the car. Clutching the small box, she nodded a thanks as he opened her door for her before he walked around to enter. 

"Where are we going?" 

"To the garden please," Minzy sadly smiled as she looked out the window. 

"The garden it is," Alpha Jiyong said as he sped off.