24.

The Broken

The anticipation was killing her as she slowly opened her eyes to be met with the starry eyes she had grown comfortable with, "What's wrong?" 

He huffed as he backed away to allow her space to sit up, "I've become a wreckless leader as I sought the words I have been dying to hear from you. But it's..."

"It doesn't feel right," she offered unsure if she should feel offended or hurt. 

"You feel right, but it is our timing that is off. I hope you understand," he tried to explain. 

She couldn't understand why she felt disappointed by his words as she pushed herself up onto her feet, "I understand..." 

Sensing her disappointment, he pounced and had her falling back onto the ground, "Please don't do that, you don't understand." He tried to look into her lavender eyes, but she denied him as she gazed away. "Minzy as much as I want to be a selfish man I must remember who I am to our pack. I am the Alpha and I have put my needs before our people for far too long. As much as I want to mark you it would not work now because of all the packs that threaten our borders. We can't leave our pack vulnerable in the process of mating it would very well destroy what's left of our pack." He nuzzled his snout into the side of her neck as he gave her as if pleading for her to understand. 

She felt guilty that she had forgotten the predicament they were currently in as she sighed, "I apologize that I so selfishly forgot of our pack." Turning her gaze back to his, she grinned, "Don't apologize for doing what you were chosen to do. My mind makes me doubt some times." 

"Don't doubt that when the time is right I will mark you and make you my mate," he said confidently. "I'm yours and you are mine with or without the mark." His words made her feel gittery as she gave him a small smile at his tenderness. "Now let me take you home before I lose all sense," he moved to allow her up on her feet. "You need your rest and I need to go for a long run to ease my built up emotions for you." 

"So forward," she mumbled teasingly as she jumped onto his back. Clutching the fur of his back as he bolted forward, she chuckled as he ran quickly. It was like she was flying as she released his fur and extended her arms out letting the breeze wrap around her body as he continue to run with full force. Gazing up at the moon that glowed with the stars shimmering, she grinned as she closed her eyes and embraced the moment. Before she knew it they were back in the city and in front of her home. Allowing him to come to a slow trott, she hopped off his back and smiled brightly at the wolf. "Thanks for the ride," she let her fingers run through his fur and he in turn nuzzled his face into the palm of her hand. "Good night," she grinned as she turned to enter her home. The house was pitch black, but that didn't faze her as lycans naturally had night vision. Flipping on the light, she was startled to see Bom sitting in the living room as if she had been waiting, " Bom, is everything okay?" 

Bom shrugged as she kept her arms folded as she stared at the young woman, "You tell me, is everything okay?"

Minzy chuckled as she walked over to sit across from Bom, "What do you mean by that?" 

"I've heard rumors but it seems as though they may be true," Bom said as she eyed Minzy. 

"Please just spit it out already, what are you going on about," she asked wanting to get to the point. 

"The person you went to see, was it Alpha Jiyong," Bom asked boldly. 

Minzy sighed as she shook her head, "No I ran into him on my way back. I actually went to see Yura." 

"Yura as Luna Yura," Bom asked to clarify. "Please take care of how you refer to her when talking with others. She is highly respected and feared in our pack."

"Luna Yura feared," Minzy asked her unsure if she had heard right. Yes she could see that Yura was one to be respected, but feared was a little far fetched in her opinion. 

Bom nodded, "Our Alpha before Alpha Jiyong had become so ill that he was bed ridden. In his stead Luna Yura took over to lead and protect our pack from both internal and external war fare. She protected her mate's title until his very last breath where she said she would step down as long as a worthy male lycan could lead and take her daughter as the next Luna. Alpha Jiyong won honorably and easily stolen the heart of our beloved late Luna Chaerin."

"I never knew that," Minzy said grateful to learn more history of the pack. "But yes, I went to see Luna Yura and ran into Alpha Jiyong." 

"You smell like him," Bom mumbled clearly smelling the scent of the Alpha waft in when Minzy walked in. 

"He did give me a ride back," Minzy shrugged. 

"Why would he do that," Bom asked curiously. "Why wouldn't he let Beta Seunghyun or anyone else for that matter do such a task?" 

"If you must know we are mates," Minzy said finding it surprising that the words had slipped out of before she had clearly thought it through. 

Bom's jaw looked as though it was coming unhinged as she stared at Minzy in disbelief, "Your mate is Alpha Jiyong?"

Minzy nodded, "I've already bit him." 

"You bit him," Bom repeated in a squeak. "You, bit our Alpha?" 

"We plan to complete the process as soon as everything settles," Minzy sighed feeling a weight come off her shoulders. Grinning at Bom that stood with her face droping in shock, she stood on her feet, "Thanks for the chat, but I have to get some rest for tomorrow." Minzy retreated to her room and sighed heavily. She figured it best to take a nice hot shower before getting some shut eye. It was the only time she could try and think of how to address the leaders tomorrow. 

 

Minzy awoke to the soft tapping on her bedroom door, slowly pushing her sleepy self up she shuffled over to the door. Flinging the door open, her blurry eyes landed on the small girl that stood looking up at her, "Breakfast is ready!" 

"Thanks Jennie, but I would like to sleep just a little while longer," she mumbled. 

"But I made it especially for you as a thank you for letting us live with you kind of thing," Jennie pouted. She yawned as she reached for a robe and slung it over her shoulders and dragged her feet until she found herself plopping down at the kitchen table. 

"Jennie did you force Minzy out of bed," Bom shook her head in disappointment as she placed the food onto the kitchen table before them all. 

"You said to," Jennie pouted. 

Bom chuckled, "I said to see if she wanted to join us silly girl." 

"Sorry Minzy," Jennie gave her an apologetic look. 

"It's fine," Minzy mumbled as she leaned her head upon her arms. "You'd think I wouldn't be so tired after sleeping like I did through the war and all." 

"So it was true? You were like sleeping beauty," Jennie gawked in disbelief. "What did you dream about?" 

"About a boy I used to love and...light," Minzy put it simply. 

"What about the light," Jennie asked completely intrigued about that part rather than the boy. Minzy giggled knowing very well that Jennie was still young to question the boy part. 

"Well...the light started like a small orb of light floating and then it got bigger until it became to big and cracked. Before shattering into a million sparkling stars and consuming me whole. It was like the light was absorbed into every fiber in my body. It felt light. It felt warm. It felt comforting as what one would think that light would feel like," Minzy shrugged not knowing how else to explain it. 

"I just got chills," Jennie shivered as she smiled at Minzy. "That sounds so cool." 

"It was cool," Minzy matched her smile. "Now should we eat before all this good cooking gets cold?" 

"Yeah," Jennie squealed happily as the three went to work at eating breakfast. 

A knock came at the front door and Minzy could sense that it was Beta Seunghyun. Grinning to the pair, she made her way to the front door, "Good morning." 

"Morning Minzy," Beta Seunghyun smiled brightly. "I brought you a gift from Alpha Jiyong." Beta Seunghyun extended out two wrapped boxes. As he placed the items into her hand, he instructed her to please wear the contents to the meeting today. 

"Umm...alright," she breathed not really given the opportunity to object. "Would you like to join us for some breakfast?" 

"I've had breakfast already thank you. My day started a while ago," he winked at her as he nodded to both Jennie and Bom. "See you at the meeting," he waved goodbye. 

"Let's see what Alpha Jiyong sent you," Jennie squealed as if she were the one receiving the gift. 

"Jennie," her mother scolded even though she too wanted to see what was in the nicely wrapped gifts. 

Minzy smiled as she sat down between the two and opened the first box to reveal shiny black stillettoes. Allowing Jennie to place them on her feet, Minzy chuckled as she moved to open the next box. Grinning at the crimson red gown, she knew it had to be some kind of politic stance as she pulled it out to see the material was light and flowed beautifully down to the ground. "So pretty," Jennie smiled. "Minzy can me and momma help you get dressed for your meeting?" 

"As long as you don't make me drown in glitter," Minzy stuck her tongue out remembering how long it took for her to scrub it all off. 

Bom smiled brightly as she placed a hand upon Minzy, "Don't worry we won't drown you in glitter." 

 

Minzy was grateful that Bom had given her a more natural look. Letting loose curls fall down her back and having her makeup be more natural looking balanced out the extravagent gown. She grinned seeing just how the gown clung to all the right curves all the while keeping her covered from head to toe. She fancied the thought of Alpha Jiyong purposely choosing the most material but figured he only put thought into the color of the dress. Thanking Bom and Jennie for their hard work, she figured it was best to be on her way when a knock came at the door. "I'll get it," Jennie rushed away as Bom stayed to look over Minzy's outfit once more. The smell of fresh fallen rain and earth musk drifted into the room and Minzy felt her chest tighten. Her eyes stayed focused on the mirror as Jennie came rushing back with a bright smile, "Alpha Jiyong has come to pick you up Minzy." 

Startled by the comforting hand of Bom on her shoulder, she grinned as Bom nodded for her to go, "Thank you." 

"Good luck," Bom smiled. 

Pinching her dress to pull it up a bit, she made her way to the front door where Alpha Jiyong stood in a tailored black suit and a crooked smile, "Good afternoon." 

"Good afternoon," she grinned as he held his arm out to her. She raised her eye brow at him and slowly slipped her hand onto his arm. Quietly letting him her to the car, he opened the door for her to allow her in. His gentleman like manners made her fully aware of the various eyes that watched their every move. When he had closed the door, she was able to exhale after he hopped in the car and drove off. 

"Are you nervous," he asked breaking the silence. Staring out the window as he sped out of the city, she honestly wasn't. At least not as nervous as she was about being in the car with him. "You don't have to be nervous. We got this," he encouraged her as he reached out to brush the back of his hand against her knee that was closest to him. His touch made her stiffen as she balled her hands up. "You know I chose that dress with the intention to keep you covered up so that no one would look at you in any disrespectful way but..." He bit his lower lip as he glanced over at her. When he had went quiet, she gazed over to meet his starry eyes that burned brightly. "Even though you're covered from head to toe you're still tempting." 

She coughed a laugh as she mindlessly let her hand go to smack his arm to have him catch her wrist. She was surprised and curious as she stared at where they were connected. He easily slipped his hand against hers and intertwined their fingers before he brought her hand against his lips. Brushing his lips against the back of her hand she watched his eyes burn even brighter and could tell he was partly starting to shift into his wolf form. "You're gonna get us into a car accident," she chuckled as she pulled her hand away, feeling the warmth of his hand still present on her skin. Shaking the thought, she stayed focused on the rolling hills. Missing the warmth of his hand, she clasped her hands together in her lap, "Alpha Jiyong..."

"Yes," he replied liking how his name rolled off her tongue like a sweet tune to his ears. 

"I promise to wear your mark once this madness is all straightened out, but can you promise me something," she asked.

"Anything," he found himself saying knowing that he would give the world to mark her. 

"Will you be patient with me as I try to heal and most importantly will you tell me when you no longer want to bare my mark before it's too late," she said with a heavy heart. 

Though he was enraged that she would think so little of him, he stopped himself from reacting as he knew where she was coming from. She was speaking out of experience of a severed bond and other hardships she had yet to share with him. Resisting the urge to reach out and touch her, he had to prove that he was worthy of her vulnerability. He wanted her to know that he wanted more than just her body. He wanted all of her. "Yes, as long as you do the same for me. I need you to be patient with me for not having any experience in this mating process." 

She was grateful that he didn't try to argue, "Deal." Reaching over she hooked her pinkie with his, which made him chuckle as he then intertwined their fingers and rode in peaceful silence towards the mansion. 

 

When they arrived at the mansion, she waited and allowed Alpha Jiyong to make his way around and open the door for her. Slipping her arm over his more comfortably this time, she walked into the mansion and noticed how everything appeared to look back to order. Pulling out of Alpha Jiyong's grasp, she allowed him to talk with Beta Seunghyun and Commander Dara as she excused herself for a moment. Slipping out of the mansion and into the gardens, she inhaled the soft flowery scent and walked further into the gardens. A big smile was plastered on her face seeing Yura hard at work building character as she pulled weeds. "Luna Yura are you building character right now," Minzy called out to her as she approached the woman. 

Yura turned and chuckled as she stood to her feet to see the young woman who looked like royalty before her, "Yes one can never stop growing and don't call me Luna Yura." She scruntched her nose up at her, "I'm Yura to you." 

"Alright, but I have to address you as Luna Yura when others are around. I was lectured about it," Minzy shrugged. 

Yura scoffed as she shook her head, "Don't listen to our packlands. They say they talk a lot of ." 

Minzy chuckled as she folded her arms over her chest, "So I'm guessing you heard of the meeting taking place today?" 

"I did," Yura nodded.

"And what do you think," Minzy asked. She had to get Yura's opinion for she was once the fierce leader that had led the Crimson Crawlers.

Yura shrugged as she thought about it, "Before tradition it's the pack. The pack always comes before ourselves." 

"I will put the pack first," Minzy nodded.

"Remember that you're representing both Crimson Crawlers as well as the dessert lycans. You need to find a balance between the both of them. It does not help that the Gods have selected you to also possess such gifts of healing that may very well trump pack priority." Yura shrugged, "Can't forget your complicated relationship with Alpha Jiyong. You're out of luck." 

Minzy bursted out in laughter, "Tell me about it." 

Yura laughed as she shook her head, "You don't need luck." She pointed to Minzy's chest before pointing to her forehead. "You have your heart and mind that will guide you. You'll know what is the best choice when it is time to make a decision." 

"Thanks Yura, if you're still here after the meeting maybe I will come back to help you out," Minzy smiled brightly at the thought of working in the garden again. 

"I would like that. Now go before you're late," Yura shooed her away. 

Giggling at Yura, she turned to see various leaders staring down at her. One in particular being Amber of the Eclipse pack. She stood intently staring over at her before tearing her gaze away to talk with her group. Minzy's smile faded as she regained compose and walked back to the mansion. The servants led her to the grand hall where other leaders stood around a long table that had Alpha Jiyong standing at the head of it with both Beta Seunghyun and Commander Dara. The hall appeared to quiet at her arrival and she bowed slightly as the others bowed deeply. 

"Come sit here and everyone else may be seated where they please," Alpha Jiyong gestured for Minzy to take the seat to the right of him. As Minzy moved to stand at the seat she was assigned to, Alpha Jiyong told everyone to please take a seat. "Thank you all for joining us here on this day. We are well aware of why you all are here and will receive you the best we can until your return home. But like you all may feel, one's welcome on foreign lands can only last so long. So please if anyone of you would like to take the floor and share what they have to say, the floor is now open." 

Beta Amber was the first to stand as her other soldiers stood along side her, "Alpha Jiyong we are grateful for your hospitality and assure you that we will be out of your hair as soon as we discuss our business with the queen of the dessert lycans." Beta Amber narrowed her gaze on Minzy and she grinned, "Queen and healer are your two titles that we the Eclipse pack would like to address today. We would like to be an ally. We want to extend an invitation for you to come see our Alpha."

"Our Alpha has sent for you as well," other packs chimed in as their attention was focused on Minzy. 

"Obviously you are one person, but we all are in need of your help dear Queen and healer," Beta Amber bowed deeply. 

Minzy stood on her feet and sighed as she gazed about the room to the various leaders, "I'm deeply touched and honored that you all recognized some of my titles, but another title you all forget to see is that I am also a member of the Crimson Crawler pack that has under gone many harships due to my presence. As I am grateful that you all have travelled from afar to see me, I currently have many responsibilities to attend to." 

"We did not intend to offend any of your great titles and are indeed grateful that the Crimson Crawler pack as allowed us this time. But like I have mentioned we each have come in great need of your help. There must be a way to have you fulfill your responsibilities all the while try to find time to visit our packs," Beta Amber begged. 

"I..." she bit her tongue as she was at war with her selfishness and her sense of duty. Sighing, she regretfully gazed to Alpha Jiyong before turning her attention back to the people awaiting her answer. "There is a way," she softly breathed. "I will visit your packlands as a guest for a few days and in return each day that I am with your pack you will provide men and women to support the Crimson Crawler packlands in my stead. When I return your men and women will return back." 

"A few days," Alpha Jiyong frowned displeased to hear her suggestion to be away.

"I feel that is too short of a time to be able to truly help a pack," Beta Amber frowned.

"I don't want to be introduced as an honorary guest. I want to get in, do my job and be done with it. This is why you all will prioritize and make an agenda for me right when I touch down on your pack lands. If I feel that my time is being wasted I will simply move on to the next pack. This will allow me to see about two packs within a week then return back to fulfill my duties to the Crimson Crawlers and the dessert lycans." 

"It sounds reasonable," Beta Amber spoke up with a few grunts to agree. 

"Good because that is the best I can offer. I have no preference where I start. Whoever can send me their agenda first I will review and go from there," Minzy said. 

"So that's the plan we're going with or is there any other suggestions," Alpha Jiyong spoke up as if he didn't really like her suggestion. 

"What do you suggest Alpha Jiyong," Minzy turned it back on him. 

He shrugged, "Maybe having the packs send the people here that you need to tend to." 

"I thought of that, but it makes more sense that one person go to the group rather than having the group come to us. Plus it would burden the Crimson Crawlers as well as the surrounding packlands to have so many foreign lycans roaming the lands," Minzy sighed. 

"Queen and healer Minzy is correct, her suggestion appears to be the best option for all of us," Beta Amber spoke up. "We the Eclipse pack agree to your terms and will gladly submit the agenda as soon as we have discussed it with our Alpha," Beta Amber stood and bowed respectfully. 

Others followed as they too stood and bowed deeply. "Then it's settled, that will be the plan going forward unless other things come up. Thank you all for coming from afar, but I feel that now since we've come to a conclusion I would so humbly ask that you all make haste with returning to your respective packlands," Minzy smiled to all of them and bowed slightly. 

"Gladly," Beta Amber nodded as she and her group took their leave. 

Minzy was grateful that everyone took their leave promptly leaving only her with Alpha Jiyong, Beta Seunghyun and Commander Dara. Gazing over to the three leaders of the Crimson Crawlers, Minzy could sense the tension as Alpha Jiyong stood staring out the window at the gardens. "Leave us," his voice boomed as both Beta Seunghyun and Commander Dara gave her sympathetic looks before clearing the hall. Unsure of how to approach him, she slipped back into the chair he had asked her to sit in. "I'm starting to believe that the Gods don't really like me." His words surprised her as she quietly watched him from her seat. Sadly chuckling as he shook his head, he turned to finally gaze upon her, "I can feel it." 

"What can you feel," she softly asked as he walked up to where she sat. 

When he was standing before her, he ripped open his tailored button down dress shirt to show her his mark, "It's fading. The mark you gave me is about to fade before we have a chance to do anything about it." He was right as she looked to see how the teeth marks appeared to be faint. "You have been the only thing that makes sense. You are what I want and need but I can't have you. Is that why you gave in? You knew I couldn't really have you so you just agreed to keep me quiet until your plan became clear," he sounded wounded as if he was on the verge of cracking. 

"Alpha Jiyong please don't taint such a beautiful moment we had," she sadly spoke. "You gave me the courage to say yes, but our current circumstances have brought us out of the clouds. I have to put the pack first. The pack is struggling because of me and if I can make it a little better for everyone else then I will." 

He resisted the urge to reach out to her and take her into his arms, she was right and yet it did not make him feel any better, "Pack before love?" 

Minzy's jaw almost came unhinged at the mention of love. The way his eyes shined as he leaned upon the table and stared down at her to respond. "Our pack needs us..." she mumbled. Balling her hands into fists, she summed up what wits she had left as she stared at him with as much conviction as she could, "Pack before... anything." Standing on her feet, she moved to take her leave knowing if she stayed any longer she would falter. 

 

Author's Notes: haha of course I would make things a little harder for these two to get together. And lookie here, I decided to skim through and post this sooner than later as promised. Hope everyone is having a good start of their week. Until the next update...