20.

The Broken

Minzy sat curled  up in the tub sulking for so long that her skin started to prune up and even the maids had come to check in on her. She didn't respond to any of them as Beta Teddy came to see her staring off in space. She didn't acknowledge his presence as he called out to her and seemed to not be able to reach her through the mind link. Slowly approaching the woman who seemed to be under some kind of trance, he knelt down and softly called out to her, "Healer?" Placing his hand upon her shoulder he froze as the painful emotions and memories flashed before him in a continual time loop. He felt like he was being into her mind and nearly failed to pull himself out as he forced his hand away from her. Gasping in a sigh of relief to be out of whatever she was going through, he frowned feeling light headed and drained. "Healer," he called out to her again, this time firmly as if hoping his voice would shake her out of it but to no avail she was still stuck in her thoughts. Huffing the thought of the two strangers came to mind and thought that maybe they could help her. 

Minzy cried as she extended her arms out to let the fires consume her, but it was all in vain as instead of her dying it was Youngbae who had died in her arms. Craddling his lifeless body and realizing that her love was selfish for so many years. So selfish as she decided to rot away and to dissolve into nothing. But as her body began to wither, she moved to find herself catching Youngbae with the other woman. Running as hard as her feet could take her she found her hands bloodied as the heart of that woman lay before Youngbae. The grief and pain in his eyes was not for her. No it was for the human woman in his arms as she gave into the consuming fires. The fire that burned out into pure darkness. No light and no sound but the sobbing that was her voice. was raw from all the crying and painful emotions she could no longer stomach. Ready to give her spirit to the other side the lights flickered as she looked to see the starry eyes fall upon her. Alpha Jiyong moved with strength in each stride and in one swift motion had her up and in his arms with ease. Seeing his eyes shining down at her, she buried her face into his chest and she could feel a soothing warmth that brushed against her face as she moved her face further into him. She clung to him as she inhaled his scent and felt her fangs start to elongate. Her wolf was about to break out which brought her out of her mind and into the moment.

Snapping out of her trance, she was confused to be wrapped in Alpha Jiyong's arms. "What's going on," she mumbled as she reluctently moved out of Alpha Jiyong's embrace and stood to her feet. Pulling the blanket to cover her body, she found herself in her bedroom quarters with Beta Teddy, Dara, and Alpha Jiyong all around her. 

"You were stuck in your mind. The maids and I couldn't seem to help you snap out of it so I got some help," Beta Teddy spoke up as he nodded to Dara and Alpha Jiyong. 

Turning away from the group, she had to gather her thoughts. "I need a moment alone with Alpha Jiyong." She stayed quiet as Beta Teddy and Dara made their way out to leave the two alone. "I...I didn't mean to bite you," she softly spoke. "It was my wolf that was in full control last night." 

"I know," he breathed. "Your wolf told me so." 

Turning she eyed him suspiciously, "You knew yet you let her bite you?!" 

"I'm not going to mark you back unless you want me to if that's what you're getting at," he snapped. "I practiced great restraint to not do so because I knew it was only your wolf I was with." 

Minzy went quiet as she pressed her lips tightly together. Gazing at Alpha Jiyong she could feel the warmth radiating off of him. "Can I...see it?" He stiffened as he nodded and moved to remove his shirt. Grimacing at the teeth marks that had punctured his skin, it was still reddish and starting to swell. Subconsciously she had moved to him and ghosted her finger tips along the teeth marks on his skin to hear him grunt. Pausing in the process, she looked up at him to gauge what he was feeling.

"Your touch is soothing the pain," he mumbled as her fingers felt like cooling packs. 

"Oh," she softly said as she pressed her palm at the cent of it to hear him groan in pain and pleasure. "Would you like me to heal it," she cooed as she kept her hand planted on the mark. It was a comforting warmth that made her wolf purr as she stood somewhat relieved for skinship. 

Alpha Jiyong's wolf pleaded to be let out and mark her in return. He was getting really jumpy and the only relief he was getting was from her touch. Placing his hand upon hers to stay her, he locked his gaze with hers, "Don't insult your wolf. I will wear your mark proudly." 

"But..."

He lifted her chin to lock her gaze with his, "I promise I will not complete the mating process until you are ready." Leaning forward to where he was only a breath away,  he inhaled her soft lavender scent. His senses told him it was untainted and untouched. He didn't understand why she smelt that way as he trained his eyes on her. Gazing down to where her mark used to be it was gone. Brushing his finger tips along the right side of her neck it was as if it had vanished without a trace. How had he not noticed? He wondered if that was why he found himself so forward with her. Was that why she was so irrestiable? Was that why he so willingly submit to her wolf last night? Closing his eyes as his fangs elongated, he tried his best to keep his wolf at bay. The Gods have granted us this great gift. She is no longer claimed. We must take her before anyone else does, his wolf was panting with driven desire, "It won't be too long now," he told his wolf out loud as he withdrew from her for the fear of losing self control. "You will be mine," he said confidently before turning to take his leave.

Blinking in surprise, she found it hard to process what had just happened. Taking a moment to breath, she exhaled softly when Teddy approached her door, "Come in." 

Beta Teddy nodded as he stood before her, he had heard everything despite being away. But she didn't mind one bit seeing as she was trying to grasp what was happening to her, "Are you going to complete the process?" 

She turned away not wanting to face such a loaded question, "I would rather not." 

It was quiet as Beta Teddy replayed the brief moments of her tortured thoughts in his mind, "Then what are you going to do? Kill all the lycan males?" He knew the question was foolish to ask, but he had to get her thinking. "Healer I may not know your past but it is my duty to advise you that you make up your mind by the end of the fight for consideration. If not that guy, then you should choose someone else."

Turning she bore her eyes into his, "What of you? Would you like me to choose you?!" She knew it was wrong to take it out on him, but she had no one else to turn to at the moment. 

He flinched before sighing softly, "I am your Beta...and if I were to be the one that unscented or marked you then I could no longer hold that title you blessed me with."

She knew it was cruel to mock him as she let out a sigh of defeat, "Beta Teddy I just...I just don't think I can be marked again." He took one whiff and looked at her confused. What did she mean again? She nodded in understanding, "I had a mate, but he is now on the Other Side. When I was blessed with my powers I was also blessed with a second chance. The Gods removed my mark." 

Quietly taking in her words, he heard nothing but sincerity in her voice, "The Gods removed the mark but not the memories?" She nodded as her hand traced the right side of her neck. "Maybe it's a good thing they didn't do that."

"Why," she looked at him with tears filling her eyes. "Why would they be so cruel?"

"I would imagine the Gods allowed you to keep your memories because of the gifts you have as a healer. How can you heal when you don't have the slighest clue of what pain or suffering is? To know of something is one thing, but to actually experience it for yourself is something entirely different," Beta Teddy advised. "Is it cruel or is it wise? The decision lies with you." 

She pressed her lips into a thin line as she thought of his wise words, "Thank you Beta Teddy for your wisdom." 

"It is my honor," he bowed deeply. "It is best that you prepare for the fight for consideration to end the celebration," he said before taking his exit. 

 

Minzy stood at the throne in the dark blue gown that was made for her, grinning at the crowd her eyes immediately found Alpha Jiyong's from a distance. He stood with Dara at his side as she forced her gaze to look anywhere else, "My good fellow rogues as promised I will commence the fight for consideration." The crowd cheered with excitement being the first time it had ever been done on uncharted lands. "There will be four trials you will have to complete and by some miracle you accomplish all four I will consider you. Now the first trial is simple..." her words echoed as the crowd went completely silent. "If you can provide Beta Teddy with my real name you will be told your next task. If not then you will forfeit from then on. Let the games begin..." 

 

Minzy chuckled at the various names Beta Teddy had mindlinked to her, they were very cute and endearing as she turned down each one. Sitting upon her bed as she wondered how they were coming up with such names, a soft knock came at the door as a maid entered. "Great leader," the maid bowed deeply. "I am but a lowly servant, but I have come to seek your help." 

"What is it," Minzy asked as she stood on her feet. 

The maid bit her lower lip as she kept her gaze away, "If at all possible I would to know if you could heal my father." Minzy froze as her name was mindlinked to her, Who was that? 

Is that your name, Beta Teddy asked not surprised by the guy and woman that stood before him knowing her true identity. 

Yes, yes it is. The next trial will take place tomorrow at midnight. At the cliffs near by, only the people who are competing can be at the disclosed location.

Understood.

Refocusing on the woman at hand, she grinned, "What is wrong with your father?" 

"He was trying to protect me," she began to tear up. "I should've listened. I should've stayed home, but I wanted to join in on the fun of the celebration going on..."

"Did someone try to hurt you," Minzy asked as she watched the maid nod sadly. 

"One of the lycan males tried to force himself on me..."

"Come here," Minzy's senses heightened no longer wanting to hear what she was going on about. Seeing the maid fumble towards her, she bowed her head in submission. "Look me in the eyes," Minzy spoke with power. 

The maid looked up and in an instant Minzy saw the world through the maid's eyes. She had gone out with a few other maids before they all parted ways to go home. On the way home a male lycan began to follow her. Stopping at a distance he would do the same. "Please leave me alone," she said as she began to pick up her pace. Gazing back he ignored her plea and sped up to her. Tackling her to the ground he growled as he fought her for dominance. The panic of her clothing being torn to shreds, she howled not realizing that she was being attacked in front of her home. Trying to hold back the tears as she tried to push him off of her, she continue to fight until a force knocked the male lycan over and it was her father. He was already old aged, but he was somehow able to fight off the attack and have him submit. Bloodied and banged up, her father held strength in each stride. Helping her to her feet, he was able to hold his own before collapsing onto the ground. The maid cried as she helped her father up and into bed. Getting him covered up as he shifted back to his human form was all Minzy needed to see as she looked at the woman. 

"You are very brave, now take me to your father," Minzy said softly. The maid nodded as she did what she was told. 

Where are you going, Beta Teddy called out to her.

I'll be back, she simply said.

I'm coming with... 

It's fine...

No it's not. Just wait for me will you, leaving the lycan males abruptly for a break he shifted to quickly make it back to her before she was walking out of the mansion. There was that so hard, he huffed out of frustration. 

Who is this wolf, she asked ignoring his last comment and mindlinking Beta Teddy an image of the lycan she had just seen through the maid's mind. 

That's Bobby he is a new rogue...

Locate him and bring him to the mansion now.

But what of this, he asked as they approached the home of the maid. 

Now Beta Teddy, Minzy roared in her mind before gazing at the woman. "Don't worry, Beta Teddy was just escorting us. I will be the only one to enter the home." Minzy was grateful as Beta Teddy moved to do her bidding. Refocusing her attention to the maid, she followed her into the humble home. Walking alongside the bed where her father laid, he groaned as he tried to get up to greet her. Holding her hand out she grinned, "Please don't get up on my account." 

"What's going on," he mumbled grateful to not have to move. 

Minzy reached out to take his hand and suddenly felt the gnashing of teeth that sunk into his hind leg followed by his arm. The hard digs, nearly missing vital organs had her gasping out in pain. But it was the love for his daughter that had given him some extra boost as he used what strength he had to fend off the attacker and appear strong until they reached their home. Retreating her hand, Minzy grinned down at the brave man. If he could mask his pain she would do the same as the transference to her was complete. Standing in the pain that was blotched all over her body, she looked to the maid. "Would you like me to heal you as well," Minzy asked. 

The maid's eyes watered as her father sat up wide eyed that his pain and wounds had all but cleared, "No, you've done so much for me already." Racing over to her father, she ran into his embrace as she cried into her arms. "Thank you great leader, thank you so much," she cried harder. 

The man gave her a look of deep gratitude as he held his daughter tight. "I will take my leave then," Minzy said as she excused herself. Giving the family privacy, she let out a small hiss of annoyance at the pain in her upper thigh. Trying her best to stay calm, she took slow steps back towards the mansion. Feeling the eyes of many watching her every step, she couldn't afford to have someone try to approach her at the moment. 

He is here, Beta Teddy called out to her as she neared the steps. It was all the motivation she needed to push through the pain as she moved to see a crowd form around the man in question with Beta Teddy at the front of everyone. "Bow to your great leader," Beta Teddy said with confidence to which the lycan did as he was told. 

Minzy walked alongside Beta Teddy to look down at the beast, "Look at me." The male lycan hesitantly did what he was told and gazed up at her. In one quick swoop she had lifted him with ease and let her nails elongate into claws digging into his neck and puncturing his skin. "What am I to you?!" 

"You...you're our great leader," Bobby fumbled for the right words as his airway started to become constricted. 

"I'm so great that you defy me by trying to force yourself on one of my maids," she growled as she brought him closer. Watching as his eyes started to roll back she released him and watched as he gasped for air.

Reaching for his neck, he coughed and pleaded for her mercy, "Please, I didn't know who she was." 

"I should just kill you and be done with it," she said as if it was a chore for her. 

"Please, I beg you..." he was groveling at her feet. 

"Don't beg me for my forgiveness. Beg to the man and his daughter for the sins you've committed. Whatever judgement they pass will be your sentence," she said in a matter of fact tone. 

The young man howled and cried in disbelief, "I will not live to see tomorrow." 

"That is not for you to decide now will it," she said as she looked to Beta Teddy. "Take him to their home and carry out the sentence." 

He's just a dumb boy. 

And you're testing my patience. 

Beta Teddy stiffened as he nodded to Bobby, "Get up and let's go." 

"You're going to pass this boy's sentence off to the people he wronged," one of the lycans stepped up. Minzy kept Beta Teddy at bay as she let the lycan continue to speak. "She is only but a maid and you value her life over his," the lycan spoke in disgust. 

"Are you challenging my authority," Minzy spoke cooly. 

The crowd stepped away from the lycan in question as he faltered, "I just don't understand." 

"Are you sincere about understanding," she asked. "If so, please come forward." The lycan was unsure if it was a trap as he cautiously moved up to her. Taking him by the shoulder, she locked her gaze with his and showed him through the maid's eyes and understanding. The chase. The plea to stop. The fight. The helplessness of seeing her father fight. Pulling away, she stared at him watching the flicker in his eyes shift over to the young man. He growled as he charged at the young man, being caught by other lycans to calm him down. 

What did you show him, Beta Teddy asked curiously seeing how in mere seconds he went from defending to wanting to maul the young man. 

The truth, she said. "Take him and let justice take its course." 

 

Minzy was grateful to hear that the maid and her father had forgiven the young man and hoped that he would take it as a lesson of caution. Sighing as she sat in the waters of Nivea the water glowed in her presence when she heard Beta Teddy call out her name again. Confused that he was mindlinking her her name, she remembered the trials. Did you say my name twice to get my attention or was that two different people? 

Two different people. 

She didn't want to know who they were as she let out a heavy sigh. 

One of them announced your name proudly in front of other male wolves. So be expecting more to join in on the next trial. 

Minzy let the weight of his words sink with her into the waters. She couldn't understand how in the middle of nowhere she had been figured out. She now had to think of another trial that would be harder. As a thought came to mind, she hoped it would do the trick. 

 

Author's Notes: 

Welp back again for another random update. I thought I could do weekly but sadly that isn't the case. I'm heading back to school this coming week so I apologize I'll get to the next update as soon as I can. Hope you all are enjoying it though, if there's anyone reading this lol.