19.

The Broken

Minzy was showered with gifts and pledges of loyalty. Some of those pledges hinted to that of a proposal to be a partner or mate to which Beta Teddy would step in the end the praise. "Be on your way," Beta Teddy growled at the lycan. He had lost track of how many of the lycans had no shame. 

Minzy was grateful that Beta Teddy had cut in each time, "I think I would like to retire for the night..."

Beta Teddy nodded as he turned to the crowd, "We will end the night of praise and reconvene tomorrow during our celebration!" 

The crowd cheered and howled with praise for Minzy as she stood and nodded before taking her leave. As she was nearing the mansion she would be staying in, she was stopped by a female lycan that fell at her feet. "Please great leader. I've heard rumors that you're a healer.."

"Be gone with you woman," Beta Teddy roared. 

But Minzy raised her hand to stop Teddy as she bent down to the cowering woman, "My child...please help my child." 

Minzy could see the desperation in the woman's eyes, "Take me to your child." 

"She does not stay within the forbidden city walls," Beta Teddy growled. "It is far too dangerous for our new leader to leave our city..."

It's fine, she calmly spoke to Beta Teddy to prevent him from making a scene. "Lead the way," Minzy said gently as she helped her to her feet. The lycan nodded as she did what she was told. Following suit, Minzy stiffened as a hord of lycans flocked to follow including Teddy. "I will be fine," she said loud enough to stop the other lycans except for Teddy. 

"Let's get this over with," Beta Teddy grumbled as he walked past Minzy to follow the woman. 

Minzy didn't argue as she walked out to follow the woman who led them out of the city and towards a small tent. The humble settings made Minzy's heart hurt as the woman stood at the foot of the tent. "He's dying...I just can't..." the woman choked back the tears. 

Nodding, Minzy bent down to look in, but Teddy was quick to move the flimsy material to reveal the young child laying weakly on a raggedy pillow with a thin blanket. He was pale as if he had been struck with sickness for some time now and he had a film of sweat apparent on his fragile frame. Taking the child's hand in hers, she came to stand next to him and smiled as he stood staring at the door before him. "I'm scared," the young boy said as he squeezed her hand. 

"Don't be afraid. The other side is just the next part of living," Minzy cooed. 

He shook his head as he looked back and a silouhette of his mother stood behind them, "I'm scared for her. I want to stay and protect her." 

The love that radiated from the little boy had moved deeply, "Did you want to stay a little while longer to care for your mommy?" He nodded as he turned around to face the silouhette of his mother and watched as it began to fill in to reveal her smiling at him. Closing her eyes, Minzy quietly began to absorb his sickness. It was like she was hit by a brick wall as she flinched and fell to her knees. Shaking and trembling as her insides began to twist and churn, the thick sweat that formed all across her body almost made her feel like she was submerged in water. The light headed feeling of all the pain being transfered to her, made her amazed that the young boy had felt and gone through such pain all for the love of his mother. Crying out as she felt like she was being stabbed all over, she released the boys hand had gasped as she caught herself before falling onto the ground. 

"Healer," Beta Teddy was down on one knee to assess the leader. Furious to see her weak, he growled as he glared over at the woman. "The boy is healed," Minzy mumbled as she leaned against Teddy. I need the waters of Nivea, she said to Teddy. 

He nodded as he helped her to her feet, "He's a strong boy." 

"Momma," the boy said as he was miraculously able to sit up on his own. He gazed over to Minzy and smiled, "Thank you for letting me stay to protect my momma." The woman burst into tears as she fell on her knees and embraced her healed son. "I love you mommy," the boy breathed as he clung to his mother. 

Beta Teddy was unsettled by the miracle. It had been the first time seeing the Healer actually use the powers he had set out to get her for. As he stood amazed, he was even more so surprised as Minzy had already moved to take her leave. Minzy trembled as the sickness she had absorbed still ran through her body. She could sense the prying eyes that also witnessed the miracle and knew it came with the territory. 

"Let me care for you," a male lycan stepped up as he his lips. The wafting smell of her being unscented and unmarked made him bold. Yes he had seen her rip out Dongwook's heart, but she seemed a little weak after the miracle she had just performed. "C'mon baby..."

"I'm not your baby," Minzy hissed as the pain started to subside. 

The male lycan's instincts started to heighten as he neared her. She smelt ripe for the taking as he wanted nothing more than to claim her as his. Growling as he lunged over to her, he whimpered in surprise as he was caught by the throat. The strength of the hand clasping tightly at his neck made his eyes bulge as Beta Teddy glared at him, "You dare to disrespect our leader?" 

"Me and every other male," the male lycan whined as his throat was squeezed harder. 

Minzy looked to see the throngs of male lycans that had assembled as if ready to pounce on their prey. Growling she quickly shifted into her lycan form. Challenging the males to attack her, a few came charging and she swiftly knocked them down with ease. A couple more came out as if trying to bite and mark her, but she was too powerful for all of them. Howling as she asserted dominance, she glared at each lycan barring her fangs. They all could see that she was unfazed by the various attacks and could probably destroy all of them together with ease. Reluctently they all submitted to her as she roared and snapped for them to leave her be. Racing back towards the mansion, she huffed as she made her way towards the main bedroom and was delighted that the maids had set up a nice bath of the waters of Nivea. Shifting back to her human form, she let out a sigh of relief being as her body was at peace in the waters. 

 

Minzy sighed deeply being locked in her room. It was for her safety, but in all reality it was for the safety of the male lycans. Her scent was just too intoxicating that it was setting all of them off and making them into mindless zombies wanting to claim her. No matter how many of them that attempted to claim her she was able to best them all and so not to hurt anymore stupid males she settled for being held in the confines of her room. 

She sat quietly as Beta Teddy stood at the front of her mansion, Healer you need to find a partner or mate to stop this madnes, Beta Teddy said knowing it was his duty to advise her so. 

I don't want one, she whined being frustrated as well by her situation. 

The only other way is if you were to die, but that is not an option, he warned her. 

She thought of Alpha Jiyong and frowned, "There is someone..." Forget it! I don't want one!

Why not host a fight for consideration, Beta Teddy tried to get her to compromise. This could bring order to the chaos and give you time to figure things out.

Minzy was grateful that Beta Teddy was not pressuring her into telling him why she was being this way, Okay after the celebration I will announce the fight for consideration. 

Thank you Healer, Beta Teddy said relieved. 

 

Minzy stood at her throne and noticed that the crowd had tripled since her coronation. Raising her hands up to silence the crowd she spoke with confidence, "My fellow rogues it has come to my attention that I have caused a rift among these lands. And after counciling with Beta Teddy I have come to the conclusion that the best way to resolve this issue is through the fight of consideration." The crowd cheered Minzy on as she held her hand to quiet them, "There will be four trials you must perform and sucessfully accomplish. After which you will be considered as my partner or better yet my mate." Her gaze locked upon the starry eyes that stared up at her. She felt a pull and was unsure what was happening as she caught hold of the throne to help steady herself. 

Is everything okay, Beta Teddy asked as he stepped next to her and placed a hand at the small of her back. 

Gazing over at Teddy and then back into the crowd, the familiar eyes disappeared, Yes...She was unsure if she believed her answer as she nodded to the crowd who was celebrating and socializing among one another. 

 

Minzy had relieved the maids to celebrate with everyone else tonight. She knew that everyone would be too distracted by the news and blinded by the thought of honor and pride of receiving her as their prized posession to stupidly attack her. Finding herself in her room, she felt her chest tighten as she could feel the presence of someone else in her room. Slippnig into her room, she saw someone standing with a long dark cloak and knew exactly who it was. "Alpha Jiyong," she softly spoke and felt a tingle run down her spine as she said his name. He turned and let his starry eyes fall upon her and she could help but want to launch herself at him. But instead she tried to practice great restraint as she clenched her fists to stay still. "What are you doing here?" 

"I've come for you," his deep voice boomed making her shiver. "Did you not think I would?"

"No," she simply said knowing he would make good on his end. "I just hoped you wouldn't," she admitted softly though her body felt otherwise. 

"Why," he looked at her hurt that she was still trying to push him away. 

She found it difficult for her to answer, "I...I don't know." 

Alpha Jiyong swiftly moved in her direction and had her trapped against the door with no escape. Leaning his body towards her, her lavender eyes glimmered with life. Her smell was one thing, but it was her eyes that had his eyes trailing down towards her full lips. He wanted to taste them like the forbidden fruit that they were. Slowly descending to where he was a breath away from the tempting lips, he resisted as he breathed, "I won't accept that as your answer." Pushing himself away, he quickly left before he did something that would probably push him further away from him. 

Meanwhile Minzy stayed in awe as she tried to calm her pounding heart. Is everything alright, Beta Teddy mindlinked her as he could hear her heart pounding while a male lycan slipped out from the mansion. 

I'm fine, she responded as she moved to her window and watched as Alpha Jiyong manuevered through the crowds of people. 

 

Minzy struggled to find rest as she kept thinking on those starry eyes. "Honestly," she huffed as she sat up. Pushing herself up and out of bed she looked to see that the crowds had shrunk but there were still the heavy hitters out and still having fun. She knew that those that were still up were probably too far gone to really notice her if she were to go out. Slipping out of her room, she was grateful to find that Beta Teddy was no where to be found. She didn't need to be scolded about being out when she was unscented and all that. Clinging to the walls, she moved outside of the city walls and into the pure dessert. Inhaling deeply, she felt free as she readied herself to shift. It was then that she had caught hold of Dara's voice. The distinct worry and fury had Minzy running and finding herself at the throngs of lycans gathered. The group had all moved to allow her through to reveal that Alpha Jiyong was fighting with Beta Teddy and other male lycans. Across the way stood Dara in her lycan form relieved to see her. "What is the meaning of this?" Upon seeing her, one lycan launched to bite her but she caught him and easily snapped his neck, "I said what is going on here?!"

"We wanted to fight in your honor..." Beta Teddy tried to explain knowing very well they were in the wrong. 

Tossing the lifeless lycan down, she growled, "I should kill everyone one of you and be done with it! But I'm doing this fight for consideration for the sake of you all."

"What of these two," Beta Teddy nodded to Dara and Alpha Jiyong. 

"What of them? Leave them be, they are no threat to any of you," she huffed. "And if you have a problem with them then your problem is with me. Now leave," she roared with authority. Everyone scurried away leaving Minzy, Beta Teddy, Alpha Jiyong and Dara alone. Gazing at Dara, Minzy softened her gaze, "If you have any more troubles please inform my trusted Beta Teddy and if he is the problem rest assured I will rip his head off." Turning to leave, she could feel the remorse and regret for the night activities coming from Beta Teddy, but she didn't want to hear it. Shifting into her wolf, she shut off her mind as she raced out into the dessert. 

 

Minzy slowly awoke to the sun burning brightly down on her. Groaning as she came to, she realized that she was snuggled against someone. Slowly opening her eyes, she looked at the man that lay beneath her. Taking in her surroundings, she lay in nothing but the dark cloak that belonged to the sleeping man. Biting her lower lip, she moved out of Alpha Jiyong's embrace. Pulling his cloak against her body, she glared down at him accusingly as she shifted into her wolf and tried to run away. But her wolf appeared to want to stay as it kept her feet planted in place. Really, she hissed at her wolf and shifted back and threw the cloak over herself and made her way back to the forbidden city. She ignored the side glances she received from her Beta as she made her way into the mansion. Hopping into the shower she tried to recall what had happened last night. She regretted surrendering her mind to her wolf, but she just needed time to escape. Flashes of her running and feeling free to do so underneath the moon light ran through her mind. Soon there was another wolf who ran along side her, it was like her wolf was intrigued and familiar with the other wolf. The two wolves played and ran through the dessert planes as if there was no care in the world and the only thing that mattered was them in the moment. Through their playful banter, her wolf had allowed the other wolf to pin her down onto the ground and she saw the starry eyes staring down at her. It was then that it happened as her wolf had moved to pounce on him and bite at his chest. "No," she growled at her wolf and slammed her fist into the wall leaving a large hole. "You betrayed me," Minzy grumbled.

He's our mate!

We've already had a mate and look where that got us!

The Gods have blessed us with a second chance and I was strong enough to take it.

What do you mean by that?

We can't keep our mate waiting forever. He needs us and we need him. 

Minzy crumbled to the ground as she trembled in the scalding hot water. "You've ruined me." The memories of pain and suffering filled her mind and helped her wolf see what she had meant by it. 

The process is not complete. He hasn't bitten you, her wolf tried to offer. 

Minzy shook her head as she cried, she didn't know what was to come with the added drama to her life. 

 

 

Author's Notes:

Hey hey, welp sorry for not posting for a hot minute, life has been a little much as of lately. Anyway hope you all enjoyed the three updates. Thanks for reading!