Twelve

The Broken

Commander Taeyang had ordered some Chinese take out and placed it onto the dinner table as he awaited Minzy. Looking over some paper work, he grinned seeing the bright purple pyjamas. It was kind of cute to see her in little kid like attire and figured he should probably take her shopping some time to get more appropriate clothes for her age. "Oh wow that's a lot of food," Minzy smiled as she took a seat across from him. 

"I didn't know what you liked so I decided to order one of everything," he shrugged. 

"You're so thoughtful, thank you," she smiled as she took a plate and started to scoop some rice and chicken onto it. "So how did the meeting go today?" 

"It was alright," he shrugged. "I have a couple of disputes to work out." 

"Oh yeah? Anything I can help with," she asked as she dug into her food. 

"Maybe in the near future I can show you the ropes to my job. As of now I would rather you get situated here at home," he grinned. "But enough about that, if you don't mind me asking, how did you and my brother meet?" 

Minzy nodded knowing very well this was coming, "Well it was actually at the Lunar Ball. We both were forced to go to it. I had decided to hide in the shadows of the party, becoming visible now and then so that my parents would know I was there. But as I had tried to disappear into the shadows I had met Youngbae. He smiled at me when I had found his hide out and something in me shifted. It was like we instantly knew we were mates. We spent the rest of the night clinging to each others' side and from then on out we were with each other every day."

"What was he like," Commander Taeyang urged her to continue.

"Well for starters, he was very ambitious and a visionary man. He not only wanted to conquer the business world in the community, but his thoughts branched out to the conquering the world. He had convinced me of the dream to give me the world." Pausing as she grinned at the memory of watching Youngbae passionately explain his aspirations in life she continued on, "Even if I didn't want the world, he insisted on giving it to me. So I caved and followed him to the ends of the earth, meaning the human world. He had conquered and owned one of the largest companies in the city we lived in within a few short years. I mean, he wasn't just ambitious he was brilliant with a brilliant mind," she smiled as she thought back on Youngbae showing her his office that over looked the city. 

"I see," Commander Taeyang grinned at his ambitious twin. He felt like they would've conquered the world together if he had had that chance. 

"As for your other brother," Minzy chuckled. "He is a very old soul. Ever since I could remember he had taken the father figure role seeing as your father was absent for most of their life. He was more vested into his alcohol than your brothers which had eventually killed him. It only made Alpha Daesung into a stronger leader and father figure that Youngbae looked up to. Alpha Daesung has been nothing but patient and loving in his own way." 

"Sounds like I have a pretty cool older brother," Commander Taeyang said feeling like he got the short end of the stick. 

Sensing his feelings, she reached out to take his hand, "You're a mixture of your brothers. They are more like you than you know." Grateful for her confidence, he couldn't understand how his belated brother lucked out being mated to such an amazing woman. 

 

Minzy was grateful for the ride to the mansion. It was out of Commander Taeyang's way, "I can walk." 

"It's no big deal really," he waved off her worry. "I'm going to be working late though..." 

"Then I can walk home it's fine," she reassured him as they pulled up to the mansion. "Have a good day!" 

"You as well, have fun building character," he cheered her on before driving off. 

Smiling she shook her head and turned to see Beta Seunghyun, "Good morning." 

"Minzy," he breathed as he walked up to her and paused. As much as he wanted to embrace her, his talk with Alpha Jiyong made him keep some distance. "How are you this lovely morning?" 

"I'm good thanks for asking," as she noticed his hesitation to come near her. 

"Maybe I could make lunch for you today. I haven't cooked in a while," Beta Seunghyun suggested.

"That's so kind of you, but you don't have to," she said as they walked into the mansion. "I know you're a busy man. I'm just glad to see you." 

Beta Seunghyun looked over at the woman who was so thoughtful, "I don't have to but I want to. I'll see you later on today." He bid farewell as they went their separate ways. 

Minzy walked into the garden to find Alpha Jiyong speaking with Yura before they both turned to look at her as if they had been waiting. "Good morning," Minzy grinned as she approached the pair. 

"Good morning sweet heart. How are you this morning," Yura smiled brightly as Alpha Jiyong stood with a neutral face. 

"I'm fine and yourself," she asked politely. 

"I'm great now that you're here," Yura smiled. "Dear I have some news to share with you, I'll be leaving town for a little while." 

"How long is a little while," Minzy asked as she wondered why Alpha Jiyong continue to stand there as if he didn't have anything better to do. 

"Two weeks," Yura grinned. 

"Two weeks? I think I can handle two weeks," Minzy thought about it. "When do you leave?" 

"Tonight," Yura smiled sadly. "But you won't be doing it alone. I've recruited Alpha Jiyong here to help you while I'm away." 

"You don't have to," Minzy said to Alpha Jiyong before turning her attention back to Yura. "It's totally fine..." 

"I've already promised to assist you and I have rearranged my schedule to do so," he replied. 

"I don't want to burden you with more work. You must already have a lot on your plate. I promise I can take care of the garden alone while Yura is away," she insisted. 

"It's not a burden to work with you or in the garden. I've been neglecting the garden for far too long now. I'm going to work in the garden with you," he countered before gazing down to Yura. "Shall we get to work and learn the ropes of how to best care for the garden so that it still standing when you return?" 

"Very well then," Yura said as she walked about the garden to instruct the pair. Frowning, Minzy sighed as she followed after Yura and Alpha Jiyong. 

Minzy had focused on the various tasks and mapped out the next two weeks as Yura finished up explaining and demonstrating for the day in time for lunch that Beta Seunghyun had prepared and brought out for the group. The servants went about setting up a picnic table before Beta Seunghyun had placed lettuce wraps and delicious looking bulgogi onto it. It looked and smelt heavenly as they all settled around the table and thanked beta Seunghyun for sharing his chef abilities with them. 

Minzy bit into her lettuce wrap and grinned, "This is very good Beta Seunghyun." 

"It's been too long since you've cooked for us," Alpha Jiyong added as he continue to eat. 

Beta Seunghyun gave a sad smile, "I remember the last meal I made..."

His voice trailed off as Yura reached over and placed her hand upon his. "I know she enjoyed every last bit of it." 

Alpha Jiyong stilled for a moment before lowering his hand and gaze, "Thank you Beta Seunghyun."

Minzy felt like she was intruding on a very intimate moment as she looked around at the three of them. Sliding out of her chair, she wanted to slip away to allow them a moment. "Where are you going," Alpha Jiyong asked curiously. 

Stopping in her tracks, she turned to the group that all gazed up at her, "I...was just going to throw my garbage away." Turning her gaze to Beta Seunghyun she thanked him again for the food and then turned to Yura, "I hope you have a good trip. You have nothing to worry about, the garden will be taken care of while you're away." 

"Thank you dear. I believe in both of your abilities," Yura gazed between Alpha Jiyong and then Minzy. 

Pressing her lips tightly together, she turned to take her leave, "Minzy wait isn't Commander Taeyang busy with back to back meetings today in the city?" 

"Yeah he is," she simply said to Beta Seunghyun hoping he wouldn't press the issue any further.

"So how are you heading back," he questioned her as they all stared at her. 

"I'm going to walk back," she revealed. 

Alpha Jiyong was up on his feet excusing himself as he walked past Minzy, "Let's go." 

"What do you mean by that," she asked him. "I can walk alone..."

"You can either let me walk with you or give you a ride. I will not have you walking home, that would reflect poorly on me. Not to mention with courting season coming into swing I would not want other males bothering you," he said as he walked past her. "So let's go," he called over his shoulder. "I have things to do in the city anyways."

Frowning, she gazed over to see Beta Seunghyun and Yura agreeing, "Alpha Jiyong is right. Please head home safely." 

Sighing, she weighed her options before hanging her head and following suit. Quietly entering the car, she fastened her seat belt and clasped her hands onto her lap as he drove off. The ride was quiet with no music as she stayed staring out the window. "You know, I can handle the gardens on my own," she finally mumbled after a few minutes of silence. 

He lightly chuckled as he stayed focused on the road, "I bet you could." 

"I can," she affirmed with a nod and I will she told herself. "Alpha Jiyong it would probably be wise for you to not help me for two reasons. One being I know you have other business to attend to that may be of more importance and two being that it will be more difficult for you to be released from what your instincts are telling you . You and your wolf will suffer more if you're around me." Alpha Jiyong clutched the wheel tighter, she was right to both assumptions. He had so much to do and yet he found himself putting it all off for her. Though he couldn't admit to it out loud, he selfishly was looking forward to spending time with her. This thought proved that he was a bad man towards his belated Luna. "So don't worry so much about the gardens, please care for the pack and I will care for the gardens."

Gazing over at the woman with lavender eyes, he found himself so wrapped up in her existence next to him that it was hard to focus on the road. Sighing as he pulled over, he parked the car and he looked at the woman who looked at him curiously. "You may be right, but I want to keep my promise to Yura. I don't expect you to understand, but I honestly need to do this." 

Minzy could see his starry eyes glisten with sincerity, there was something he wasn't telling her but she felt compelled to respect it, "Okay, we'll make sure you keep your promise to Yura." 

Thankful that she didn't question him, he grinned, "Thank you." Sitting in place, he felt content. It was like the world was turning in the way it was supposed to for him, when the last couple of months everything felt like it had all fallen apart. Knowing very well it was the cause of Minzy's presence, he sighed as he looked to see her staring intently at him. "What?" 

She shrugged as she found this a perfect opportunity to ask him about the request of Commander Taeyang, "Why did you deny Commander Taeyang's request for us to visit my ex-mate's grave?" Alpha Jiyong's chest tightened as his wolf hissed with jealousy. It amazed him that he could be pulled into extreme emotions in her presence as he tore his gaze away to compose himself. "I understand if you doubt me visiting my old pack, but at least grant Commander Taeyang the right to go. Youngbae is Commander Taeyang's flesh and blood. You shouldn't keep family away from each other." Intrigued by her request, he looked back to her pleading lavender eyes. When she had reached to take his hand in hers, his wolf happily howled within. "Please Alpha Jiyong this will only have Commander Taeyang respect you as our Alpha even more." Alpha Jiyong kept his gaze locked on where they shared skinship. The chemistry was so strong for him that he actually found himself giving a damn about the annoying Commander Taeyang. 

"I will consider your request," he found himself saying as he began to drive again. 

Minzy grinned as she squeezed his hand, "That's all I ask." Turning her gaze out the window, she didn't think on it as they kept their hands connected in the comfortable silence. Driving in the comfortable silence, he wondered if she noticed that she was still holding his hand. It fit so perfectly against his that he couldn't complain. He could get used to the comfort her touch brought, it was such a good feeling that it was hard to resist not basking in it.