35.

The Broken

"Alpha Jiyong," she breathed in disbelief as she lost concentration and fumbled forward to be caught in his arms. Gazing up at him, she was effortlessly scooped up in his arms and walked back to the bed. "What are you doing," she mumbled as she was gently placed back in bed. 

"Putting you back to bed," he stated the obvious as he pulled the covers back over her. "Where do you think you were going?" A knock came at the door and the pair looked to see various maids holding items she had requested. "She won't need the clothing. She'll be staying in bed. Any of her work can be brought here," Alpha Jiyong spoke up first. Minzy scrunched her nose up at him as he Alpha Jiyong continue to instruct the maids on what to do before leaving them alone yet again. When they had left the two alone again, Alpha Jiyong's eyes fell upon her again to see her giving him a scolding look, "What?"

"Why are you here?" 

"I'm here for you," he said as if it was obvious. Turning his attention to the envelopes, he grabbed them and placed them into her lap. "Now read these so we can look through what our next adventure will be." 

"What," she coughed a laugh. 

"You heard me," he eyed her. Taking her hand in his, he narrowed his eyes on her hand to find that the ring was not there. 

Pulling her hand away, she grinned, "It's not right to wear it until the pack approves." 

Alpha Jiyong huffed in frustration, knowing someone had to have told her, "I don't need anyone's approval." 

Feeling as though the conversation was leading towards an arguement, she quickly changed the subject. "I...I almost died." 

Alpha Jiyong paused as he gazed over at her, "What?" 

She couldn't look him in the eyes as she gazed out the window, "This Commander Psy has been the cause of all the troubles of some of the packlands I have been visiting. Well, he almost killed me and the Gods protected me." Pausing, she thought about the stars that twinkled and turned to look back into those starry eyes that bore into her own. "I seem to think of you before it all ends and I can except whatever happens to me. Does that make me foolish?" 

Alpha Jiyong sat quietly as he stared into her lavender eyes, he knew that had to have been her that brightened the sky as if it were noon day in the middle of the night. It had worried him, which made him venture out to the dessert planes without any warning to the pack. Something in him told him to go to her and without question he did. Gratefully he did because seeing the forbidden city in ruins and Minzy barely able to stand on her own made him realize he had to really trust his gut now that he no longer had the mark from her. Taking her hands in his, he gave them a comforting squeeze as he grinned, "I guess we can be a pair of dummies together." This made Minzy chuckle as he pulled her into him, wrapping his arms around her he kissed the top of her head, "I'm honored that you think of me in the time of need. Don't be afraid to lean on me for strength because you're my source of strength." 

"How can I be your source of strength when all I do is bring you hardship," she breathed into his chest. 

He pulled away enough for her to look up at him as he still held her in his arms, "Nothing about us is easy. We're both leading very complicated lives. More so you, but it comes with the territory of being blessed by the Gods." 

She grinned up at him as she stared in his eyes, "Alpha Jiyong..." 

"Yes," he hummed, liking how her lavender eyes glowed up at him making him feel so empowered. 

"I..." she felt her heart begin to thud against her chest as if it were about to burst. The words died in as she gripped the collar of his shirt and yanked him down. Crashing her lips against his, she felt her stomach do flips as he tasted that of fresh fallen rain. His smell intoxicating her as she so effortlessly worked her lips against his, she tilted her head as she deepened the kiss. Giggling as he rolled them and had her pinned down onto the bed, he kissed her with just as much vigor. Her giggles soon turned into soft wanting moans as her hands travelled his wash board abs and his hot lips kissed down her jaw towards her neck. The tingling of his wet tongue trailing down her neck had her his name, "Alpha Jiyong..." 

He paused, realizing that he had traced down where her mark used to be. Doubt and worry filled his mind, "Minzy?" 

Minzy sighed as she lay still, "We can't..." 

Alpha Jiyong bit his lower lip as he pulled away altogether and gazing away in shame, "I understand..." 

She was quick to sit up as she stared over at his back side, "I want to prove myself to the pack before we go further." 

Alpha Jiyong grinned to himself as he glanced over his shoulder, "What are you saying?" 

"I'm saying...I want to prove to the pack that I can be your mate," she finally breathed what she had been wanting to say for so long. 

In and instant she was being pinned back down on the bed with Alpha Jiyong hovering over her. His eyes were glistening to a full glow as he smirked down at her, "Shouldn't you be proving that to me?" 

She rolled her eyes up at him, "One step at a time." 

Suddenly Alpha Jiyong swooped down to where his lips were only a breath away as he stared into the depths of her eyes, "Well then, let's get to work shall we?" Pulling away, he reached for the envelopes and began to browse through them as if he had not just had her in a compromising position seconds ago. Shaking her head in disbelief, she grinned as he gazed back at her laying in place, "What are you doing? Proving that you're a sleepy head?" She chuckled as she sat up and pulled the envelopes out of his hands and began to read through the various letters as he sat admiring her. 

 

Minzy glanced over to see that Alpha Jiyong had fallen asleep. Grinning to herself, she was grateful to be able to slip out of the bed from her over protective gardian. Tip toeing out of her room, she was greeted with Beta Teddy. Placing her index finger over her lips, she crept down the hall and stairs. It felt good to finally be out of bed. "What's been happening," she whispered as she moved further away from the stairs. She wanted to keep a clear ear shot from Alpha Jiyong just in case he started to stir. 

Beta Teddy grinned as he fell into step with her, "Everyone is doing their best to pick up the pieces. But it will take time. There are many who are still really injured." 

"Take me to them," she said feeling ready to lend a helping hand. 

"No you need your rest," Beta Teddy said firmly. 

"Excuse me," Minzy said as she turned to gaze upon her Beta. 

He bowed deeply, knowing he was straddling the line of disrespect, "Healer you must understand, what you did the other day...I..." Beta Teddy remembered seeing a levating body in the air in the midst of fighting and suddenly a pulse of light surging from the body and out to all of them. When the wave of light struck him, he could feel the light source protecting him as he continue to fight off the endless throngs of human soldiers. "What you did was...magnificent and very sacrificial." Placing a fist over his chest, he remembered the feelings of not only protection but warmth. "You may not know this, but you performed a miracle and your body suffered from it. So please, don't see my words as disrespect but as words of advice to care for yourself and we dessert lycans will do what we can as you try to recover." 

Minzy let out a sigh of frustration as she was suddenly swooped up and clutching onto Alpha Jiyong who was staring down at her sternly, "You think you can escape me? Guess again." Gazing over at Beta Teddy he nodded, "I will take care of her. Please care for the dessert lycans." 

"Gladly," Beta Teddy gave a faint smug look enough for Minzy to notice before he turned to leave. 

Puffing out her cheeks in frustration, she groaned as Alpha Jiyong took her back up the stairs and into bed. "I have things to do," she huffed as she was placed in the covers. 

"And what things do you think we can do under these covers," he teased as he snuggled her against his chest. 

Wacking his chest, she rolled her eyes as she leaned against him, "How can you talk like that when there is so much to do?" 

He sighed as he leaned his head upon hers, "Didn't we already talk about this? One step at a time. You need to heal from whatever miracle you seemed to have performed that had saved your people from destruction." She couldn't admit it out loud, but he was right as she laid comfortably against him and listened to his heart beat. Quietly tapping her fingers to the beat of his heart, she lulled herself back to sleep after exerting what little energy she had built up. 

 

Minzy awoke to the annoyance she felt radiating off of the person she lay against. Slowly opening her eyes, she shifted her gaze to where he was looking to see that it was Commander Dara standing a ways from them. She didn't know why she felt embarassed being caught laying with Alpha Jiyong, but she did as she abruptly pulled away. "Commander Dara," she mumbled as she tried to fully wake. 

She nodded curtly as she kept her gaze on Alpha Jiyong, "I'll wait for you down stairs." 

Yawning as she turned to look back at Alpha Jiyong, she watched as he ran his hands through his hair in frustration, "Is everything okay?" 

He frowned as he nodded, "Yes everything is fine. I just need to return back to the packlands." 

She grinned as she nodded towards the door, "Then what are you waiting for?" 

"For you to tell me you'll be coming back with me," he honestly said as he reached over and pulled her back against him. "And don't be ashamed to be in my arms you hear me," he nuzzled his face into the side her neck planting a fat kiss onto it. 

She giggled as she pulled away, "What do you expect? She is the Commander after all. Now get going, don't make her wait." 

"Like you've made me wait," he huffed as he moved out of the bed. "Can I at least get a parting gift," he turned to look at the woman he cared for. 

Crawling over to where she was on her knees before him, she smiled innocently, "I guess." Moving her index finger in a come here motion, she smirked as he smugly moved in front of her. Placing his hands onto her hips, she stared into those starry eyes and couldn't help the words that fell from her lips. "Come a little closer," she whispered as she took hold of his shirt and ever so slowly pressed her lips against his. Kissing him slowly, she breathed ever so softly in between, "I think I love you." She stilled in her movements at what she mindlessly said. Wanting to escape such an out of nowhere confession, she began to withdraw as he held her in place. 

"Don't," he breathed against her lips as he smashed his lips to hers. Flicking his tongue out to flutter across her plump lips, he pulled her closer as he continue to work his lips with hers. Giving one last lingering peck, he pulled away with a smirk apparent on his face as he winked and turned to leave her breathless.