17.

The Broken

Minzy awoke to the soft paws lightly ghosting through the dirt. There were three moving swiftly, but silently through the throngs of the resting lycans. Holding still, she readied herself if the lycans had chosen to attack her. But they seemed to scurry past her and she was up on her feet as the three lycans launched their attack towards the resting leader Teddy. "Teddy," she breathed softly in the nick of time to wake him when the first lycan had attempted to bite. Teddy snapped his eyes open and caught hold of the lycan's neck in mid air. Standing to his feet he dug his hand into the fur of the lycan who struggled to pry himself out of his grip and with ease there came a loud snap. Teddy released the lycan whose body fell with a thump to the ground before he glared down at the other two. "It is not worth it. Submit and let this be a lesson to you both to not be cowards and try to attack a man in his sleep." Begrudgingly the two werewolves descended into a forced bow before they turned and bolted off. 

Teddy took interest in the young woman who watched the lycans race off like the chicken s he knew they were. It was unlike him to rest so soundly while out on an assignment. If it weren't for this Healer he would have suffered the consequences and met one of his biggest fears, death. Gazing about, the commotion had woken up the camp. Sighing as the skies were still dark, he knew it was best to move. "We had better get going. We have a long day ahead of us." 

Minzy nodded as she followed closely after Teddy, I can hear your heartbeat. Are you okay?

Teddy stiffened at the sound of her voice in his head. She had caught him off guard and was able to get inside his head. You worry too much Healer. This is the life of a rogue. Not all of us are as fortunate as you to get a full nights rest. Quieting his mind, he was about to block her out before he paused. Thank you for saving my life. Before she could respond he had cut out all mindlinks, "Let's move out!" Minzy noticed the force field he had put up and wondered if she could possibly prod through it somehow. "Don't," he mumbled as he led the army of lycans. "Don't try to invade my mind Healer. You may run for the hills if you saw what was in here." 

"The thought did cross my mind, but not for reasons you are thinking of. But I wouldn't do that to you. Just like I can't force someone to heal if they choose otherwise. I would not force myself to cross the threshold of your mind if you don't want me to." 

"I didn't want you in my mind minutes ago, but you were there," he shrugged seeing conflict. 

You were just attacked. Do you think it is wise to question you in front of everyone? I may not know you personally but I know the lycan ways. I don't want the rogues to take it as an opportunity to challenge you. As thoughtful as it sounded, Minzy honestly couldn't afford any mishaps. Alpha Jiyong had given her three days to complete her task and one of those days were being used to travel. If any lycan were to challenge Teddy it would take away precious travel time to get to Dongwook. 

I thought you said you weren't going to invade my mind, Teddy grumbled. 

Minzy quickly cut her conversation as she continue to venture out with the pack of rogues. She was fairly impressed that she was able to break through a blocked communication. Adding it to her mental list of powers she had acquired, she wondered how the gifts she had been blessed with would help her. "How much longer do we have until we reach our destination?" 

"We are a half a day away," Teddy answered. Minzy frowned as she nodded. She only had a day and a half to execute her plan. "So eager to see Dongwook are we?"

"Yes my Alpha is expecting me to return soon," she spoke honestly. 

Teddy was unsure that Dongwook would let her go. She had demonstrated powers he had never seen and her ability to move just as fast as the lycans in her human form made him curious to see her in her wolf form. She had powers radiating off of her like it was part of her DNA. "And if Dongwook doesn't let you return?" 

"He will. I am sure of it," she said with not doubt in her voice or mind. Though she had no idea how she was going to do it she was going make sure she fulfilled what she was sent out to do. 

 

Minzy was displeased to see that things were taking longer than expected. A lot of the rogues were becoming irritated with each other and Teddy had to be the one to put out all the fires. By the fourth stop of the day, Minzy had had enough as she focused her energy on the army around her. Sending out soothing energies, it helped the lycans regroup and focus on the task at hand. The lycans encouraged each other as they became as one. Teddy had noticed such a shift as his gaze fell upon the young woman who had her eyes closed and arms extended. He even frowned as he too felt the need to keep pushing forward. As the group picked up speed, he fell into step with Minzy who appeared to gladly pick up the pace. 

"Stop messing with their minds Healer. We rogues don't like to be controlled," he hissed as he too followed the pack's pace. 

"I've told you already that I can't influence those who don't want to be. They are willing participants of what nature has to offer them," she shrugged. 

Rolling his eyes, his gaze narrowed as the forbidden city came into view. "Almost there," he howled as they charged forward. "Almost home!" As much as she wanted to charge forward with the group something felt off. Racing for Teddy, she took his arm as he was about to shift, "Wait there is something wrong." 

Her calming touch was unnerving as he pulled out of her grasp, "What do you mean?" Seeing all the lycans rushing past her, she kept her gaze narrowed at the forbidden city when suddenly a loud bang rang out followed by a huge explosion sending various lycans flying in every which direction. Soon there was a hord of lycans rushing towards their group as they began to attack.Teddy roared in anger as the lycans that had flanked with him prepared for impact. There was loud crashings the sound of thunder as the throngs of lycans fought. Teddy being the leader glared with intensity at the two wolves that had tried to launch an attack on him earlier. "It's time to end this nonsense," he growled as he lunged and shifted in mid-air. His wolf crashed into the two lycans with such brute force that Minzy flinched from the bone crushing sounds. Teddy's large wolf form asserted dominance with ease as he tore the first wolf into shreds before doing the exact same to the other. Meanwhile Minzy diverted her gaze towards the city, unaffected by the gruesome battle she frowned at how her time was running down. Seeing the sun setting signified that she only had one more day left to accomplish her task before Alpha Jiyong would get involved. Getting Alpha Jiyong involved also meant his pack would follow. They had so blindly followed him into war for her honor, something that she deemed unnecessary. Without her realizing it, she was walking away from the battle and making her way towards the city.

Standing at the city borders, she was greeted by two large lycans. They were growling as they took a stance as if ready to attack. But that all stopped as Teddy's wolf came rushing to her side. He huffed out of frustration when he glanced at her and moved into the city while the lycans she had encountered bowed their heads and moved out of the way. Quietly following Teddy, she gazed around the dessert city to see everyone in their lycan form glaring at her and watching her every move. Looking at the largest home that sat in the center of it all, she assumed it to be Dongwook's as they climbed the steps and entered. Surprisingly it was modern and stylish compared to worn look it had from the outside. As she walked further into the home she was confused as she was led to a bedroom. "Is this where I'll meet Dongwook?" 

He's away at the moment. He had some business to attend to and didn't plan for our arrival to be this soon, Teddy said as he nodded for her to enter. This will be your room and the maids will tend to your every need.

"When will I see him tomorrow," she asked feeling frustrated that it was being put off. 

He should be in tomorrow night. Now get some rest, Teddy turned to leave. 

Sighing as she opened the door, it was a large and spacious room fit for a queen which she certainly was not. Plopping down onto the bed, she stayed quiet as she sensed someone approaching. "Come in," she called before the maid could knock. 

The maid did what she was told and smiled, "Hello is there anything I can get for you?" 

Minzy sat thinking as an idea came to mind, "Do you have waters of Nivea here?" 

The maid nodded, "We can set a bath for you if you'd like? I know the journey here must not have been easy." 

"Yes a bath would be perfect," Minzy grinned. 

 

Relief and contentment fell from her lips as she rested in the clawfoot bath tub filled with waters of Nivea. The maid as well as Minzy was a little startled when the water began to glow, but there were no words shared as Minzy was left to her own devices. Closing her eyes as the water's pulsing magic massaged past her skin and deep into her soul. "Blonde angel," Minzy called out hoping she would answer.

"Yes," a soft voice said and Minzy opened her eyes to see the angelic figure standing at the foot of the tub. 

Grinning at the blonde angel of a woman she was grateful to see her, "Dongwook won't be here until tomorrow." 

"But that isn't the reason as to why you called me," the blonde said with a knowing grin. "What is it that you really want Minzy?"

"I'm worried that I will not accomplish my task on time before Alpha Jiyong comes for me. I can't have him risking his life for mine. It would leave the pack lands vulnerable and I can't bare the thought of more lives being at risk for me," she sighed. "What he's doing is wreckless."

"Is it," the blonde asked as she knelt by Minzy. 

"He believes I am his mate," she breathed as she subconsciously traced her fingers over the skin where her mark used to be. "I can accept being a healer, but I can't easily accept what he believes." 

The blonde sighed as she stared at the woman. Though she was filled with the amount of powers that a Goddess would possess she still had her own mind. A mind filled with doubt and insecurities that her memories had all gave her reasons to do so. "Everything is undone. You are now unscented and unmarked by your past. It came with the gifts you were blessed with."

She bit the corner of her lip unsure of how to take in the woman's words, "The gifts can't undo the memories or feelings I feel can they?" 

"Just like you've come to learn with you coming into your powers, you can't heal if you don't want to," the blonde bluntly said. 

"He loves his beloved late Luna," Minzy scrambled for an excuse. 

"And you love Youngbae. What is the difference?" 

"The difference being that the bond he has with his late Luna was out of what he wanted and my bond was out of biological instinct." Minzy felt a weight pressed against her chest making her heart feel so heavy, "Both Youngbae and Alpha Jiyong see me as a obligation to what is built in their DNA. Nature has been cruel to force them into looking at me when they don't want to."

"Who says that they don't want to? Even if biologically it was ingrained into them, that doesn't mean that they had not come to care for you on their own terms," the woman wisely said. Placing a comforting hand against her cheek, she grinned, "Minzy your biological instincts only helps enhance what you're afraid of feeling, which is to be loved." A stray tear fell from her eyes as the waters she lay in glowed brighter, "When you've learned to heal your mind and soul then you'll really see what powers you possess." 

Minzy closed her eyes as she lay in the tub. After the angel had left, she was having an inward battle. Knowing what she had to do to appease such pent up anxiety she focused her attention on calling out to the man who occupied her thoughts. Alpha Jiyong...

Minzy? Have you done what you've set out to do, she could hear just how worried and concerned he was for her. 

No not yet. I'm just reaching out to you to ask for a little more time.

More time?! You have tomorrow and that's final, he growled. I'm coming for you whether you accomplish that task of yours or not.

The pack needs you...

I need you, he argued. Minzy my wolf and I need you here. You're our mate and I intend to keep it that way. Soaking in the waters, she stayed quiet. She wanted to tell him that she would like to fancy the thought of exploring his revelation, but she didn't. Instead she continue to stay silent soaking in his words. Minzy...I will give you more time if you need to accept me. But there is no way I am giving you more time with the task you've been assigned to without me. The determination in his voice almost sound as if he was begging. He was begging for her to return and yet she couldn't give in. She knew what it was like to be away from one's mate for too long. But this mission was important. Sighing she sent him feelings of comfort to sooth the building anxiety he may be feeling. Don't do that. It will only make matters worse. Tomorrow is your deadline and it's final. 

She scoffed as she he blocked her out, he was being so stubborn she thought as she stepped out of the tub and was getting dressed. Slipping on the night gown she was provided, she made her way into the room to find Teddy awaiting her arrival. "Yes," she eyed him as she walked over to the bed. 

Teddy looked away out of respect due to the thin material of her gown. Allowing her to pull the covers over herself, he sighed as he kept his gaze the other way, "I just wanted to thank you for saving my life yet again." 

She could hear the strain in his voice as if what he was doing was out of the norm for him, "You're welcome." There was a thick silence that filled the room as if he had more to say. "What is the matter Teddy?" 

"You're unscented..." 

She knew that being a woman of her age and unscented was unheard of. It was part of nature for a lycan female to find a partner even if she had not found a mate. "Does that change things for me?" 

Teddy tried his best not to inhale her soft lavender fragrance that wafted in the air, "It does. It means that I will be posted outside of your door until Dongwook's return." 

"Surely I can take care of myself..."

"It's the least I can do for what you've done for me," he turned back as his eyes burned brightly as if he was holding back from shifting. "The maids will bring you what you need. Just make sure you stay in this room or rest assured your virtue will be taken." 

Watching as Teddy stormed out, she flinched with the slamming of her door. "."