23.

The Broken

"Welcome back," Dara grinned sincerely as she met the group with other lycans as the crossed over. 

"Thanks," Minzy met her grin and couldn't help to feel grateful that Dara had not met her with hostility. Seeing Beta Seunghyun open the door to their car for her, Minzy paused as she looked back at Bom and Jennie. "Are you guys coming?" 

"Huh," Bom pointed to herself to be sure Minzy was talking to her. 

Minzy nodded and chuckled, "Beta Seunghyun suggested the meeting be tomorrow so that we may rest from our travels and I expect to do so in the comfort of my own home." 

"And where would that be," Beta Seunghyun asked cautiously unsure if he should have done so. 

"Bom, Jennie, and I plan to go to our home in the city. It used to be Commander Taeyang's home, but it now rightfully belongs to me," Minzy shrugged at Beta Seunghyun as she turned back to Bom and Jennie. "Are you guys ready to go home?" 

Little Jennie clapped her hands together as she squealed and led her mother to the car, "Let's go mommy!" 

Minzy knew she could only pull such a stunt with other lycans staying watch at their every move. Watching how Beta Seunghyun stiffened at being cornered, he knew for sure he would get an ear full from Alpha Jiyong as he slid into the driver's seat with Dara in the passenger, while Minzy hopped in the back with Bom and Jennie. Jennie helped fill the thick silence with her blabbering on about how excited she was about moving in with Minzy. She had envisioned so many things, the rest of the group had little to no interest in hearing. Taking such hint, Bom placed her hand over her daughter's mouth to hush her. Thankfully this allowed Minzy to relax a little as she leaned her head upon the cool glass and closed her eyes as the car moved to head towards the city. 

"We've arrived," Beta Seunghyun spoke up breaking the quiet air as he pulled up to Commander Taeyang's home. 

Bom and little Jennie gawked at the large home. It was four times bigger than the home they had. "Go ahead and pick which room you guys want and feel free to take a tour of your new home," Minzy nodded as Bom went chasing after her daughter. 

"I've always been curious to know what Commander Taeyang's home looked like," Dara spoke up as she excused herself to follow the pair that had walked into the home.

When door had closed, Beta Seunghyun finally blurted out, "Did you know there were different packs gathering outside our borders the past few days?" 

"No," she honestly answered. "I came with a different intent in mind but will care for this current issue at hand." 

"Then why have you returned," Beta Seunghyun looked over at her curiously. 

She sighed knowing very well Beta Seunghyun would be reporting back to Alpha Jiyong after this, "I've come to speak with Alpha Jiyong." 

"You've travelled all this way to see Alpha Jiyong but ask to be brought here," Beta Seunghyun asked trying to make sense of it all. 

"I don't expect you to understand just yet, but it will all come together in all due time," she said to him as well as trying to convince herself to believe in her words. "I'll see you along with Alpha Jiyong in the morning," she nodded as she excused herself from the car. Taking her leave, she made her way towards the door to have it swinging open by Dara. "Good night Dara," Minzy grinned. 

"See you bright and early," Dara said taking in Minzy and Beta Seunghyun's conversation. 

Entering the home, Minzy was surprised as the young girl had sprung into her arms. Chuckling at the little girl's actions, she smiled at Jennie, "Did you pick your room?"

Jennie nodded her head vigorously, "Yes I did, but mommy wanted me to wait until you had picked your room." 

"It's only right," Bom looked at her daughter sternly. 

"I want the attic room area..."

Jennie squealed in delight as she squeezed Minzy into a bear hug, "You lucky girl..." Shaking her head at her overly excited daughter, she turned to look at Minzy. "We probably need to head back to our old home and then bring some of our belongings here until we can gather the rest some other time," Bom said. 

Minzy found it a perfect escape, "That works for me, I'll be out for the night so you don't have to wait for me." 

"What happened to getting some rest," Jennie asked between the two older women. 

"We all find rest in different forms. The form that I'm seeking is in the comfort of a friend. Is that alright with you house mate," Minzy smiled. Jennie pressed her lips together as if she was thinking through the words. Nodding Minzy grinned as she ruffled up Jennie's hair and turned to walk back outside. Closing her eyes, she called out to her wolf who whimpered and whined for having little to no time out after it had bit Alpha Jiyong. "I'm going to let you out..." 

"Please," her wolf whined not wanting to be trapped for a moment longer. 

"I'm not giving you complete charge because of the stunt you pulled. But I do want you to carry us swiftly through the night to see someone I truly miss and long to see," Minzy said clearly as she swiftly shifted and let her wolf carry them out of the city and over the rolling hills of green. Seeing the forest of trees, her wolf slowed down to a trot as it walked along the dirt path to find the familiar humble cottage. The lights were still on as she scratched at the front door with her paws and whimpered hoping that Yura would hear her.

Soon after the front door was opened to reveal Yura smiling brightly in her night gown as if she was preparing for bed. "Minzy is that you," Yura gasped as she saw the shimmering lavender colored eyes of the wolf. "Come in child," Yura said as she moved to allow Minzy's wolf inside. Turning to the quilt that lay on her sofa, she draped the material over Minzy's wolf to allow her to shift back. 

"Yura," Minzy breathed as she held the blanket against her and rushed into the welcoming arms that greeted her. She felt a sense of relief as Yura pulled her in for a tight embrace. Falling further into Yura's comforting hug she exhaled a breath she had not realized she had holding back. The relief set in as the tears began to fall. Feeling Yura's loving squeeze only encouraged her to cry harder, letting her cry to her heavy heart's content. Trembling as she tried to calm herself down, she shifted and sniffled as she gazed up at the woman who held her. Yura gently brushed away the tears as she stared down with a warm smile at her. Yura's smile triggered a thought as she wiped the tears from her eyes to really get a look at Yura's face. Cupping the woman's face, she gazed over Yura's features and realized that she looked like someone she knew. 

"What is it dear," Yura asked breaking the silence. 

"Does the name Chaerin sound familiar to you," Minzy asked curiously.

Yura's eyes widened in surprise, "Yes that name is very familiar to me. Why?" 

"There is a likeness you have to her," Minzy grinned as she brushed a stray tear that fell from Yura's eyes knowing the resemblance was undeniable. 

"Did you know my daughter," Yura asked as she placed her hands upon Minzy's. 

"This may sound a bit crazy, but I've only known her for a short while. She's visited me a couple of times over recent months. It wasn't until the other day that she revealed her true nature and identity to me," Minzy said honestly. 

"Has she been trying to persuade you to become Alpha Jiyong's mate," Yura asked knowingly. When Minzy broke eye contact and stayed quiet, she knew her answer. "My dear I've felt drawn to you since I've met you. Something about you always brought to mind my daughter that I miss desperately. After you telling me what has been happening to you, I can honestly say that my daughter has been encouraging me to help get you two together. It is my dying wish..." 

"Dying," Minzy squeaked in disbelief. "I...I can heal you."

"I wish I could tell you this under better circumstances, but yes I am dying and no I don't want you to heal me," Yura said as hurt flickered in Minzy's eyes. "My family beckons me more and more with each passing day. I want to go to them." 

Minzy understand perfectly what Yura wanted, for she had wanted that for so long, "But I need you here. Don't leave me." 

"I'm not prepared to leave you just yet. There are somethings I have to teach you before I leave," Yura reassured her that there was still time for them together. 

"What is there to teach me? More gardening pointers," Minzy asked trying to figure out what Yura was saying. 

Yura laughed as she knew Minzy was serious but it still was such silly questions, "No, I'm going to teach you how to become Luna of the Crimson Crawlers seeing as that was once my title a while ago until my mate passed away and Alpha Jiyong came into power taking my daughter as his Luna." 

"So you understand how difficult it is to let go of one's mate," Minzy mumbled. 

"Yes I have some experience, but if anyone is strong enough to work through having another mate I know it would be you. Even the Gods know it," Yura smiled confidently.

"I'm far from strong. I'm weak in fact because I'm scared and afraid to have a mate again, especially the likes of Alpha Jiyong. He is so much stronger and I don't feel worthy to be by his side," Minzy said feeling deflated by such a comparison. 

"Alpha Jiyong isn't as strong as you make him out to be. Remeber that you were basically in a coma for three long months. He has three months over you in figuring things out and since you've been awaken you've been pretty busy. You stopped a war, healed people, became the queen of the dessert lycans and become the focal point of the lycan world all within the span of two weeks give or take."

"It's only been two weeks," Minzy breathed in shock. "It feels like ages ago since I've been back. When you put it that way I guess it makes sense why I'm so conflicted. How can I accept someone else in my life when I have yet to accept myself and my current circumstances." It was like a light went off in her head as it all came together. Standing on her feet, she was moving towards the door without really thinking. 

"Where are you going dear," Yura called after her, pulling her out of her thoughts.

"I'm going to learn how to accept myself," Minzy grinned. 

"Wait," Yura said as she shuffled away and returned with a dress in hand. "I can't have you walking around . Take this dress," Handing the rose gold dress that sparkled to Minzy she sighed. "This dress made my Chaerin shine." 

"Thank you," Minzy said gratefully as she slipped on the dress that hugged her body perfectly. Thanking Yura, she let her bare feet take her back onto the dirt path. Quietly walking through the forest, she found herself standing at the waters of Nivea. The rushing sound of water, the smell, the sight was pure perfection as she gazed to see the acidic silver still sat where she had spit it out. Frowning that some would try to spoil such a gift, she turned her attention back to the waters and walked up to it to dip her toes in it. The feeling sparked excitement in her as she stepped forward to let her feet be fully emersed in it's comfort. Seeing how the waters glowed a soft hue of blue, she let out a sight of relief as she extended her arms out and walked further into the water where she was completely submerged into the water. The clear waters allowed her to gaze up and see the starry sky above as she sunk further into the water. 

As she listened to the stillness of the waters, she listened to what her heart wanted. It ached to be healed. As little Jennie's words came to mind, her heart had worked so very hard not to give up and neither should she. She had reasons, she thought back to what Chaerin had reminded her of to Alpha Daesung's dream. She had a future that she could not wrap her head around. Her future was apparently bright though her current circumstances and past had not been so. Feeling her heart rate start to pick up, the pounding of her heart was not only felt but heard in her ears as the desire to overcome and heal started to spread like wildfire all throughout herself. Closing her eyes as she floated to the bottom, she compared it to what was happening. The only way we have is up now. Opening her eyes, she was met with the starry eyes that burned brightly in the glowing crystal blue waters. She sat in amazement by his sudden appearance. It took her back to when she had first laid eyes on him. He was a handsome stranger and now he was something more the thoughts ran through her mind as she swam to face the man before her. Reaching out, he took hold of her wrist and he flinched away as if touching her burned him. She knew it had to be the mark affecting him so, as she placed her hand onto his chest. Seeing the sense of relief cross his face, she grinned hoping to send him feelings to know it would be okay. Alpha Jiyong couldn't understand what was happening as he pulled her against him and swam up to the surface. Breaking through the surface, Minzy gasped at the feel of fresh air entering her lungs. It was a welcoming feeling, but she knew she could have lasted a little longer in the water as she walked out of the water. 

"What are you doing here," Alpha Jiyong asked as he followed her out of the water. "Have you come to embarass me further?" 

"No," she sighed as she squeezed the water out of her hair and turned to face him. 

"Have you come to save us from being over run because you see me as an incapable Alpha," he continue to question why she was there. 

"No," she said calmly. "I came to apologize. You deserve better," she honestly said. Her words made him grow quiet as he felt the remorse in her words. "I'm sorry that the Gods chose to punish you with the likes of me. I'm sorry that in the moment of my weakness I have hurt you with my undeserving mark." She went quiet as she tried to reign in her feelings, "I do not deny you because of you, but because of myself and my many faults. Being mates is a life sentence that I would not wish to curse you with. You can feel what I'm letting you feel now, but when we are completely bonded you will feel it all and fully know just how much I lack to provide the void you may think I can fill. But I am not Chaerin. I lack her strength, her courage, and much more ." 

Alpha Jiyong stiffened at the mention of his late Luna's name from the lips of the woman who had been tormenting his mind and heart over the last months. He tried to take in her words, but the way she glistened under the glow of the moon light and the shine of her lavender eyes made it hard for him to focus. There was so much they had to figure out and discuss, yet all he and his wolf yearned for was to be close to her. He felt as though all that he had and is currently suffering through did not matter compared to what was finally in front of him. Minzy. "Isn't that the point of having a mate? What one may lack the counter part may have and vice versa." He went quiet again to try and pull his thoughts together, "Minzy you will never be Chaerin..." His words made her flinch. She knew it true, but it still hurt knowing she couldn't amount to someone as great as late Luna Chaerin. "You could never be Chaerin because you are not her. You are you Minzy. The queen of the dessert lycans, Healer like Godess Nivea, first sworn unborn Crimson Crawler, and sacrifical lamb of the Night Walker pack. Your titles insist that what you think you lack, you make up for in far more important ways."

"I don't care for those titles. I care for how I have wronged you. You who has been nothing but just and kind to me. You who deserves to find a mate worthy to be with you," she said sincerely.

He walked to her and tilted her chin up to gaze at him with those lovely lavender eyes, "Then give me what I deserve. Let us rewrite our wrongs and become one." 

The tears fell from her eyes as she found herself mesmorized by his starry gaze, "Alpha Jiyong..." 

"Minzy I've never been as sure as I am right now. If what I am feeling now is only a fraction of what I will feel for you then let me have it. I just don't want a part of you, I want all of you. Please be my mate," he begged for her mercy. 

She took hold of his collar and stared at him in desperation, "Do you know what you're asking?!"

"Heal me," he breathed as he leaned forward to inhale her lavender scent that made his mouth water.

"Heal you? Are you hurt," Minzy asked as she pulled away to examine him. 

It was quite endearing to see the worry on her face. Grinning he nodded as he pointed to his chest, "Heal my heart." 

"Okay," she mumbled not realizing he had some kind of heart problems.

Placing her hand gently onto the area where he pointed her mind was pulled back to the cells. Seeing her pathetic self lying helpless on the ground she could feel the concern he had for her. In that moment nothing mattered but her health. It wasn't love but concern for a fellow lycan that was hurting just as much if not more than he was. She had brought him perspective to push to overcome self pity. And apparently been the cause of his visit where she had fallen in his arms like an angel from the skies. He couldn't understand at the time the shift, but the denial of it showed over time as he struggled to find self control any time he was around her. But it was the sorrow of finding her unconscious from the waters of Nivea. It was tortureous finding her day after day laying unconscious. It did not help that he selfishly wanted to be sole care taker of Minzy with the assistance of nurses, denying Commander Taeyang to rightfully take her in his charge. Doing what any lycan would do, Commander Taeyang sought the advice of his brother Alpha Daesung of the Night Walker pack. When Alpha Jiyong denied Alpha Daesung's request to see Minzy it only built the tension even more. In coming to terms with the regret of denying his feelings for Minzy he unintentionally started a war that took many lives from both packs. Lives he selfishly did not regret losing as she so effortlessly floated through the battle field and saved him from the fatal dual. The remorse he felt when he finally had his head pulled out of his was beyond him as he watched Minzy perform various miracles and cleaning up the mess he made. Her example made him resume his responsibility as Alpha. But only enough so that he could finally lay eyes on her in the comfort of his own home as it should be. Ready to profess what she was to him, she had denied him by reminding him of his past. Deflecting him and returning to find that she was taken by the dessert lycans sent him in a frantic haze. He was destroying everything in his path before her voice stilled him in his actions. Hearing her voice he readied himself to steal her back and upon doing so was amazed to see her being crowned queen. Things became more overwhelming finding that she was no longer scented and marked. Upon losing his chance of rightfully claiming her didn't wound his pride as much as it did his ache in the mark she had given him. It burned and helped him know that in time she would come around to seek him out. 

"Now that you're all caught up, what do you say," Alpha Jiyong said softly as he took her hands in his. "I bare your mark, will you bare mine?" 

Minzy marinated in the flashes of his memories he had let her see. She could sense that there a lot of things he was leaving out, but she didn't want to force it out of him. He had suffered and endured so much in such a short amount of time because of her. She couldn't understand why tthe Gods had placed such hardships on him. He was a good man and a kind one at that, even though he had a temper which was normal for wolves in her eyes. Her answer was a no brainer. It was at the tip of her tongue as she stood staring at how comfortable her hands fit in his.

"Minzy," Alpha Jiyong called her name as he could feel her withdrawing into her mind.

"Yes," she gazed into his eyes.

"Will you please be my mate and let me mark you," he nearly begged and pleaded with his eyes for her answer.

She bit the corner of her lower lip as she shifted from one foot to the other, "Alpha Jiyong...I would be lying if naturally I answered you with a yes..."

"But..." he added feeling there was most definitely a but coming. 

"But...I would be wronging you because my heart is not healed nor do I think I have the strength to do so," she admitted.

Alpha Jiyong stood quietly, still holding strong to her as his starry eyes softened, "Just like I asked you to heal my heart, I would like to in turn heal yours. Let me be your strength you need to heal your broken heart." 

Minzy's eyes began to water as she scoffed a laugh and looked away, "You're not going to give up are you?" 

"No I'm not and I cannot because..." reaching out to take her chin in his grasp to make her look back into his eyes. "It's you Minzy. You are my mate."

She couldn't deny him any longer as she felt her eyes water, "I...I can't..." The tears that spilled over showed just how overwhelmed she was, but the way he gently cupped her face in his large warm hands had her staring deep into his starry eyes. The eyes that had originally drawn her in to him. The eyes that were the window to his soul that she felt so undeserving of. The doubts fizzled out as she felt his strength in his gaze and his touch, "I...I will bare your mark." Alpha Jiyong pulled her flesh to flesh with him as he nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck. Her smell was intoxicating as his fangs elongated out. "Wait," she pulled away looking at how his eyes narrowed at her denying what he so desperately needed. "Mark me anywhere but there," she breathed as she placed her hand over the right side of her neck where her last mark used to be. His wolf huffed as he shifted and let her lay upon the cool dirt. Hovering over her, his snout inhaled her lovely fragrance and let his tongue loll out. Taking a long swipe along the right side of her neck, he nuzzled his nose into it letting her know he would respect her wishes. "Thank you," she breathed as she let her fingers run through his fur as his wolf sniffled down and narrowed its eyes on its target. Closing her eyes, she held her breath as she awaited her fate. 

 

Author's Notes:

Haha oh hell, this be cheesy as hell. Damn reviewing and editing this chapter had me chuckling. Wow the cheesiness I like to write is something else lol. Anyway, thanks for reading and your patience. I'm gonna try my damn hardest to come back and edit the next chapter sooner rather than later. Until the next update...