I Thank God For You

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sakura couldn’t sleep. Not because he doesn’t have his favourite blanket or pillow. But he’s dumbfounded how after years he still can’t read Eunbi easily.

 

He let out a sigh and pressed on his phone. 

It’s 11:30 p.m. and Sakura knows Eunbi is still not sleeping. Because Eunbi couldn’t sleep without him as much as he couldn’t sleep without her.

 

It’s like they’ve been assigned to be forever sleeping partners (and soulmates) and yeah they are forever each other’s sleeping partner, soulmate, love of each other’s life, the caramel to the pie (cause I don’t like apple pie), and everything.

 

He got up and ruffled his hair. Make the bed and slowly close the door. Carefully walking upstairs and opening the door to his bedroom.

He smiles seeing Eunbi being so tense and the lady was aware of someone’s presence.

 

“I know you’re not sleeping yet,” Sakura said.

“No I am sleeping,” Eunbi dumbly states.

Sakura lifted the duvet and laid on the bed. Scoot closer behind Eunbi and s his arm around Eunbi’s waist.

 

“Who told you that you can sleep in this bed?” Eunbi asked sternly.

“You,” Sakura smiles.

“Whatever. I’m still mad,” Eunbi closed her eyes. Trying to hide the smiles and how her heart leaping out her ribcage of warmth from Sakura’s embrace.

Soon she felt a kiss on her neck and cheek.

Eunbi growled, “I said I’m still mad.”

Sakura chuckles, “Good. So stay mad. I’ll be here until you’re not mad anymore.”

“You’re annoying,” Eunbi rolled her eyes.

“And you’re cute,” Sakura bantered.

“I know.”

 

Silence filled the space. And Eunbi heard chuckles and warm breaths to the back of her neck.

“Is it cold?” Sakura asked.

“No,” she answered dumbly.

“Then why are you in my sweater?” He asked again.

‘Because it smells like you and I can’t sleep without you’ but that was not what came out of . She instead shoot him down with “Because you’re stupid.”

Sakura laughed for a minute and silence engulfed the bedroom again. 

Even Wonyoung’s little penguin plushie can feel the silence.

 

“Are you hungry?” Eunbi suddenly asked.

“Not really. But I can do some food. Or you,” Sakura whispered the last sentence to Eunbi’s ear and he got a jab to his stomach. Eunbi’s elbow sure did sharp and he yelped at it.

Eunbi broke her serious stance when she accidentally giggled but quickly went back to her parade.

“Let’s go downstairs. I want some pancakes,” Eunbi got up and walked out carefully not to wake Wonyoung up.

 

Women always lie. (So does men)

Eunbi said she want pancakes but here the couple is eating instant noodles.

“Can we talk about it?”

“About what?” Eunbi pretends to be dumbfounded.

Sakura pouted and put the spoon. He cooed and rested his arms on the kitchen counter and pouted. Resting his head on his arm.

Eunbi couldn’t help but ruffle his hair.

“I’m jealous,” Eunbi admitted.

 

“It took me hours of solitude to realise that you’re jealous. I’m sorry because I always make you feel this way. But you should know I meant it when I said I want to be with you until we’re old and die and become ghosts and then prank our great great grandchildren.”

 

Eunbi pouted and got up her seat.

She walked around the corner and smoothly wrapped her arms around Sakura’s torso.

Sakura smiles at the action and rubs her back.

“You know I love you right?”

“I know,” Eunbi nodded and mumbled “You better be or Nako gonna slap you so hard.”

Sakura pulled his wife to sit on his lap and he tucked Eunbi’s hair behind her ears.

“You look cute when you’re being sulky like this. But cuter when you’re being my koala baby.”




You’re lucky if you have found someone you want to spend the rest of your life with. Friends, lovers or pets.

 

But you’re luckier when they want to spend the rest of their life with you too.

 

You might not know what’s going on in their head. Especially when they’re on their mood rollercoaster. But you can learn. You can get used to it and you will need no time to read them.

 

Sakura may not have a fair share of understanding women, but he only needs to understand 3 women. Wait, maybe 4. For now. Eunbi, his mother, his mother in law and Chaewon. Oh no, he has another 2 mysteries to be unveiled. Heck he doesn't even know what’s in Liddol Nako’s mind. 

 

But anyway, back to Mummy~

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter