Christmess?

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This year will be the first year that Yujin got to choose the tree for their Christmas. There was no plan in getting a tree or whatever but Yujin suddenly comes up with the idea. Said it was for his school project or some sort.

 

“Can we get it Mummy?” The little puppy stares into her eyes. Early in the morning. Eunbi stirred awake and there was a creature peeking inside her bedroom. 

Sakura was knocked out after feeding Wonyoung at 4am.

 

Eunbi cupped Yujin’s little face and proceeded to pat his head. She wanted to say “Ask your Daddy first” but she knows Sakura will agree to whatever their kids want.

He’s spoiling them a little bit too much.

 

Okay maybe not much but 5 presents for each kid and what is baby Wonyoung going to do with a rabbit shaped piggy bank? She’s like...3 months old. Still a little minion.

 

“Mummy….” Yujin twirled her blanket, Pouting. Still trying his luck.

Eunbi hummed and pretended to go back to sleep.

“Mummy no sleep yet!” Yujin shakes her body vigorously. Making the man beside her to flinch.

Sakura sleepy moans shrunk Yujin and he crouched down so his Daddy won’t see him.

He is still feeling a bit guilty after breaking his iPad screen.

 

Eunbi pinched the cute scrunched up boy and nodded lazily. “Sure. Let’s go get them later.”

Yujin beamed with so much brightness Eunbi cursed the dark bedroom for making it more visible.

“Eeee Thank You Mummy!!” Hugging his Mummy tightly, Yujin finally got his Christmas wish ticked off.

 

“Yujinnie where are you boy?” A shout came from downstairs.

The boy upstairs was busy looking for his beanie. He was sure he put it on his bedside lamp. But it’s gone. Is it with Cho? 

“Mummy… Do you see my beanie? I cannot find it.” He asked from the hallway. 

Eunbi stared up at her son and thought, “Have you tried looking for it under your bed? Or beside your bed lamp?”

“I did…” he frowned.

“Well try looking for it again.”

 

And magically it was there. Beside the bed lamp. HOW?? He was sure it wasn’t there before. HOW? 

“MUMMY IS REALLY A MAGICIAN” he screamed, running downstairs to hug his Mummy.

“Aite. Let’s go.” Sakura patted his head.

 

“Jinnie, Don’t forget your heat pack and scarf,” Eunbi wrapped the little boy. 

“Mummy Daengie is a tyre man now.” Yujin frowned. He looks exactly like the tyre man logo, Michelin. 

“Kikikiki. It’s for your own good honey,” a pinch added with a few kisses and Yujin was good to go hunting for his first Christmas tree. She wondered what his choice would be. Will he be choosing it or he’s just running around then get lost and cry for his Daddy?

 

Stay tuned…

Because Eunbi sure it’s the second option.


 

**********

 

And it is.

 

“Daddy!” Yujin cried for his Daddy. 

Daddy was just there looking at the tree and then Daddy is gone! Should he call Mummy? Maybe Mummy can find Daddy.

 

“Daddy! Mr Miyawaki!” Good idea Yujin. Call his name instead of Daddy. He’s not the only Dad there.

 

“Miyawaki Yujin!” Sakura huffed. He found his child. He had told him to not play around and keep close to him. But if there’s one thing Yujin’s not good at, it’s listening to people.

 

Yujin ran towards his Daddy and Sakura almost laughed at the way his crying son looked and it was that tight hug that made him soft.

“Iyarghh… You’re heavy now I can’t lift you easily anymore.” Sakura lifted his son and nuzzled his cheek.

Yujin didn’t care about his image anymore. He already tarnished it with his tears, so what’s a little kiss?

 

The boy kept holding his coat for the rest of their search.

“Daddy this is cute!” 

Sakura stopped his walk and turned towards where Yujin was pointing.

“Oh. Nice eyes Yujin.” 

Yujin puffed his chest with proudness. “Of course. It’s Miyawaki Yuding 😎.”

 

When the tree they purchased arrived, Nako was already tangled up with the Christmas lights and Yujin was a wreck being turned into reindeer by Nako.

The man who sent them the tree was shocked with the sight.

Eunbi coolly handles the situation with the typical “Kids~ You know how they can be.” And the man just laughed with remarks “Oh my children used to turn our house into a shipwreck. Glad they’re all adults now.”

 

Yujin the Rudolph or widely known as Yudolph grinned as he saw the tree he picked stood tall at the corner of their living room.

Sakura patted his head with another praise, “You have a good taste buddy.”

And Yujin couldn’t be any prouder.

 

Before the delivery man could get out of the house peacefully, the little boy put up his hand and asked, “Can I ask you something Mr Christmas Tree?”

The man chuckled, “Yes. What is it, Sir?”

“Where do Christmas trees go after Christmas? Do they go back to the North pole or they sleep until next Christmas?”

 

Mr Christmas Tree hummed for a while. 

“Well, Santa couldn’t carry all the trees in his sleigh. So Santa said to all the trees to go to a place called “Tree Center”. There, the trees will turn into smaller chips that can be reused again. Or, if you take care of them well enough, you can use them as a bird feeder. Just keep them up straight and put them outside. Then hang bird foods.”

“Birb!!” Nako squealed. Making the man laugh.

 

The man thought he’s finished with the kids but Yujin said no.

“Don’t the trees be sad because they cannot celebrate Christmas with their family?”

The question almost took him back had it not been for Nako's smart mouth.

“Then we will be tree famili!”

The adults cooed at the cute girls wrapped in Christmas light and the star topper on her head. Courtesy to Miyawaki Sakura.

“That’s right. You can be the tree family. Treat the tree right and make the tree happy.” The man patted the children’s head.

 

“Okay Mr Christmas Tree. You too take care of the trees and have a nice Christmas. Don’t let Santa catch you eating the cookies. It’s not for you!” Yujin reminded the man as he bowed and laughed walking into his pickup truck.

 

“You’re sure a smart mouth baby girl,” Sakura lifted Nako up.

“Now it’s time to decorate the tree!” He ran into the living room carrying tangled up Nako like Lion King while Eunbi almost lost her breath afraid that Nako would be strangled.

Yudolph ran behind his Daddy with that silly laughter on.

 

“Don’t make a mess or the three of you won’t get to eat cookies,” Eunbi warned the trio. In which they just nodded.


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter