Clingy Monkey

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That morning when Sakura dropped Yujin at the school was kind of embarrassing.

For Yujin.

 

Sakura wrapped his arm around Yujin’s neck and kissed his cheek deeply. Yujin tried to squirm away but Daddy is stronger than him.

When Sakura finally let go of Yujin, he kissed the top of his head and forehead.

Yujin’s friends were watching him and he felt a bit embarrassed.

 

Bekka is smiling at him. “Daddy my friends are watching” Yujin pushed him away.

“And?” Sakura didn’t take the clue.

“Daddy should go to work now. Or you’ll be stuck in car waiting”

“You mean traffic?”

“Yes. Daddy go. Yuding got school. Bye bye” Yujin pushed Sakura’s out of his classroom hard. 

 

His Daddy turned back and peeked into his classroom. “Bye bye buddy”

“Urgh bye Daddy” Yujin swatted his Daddy away.


 

“I don’t know why Daddy acts like Mummy” Yujin whined at Bekka.

“What do you mean?”

“Mummy always kissed Yuding many times and hugged me tight. Mummy will also cry when Yujin went to school”

“Hmmm Bekka also don’t know why. Maybe Daddy loves you so much.”

“Hmmm maybe” 

 

Sakura felt a bit hurt with how Yujin treated him. But he tried to brush it off with solid reasoning of “He’s growing up”

 

But fetching Yujin from school is not a good one. Sakura got a major issue to think about.

Yujin was a nervous wreck when his Daddy picked him up saying nothing to him. He didn't even ask what Yujin had for lunch.

And it’s weird.

The whole drive was a quiet one.

 

Daddy went straight to his bedroom and joined them later for dinner. But not saying a word to him. He played with Nako but not with Yujin.

 

Eunbi sees how sad Yujin looks. He wanted to call his Daddy but he’s not sure if Sakura will respond.

So he went to his Mummy.

Who was reading something on her iPad at the living room sofa.

“Mummy” Yujin came and rested his head on Eunbi’s lap.

Eunbi patted his soft hair and asked him “Yes honey. What’s wrong?”

 

“Daddy” he looked up. Eyes watery.

“What’s wrong with Daddy?” Eunbi asked. Trying to pretend she’s oblivious.

Sakura in fact had skyped her saying how hurt he is that Yujin felt embarrassed with his kisses. 

“He grew up so fast! He doesn't like my kisses anymore!” Sakura grumbled.

Eunbi just laughs as she watched her pouty husband. Well maybe the emotional stage has dawned upon Sakura. Kikikiki.

 

Yujin climbed the sofa and sat beside his Mummy. Hands on his side. Feets hanging.

“Daddy don’t talk to Yujin the whole day” he looked up to Eunbi at his side.

Eunbi smiles. Looking down at her sad son.

“Did Yujin do anything hurtful to Daddy today?”

Yujin shakes his head.

“No. Yuding don’t think so”

 

“Really?” Eunbi raised her brow.

Yujin stares at her and starts flashbacks on his day.

Yujin put up a hand.

 

“What is it?” Eunbi reached for that little grip.

“Yujin pushed Daddy away because Daddy keeps kissing Yuding. It’s embarrassing to let Bekka see it.”

“Why is it embarrassing? It’s just kisses and he’s your Daddy”

“Because no other kids have their parents do that”

“How do you know? Did they tell you that?”

“No”

 

“So how do you know?”

“Yuding just think so”

Eunbi took the boy closer to her side “Well just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. It’s okay if you feel embarrassed. But you must not push your Daddy harshly. Talk to him nicely. Daddy has a heart. And a heart can hurt. What will you feel if Nako pushed you away when you kissed her cheeks?”

“Yuding will be sad” Yujin pouted. Hands between his sprawled legs.

“That’s what Daddy feels” Eunbi poked the little boy’s tummy.

 

“What do Yuding do now Mummy?”

“Go apologise to your Daddy. Before he goes to sleep”

“But.. Yuding scared.. What if Daddy won’t forgive me?”

“Well, you will never know if you didn’t try”

 

Yujin pouted again.

“Let’s go to sleep Mummy. It’s late and baby need to have enough sleep”

 

Eunbi arched her brows. 

“How many hours is enough?”

“12 hours” Yujin grinned.

“Wow. That’s long”

“Yes. And that’s why Mummy needs to sleep so the baby can sleep too. Babies cannot play iPad. Yuding can”

 

Eunbi chuckles. In a way, Yujin is a smart .

 

“Let’s go to sleep” Eunbi turned off the lights and took Yujin's hand.

Who was peeking his head from the staircase as Eunbi turned off the lights at the hallway.

“Faster Mummy, dead man will catch you if you’re slow!” Yujin said nervously.

Eunbi jaywalked and played with him. Taking step by step.

 

“Mummy! Faster! Dead man is coming!”

Eunbi smirked and stopped walking.

“Mummy! Come with me!” Yujin ran and pulled her to the staircase.

 

“I am the dead man” she deepened her voice and grabbed Yujin’s arm.

“Mummy!! No!!!” Yujin squirmed. Eyes and voice shaky.

“Kikikiki” Eunbi laughed.

“Mummy not funny!”

“Yes it is”

“No!”

“Yes it is. For Mummy”

 

They reached the bedroom door and Yujin stood there waiting for Eunbi to open the door.

 

Sakura was playing with his switch when little Yujin peeked from behind his Mummy’s legs.

“Go to daddy now honey”

Yujin shakes his head, eyes glassy looking at Eunbi “Yuding scare”

 

Eunbi pulled him from her back and crouched “If you did something wrong, you must apologise. Now go there. Daddy won’t bite. He’s not the dead man in the backyard hallway” Eunbi rubbed circles in Yujin’s stomach.

 

“Mum..Mummy” Yujin hugged himself. Walking away from his teasing Mum.

 

“Daddy!!!” Yujin ran to Sakura and jumped onto his chest. Sending Sakura almost choking and his Switch thrown to the side of the bed.

“Daddy Yuding is sorry Yuding pushed Daddy away. Yuding doesn't hate Daddy. Yuding just want to look cool in front of Bekka”

“So Bekka is more important than Daddy?” Sakura asked, stern.

“No! Daddy is the most important! Yuding is sorry!” he hugged his Daddy tighter.

 

“Kiss Daddy first” Sakura teased. He knew Yujin wouldn't do such a thing anymore.

But to his surprise Yujin showers him with wet sloppy kisses.

“Ughh Miyawaki Yujin….” Sakura pulled his head away.

“Ugh Daengie stop it” he pushed Yujin slowly.

“No!” Yujin shakes his head.

“Daengie no! Daddy don’t want your kisses. Daddy also won’t kiss you anymore. It’s uncool, isn't it?” Sakura .

“No Daddy it’s cool! Daddy!” 

 

Yujin continued kissing Sakura’s face while Sakura pushed him away.

It’s funny seeing how the roles are reversed. Eunbi shakes her head and laughs.

“Daengie is sorry Daddy!” he hugged his Daddy again. Cheek rested on his chest.

 

Sakura can later feel wetness on his chest.

“Daengie are you crying?” he pushed Yujin up. But the little boy resisted.

 

Eunbi chuckles.

“Daengie.. Daddy forgive you. Don’t cry anymore. Daddy’s here. We are buddies forever. Remember?”

Yujin pulled his tears soaked eyes and put out his pinky finger.

“Pwomise?” he sobbed. Sniffing his snorts.

Sakura smiles “Promise”

“Daddy won’t stoph kishing Daengie?” Yujin sobbed still.

“Yes I won’t stop kissing you my clingy little boy”

Yujin hugged his Daddy and fell asleep 5 minutes later laying on Sakura’s chest.

 

Sakura tucked him to bed with kisses on his forehead.

He smiles as he reads the ‘Daddy’s Number One Buddy’ banner on top of Yujin’s bed.

“Yeah it’s right. You’re my number one buddy Daengie”



 

When he went into his bedroom, Eunbi was playing with his Switch.

He launched himself onto the bed and brushed his head against Eunbi’s side. And lay on his back, eyes reaching for Eunbi.

“What did you do to Yujin?” Sakura asked his wife.

“I didn’t. He came to me” Eunbi said, eyes on the Switch.

“How..Why?” Sakura pursed his lips.

“Apparently Daddy ignoring him is hurtful enough for him”

“Oh…”

 

“Serves him right,” Sakura chuckles.


 

“Now let’s put my other babies to sleep” He wrapped Eunbi’s waist with his arms and kissed her stomach.

 

“Baby miss Daddy? Daddy also misses my baby. When baby born, Daddy hope baby also clingy with Daddy”

 

Eunbi pinched Sakura’s cheeks, “No. Baby can only be clingy with Mummy. Daddy already have Yuding and Nacho”

 

“Ouuu is Mummy jealous?” Sakura smirked. Looking up to Eunbi.

“Nope” Eunbi crossed her arms.

Sakura let go of his hug to lay beside Eunbi.

Resting on his side, he pulled Eunbi into a hug and kissed her forehead.

“Daddy likes it when Mummy clingy with Daddy” he land his lips on Eunbi’s.

“Well then, find a monkey to cling on you”

 

Sakura gasped “Are you saying Yujin is a monkey?? And baby Nako too??”

Eunbi slapped his chest “No not Nako! Yujin might be”

“Mummy!!” Sakura laughs.

“If Yujin heard it he’s going to be so confused. “But Mummy if Yuding a monkey then Mummy is Mummy monkey” ” Sakura mocked the boy.

 

“We’re all monkey family”

“Aak akk!” Sakura makes monkey sounds.

 

Eunbi pulled him into a kiss and laugh “Even as a monkey you would still be the most handsome”

“Even as a monkey you would be the most y. And still my Mummy” Sakura nuzzled her neck.

 

“Let’s go to sleep Daddy Monkey” Eunbi turned her back on Sakura and wrapped his arms around her waist. His hands on her tummy. Forcing him to rub circles on it.

“Alright Mummy Monkey” Sakura kissed her neck twice and rubbed circles on Eunbi’s tummy. A softest lullaby for Mummy. 

 



**********


 

The next morning, Sakura was ambushed with monkey boy Yujin clinging to him.

The little boy hugged his Daddy so tight Sakura can’t walk properly.

“Daengie, let Daddy go. Daddy need to go to toilet”

“No!” Yujin refuses. Shaking his head.

“Ayye buddy don’t do this”

Eunbi had to pull Yujin away from latching to Sakura so that her husband could go to the toilet properly.

 

“Daengie, let Daddy go. Daddy only going to toilet”

“Daengie will go to toilet with Daddy”

Sakura almost choke. Just one night could change this little boy tremendously.

“Buddy nope. Daddy n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter