Yuding the Hero (Not Really)

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Daddy bought new toys!!” Sakura entered the room with two plastic bags.

“And some foods too!”

 

Yujin, who was busy fighting an imaginary monster quickly ran to his Daddy. Meanwhile Nako was busy tailgating Eunbi.

Little girl was trying hard to get the chicken popcorn Eunbi had made for the dinner. She can’t recruit Yujin because he was busy ‘saving the world’.

 

Yujin ran quick and jumped high to reach the plastic bag. Sakura had raised his arm higher so that little boy can’t reach it.

“Nacho! Nacho! Help Ding!!” Yuding cried out.

And Nako, as small as she is, quickly arrived to the rescue.

 

Copying Yujin’s acts, Nako jumped and tried to snatch the plastic bag. Only thing is, she punched her Daddy’s private part instead.

Sending Sakura wailing of pain.

“Arckkkkk!!” Sakura clenched his teeth and clamped his thighs. Curling on the floor.

 

The plastic bags shattered. 

 

“Food......” he wailed.

“I got this” a hand picked it up and smile coyly at him. Walking away without giving a hand.

The two kids had successfully confiscated their toys and are now making a mess at the living room.

 

“He...Help.....” Sakura crawled towards the kitchen.

Damn Nako really have strong fist. It feels like his balls shattered.

“Eun....Help me.....” he exaggerates his cries.

 

Eunbi came and crouched in front of him. “That’s what you get when you disobeyed your wife”

 

Sakura faked crying and Yujin just watched him.

 

Sakura pulled himself up for a few push ups and walked shakily to the kitchen.

Pulling Eunbi into backhug and whined at her ear “Daddy dont think Daddy can give another baby anymore.....sobs”

“You’re being dramatic” Eunbi slapped his cheeks slow. Chuckling over the dramatic whine.

 

”Unnggg~” Sakura acted cute.

“Now, my cute and handsome husband, you better make sure your...” Eunbi grabbed Sakura’s crotch “babymaker is okay.. because we’re in need of it’s service still”

“I don’t know if it’s okay or not.. I need to check it first”

Eunbi traced the outline of the P and pressed on it.

With every Pascal, Sakura whimpers. “Ho..holy .. not here Mummy...the..the kids”

 

Eunbi let go of her grip and smirked.

Sakura panted and gasped for air.

“Holy Eun.. You’re one of a kind....”

 

 

“Kids, come on have your dinner” Eunbi smirked and called the kids.

 

“Daddy why are you on floor?” Yujin asked.

“Daddy horss!!” Nako tried to climb on his back.

 

Eunbi just had to hold her laughter in.

‘Kikikiki. Serves you right!’

 

 

**********

 

 

“Daddy!” Yujin ran to his Daddy’s lap. Who was busy surveying something on his laptop.

“Yes buddy..”

“Teach Yuding how to tie shoe rope”

“Shoe rope?” Sakura creased his brows. Now that’s ghe first time he ever heard of such thing. Does it really exist though?

“Yes! The rope on your shoe. You always do something with it and it becomes skinny wilted ribbons. Nacho likes ribbon too(a #TMI)”

“Ahhh.. you meant the string? It’s called shoelace buddy”

It’s Yujin’s turn to crease his brow. “Shoe have face?” Clearly kiddo, you misheard the word.

“Shoe-LAce. Not face” Sakura pinched the fluffy cheek.

 

“Okay okay. Daddy teach Yuding how to tie it. Please.....” Yujin squirmed and rubbed his small hands on Sakura’s knees.

“Now buddy why do you want to learn tying shoelaces? Ain’t all your shoes are velcro-ed?”

Yujin blink his eyes. “That’s a weird word Daddy”

 Sakura scoffed. “Your shoes have no laces. Why would you tie it?”

 

“Be...Because.....” Yujin clashed his index fingers together. 👉🏿👈🏻

“Because?”

“Bekka dont know how to tie her shoe rope and Yuding want to be her hero. So Yuding can tie her shoe rope. And Bekka will like Yuding more”

Yujin said slowly. Cheeks flushed.

“Yuding likes Bekka?” Sakura pried.

“Yes. Bekka is my friend. So Yuding likes Bekka”

 

‘Hiks..okay Daengie. You likes her because she’s your friend.. hehehe. Your Daddy liked your Mummy as friend too. Once. hehehe. What are we Daengie? A twin?’

Something tickles in Sakura’s tummy. Knowing full well about Yujin’s uncanny similarities with him.

 

“Okay, come here buddy. We need a spot on demo” Sakura offered a hand and walked Yujin out to their shoe cabinet.

Taking one of his sneaker and undo the laces.

 

It took 5 demonstrations for Sakura to accept that Yujin had trouble with shoelaces.

It’s not a weird thing. Especially with kids. To not know how to tie their shoes. But after several ways shown to him, Yujin still can’t grasp the concept.

 

Being slowly disappointed in himself, Sakura took Yujin’s little hand to stop tying his laces. After 6th trials he still cannot do an acceptable tie.

“Buddy. I think we could use some hacks. But only for now”

“But Daddy... Yuding don’t want hack. Yuding want to tie shoe. Bekka must like Yuding more if Yuding can tie her shoe laces” Yujin pouted. Being apparent that he is frustrated.

 

Before he self critique more, Sakura hugged the little boy.

“Sometimes being a hero doesn’t mean you can do everything. You don’t have to be perfect to be a superhero. We could be a spot on hero. Good at things we does and lack at things we don’t.

We can take it slow. We can do it step by step. We’re not saving a nation yet. Think of it as you help Nako. You don’t always succeed but you don’t always fail. You’re a superhero of your own”

 

Yujin slowly release his hands from the shoelaces.

Wow-ed at Sakura’s speech. He only understand half of his Daddy’s speech. But he gets what Sakura mean.

Tying shoelaces won’t make him a superhero. Bekka can do it herself. Yujin will stay with velcro.

 

“Okay Daddy. Yuding get it. Yuding is superhero because Yuding can defeat Cho at cereal eating. It’s okay Daddy, Bekka can ask her Mum to tie her shoelaces. Yuding is hungry now”

 

That 6 times shoe ‘rope’ demos wear Yujin’s off. And it’s actually time for his cookies and milk. But Mummy is nowhere to be seen.

“Where is Mummy?” Yujin’s superhero with the cookies and milk.

 

Speaking of the angel, Eunbi walked down the stairs with Nako stepping down slowly. Hand gripping her Mummy’s tight.

“Ding! Cookies!” Nako hopped the last staircase happily. Running to the shoe cabinet.

“What Ding do?” the little girl parked her bum on Sakura’s lap and just watched Yujin.

“Ding just tie shoe. But Ding cannot do. It’s okay Ding can be superhero that cannot tie shoe” Yujin puffed his chest and proudly show his dishevelled shoelaces.

 

“Come on my heroes, let’s eat cookies now”

 

Yujin took Nako’s hand and the kids ran to the kitchen. Eunbi waited for Sakura to rearrange the shoes.

“What’s with him?” Eunbi asked her husband. Offering a hand to him.

Sakura took his wife’s hand gladly “Trying to learn shoe lacing so he can impress Bekka”

Eunbi chuckles “That’s so Sakura thing to do. I guess it flows down on Yujin too”

 

Eunbi can still remember those days where Sakura tried his best to not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter