Livin’ On A Prayer

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hakhakhak this is long chapter~

 

 

Sakura was in his office playing some games after finishing his proofreading.

Yujin and Nako were tiptoeing to his door. Knocking slowly, they pushed the door open.

“Daddy!!” both kids ran to him.

Sakura put down his headset and pick the two kids up. Putting them both on his laps.

 

“What is Daddy doing?” Yujin asked.

“Daddy is watching some concert” he lied.

There’s in no way in hell or Utah Sakura gonna teach Yujin and Nako gaming at such young age.

“Concert?” Yujin asked again. Nako was trying to touch the keyboard but Sakura held her hand. Making the girl focused on their interlaced hands instead.

“Ngee” Nako glee. She knows it means no but she going to Daddy anyway.

“Concert is an place where singers sing a lot of  songs” Sakura simply conclude.

Yujin formed an ‘O’ and nodded “Have Daddy been to one?”

 

Sakura clicked on a folder in his desktop and shows his old photo at a concert with his friends Naruto and Sasuke.

 

Nako clicked on the mouse and it shows another picture of the three of them in front a ramen shop.

“What is this picture Daddy?”

Naruto, in the center was grinning widely as usual. On his left was Sakura smiling coolly and at his right, Sasuke was slightly annoyed with Naruto never ending photo sessions.

“Oh. This is from Uncle Naruto’s birthday”

“Ooo” Yujin nodded.

 

 

“Where are Uncle Naruto and Uncle Sasuke now Daddy?”

“Uncle Naruto went back to Konoha to be a Hokage. And Uncle Sasuke.. went on some mission in the jungle”

“What is Hokage Daddy? And where is Konoha?”

“Hokage is the highest level of algae and Konoha is in Japan” Sakura made up the facts.

“Why Uncle Naruto becomes algay?”

“It’s algae buddy. Al-gae” Sakura pronounce it syllable by syllable.

“All-gay..” Yujin teased.

“It’s okay buddy, as long as it sounds the same” Sakura shrugs and ruffles his hair.

 

 

**********

 

 

“Do you know..” Sakura about to get into the rhythm.

“No” Yujin interlude.

“Nwo!” Nako repeats. And smashed on the keyboard slowly.

“Hmphh! Okay. So, when I was a young boy, my father took me into the city” Sakura started.

“And?” Yujin’s eyes blinking rapidly.

“To see a marching band”

“Okay” Yujin nodded.

 

Sakura continues “He said, ‘Son when you grow up, Would you be the savior of the broken, The beaten and the damned?’”

“Daddy no swearing 😠” Yujin glares at him. Opening his hand. 20 cent for a swear.

Sakura went 😐🙂. Is ‘damn’ even considered as a swear word though?

“I’ll give you later. Now let me continue and forgive me for the slip tongue”

“Okay continue. 20 cent.” Yujin smirked.

 

“He said ‘Will you defeat them? Your demons, and all the non-believers. The plans that they have made?’”

Yujin can understand none of this ! Oh I mean, none of this Shut! (I’ll give 20 cent to you later Yujin)

But Yujin being Yujin just nodded.

 

Sakura brushed his forehead “ ‘Because one day I'll leave you. A phantom to lead you in the summer. To join The Black Parade’ ”

“Okay Daddy. I don’t understand but it’s okay”

Sakura laughed slowly. And open up his Spotify. “Now listen”

 

The simple “What are you doing Daddy” has now turned into mini concert.

 

Those three were jamming to several songs together. Sakura took a blanket on the sofa and sealed the door.

From My Chemical Romance To Linkin Park to Oasis and down to The Killers. Wait, his list is...wow? AC/DC turned into U2 and off to A7x, Nirvana & RHCP. 

 

He should have let the kids listen to Savage Garden instead. Or Fleetwood Mac.

What would Eunbi say if Yujin suddenly bang his head and Nako beside him drumming?

Oh, he knew what it would be. Couch or Yujin’s bed for a week.

 

He tone it down and let the kids listen to his once anthem. Bon Jovi - Livin’ On A Prayer.

 

“Woah ooo we’re halfway there..” he pointed the ‘mic’ aka marker to Yujin and Nako. Who were playing with air guitar and Nako was... urm maybe drumming. Let’s just say she’s the drummer.

“Woahh ooo” Yujin and Nako chirped.

“Living on a prayer!!” the three sing out.

“Take my hand, we'll make it I swear” Sakura danced with Nako.

“Woah, livin' on a prayer!!” Yujin took his solo part. With his air guitar.

 

Eunbi sure she heard some noises. But knowing the kids in their Daddy’s office, she pay no worries to it. 

The trio finished the song with Nako slumped onto the couch. She panted.

Sakura pinched her cheeks and smiles.

 

“Okay now let’s stop this concert. Daddy is tired” Sakura lay down.

“Ding too” Yujin throw himself next to his Daddy on the carpet. Spread like a starfish.

Nako saw and copied him.

“Cho two!”

 

 

**********

 

 

After Yujin and Nako were shoved out his office, Sakura clicked back on the photo of them 3 in front of the ramen shop.

That night was one of a kind.

 

Going to every bar they can enter once Naruto turns 21.

Pftt they parade the town walking slowly trying to get on their feet.

“Ruto, we should try this bar” Sakura said.

Sasuke who was holding Naruto just nodded.

 

There, at the bar. Sakura wouldn’t have thought that he would saw something special.

“......” he said.

“No bro we ain’t here to . We’re here to drink” Sasuke reminded him.

“No. Of course not. But, look at that....” Sakura pointed to something on the wall.

 

‘Free Drinks for Birthday’

 

“Yooo Naruto! Look at that!!” Sasuke tried to wake his friend up. Who is dozing off after their 7th bar.

“W...what??” Naruto struggled to open his eyes.

“It’s a freaking free drinks bro!!!” Sakura jumped.

“Yo yo! Order now!!” Sasuke let go off Naruto.

Naruto who was in his slumber fell onto the floor.

“Arckk” he patted his sore . His friends are nowhere to be seen.

‘Oh, there they are. Jumping at the bar counter. Leaving me the VVIP on the floor. Patting my own ’ Naruto growled. 

 

“Oh so here’s the birthday boy. Drinks on me” a man, probably in his late 30s poured some mix of drinks and handed out to them.

“I don’t think your buddy here could handle anymore glasses by the way” he pointed to half closed eyes Naruto.

“Yeah, new adult” Sakura chuckles.

 

 

They spent only 30 minutes there and walked out the bar feeling hungry. Peanuts and booze surely only make them feeling bloated, not full.

“Hey hey, why not we head to our fort?” Sasuke suggested. Hearing that, Naruto suddenly turned sober.

“Ohh of course, he would be fresh thinking of the ramen” Sakura shakes his head.

And off they took a cab to the small ramen stall.

Where they had to pay for Naruto’s three bowls of ramen. Because “It’s my birthday bro!”.

Seriously though, how is he still not full even after all those drinks?

 

 

“Ahhh I’m so full.. Let’s go party!!” Naruto shouted outside the ramen stall.

Sasuke growled “Party your . Let’s go back home”

“Oh come on! You’re no fun!” Naruto pulled Sasuke into an arm lock.

“I don’t care what but we need to go home now. We got class tomorrow” Sasuke reprimand, trying to elbow Naruto in his stomach.

“Oh about that, I actually have wrote us some letters of excuses. In case we’re too hungover for class” Sakura smirked.

“See brooo no problem!!” Naruto grinned and ruffles Sasuke’s hair.

Sakura growled again and gave Sakura a sharp look.

Just as they were walking down the street, going to their 9th bar, Naruto fell to the ground.

“Oii buddy wake up!” Sasuke shouted.

Sakura crouched and shake the blonde boy “Oiii”

 

 

However,

Naruto curled himself and pulled his jacket “Urm Mum I don’t want to go to school. It’s cold”

“I ain’t your mama boy. Now wake up” 

Seeing Naruto not making any move Sakura sighs, Clouds of breath exited his mouth.

It was October 10, 3 fricking a.m and it’s damn cold.

“Fine let’s go home” Sakura picked him up and they went home.

 

 

 

The next day, Sakura still go to class.

Because Eunbi was there. Hehehehe.

(Holy this is NarutoXIzone crossover!)

 

 

**********

 

 

Sakura went to work leaving his iPod on the table. Telling Yujin if he wanted to listen, just come and get it. But only listen at low volume.

Anddd... Only listen to one playlist only. (Since the others are not really appropriate)

Eunbi was cooking when a kid suddenly run down the stairs and get into Sakura’s office. 

He only grins at Eunbi and ran back upstairs.

“Save me, save me! I need your love before I fall” Yujin the Army.

 

“Yujin! Nako! Come here now!” she shouted.

“Yujinnn” Eunbi called again.

“On the way Mummy!!” Yujin run down.

“Hurry Nacho! Get on my back!” he crouched and Nako jumped onto his back. The two kids then make their way to the dining table safeky.

“Wash your hands first”

“All-ready!” Nako put up her wet hands. 

“Okay then” Eunbi walked around and Yujin was getting annoyed. ‘Yuding is hungry!’

 

“SIT DOWN MUMMY! BE HUMBLE!!” he suddenly shouted. But it was more of melodic.

Nako then copied him “C dan Mummy b ambel!!”

Eunbi eyes opened wide, ain’t it that...song?

Where did Yujin learned that?

 

She looked at Yujin and saw wire dangling.

“Miyawaki Yujin, what you got in your ears?”

Yujin just shows her an iPod she knows too much.

 

“Miyawaki Sakura....”

Eunbi was about to nag but Yujin sway his head

“Maybe..... save me....And after alllll....You’re my wonderMummmmm” Yujin pointed at her and winked.

“Der mummmm” Nako copied poorly. 

Okay, it would be a lie if Eunbi say she wasn’t touched with that gesture and adlibs.

 

After lunch , Yujin continue his concert again. Well, nano concert shall it be since there’s only one fan there. His own little sister.

“Yuding a good boy!” he put his hands up.

“Nacho a good good” he pointed to Nako.

“Gut!” 

 

“Yes I’m a player. You can be my coach love a fair!”

“Yuding a good boy!”

 

“Alright that’s enough” this is starting to be loud and annoying?

 

“Everywhere you at....” Yujin continues.

“Put your hands in the air how you feeling out there? We gonna party”

 

“Yujin” Eunbi called him.

 

“Say lalalalalalalalalala”

“Yuding a good boy!”

 

Yujin eventually gave up the concert after being extra enthusiast with BTS - Fire.

He sweat rocks for the concert.

 

Yujin found himself fell asleep on the couch. Tired from his mini concert maybe🙄.

 

 

**********

 

 

When Sakura went home, he carried Yujin to his bedroom. Yujin is sleeping very soundly. Sakura kissed his temple repeatedly.

“My lil boy. Soon you’ll go to school. I hope everything’s good for you.” He kissed him again.

Eunbi walked closer and softly brushed Yujin’s hair. Kissing the top of his head.

“He’s gonna be alright” she smiles. Reassuring him Yujin’s going to be okay.

 

As they lay him down to sleep, sitting at each side of the bed. Sakura slowly pat Yujin’s hair. Looking at his dear life.

“I’m just worried. He’s lot skinnier than other kids”

“He’s gonna be okay” Eunbi reassures again.

 

“He’s shy with strangers”

“Trust me. Everything will be alright. Don’t worry too much”

“When did he grew up?” Sakura sighs.

“I don’t know”

“My buddy is going to be a big man. When you grow up, be a better man than your Daddy”

Eunbi smiles. But seeing specks o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter