The News

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So, Mr and Mrs Miyawaki..”

“Cho...” Nako chimes in.

The doctor smiles and bopped her nose “And Nako, Yujin, Pingu and Gunny”

The parents watches as the cheeks of the two years old girl turned pink.

Her first crush?

 

 

“I have bad and good news. Which one do you prefer first?” the handsome doctor, with nametag attached on him showing his name, Kang Jin Ho said. Kneading his fingers.

 

“Gut!” Nako answeres. And blushed when the doctor Jin Ho pinched her cheeks. Calling her cute.

He looked at the worried parents and they nodded.

“Good thing is, Mrs Miyawaki is all good and healthy”

The couple nodded.

Still nervous.

 

“And the bad news?” Sakura asked.

The doctor fixes his stance. Cleared his throat.

His brows furrowed “The bad news is..”

 

 

 

Yujin’s Gundam suddenly lose its limb and fell onto the floor.

 

Gaining attention from the adults.

The little boy then crouched and picked it up “Don’t fall! You just take a bath at home! No dirty allowed in Mummy’s home!” Yujin scolded the discarded limb.

 

Sakura furrowed his brows, turning to the doctor. “Is that... a bad sign?”

 

And Eunbi’s whole breakfast felt like it’s creeping up. Crawling up her oesophagus, stopping at the throat and now at the edge of exiting upon seeing the dark look on her doctor’s face.

She held Sakura’s hand tighter. Making her husband scooped closer. Grabbing her fingers firmly.

 

 

The doctor looked at the two kids who are bickering because Nako don’t want to let her Pingu play with Yuding’s Gundam.

 

He took deep breath.

“The bad news is, the kids have to share their toys”

“Eh??” Yujin and Nako shocked.

 

The doctor smiles “It’s bad news for the kids. Hahaha”

 

Clearly, the doctor is the only one laughing.

Nako and Yujin hide their toys behind their back. Protecting what’s important to them.

 

 

 

Eunbi and Sakura exchange looks.

“Do..do you mean...?” Eunbi stuttered.

He nodded “Yes Mrs Miyawaki, you’re pregnant”

“Nacho,Yuding, how do you feel getting new sibling?” the doctor asks.

“Cho like!” Nako smiles. Do you like the baby or you like the doctor Nako ya?

“Daeng too! Baby cute!”

‘Eh kids.. you two changes like the weather...’

 

 

Jin Ho proceeds to explain the basic pregnancy stuffs that Eunbi didn’t really listens. She had been through two. What more can another one bring?

 

She braided Nako’s hair and swept back Yujin’s.

 

They walked out the room with meaningful smiles.

Well, with Nako kissing Jin Ho’s cheeks. The doctor was smitten with the cute girl while Nako will possibly name Pingu as Jin Ho later.

 

 

Sakura laced his hand with his wife. Sneaking a kiss on her temple.

“I guess they’re okay then” Sakura whispers at Eunbi. Hugging her waist. Eunbi just smiles. 

She is far too ecstatic to be saying anything.

 

Nako stopped the couple from smiling like a fools.

She held both her parents hands and swinging from it. Singing some tunes only Nako understands. 

Yujin was skipping happily with his ‘healed’ Gunny that Sakura fixed.

 

It seems like the new baby is very well accepted into their little family then.

Honestly, it is such great news. Sakura and Eunbi were worried about them being jealous or even insecure with the arrival of the new baby.

But it seems like the kids don’t really mind.

 

As they about to cross the street, Sakura took Yujin’s little hand and lifted him to be sitting on his shoulder.

He shouted and put Gunny to be sitting on his Daddy. Nako held her Mummy’s hand and ‘guided’ Eunbi to their car.

 

“When baby comes Yujin want to teach him wrestling” Yujin said as walked his Gundam on Sakura’s head.

“Him?” Sakura looked up.

“He’s a boy” 

“How do you know?”

“Yujin knows” he puffed his chest. Proud of himself.

 

“If that’s what you want then” Eunbi smiles and brushed his back lightly.

 

 

On the ride home, it was mostly all about the new baby.

Sakura peeked through the mirror and asked the children.

“What do you guys want to name the baby?” 

“Ji Ho!” Nako raised her voice. Grinning till her eyes all vanished under the eyesmile.

“Gunny!!” Yujin raised his hand.

 

“No you can’t name the baby with same name as Gunny. Baby would be confused”

Yujin went quiet for few seconds..

“Kakashi!” he said.

 

Sakura chuckles. He didn’t expect Yujin to name the baby with his teacher’s name.

 

“Lmao kiddo, we don’t want naughty baby don’t we?” Sakura laughs.

 

Eunbi just keep her hand rubbing her tummy.

She can’t feel the baby yet. Maybe in few months or weeks she can feel her. Or him.

She don’t really mind. As long as the baby healthy and happy.

 

Sakura looked at his wife and placed one of his hand on Eunbi’s stomach.

“Daddy drive car! No naughty!” Yujin reminded him.

“Nauty!” Nako laughed and mocked.

 

Eunbi just smiles as she playfully slapped Sakura’s hand.

 

 

**********

 

 

The dinner was served by Sakura.

He the Skype from his iPad and called both of their parents.

 

“We have something to tell all of you” Sakura grinned.

Eunbi plays with her food. Her cheeks flushed.

 

“Let Yuding tell! Let Yuding tell!” Yujin jumped trying to persuade his Daddy.

 

“Okay buddy, tell your grandparents about it”

 

“We will have new baby! And the name is Kakashi!” 

 

“EHHH??” both their parents were shocked. This is such a great surprise and what’s even surprising is they already have name?

 

Eunbi pulled Yujin to be sitting on her lap “I’m pregnant. And no, the name won’t be Kakashi” Eunbi laughs.

“Name Ji Ho!” Nako hopped on Sakura’s lap. Debris of the shredded chicken flew.

“Eee Nacho! Bad!!” Yujin squinted his eyes as he wiped the flying chicken from his cheeks.

 

They talked about some miscellaneous stuffs and said goodbye when Eunbi felt a bit sore.

Probably tired from the long day they had.

 

 

Nako saw her Mummy yawning and hopped off Sakura’s lap. Pushing Yujin who was sitting on Mummy’s laps away so she can hug Eunbi’s legs “Mummy Schleep! Nacho schleep too!”

Eunbi patted her head “No Nacho Mummy need to clean the kitchen first”

 

“Yuding can clean the kitchen! With Daddy! Mummy go sleep!” Yujin massage Eunbi’s thigh, giving his cute eyesmile.

Seeing the two kids clinging around her made Eunbi’s heart flutters.

A tear was about to drop. But Sakura cut it away.

“Baby just go upstairs. We got this! Don’t worry! Yujin will wash all the dishes!” Sakura nodded.

“Daddy! Dishes heavy! Daddy do it!”

“No Yuding do it!”

“No! Daddy do it!”

“Yuding do it! Or no iPod for a week!”

“But Daddy..!”

Eunbi picked herself up leaving the messy father and son duo to bicker.

Nako trailed behind her, asking for bedtime story from her Mummy.

 

Eunbi cradled the small Nako on her lap and hummed lullabies for the little girl.

It only took few minutes before the lullabies went soluble bringing Nako into her own dreamland.

Slowly tucking her in, Eunbi kissed the girl’s temple. She rubbed tender circles on her cheeks.

“You will always be Mummy’s little girl. And Mummy’s best girlfriend” she kissed her cheeks and turn on Nako’s sleeping lamp, the stars projector.

 

When Eunbi closed the door, the familiar vocies from Yujin’s room invited her in.

The messy duo.

“But Daddy! Yuding only wear it once for this week!” Yujin jumped on his bed.

Sakura sat at the edge, pulling Yujin down “No! Not this pyjama again. You have lots of other pyjama.”

“But Yuding like this the best!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter