021

Him&I

 

Chaewon was mentally cussing herself as she sat down across the two.

“So, are you here for good now? I mean, that’s what the rumors say.” Hyejin said in playful manner.

“Kind of. My brother needs help with work here.” She replied, they were presented with the menu.

“Let’s just get the chef’s specials.” Hyejin suggested, Sehun read the items and he blinked.

Chaewon blinked and flinched, she looked at the waiter.

“How about we order something else? This one includes salmon and a lot of carrots.” Sehun spoke, Hyejin turned to him and nodded.

“Is the anything you prefer eating, Chaewon-ssi?” Sehun turned to her, the girl paused before speaking.

“As long as it doesn’t have fish.” Chaewon replied, Hyejin smiled.

“You know, Sehun almost cancelled on me today, it’s so hard just to grab lunch with him.”

Why do I have to know?

He’s not one for fine dining cuisine.

“Ah, really?” Chaewon nodded along.

“But, I dropped by in his office and found him having take out food. It was just…sad.” Hyejin continued. Sehun eyed the girl briefly before finishing their order.

“Right, about the other day, your boyfriend seems to be really in love with you. You lucky girl.” She cooed.

Oh my god, what an empty can.

“Yes, uhm, I guess. But, unnie, what are you up to lately? I heard about your father’s plan for expansion in Chiba.”

“Yes, yes. Right, you grew up in Japan.”

“I did.” Chaewon took a small sip from her drink.

“It’s going to be next year; we start talks with firms next month but my father wants~”

“I don’t know if you heard, Hyejin-ah, but vice chairman Ji here will be partnering up with Samsung.” Sehun begun, Chaewon’s eyes went to him.

“What? Really?”

“Yes, well, we can’t really discuss about it now. Everything is still in talks. Right, Oh Sehun-ssi?” Chaewon replied, Sehun shrugged at her. Chaewon leaned back on her seat, her forehead creasing.

“It’s already been talk of the town lately. It’s a big project.” Sehun replied.

“Well, good thing I already introduced you two beforehand, you guys don’t have to go through that awkward uncomfortable stage.” Hyejin chuckled and she leaned back on her seat.

Jesus, take the wheel.

“I bet you two would make great partners.” She added, Chaewon’s eyes went to Sehun briefly. He raised his brows at her, challengingly.

“For work. Sure.”

 

 

Changwook looked up just as Kai joined them at their table, Hyebin smiled at her cousin.

“Hyung, you are crazy. She will kill you.” He grinned as he sat down.

“Oh, you heard.”

“I heard whispers, and once I did. I realized there was something fishy about the random draw thing.”

“I warned him about it,” Hyebin started as she picked up her fork.

“But he wants to take a risk, so he’s on his own.”

“My sister is really angry with him, up to the point that I think it’s unhealthy. I just want her to realize that…I want her to think that…” Changwook trailed off, Kai paused and looked at the male.

“It just doesn’t add up, you know.”

Hyebin puffed her cheeks and nodded.

“What are you talking about, hyung?” Kai asked as he checked his pasta.

“Sehun leaving her like that, it just doesn’t make sense.”

Jongin paused briefly, his forehead creased.

“I’m not going to ask the two of the get back together, I’m not like that, I just think that Chaewon….”

“Chaewon needs closure.” Hyebin finished for him, Kai set his fork down and leaned bck on his seat.

“Don’t you think the same?” Changwook asked him, he looked up from his plate and nodded.

“I—I guess they b—both do, hyung.”

 

 

“So, give me a run down,” Joohyuk spoke, Chaewon’s secretary grimaced.

“Don’t worry, she wont know. I wont tell her, right?” Joohyuk patted Hwan’s head, how he ended up babysitting the Ji young master was unknown to Chaewon’s secretary.

“We both think that there’s something going on with uncle Sehun and my aunt, mister.” He added, the male blinked at him.

“Because Hwan found photos of them at home, that’s why we both want to know, right?” Joohyuk smiled at the kid.

“Actually,” The male set his folders down before taking the seat across Joohyuk and the little Changwook beside him.

“They met during their university days, the samonim was with child when that happened.”

“The said child is right here.” Hwan nodded and pointed to himself, Joohyuk chuckled.

“They ended being together. Vice president Oh was the young miss’s boyfriend throughout their whole sophomore and junior year.”

“Huh.” Joohyuk leaned forward.

“But then an accident happened, sir. I’m sure, you know how badly injured the vice chairman was.”

“This part I know, she told me…that Sehun disappeared on her.”

“That’s what I want to know more about. Why?” Joohyuk asked him, the male paused.

“Nobody knows, sir.”

“So, after everything, Chaewon was flown to LA for surgery and he…he just left?”

“Yes, sir.”

“But he wasn’t hurt.” Joohyuk was confused.

“He wasn’t but, he was nowhere to be found for almost a year or so after the accident.” The male stated.

“Does Chaewon know this?” Joohyuk questioned, Hwan pursed his lips and picked up his crayons as the two continued to talk.

“I was advised to never speak about the vice president Oh.”

“So, when Chaewon left, Sehun was also nowhere to be found? I understand that he didn’t get injured from the accident, am I right?”

“Yes, sir. He was standing far from her when everything happened.”

Joohyuk thanked the male and dismissed him, then he leaned back on his seat and exhaled.

“It just doesn’t make sense.”

 

 

Sehun shook his head as he pulled the door open, he had excused himself from the two ladies and went to the restroom to wash his hands.

“Really, you tell her about that?”

He paused and looked up, Chaewon was facing him.

I didn’t want to. It was wrong.

But she was just so talkative.

“It’s going to be in the news anyway, why hide it?” Sehun said as he stood before her, Chaewon exhaled.

“Sure, maybe next time you two can grab lunch someplace else.” She muttered before turning away from him, Sehun’s brows rose and he pulled her back.

“What are~”

“Chaewon.” Sehun stated, she paused and met his gaze as his grip on her wrist tightened.

“We cannot go on like this forever. You and I will be working together, and like it or not, we will be bumping into each other.” Sehun told her, Chaewon looked away.

“I know you don’t want to see me, and I know you hate me, but,” He closed the space between them, forcing the girl look at him.

“Like you said, I am just work. If you really see me as that, you would stop being like this.” He said as he dropped her arm.

“I didn’t want to work with you.” Chaewon told him, Sehun exhaled.

“I didn’t even know I would be seeing you again.”

Chaewon’s forehead creased.

“Just think about it, you can cover up everything that happened. But don’t deny it, Chaewon. At some point, we were acquainted with each other. We were more than mere acquaintances.” Sehun pointed out.

Chaewon crossed her arms.

“Hate me all you want, but ever since you got back, I never treated you like how you’ve been treating me.” Sehun stated before walking away from her.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++