002

Him&I

 

Seoul 20XX

 

 

“Welcome to Seoul, vice president and samonim.” The male said with a polite bow as the couple stepped out of the sliding doors, Changwook glanced back, in search for his sister.

“Chae~”

Chaewon appeared by the doors with an unamused smile on her face, Hyebin waved her over.

“Young miss too, welcome to Seoul.”

“Hi, secretary Lee!” Chaewon greeted him, soon men in dark suits took their bags and loaded them into a separate vehicle.

“The company has been informed of your arrival, sir. And, here,” He produced an envelope from his bag.

“These are for the young miss, it’s the forms from the university she has chosen.”

Chaewon looked up and took the envelope from her brother, she grew pensive as she looked at the school’s logo.

“I hope eomma knows it’s not easy transferring schools right after sophomore year.”

“Chaewon.” Changwook sent her a look, but their secretary smiled and nodded.

“We were told that the young miss is likely to complain about that, don’t worry, sir.” He said as he opened the car’s door.

“She’s waiting at the villa; shall we go?”

Hyebin got inside first, Chaewon paused and looked around her, she hasn’t been to Seoul for almost nine years now and everything seemed different.

“Pumpkin?”

She blinked, her brother was looking at her.

“Get in, it’s cold.” Hyebin urged her, Chaewon got inside the car and shut the door.

“It’s been a while, huh?” Changwook turned to her and she nodded.

“Don’t worry, you’ll love your new campus. I graduated there.” Hyebin chimed in.

“I’m just worried that abeoji might follow us here, unnie. I really don’t want to see him.”

 

 

Oh Sehun let out a yawn as he sat up, he glanced at his alarm clock to check the time, it was already nine in the morning. He slid down from the bed and stepped out of his room, he found Kai already making some coffee.

“I need to head to the admin office today.” Kai told him.

“I thought you were already enrolled for the semester. Or you got your father’s secretary to do it.” Sehun replied as he sat down on one of the stools.

“Yeah, he did it. But I lost my ID, remember?”

Sehun snorted and he stretched his arms before speaking.

“You didn’t lose it, you broke up with Shinae and she stole that from you so you’d get back with her.” Sehun pointed out in his usual blunt tone, Kai blinked at him.

“It amazes me how heartless you can get, but I like hearing my story better.”

“Anything to trick the school into giving you a new one.” Sehun shrugged as he poured himself some coffee, Kai nodded back at him.

“Anyway, I got a call from noona.”

“Your cousin?” Sehun reached for the remote control and switched the TV on.

“Yeah, I might need to head home tomorrow.”

“Good, I’ll have the place to myself.”

“No, that means you have to attend that BOD meeting alone, fool.”

Sehun paused, his eyes narrowed at his friend in annoyance. Kai chuckled before heading to the living room.

 

 

Chaewon puffed her cheeks and looked around her new room, well technically, it wasn’t new. She used to live here years back, but the house had been renovated. So, the house may be familiar to her, but it's still felt a little foreign.

She proceeded to transfer her coats to the walk-in closet, the maid who was helping her with arranging her clothes smiled at her.

“Unnie,” She spoke, the lady was stunned at her words, but she turned to her.

“How’s eomma?” She asked, the lady paused before speaking.

“She’s..doing better, young miss. When she got here months ago, it was…really bad. She wouldn’t eat nor sleep, we all were worried for her.”

Chaewon frowned and sat down, her brother decided to let her finish the school year before transferring to Seoul while he travelled back and forth to check on their mother. Hyebin wasn’t able to help out because she is pregnant.

“What happened really destroyed her, unnie.”

“It’s not that bad now, young miss. This morning she was smiling as she waited for all of you.”

“Has my…Has my father ever tried to reach out ever since she moved here?” She asked, the maid shook her head.

“He hasn’t, young miss. I’m really sorry to say that.”

Chaewon sighed and nodded.

Of course, what was I expecting? Why did I even bother to ask?

And then she heard her brother calling for her.

“Chaewon-ah, time for lunch.”

The youngest Ji stepped out of the closet and found her brother standing by the door to her room, he was already holding onto some documents, her brows rose as she saw the logo of thei family’s company on the front.

“It hasn’t been even a day yet, and you’re already thinking about work?” She asked in a playful tone, Changwook chuckled and handed them to her.

“This isn’t for me; this is for you. Time to help me out, little sister.”

“Wow, it sounds like an order, but fine.”

“The company’s been waiting for you, pumpkin.” Changwook said as they stepped out of the room, Chaewon gave him a thoughtful smile as they went down the steps.

“Well, I’m glad to be of help, oppa.”

 

 

“Last year opened new doors for us, ever since the proposed to rehabilitation on our new project in~”

The doors suddenly opened and the people in the room squinted as light entered the already dimmed room.

The president of Samsung Group winced from his seat as his son strolled in, nonchalant and uncaring.

“Continue,” President Oh spoke, Sehun took his seat at his father’s right and swung his chair slightly.

“Where have you been?” He asked him in a low tone.

“We finished off late last night. I signed up for night class.”

“You’re on summer break.” He hissed at his only son, Sehun’s lips curled up.

“Does it really matter now? I’m already here.” Sehun leaned back on his seat and crossed his legs, the other directors glanced at him briefly, some started to murmur amongst themselves.

“Sure, you are an hour late.”

“I’m sorry for being late, it’s just who I am as a person, appa.” Sehun stated flatly, his father slapped his arm and the speaker paused again, all eyes were on him. Sehun chuckled to himself and his father glared at him, peeved.

“Continue.” He spoke again, Sehun glanced at his father’s secretary, the older male sent him a reprimanding look, the Samsung heir just grinned at him.

“Your mother told me you’ve been avoiding her calls again.”

“Well, I wouldn’t have to if she stops pairing me to her friends’ daughters.” Sehun pointed out, to which his father stopped and his brows rose up.

“Hmm, makes sense. Good move, son.” He patted his shoulder, Sehun rolled his eyes and took out his phone and toyed with it as the meeting went on.

“But, you have to start thinking about settling down and working for the company.”

“Hmm, sounds like forced labor.” Sehun hummed back, his father sighed and gave up.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++