Reality

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"LOOK AROUND NOW SOON"

***

She is huffing hard as her lungs screams for more oxygen. The girl took a quick glance at her back, checking whether her pursuer is able to close their distance with her. 

 

Empty.

 

It seems like she manages to shake off her enemy in the mean times. As the girl is about to sigh in relieved, she can feel someone grabbed her shoulder.

 

"No!"

 

Wonyoung jolted awake on her bed, knocking away her bunny printed blanket towards the floor. She took a deep breath as she tried bringing back tranquility within herself. Her eyes darted around the room that she currently inhabits and her eyes fell upon the girls who are sleeping soundly both on her sides.

 

Hearing Yujin loud snores and Chaewon little whimper while drifting off in dreamland making Wonyoung smile. As she couldn't get her sleep back, Wonyoung is sneaking away from the bedroom and decides to take a walk outside and have some fresh air. The girls already returned to Vert after discussing seriously their course of action in order to save Minjoo.

 

After listening to the unicorn story and Nako additional information, Wonyoung couldn't shake off this peculiar feeling nested in her chest. She felt something aching her heart and kept wondering why she even felt like this. As she hangs her head, she can feel something dangling from her neck and notice that it's just her treasured necklace. 

 

Wonyoung sure is troubled when she couldn't remember how she scored this necklace but she does know that it is something important for her. She clenched the necklace dearly as a smile escaped .

 

"Couldn't sleep?"

 

The baby bunny startled as she heard a voice greet her from the dark. She nervously turned her head towards the source of the voice while holding her breath, hoping that it's not something that she couldn't hit with the hilt of her sword. When she flutters her eyelids, Wonyoung can see Sakura and Nako smiling gently at her. All of those terrifying ideas occupying her mind just now swiftly evaporated into thin air as she saw her friends. Wonyoung walked wobbly and hugged both Sakura and Nako while grinning.

 

"Ah, I thought that I saw some ghost earlier. Thank goodness that it's you two."

 

Wonyoung can feel that Sakura and Nako turned stiff when she mentioned ghosts but decided to let it pass for now. Curiosity got the better of her as she see tons of scrap paper scattered on the table and a few more lying on the floor. She jerked her eyebrows while observing these two people that she respects so much. Somehow, Wonyoung can feel some uneasiness from Sakura and Nako.

 

"What's wrong? You both seem restless."

 

Wonyoung bluntly points out her elder sister's peculiar behavior which makes them sigh in defeat. Sakura threw her glance at Nako and after receiving a nod, she gestures Wonyoung to sit before sliding a mug of hot cocoa for their beloved youngest sister.

 

Sakura took a seat in front of Wonyoung while frowning, still feeling contemplated for some reasons. When she felt a pair of warm hands holding the back of her palm, Sakura shook her head and put on her serious face.

 

"Wonyoung, there's something important that I need to tell you. I need you to listen carefully and try to be calm, alright?"

 

Sakura:

 

Wonyoung can feel turning hoarse as she hears every bit of Sakura words. Behind her, Nako is patting Wonyoung's back, fully aware of mixed feelings running through the tall girl's mind.

 

"It's sure is hard, Wonyoung. However, both of us couldn't think any way else."

 

Wonyoung winced as she bit her lip. She closed her eyes, trying to squeeze her brain for some reasonable words she shall utter to convey her feelings. Slowly, Wonyoung nodded her head while mumbling,

 

"Yeah, let's do that."

 

Wonyoung:

***

Minjoo's eyes wide opened as she felt throbbing pain in her head. She groans in anger as those horrible feelings didn't subside even after she gulped down some potion which acted like paracetamol. She curled in her bed as she felt like her head  almost split into two.

 

Minjoo.

 

Minjoo, come back.

 

Don't go.

 

Don't leave me.

 

Minjoo!

 

Angelic voice keeps ringing within her spinning mind, forcing Minjoo to clench her temple. Her heart felt like being pierced with millions of thorns as she kept on listening to the soft voice calling nothing but her name, begging her in such sorrowful voice.

 

No, go away! Don't make me regret my decision. Please.

 

Minjoo whispered; more like a plea. She is afraid of possibilities that something will force her to go back. To be the weak Minjoo that needed everyone protecting her. 

 

Minjoo didn't want to burden anyone. She is fully aware how much each of them is struggling all this time. One thing for sure, Kim Minjoo is not dumb but rather, very perceptive and secretive. Wearing her heart on the sleeve is not the thing that she will ever do.

 

"Minjoo, let's go. That person is requesting for you though I'd say that he is acting rather impatient more than ever."

 

The girl took a deep breath as she heard Lucifer words who is now leaning on her door while crossing his arms. Somehow, the demon couldn't decipher Minjoo's blank expression. He wouldn't blame the girl after what they've been discussing all night long. Relieved usurped within Lucifer's mind when Minjoo carved her gentle smile while tying her hair into ponytails.

 

Minjoo:

 

"I believe that you'll do as we promised?"

 

Minjoo glared at Lucifer who is taken aback by the abrupt changes in the girl's attitude. He brings his palm across his chest as he bowed.

 

"I'm prepared to fulfill our words till the end of my life. A real demon never goes back on their words, I assure you."

 

Minjoo nodded curtly before walking towards Lucifer, wearing a determined look on her face. The demon just sighed while staring worriedly at the strong-willed maiden. He never thought that he'll see this stubborn side of Minjoo when at first, he assumed Minjoo as the timid, obedient type. He shakes his head as he let out a small chuckle,

 

"Perdue sure is amazing."

 

***

 

"Ugh, I hated this teleport thing."

 

Hyewon is groaning as she slumped her head into the oak table while being patted on the back by Chaeyeon.

 

Hyewon:

 

"I can never get used to this. Why can't we ride our familiars instead?"

 

Yena:

 

Yena quacked as she leaned against the sofa, massaging her crown.

 

"Well, we need to avoid attracting unnecessary attention. Ever heard of two adult, legendary dragons visiting a country just for fun?"

 

Nako scratched her head as she patiently answered her older sister's series of complaints.

 

Nako:

 

"Now, now. Why don't we all take a break and drink this first?"

 

Hitomi and Yuri emerged from the kitchen, carrying a tray of drinks each.

 

Hitomi:

 

"Thanks but I don't think we got much time to spare."

 

Chaewon sounds impatient as she chugs down her glass of drink. She wiped her wet mouth with the back of her hand while frowning.

 

Chaewon:

 

"Relax. We can't rush instantly into the ocean. Those Merpeople will be more than welcoming if they see Wonyoung again."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter