Power = Peace

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"MIGHT AS WELL JUST HATE YOU"

***

Power, I need power!

 

The girl jolted awake as she heard disturbing screams in her dream. As darkness of the to greeted her eyes, Minjoo heaved a sigh. She uses the back of her hand to wipe off rolling sweat on her forehead.

 

Minjoo grunted softly as she sits on her bed. It's been awhile for her to have such a strange dream. She even forgot the last time she had a dream. Well, to begin with, she didn't get a decent sleep since their last battles with Poseidon back in Pothena actually.

 

She feels troubled but having difficulties to express her feelings. She knows that all of them must have their very own struggles and thus, Minjoo didn't want to add their burden. She ruffles her hair backwards and heaves another sigh.

 

I need to take some fresh air.

 

She told herself and ready to move from the queen-sized bed. As she is removing her fluffy blanket, a soft whine can be heard with a small hand grabbing Minjoo pinky finger. As she turns her head, she sees a sleepy baby cheetah rubbing her eyes while fighting hard to appear awake.

 

"Where are you going?"

 

Chaewon voice is rasp as she is still half-asleep. As she blinked a few times, she adjusted her sight and see startled Minjoo. Chaewon already transformed back into herself after being an angel for almost a day.

 

The exhaustion from fighting with the Great Four earlier still didn't diminished but despite that, Chaewon is pushing herself to be awake so that Minjoo wouldn't be away from her. She didn't want the younger girl to leave her and roams away alone as she is worried about the girl. Of course, she noticed that Minjoo is acting strange lately, since their arrival in Verde to be exact.

 

"I'll just walk around here. Don't worry, I won't go far away."

 

Minjoo answered while patting Chaewon's head. The older girl loved being babied sometimes and Minjoo is more than glad to pamper this girl who deserves all the love in the world. However, Chaewon quickly rises from the bed; hands is still clutching  Minjoo's pinky finger tightly. She trotted a bit, crossing on the bed with her knees before snuggling in Minjoo's left arm.

 

"Let me join you. We can go and stargaze together."

 

Chaewon's voice is muffled as she is busy snuggling with Minjoo's arm. The younger girl swears that her uneasiness from earlier is just like merely a piece of imagination as all of those negative feelings quickly dissipate and her heart right now is swelling with happiness. Chaewon may still seem a bit aloof but Minjoo does notice that the girl is being softer than before. No more deathly glares were sent whenever she started her day.

 

"Sure, let's go!"

 

As she didn't want Chaewon to change her mind, Minjoo leads the older girl towards an open space on the upper floor. She is still amaze at Hyewon/Kwangbae place in Himmel as it is really spacious for a lone creature to live. 

 

On their way, Minjoo grabs two cup of hot cocoa as she thought that it would be great to enjoy some sweetness while talking to Chaewon. They both settled down at the ledge of the open area, feets are swaying in the air while enjoying each other's presence.

 

They didn't talk for a few moments, maybe trying to find the right timing to strike their conversation. Accompanied with the shining moonlight, Chaewon put down her mug and stares directly at Minjoo who is nervously sipping her drink.

 

"So… Wanna share with me?"

 

Chaewon casually asked Minjoo. She intertwined her fingers with the younger girl while trying her best to sound relaxed. However, her heartbeat almost betrayed her as they are now racing like Yujin and Nako running away from Eunbi after causing trouble.

 

Chaewon & Minjoo:

 

She can feels Minjoo's delicate fingers twitching for a bit, part of herself afraid if Minjoo pulled her hand away but it seems the girl didn't hate their little skinship. Chaewon intentionally didn't specify her question so that Minjoo wouldn't feel more disturbed and answer her because she is obliged to do so. 

 

The girl with chestnut eyes patiently waiting for Minjoo to come up with some answers. She didn't want to rush her, really. However, looking at Minjoo hesitations to talk about her worries makes Chaewon have this urge to push the girl and spill the beans. 

 

No, I must not rush such things. She is too precious. She must have considered lots of things before telling me anything. This precious baby...

 

Chaewon shakes her head lightly. She appreciates how Minjoo never rushed her before, on how Minjoo patiently stays with her and provides neverending support. Now, she wants to repay back what the wonderful girl did from back then. She tightened their hands while shifting her gaze towards the endless clouds.

 

"You know, someone told me something like this once when we are back in Eailc, 'Whatever things that cloud your mind, I hope that it doesn't cloud your heart.'; I do hope that this can help you as much as it helped me."

 

Minjoo startled as she listened to those words. Somehow, it sheds some light towards her situation at the moment. Chaewon smiles while observing Minjoo.

 

This girl always eager to help everyone, making sure that they are aware about being loved but then, she is being hard on herself. Chaewon cupped Minjoo's face and stared at her directly, noticing traces of worries in that pair of beautiful, brownish pearls. Chaewon Drew closer towards Minjoo, resting her forehead on top of the girl, eyes are meeting each other gaze while uttering,

 

"Minjoo, you are loved. You're not a burden. You've been so helpful all this time. I'm able to be stronger because you're always by my side. Please, whatever things that weighed your mind, feel free to share with me. I'm here for you. Always."

 

Both of the girls are lost in their own world while staring at each other. As they inched closer, their time is disrupted by a sudden clapping sound coming from their back. Chaewon pulled her face and broke their skinship while trying to pinpoint their uninvited guest.

 

"Who are you? Show yourself!"

 

Echoes of chuckles are audible throughout the space. Chaewon stood in front of Minjoo, shielding the girl while wielding her precious sword, Luna Mente.

 

"How pure. How naive. How sweet."

 

As soon as the voice speaks, rushes of chills are crawling in Chaewon sense. She never felt such a strong malice directed by someone entire of her life. Breathing suddenly becomes difficult as she trembles while the mysterious figure stepping out from the dark.

 

Eyes color darker than blood, skin is paler than snow, mouth that had visibly sharp fangs from both sides of the lips and not to mention, those pair of dark horns branching on his head. Chaewon instantly knows that this creature who is now standing in front of her is not something that can be taken lightly. It gives such bad vibes, her guts telling her that she needs to kill that creature instantly.

 

"Kneel."

 

Chaewon didn't know why her own body involuntarily obeyed that man's order. She defies her movement of kneeling, giving up to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter