Companions

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"BABY DON'T THINK ABOUT ANYTHING AND FOLLOW ME"

***

"Thank you."

 

Chaewon uttered her gratefulness as she wield Luna Mente, her newly acquired sword in her hand. There's no longer any doubt lingering within her heart, pondering whether it is true that she is the source of misfortune for people around her. 

 

She is convinced that she is not a cursed child nor a person who didn't deserve love from others. She is Chaewon, a member of a party consisting of 12 people who came from another world and currently known as Izone. This party is her new family, the one that she knows that she can rely upon.

 

"Come and get me. I am ready."

 

Chaewon focusing her gaze at the formless enemy. Actually, she herself didn't know the exact method to defeat this darkness but there's one thing she had in mind at the moment.

 

"You aren't actually trying to hurt me, aren't you? You are trying to protect me all this time but you don't know how and ended up creating all of this mess."

 

Chaewon uttered at the formless darkness.

 

"Fool! I am the darkness, I will consume your hatred, your greed to create more power! Nothing will change if you stay in your so called Utopia disguised as friendship!"

 

The darkness spouted back at Chaewon, pissed at the girl who seems unaffected by it anymore. Chaewon glared at the unidentified things, trying to fight back the nonsense that it uttered but none coming into her mind.

 

"As long as there's light, there will be shadow! I will devour everything into endless pit of darkness!"

 

The raging mist intensifies and trying to attack Chaewon but then, another blinding light coming into Chaewon view. She is surprised to see an identical sword to her Luna Mente appeared by her side. Suddenly, those gentle voice echoes again within her head,

 

That's Solar Jaune, the soulmate of Luna Mente. Don't worry, it will help you to conquer the darkness. Do your best, Chaewon!

 

"Will do."

 

Chaewon nodded at those voice as she wield Luna Mente while Solar Jaune floating beside her, as if there's another wielder of the sword beside her. However, that is not her priority to know at the moment. She needs to find a way so that this darkness will never reside within her heart ever again.

 

"Fool! The stronger the light, the darker the shadow!"

 

The darkness growled at Chaewon as it shrouded in the area. Thousands of unpleasant words whispered around her again, making Chaewon winced in pain. True, there's no physical damage inflicted on her but then, those malicious murmur stabbing deep into her feelings.

 

What will you do now, Chaewon? If you lose here, big chance that this darkness will affect everyone.

 

The voice from earlier turned into faint whisper, as if something is blocking them from continuing exchanging words of encouragement. 

 

"Don't worry, I will contain this darkness into myself so that no one will ever face such terrible thing again. Everyone deserves some happiness!"

 

Chaewon grunted as she swings her hand into circular motion as she uttered her newly acquired skill. 

 

That's a risky decision, Chaewon!

 

The voice sounds genuinely concerned with Chaewon plan, however, the girl just smirked in return. She is touched at how everyone keep on loving her when all she does is acting grumpy and even trying pushing them away.

 

"Don't worry, with my newly acquired jobs, this will be a piece of cake."

 

Chaewon started chanting her spell which causing those sinister voice screeching in pain. A victorious smile carved on Chaewon face as she gathered all of those darkness into a ball shape before locking them into a marble size orb before gulping it down , completing her spell.

 

"Dark Eater, befitting spell for me. I wonder if this will be useful in a normal fight."

 

Chaewon patted her neck as she feels something swirling inside the pit of her stomach, making her grew stronger. Chaewon really thought that this new job really befitting her.

 

After all of those suffocating darkness gone, Chaewon find herself at the pristine flower field again. This time, she is full of smiles as she gets to see her smaller self together with a fine, angelic lady again. 

 

"I would like to make you my bride once I grow up."

 

The words from the smaller girl making Chaewon droopy eyes opened as wide as she can. However, before she can even stopped that girl from uttering nonsense, the scene changed again.

 

"I want to make you my bride when I grow up one day."

 

Chaewon is flustered when she heard that word is uttered again to another person. She felt like hitting her own image that reflects in front of her.

 

Such a player. You are messing around with not one but two young maiden heart. How naughty~ How mischievous~

 

The voice who used to console her just tease Chaewon making the girl blushing hard. She swings her hand hand at the space, denying things that the voice uttered.

 

"N-no way! This must be just a mere illusion. How in the world did I get those bravery to confess to both of them?"

 

Chaewon face is flushed red as she denies the accusations made by the familiar voice.

 

Whatever, now be good to your new familiar and your friends. It's time for you to go back.

 

With a snap sound resounding throughout the unknown place, Chaewon vision turned blurry and her eyes is buzzing as she felt her body is being transported back.

 

***

 

As soon as she opened her eyes, she is greeted by the worried Eunbi and Sakura face a few steps away from her place. She just remembered that she stepped in front of the black dragon to fight with the dragon.

 

"Chaewon!"

 

Both Eunbi and Sakura running towards Chaewon side and pulled her into a tight embrace. Their hands are cold as they are trembling with tears while holding Chaewon tightly. Hearing from the black dragon and Ava about the dangerous ritual that Chaewon face didn't make them feel any better. Hence, when they get to see Chaewon alive and kicking instead of writhing while wailing in agony making them relieved.

 

"Sorry for the wait."

 

Chaewon mumbled softly as she returned their hugs. She felt it, the warmth contained in those embrace which make her h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter