Side Story 2

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“TO ME THIS IS A MEMORY THAT SPENT LONG NIGHTS”

***

Sol Observation Log

 

Hey all! The name’s Sol! I am currently under care of my beloved and kind master, Yujin! You see, our encounter is the most amazing things happen in my life,  as if something with a great power decided that we are fated to meet each other about a week ago. Or is it two? I dunno. I never fond of number to begin with (as if I ever learn about them, lol).

 

We meet just for a week but I can never thought about how I am able to live without Yujin all this long. She is the one that save me after I come to this world. Yes, I am apparently not from Wizland but let’s save that story for later.

 

I can sense some intense stare from two particular people but I will ignore them for now. Yujin is having fun teasing Minjoo so much lately and she is also love to spend time with Wonyoung. For some reason, Yujin seems to adore Chaewon too and ever tried to shrunk the girl just to keep Chaewon into her pocket. Of course she need to face the aftermath which I rather not said. Let’s just assume I almost being partnerless. ALMOST. If not for Wonyoung and Minjoo interferences, maybe I am partnerless now.

 

Her other friends are so friendly and I get to play with Sora and Maki a lot too (Leica is somewhat awkward while being around us so I didn't have many chance to play with our newest member). However, I love hanging out with Yujin the most.

 

Ah, you must be wondering what are they doing after defeating those Minotaur and before they went selling things at bazaar right? Let me tell you about me and Yujin little adventure about three days (or four days?) after defeating those Minotaur.

***

Day 3

 

“Uwaaa~ My body felt so tense!”

 

Yujin stretched her upper body as she stepped out from the guild with her group after completing their quest. As all of them are growing stronger, Eunbi allowed them to go and complete some simple quest on one condition, they need to go back home before dinner.

 

Wonyoung stifle a yawn as she is feeling quite dreary repeating quest everyday non-stop. However, she braced herself and said that they need to generate money for daily expenditure and thus, she didn’t dare to complain about her exhaustion.

 

Minjoo on the other hand are absorbed with a book about herbs which she bought from the general store. She seemed determined to level up her skill and concoct potion for her group rather than buying it as it can be quite dear at the market.

 

Meanwhile, Chaewon just stood there silently while keeping watch of her comrade different reaction after completing their quest. All of them are dragging their feet towards home to end the day.

 

They seems dispirited than usual. Maybe the exhaustion are taking toll on them?

 

Chaewon kept wondering as she keenly observed her friends. The usually energetic and playful Yujin and Wonyoung are being quiet than usual. Minjoo… Is being Minjoo. She already engrossed in her own little world while reading.

 

I wonder what can I do to raise their moral back?

 

Chaewon eyes are wandering around and then she look up, gazing clouds in the sky, trying to get some spark of inspiration. Suddenly, an idea popped in her mind and she halted while tinkering with her status board.

 

“What are you doing, Chaewon? We will be running late if we are not going home now.”

 

Wonyong noticed that their leader behaving quite suspicious while carving a smile on her small, flawless face. Her smile which turn into a creepy smile making Wonyoung shiver. She tugged Yujin and Minjoo hand while gathering the group to listen to Chaewon.

 

“I have an idea to make our dull, uneventful days vibrant again.”

 

Chaewon smirked as she can see all of the girl standing with her perked up upon listening to her words.

 

“What? What? Will we go to picnic again? Or maybe taking a day off?”

 

Wonyoung eyes are twinkling with excitement and Chaewon find that the girl is so adorable which made her ended up pinching those squishy cheek. Wonyoung soft groan just making Chaeon giggle as the youngest retortion is too cute.

 

“Ehh? But we often go to the field for picnic already. New idea, new idea!”

 

Yujin pouted as she want something more enjoyable rather than sitting around and chatting. She want to experience something that can make her forget about all  tedious work they are doing now and introducing her into a new world.

 

No, she is not hating this lifestyle because she is aware they need to whip money and saving for their future but she is craving for something unexpected and new to feed her ever growing curiosity.

 

“I don’t care as long as we will stay out of danger.”

 

Minjoo replied with an awkward smile which made the group burst out their laughter. Minjoo face is heating up as the girls are teasing about Minjoo accident magnet nature. While wiping her tears, Chaewon said;

 

“No worry, Minjoo. We will not doing anything dangerous. Instead, I think we will be enjoying this so much. Let’s hope that Eunbi will prove my request.”

 

Chaewon let out her mysterious smile which making Yujin, Wonyoung and Minjoo are even curious about Chaewon idea.

***

“Sounds good, Chaewon. It’s rare for you to propose something like this.”

 

Eunbi approving the angelic girl idea and praising her suggestion  to provide all of them a day off. Chaeyeon who are getting dragged into this situation also excitedly agreed to lend Chaewon some help as she is also feeling quite dull lately.

 

“It’s settled then. Shall we tell the kids?”

 

Chaewon wanted to go and get all of the girls and shares this piece of happiness but Eunbi and Chaewon halted her. Their face is now flashing a mysterious smile.

 

Uhh, these two must be planning more surprise than I originally thought.

 

Chaewon blinked in confusion and cannot help but wondering why Eunbi and Chaeyeon stopped her.

 

“Let’s make this a surprise for those kids.”

 

Chaeyeon uttered almost whispering.

 

“Yeah, we can randomly set the group this time. Gotta need some time to know each other better, right?”

 

Eunbi said while chuckling. Chaewon is in a dazed upon hearing those two words.

 

“My, my. It seems I am not the only one want to spice up things a little bit.”

 

Chaewon smiled happily as she, Eunbi and Chaeyeon happily devising a game so that their friends will get the fun that they always seek for.

***

“Where are we?”

 

Yujin rubbed her eyes as she just woke up from dream land. She blinked her eyes a few times and stretch her body while looking around. Her surroundings seems different from their current home and Yujin are dumbfounded as she see three other people lying beside her.

 

“Ugh, what is this heavy thing on my head?”

 

Another voice greeted Yujin sleepily. She winced as she removed Sol from her head and passed it to Yujin. Sol just yawned as it cuddle in Yujin warm arms.

 

“Morning, Wonyoung.”

 

Yujin greeted the younger girl whom eyes are barely opened. Wonyoung still didn’t realize anything is going wrong until her mind processing Yujin greetings.

 

“Y-Yujin! What are you doing inside my room?”

 

Wonyoung is getting panicked suddenly and throw a pillow at the innocent lanky girl. Fortunately, Yujin managed to avoid those throw while rolling on the floor.

 

“Whoa, there princess! I ain’t doing anything on you for now!”

 

However, her words are making Wonyoung face blushed harder and she decided to hide herself inside her blanket.

 

Stupid Yujin.

 

Wonyoung cursed. As she breathes erratically inside her blanket, she just noticed a small girl snoring peacefully while her thumb beside her.

 

“Waaaa!!! There’s a kid inside my blanket! Am I a mother at such young age?”

 

Wonyoung yelped and jumped out from her bed as she is surprised to see another intruder within her room. She just then realized that they are not inside her room after all as the interior of this place is rather different.

 

“Ung~ I just want to sleep. Why are you so loud early in the morning.”

 

Nako creeping out from Wonyoung blanket as she pouted. Sora is sleeping soundly on Nako head, as if it didn't affected at all from all those commotion created by Yujin and Wonyoung.

 

“You little devil, how dare you try to snuggle with Wonyoung!”

 

Yujin snarled at Nako and Sol are ready to pounce into a small fight as it can sense Yujin hostility towards Nako.

 

“What are you saying? Wanna fight?”

 

Nako are snapped from her drowsiness as she heard Yujin voice and are already equipping her chakram while Sora jumping out in front of her.

 

“Cut it out, you two.”

 

Another voice interrupting Yujin and Nako bickering while knocking those two kid head.

 

“Ouch, what are you doing here, Sakura?”

 

Yujin whined as her head butted with Nako steeled head.

 

“As far as I remember, aren’t you the one crashing into our room?”

 

Sakura replied as she see her roommate standing with befuddled face.

 

“Uhh, I don’t think we are home though.”

 

Wonyoung timidly interrupting Sakura which made the girl jerked her eyebrows. Sakura blinked a few times while scanning her surroundings.

 

“Now this is weird. Last thing I remember we are all sleeping in our room.”

 

Nako walked around as she analyzing their current situation. As soon as she tried to open the door, a sudden notice appeared on their status screen.

 

Dear brave souls,

 

You are now given a mission to retrieve a precious treasure back stolen by a gang of demon. Beware of their ability to confuse people and note that the more time you spend idling, the higher the chance of you failing this mission. You are given 24 hours to get back the stolen goods or something grave might happen if you fail.

 

The world fate is in your hand.

 

“Now this is weird. What the hell is going on?”

 

Yujin tilted her head as she is clueless.

 

“Well then, might just follow what the notice said. Changed your clothes for now and have some breakfast.”

 

Sakura smoothly giving out her orders and those three kid followed obediently.

 

“Well… Is this sort of a game? An event?”

 

Wonyoung asked curiously as she munched her sandwich.

 

“I don’t know. We need to go around and find some more clue for our situation. It is too vague.”

 

Nako shrugged while feeding Sora.

 

“Well, equipped your weapon and be prepared for any ambush. We will be going now.”

 

Sakura signalled them and they took a step outside of the room. Their eyes opened wide as they are welcomed by a spacious lobby which decorated with nothing but just painted in blue. As they treading carefully into the middle of the room, suddenly a loud shout surprised them.

 

“STUPID!!”

 

They look at each other confusedly.

 

“Eh, the one that is stupid is Yena though.”

 

“Hey, hey! Why am I the one being called stupid?”

 

“But it is true…”

 

Another three voice echoed within the lobby and upon hearing a familiar name being mentioned, they all rushed towards the source of those voices and found another door

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter