We Go Up

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“TO THE SKY, YOU AND I”

 

***

“It’s been a week already?”

 

Nako break their silence as every one feeling tad bit sad to leave Commencer that day. A week had passed since their last extermination mission which grant them handsome reward in return for defeating Goblin Champion and Goblin Lord.

 

They spend the rest of the week by completing request and focusing on levelling up to embark on another journey towards new town. However, they are still clueless which town they should head next and thus, consulting Chloe on that matter.

 

“Well, I would suggest you girls to head here considering your growth rate.”

 

Chloe pointed out a place on the map which made Eunbi raised her eyebrows.

 

“Eailc? Is that the correct pronunciation”

 

Yena butted in and read it aloud instead of Eunbi.

 

“Oh who cares how we pronounce it. Most important thing is what does Eailc have for us to head there?”

 

Sakura cut in the conversation and stubbornly asked details about the next town. Feeling that the two girls are a nuisance for a good explanation, Eunbi butted their head together before Yuri and Hyewon dragged them to the back to heal them with the help of Minjoo and Hitomi.

 

“You girls are really unique and energetic. No wonder you are able to break record of ranking up to E rank with just 10 days! Normally people needed around 6 month just to rank up!”

 

Chloe chuckles as she observed their antics.

 

“Don’t mind them, please. Can you brief us more about this town?”

 

Yujin joined in but politely asked Chloe which made Eunbi proud of the lanky girl manner. She turned back to Sakura and Yena who is now bickering, crossing each other as they are hit by Eunbi.

 

“Learn some manners from our younger member, would you? They are more collected than you both.”

 

Sakura scornfully looked at Yena and stick her tongue out which made the girl groaned and pulled Sakura into an armbar. Their rowdiness made them being kicked out from the guild by none other than Eunbi with a strict warning which she will personally arm bar both of them at the same time if they insist on continuing their little childish fight.

 

“Look at what you have done? Now Eunbi will never like me back!”

 

Sakura growled at the girl and raring to start a fight.

 

“Wha-? Who in the world that pick a fight with me when all I do is breathing?”

 

Yena retaliate back and grabbed Sakura collar.

 

“Enough, you two.”

 

Chaeyeon stepped in and put a cube on ice inside their cloth which made both of them jerk up by those sudden cold sensation. They are jumping around like monkey, trying to remove the ice from their shirt.

 

“What are you doing, Chaeyeon?”

 

Sakura is quicker in removing the ice and stood in front of Chaeyeon, asking for an explanation.

 

“I am saving you two from Eunbi wrath. You want to get another flick which possibly be more powerful than a week ago? Just a reminder, we all levelled up but with Eunbi monstrous strength, I cannot guaranteed you can survive the hit this time.”

 

Chaeyeon lectured them, bringing up the painful memory which made the two speechless. They both groaned while covering their forehead as those bittersweet experience resurfacing again. Those bruise may heal but they never want to get a flick from Eunbi again.

 

Chaeyeon nodded her head as she can see Sakura and Yena already calm their head for a while. She stretched her body for a bit before inviting the two for a walk while waiting for the others coming out from the guild.

 

Yena and Sakura trudging behind Chaeyeon while resuming their bickering but in a smaller scale which is considered better than before. Sakura didn’t know why but she seems to always find a bone to pick with Yena and so does the other girl.

 

They both disagree almost on all things which made Eunbi punished them a few time but Yena seems easily forgetting all those painful moment and ended up fighting with Sakura again after a few minutes. As for Sakura, she did try to behave as best as she can but those temptation to tease and hit Yena get better of her. They are officially dubbed as Tom & Jerry too by their circle of friends.

 

Chaeyeon scratched her head, trying to resolved the two banter which made her head also spinning just listening to their bickering. Thus, she got an idea to bring them towards their favorite spot before setting up a large circle of barricade around the area which raises question from Sakura and Yena.

 

“What is that for?”

 

Yena questioned Chaeyeon.

 

“Are we playing Sumo for today?”

 

Sakura also cannot contain her curiosity.

 

However, Chaeyeon just sealed by continuing her work. She just asked Yena and Sakura to step into the ring which they obediently follow even though they are suspicious of Chaeyeon behavior at the moment.

 

“Activate, Alternate Dimension. Target: Sakura and Yena. Mission: Being good friend. Good luck you two.”

 

Chaeyeon just uttering those words which made Yena and Sakura cursed aloud and tried to escape but failed as invisible wall prevented them from stepping out from the ring. They smack the wall in frustration before being transported into other place while Chaeyeon just smiling sweetly from the sideline.

 

“I do this because I like both of you. Please get along and be good to each other, okay? Will be waiting for you two.”

 

Those are the last words they ever heard before disappearing. Chaeyeon heaved a sigh while sitting and staring blankly at the circle. She manage to obtain those helpful item while scrolling on her WizShop skill as Yena and Sakura continued their endless fight.

 

She got the idea of sending those two for a trip (more to an adventure) with a hope that they will build a better teamwork and reducing their banter for a bit. She just smiled like a fool thinking about what kind of situation will fell onto those two while figuring out ways to be transported back here.

***

“I swear I will choke Chaeyeon when we go back there.”

 

Sakura cursed as they landed on a soft mattress. Yena just groaned as she is frustrated at the fact she need to team up with Sakura to find their way back.

 

“Now what? Where don’t know where we are and what’s wrong with our map function? It’s not working!”

 

Yena is busy identifying their location but her effort is fruitless. Feeling defeated, she decided to venture around the space they are located but just to be pulled back by a chain.

 

She frowned as soon as she find out that both her and Sakura are connected by a chain which limit their movement if they didn’t move together.

 

“Oh great, not only I am trapped in here but I also need to drag you along?”

 

Sakura is fast to express her annoyance which made Yena fuming with anger.

 

“What? Do you think I am willing to spend another second with you? Not in your wildest dream!”

 

Yena retorted back while gritting her teeth.

 

“Shut your hole. Now let’s move so that we will be free from each other.”

 

Sakura dismissed the younger retaliation and forced her to explore their cave. It seems Chaeyeon is kind enough to provide them some food and other basic things that is needed to live within two sling bags.

 

“Well, does our storage can be used in this place?”

 

Yena just wondered and checked but too disappointed as there are nothing within her item storage.

 

“You gotta be kidding me! How in the world can I survive with this baggage? LEE CHAEYEON!!!”

 

Sakura suddenly yelled in frustration. Her scream echoed throughout the cave which is quite eerie as they are the only person there at the moment.

 

“What do you mean I’m a baggage? If I’m a baggage, you are like a luggage, the one with broken wheels!”

 

Yena quacking madly at Sakura.

 

“You piece of-”

 

They continued their banter until eventually spread on the floor, exhausted as they wasted their energy by yelling and cursed at each other.

 

“Look-”

 

“If you just want to fight with me again, just shut up. I didn’t have any energy to spare anymore.”

 

Sakura rolled her eyes as her good intention is being cutted by Yena and thus, she just hit the latter on the head.

 

“Ouch, watch it you mor-”

 

“Watch your words, ducky. I may look weak but I am quite stronger than you think.”

 

Sakura warned Yena which made the other girl huffed, giving cue for Sakura to continue whatever she is going to talk. Feeling awkward, Sakura scratched her head while trying to negotiate with Yena.

 

“Look, we will go nowhere if we continue to fight. I suggest we reconcile or call a ceasefire just until we get out from here. I don’t care what will happen to you but I do want to go back to them like right now.”

 

She blushed as she uttered the last word and quickly turned her head. It is hard for her to actually confessed that she is quite attached to her new friends. Yena jerked her eyebrows, feeling amused at Sakura sudden confession and cannot believe in her ears.

 

“Well, if you say so. I am also kinda missing them but man, Chaeyeon gonna pay for this.”

 

Sakura stared at Yena in a daze and eventually a smile crept up on her face.

 

“Yeah, she gonna get some payback for doing this.”

 

They both laughed heartily and decided to make a move to escape the place as soon as possible.

 

***

 

“Ah-choo! Gee, someone must be talking behind my back.”

 

Chaeyeon is waiting patiently while lying on the grass. She rubbed her nose, trying to clear out any snort that may pouring out after sneezing.

 

“Oh, Chaeyeon? What are you doing here alone? Where’s Sakura and Yena

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter