First Quest

IZ*ONE SAGA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“IF YOU CANNOT SAY ANYTHING GOOD, JUST STAY SILENT.”

 

***

Collecting herb

 

“Tell me again why we pick this quest.”

 

A girl is grunting while squatting on the ground. She just randomly picking up several grasses and brought it over to her friend.

 

“Sakura, for goodness sake, of all things you collected, none of them is medicinal herbs! You just randomly plucked grasses again, aren’t you?”

 

Chaeyeon pointed out a bunch of weeds which Sakura brought to her from earlier. The girl just fall back onto the ground as she feels like giving up already.

 

“It’s not my fault! All of those things just strikingly similar with each other! How in the world I can differentiate them? Can’t you just share your appraisal skill?”

 

Sakura filed her complained at Chaeyeon while lazing around. It had been an hour since they departed from Commencer and roaming around collecting 50 medicinal herbs as per requested.

 

“Unfortunately, I can’t and I don’t know why. Didn’t I apologized earlier?”

 

Chaeyeon replied while sighing before continuing,

 

“Oh well. Here, let me teach you their differences.”

 

Chaeyeon gently picked up the frustrated older girl and showed her the distinct feature of medicinal herbs again for the nth time. Sakura do not know why her brain really cannot distinguish grasses and medicinal herbs when her INT stats is quite high and she is quite proud of her intelligence.

 

This is utter disgrace. I will make sure to know all about herbs soon.

 

Sakura whispered and set a goal for herself. She is really frustrated as she cannot be more useful towards her group. Even Eunbi who rarely playing games is doing a better job than her. Hyewon is fending off some horned rabbit in the meantime as she mumbled they will make a good steak if being prepared properly.

 

Sakura herself had joined Hyewon hunting some rabbits but she occasionally glanced at both Eunbi and Chaeyeon who is working hard to meet the deadline for their quest and she leave the killings in Hyewon hand while she tried to help the other two. However, it seems she just adding burden onto them as she can barely find any medicinal herbs.

 

“Don’t worry. You and Hyewon have been plenty helpful by keeping those rabbits away from us.”

 

Chaeyeon said without even sparing any glances at Sakura which made the older girl raised her brows at the little bear excellent perception of her surrounding. Chaeyeon is checking on number of herbs again in her inventory and claimed that they just need to collect another ten and they will complete their quest.

 

“Say, do you think we can manage to raise up our fund by end of our stay here? 5000 G per person is too much, really.”

 

Chaeyeon asked Sakura again as she tried her best to know the big ear girl better. She is well aware that they lack communication between each other and prefer to be with either Eunbi and Hyewon but Chaeyeon do not want such wall grew thicker and prevent her from knowing Sakura thoroughly.

 

“Well, do you think it is impossible?”

 

Sakura answer Chaeyeon question with another question.

 

“Oh missy, if I know the answer I won’t ask you.”

 

Chaeyeon is pissed by Sakura arrogant replies. She is trying her best to initiate conversation with the girl but the latter seems do not even care to know her. She shook her head and just walking off towards a new area to gather medicinal herbs.

 

Am I being too snobbish? I am not good with people though. This is too troublesome.

 

Sakura reflected her action quickly and jogged alongside Chaeyeon. She tried to compensate her rash action from earlier by accompanying the blonde.

 

“Hey, don’t be mad. 5000 G may sounds big but actually it is pretty little for us to survive in some town. Who knows how much an inn will cost and we need to upgrade our equipment and stock up items too.”

 

Sakura explained reasons why she and Hyewon suggested that they should collect a total of 5000 G or more for each person before leaving Commencer in the next 9 days. Of course, a few of them scowled upon listening to the huge amount but Sakura and Hyewon also Yena know better.

 

Eunbi just agreed as she thought there’s no harm having surplus of money for them. Thus, they are consulting Chloe about their quest thoroughly and get some valuable information.

 

“We can turned this medicinal herbs into potion and gained extra money from that. Of course, if we give the guild more than they requested, we will also be awarded but I frankly thought that it is better for us to enhance our skills for our future benefit.”

 

Sakura said again while Chaeyeon just stay silent. She tried to focus on finding the last required medicinal herbs and trying to digest information told by Sakura. She nodded her head as a sign she understood what Sakura trying to explain.

 

“But we must obtain alchemy skill or something like that to compound some potion or whatnot right? How do we do that?”

 

Chaeyeon questioned Sakura which made the girl smiled as she realized they both are eventually warming up towards each other.

 

“Well, maybe Minjoo and Hitomi can help us with that as both of them are a healer. Maybe you can also obtain the skills as you are a merchant. I am not so sure though.”

 

Sakura shrugged and she continue their small talk while she eventually eyeing on Eunbi to check on her well being. A loud thud manage to grab Sakura attention and she turned her head at Hyewon.

 

Hyewon groaned and muttered something inaudible even with their telepathic power and suddenly, Hyewon is grovelling on the ground. Sakura acted on impulse as she can see the monsters are surrounding the motionless girl. She rushed towards Hyewon and defeated a bunch of horned rabbits which tried to harm the girl.

 

“Oi, Hyewon what are you doing on the ground?”

 

Sakura scolded Hyewon for her action which almost injured her. Sakura tried to not let anyone injured as it may caused Eunbi to worry and blame herself over anything. Indeed, Sakura is trying her best to ease Eunbi in anyway possible whether the older girl realize it or not.

 

“Ugh~ I am hungry from all those fighting.”

 

Hyewon grunted as her stomach grumbled loudly. Sakura stared in disbelief at the girl.

 

“Didn’t we just have breakfast about two hours ago?”

 

She scowled at Hyewon but eventually stretching her body. Hyewon just closed her eyes as she is really drained right now and in need of sugar or carbohydrate intake to replenish her energy.

 

“Eunbi! Chaeyeon! I will be away for a while! Our Hyewon is having a hungry rush right now!”

 

Sakura yelled at them and gain their approval to left the team. Chaeyeon left her job of collecting herbs and attended Hyewon while Eunbi is fighting off some monsters.

 

Sakura used her Boost Agi skill to quickened her pace towards the bakery which Hitomi find earlier and shopped a variety of bread to share with her mates. She don't even care about the price of those breads as she thought she can always earn money later through some quest. She peeked at her status again which is considered high in her perspective.

 

Sakura: Lvl 1, Human, Warrior

 

HP: 37

MP: 12

AGI: 25

STR: 10

INT: 35

 

MONEY: 2000 G

 

“Whoa, these breads are heavy. Who would thought I would spend over 1000 G to buy breads for the glutton Hyewon? She should thanked me later.”

 

Sakura grunted as she dashed off again towards her teammates. Even though Sakura seems not too reliable, she however tried her best to help her friends in her own ways without talking too much. She remember to train Minjoo too later to instill a bit more confidence into the girl.

 

Hyewon jolted up from the ground as she can smell something delicious spreading in the air.

 

Skill obtained: Sensitive Nose

 

What’s with sensitive nose? Am I a dog or what?

 

Hyewon rolled her eyes while fidgeting on her sit. She is well aware that Sakura is bringing something good for her as she can already hear some grunting from the girl. She leaped in joyness as Sakura at last appeared in front of her with some speck of dust.

 

“Hey glutton, here I brought you some food fresh from the bakery. You can take out some water from your inventory, right?”

 

Sakura said and passed her the foods. Hyewon do not spare any second as she directly digging in those breads. Luckily, Sakura separated those bread into two  bag as she can predict the girl to hog all the bread.

 

“You know, it is a sin to hog all the food to yourself and let others die of starvation.”

 

Sakura sighed as she watched Hyewon action as if the girl is starved for a decade. Eunbi and Chaeyeon joined them for a morning tea in the middle of the grassy plain.

 

“It’s feels like we are a bunch of normal girls picnicking while enjoying ourselves.”

 

Eunbi commented as she picked up a slice of bread from the bag. Sakura agreed to her statement while Hyewon just ignoring them. As long as there are food around her, she will forget about the world and just solely focus on her precious source of nutrient.

 

“Mind me to increase Hyewon target  to collect money as she may spend a fortune for food only.”

 

Eunbi exclaimed while Chaeyeon just chuckled at her remarks.

 

Is this the feeling of having some good friends around? How lovely.

 

Sakura is twitched as she heard Chaeyeon inner feelings.

 

This girl even consider me as a friend? How pure can she be?

 

Sakura is contemplating. Hyewon ignored them again as she is too preoccupied in filling her bottomless stomach. Eunbi is munching her portion of bread slowly while staring into her inventory.

 

She calculated amount of herbs she collected and a few more herbs named antidote herb. She do not know the function of the new herb as neither Sakura nor Hyewon explain to her yet but she can concludes that this herb might be useful for them to make some potion later. She planned to make the most profit by selling their hand-made item.

 

Skill obtained: Strategist

 

“Oh hey, I am just using my brain.”

 

Eunbi exclaimed as she heard the announcement. She is utterly confused as Chloe mentioned that there are no exact way to obtain many skill but based on her companion story from earlier, some of them already gained a skill or even multiple of them. This made Eunbi wonder whether this is some bonus from Sier or not as she thought that their life so far is quite easy and laid back.

 

“You think we can made this into food? Something like a salad in a sandwich?”

 

Hyewon picked up a medicinal herb and put it into her bread. She chomped off the food before anyone could restraint her from doing so.

 

Skill obtained: Cooking

 

“This is too random.”

 

Hyewon mumbled before continuing her food hour rush. She then explained to them that she obtained a skill just by randomly putting a food in between another food which is quickly copied by others. They are amazed at the findings and wondering if there are any way to increase their skill level.

 

“Ah, there’s a new slot added in our status bar. It’s written as skills, maybe if we choose this…”

 

Sakura is tinkering with her skills to find out a way to increase their gained skill. She realized that there are a bunch of points named as Skills Point (SP) at the upper corner of her right which she gladly spend onto her Boost Agi skills.

 

“Whoa, what is this feelings?”

 

Sakura astonished as she can feel some tingling warmness exudes from her body as she allocated 10 SP for her Boost Agi. She realized that her agility is increasing than before based on her status board.

 

Boost AGI levelled up!

 

“Hmmm? Ah, I think I know how things work.”

 

Sakura hummed and happily allocating other points into her cooking skills. She felt some information rushing into her mind and she gasped as she can easily making simple things to cook as the recipe and preparation method popped up in her mind.

 

“Hey, try to open up your skills slot at the status bar. There’s a way to level up our gained skills by allocating our skill point for each of it.”

 

Sakura relayed the information to her friends. She is amazed at how easily they can increase their level without spending any effort.

 

“Ah, there’s limit on how we can level up our skills. It will be depending on our level and SP. I know how to level up but how in the world can we gained SP?”

 

Hyewon configuring every possible outcome for them to receive such blessing. She is frowning while thinking which is considered rare as she is usually really laid back and lax. They just spending time together less than 48 hours but they seems already clicked with one another.

 

“Hyewon! How much your agility anyway for your hand to move at such ridiculous speed while eating?”

 

Sakura astonished looking Hyewon much more energetic than she ever see. Hyewon just swing her hand around which made Eunbi had question mark popping while watching the girl action. Sudden appearance of status board in from of them making the girls taken aback but they just sighed.

 

Hyewon, Lvl 1, Human, Magician

 

HP: 25

MP: 40

AGI: 10

STR: 10

INT: 22

 

MONEY: 3000 G

 

“Your speed is clearly subpar than anyone but how in the world can you move like that even with this low agility?”

 

Sakura facepalmed as Hyewon her fingers after finishing all of the breads in one go. She just smiled innocently at Sakura while thanking her for providing food when she urgently needing it.

 

“Well, time to continue our little quest. Let’s gather some more medicinal herbs and antidote herbs. We can make more money by turning these into potions, right?”

 

Chaeyeon said while stretching her body. Eunbi stood up and asked characteristics of antidote herbs as she more or less can recognize the  medicinal herbs already. Sakura shrugged as she heard Chaeyeon’s suggestion.

 

Well, I am better fighting those monsters rather than collecting things. It is not my forte.

 

Sakura monologue as she saved the bread. She just remember that she have the inventory skills and cursed herself not to utilize it earlier.

 

Guess you are that worried about me to even forget our useful tools.

 

Hyewon smirk as she teased Sakura.

 

Shut up, hamster. Be thankful that I am good enough to run at full speed just to find something for you to munch.

 

Yeah, yeah. You are my angel, my saviour, Sakura. I love~ You~

 

Hyewon hugged Sakura as she really love to initiate skinship. However, Sakura is struggling by the younger sudden touchy time which send shiver down her spine.

 

B-back off! No sudden hug in the broad daylight!

 

Sakura stuttered as she quickly distanced herself from Hyewon.

 

Hmm? So is it okay if I hug you in the middle of the night?

 

Hyewon humming as she love to see Sakura flustered face.

 

Pshh, piss off. I will cling with Eunbi so tight that you cannot come to break us apart.

 

Sakura flipped her short hair and equipped her sword again. Hyewon just chuckled and ready to resume her job again while Eunbi and Chaeyeon collecting herbs.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter