Double dates

Status: It’s Complicated

Hey, You are back! So, the last time we left off with the gang having a sleepover. TOP was drunk or should i say high, and Anna ended up sleeping with him in the living room, Will it get awkward for her? Let’s get on with the story shall we?

 

As TOP washes up, words and sentences started appearing in his head again. “ I experience this feeling everyday. And don’t you ever say i don’t know how it feels to love someone so much, and not have him love me back” after remembering her words, he was confused as he stumbled out of his bathroom, walking towards his room door. He placed his hand on the knob, hesitating for a moment if he should confront Anna about what happened. While walking towards the direction of the living room, Anna came out of the bathroom, accidentally bumping into him .

 

She saw the fatigue look on TOP’s face and she didn’t want to bother him any further. After all, she did shouted at him. Once she saw him, she quickly walked away to avoid any confrontation with him. TOP ran his right hand through his hair, wanting to say something to her but on a second thought.. he should just let it go for now since she probably felt uncomfortable judging based on the bathroom incident that cause the whole atmosphere to be awkward.

 

Anna plotted herself on the sofa beside Julie, almost immediately leaning her head on Julie’s shoulder. Not to forget, she is still embarrassed.

 

" Hey, I heard you slept on the sofa last night?" Julie asked her best friend softly..

 

Anna cleared and tried to sound casual by saying " Yeah, i guess I was too tired "

 

Taeyang switched on the television and a pizza commercial was shown, alerting the youngest.

 

" Hey guys! Why not we have pizza now??" He took the idea from the advertisement shown while pointing at the television .

 

Taeyang dialed the number, calling for a pizza delivery, after everyone’s approval. The pizzas didn’t take long to arrive. They sat around and chit chat at the living room, leaving Taeyang and Seungri who were still eating at the dining table. Throughout the whole pizza meal, Anna was having butterflies in her stomach, trying to keep the pizza eaten in her stomach.

 

I can understand that, I mean the girl just spent a night sleeping very near her crush. It’s a surprise that she is still here.

 

Taeyang and Seungri was on the dining table talking and laughing with each other loudly, causing attention especially from the girls.

 

" Julie, hyung was wondering if you would want to have dinner with him tonight. ” Seungri helped him to pop the question to Julie with a smile.

 

Oh, so that is what the guys were talking about over pizza.

 

" Sure, maybe we can wait for the rest as well and we can proceed together?" Julie replied back  with a innocent smile ..

 

" Ohhh, I don’t think he likes that.. He wants to eat with you, only you... " Seungri looked at Taeyang and gave a pat on his back. Come on bro.

 

" Oh ! Just me? O-oh.. alright then!" Julie took out her courage to agree to the date. Not forgetting, she was blushing.

 

I think by now, they all know that Taeyang and Julie have sparks going on between the two of them, it’s just the matter of fact that who will be the first to initiate the first move and apparently, it was Seungri who helped to start the ball rolling.

 

" I think i will go back home first? Dress up and freshen up more.. “ Julie realize that she wasn’t in a right attire for a first date with her crush. She was just wearing Taeyang’s big shirt and Jeans. That is not appropriate at all.

 

“ Oh ! Sure .. where would you suggest to go ? “ Taeyang finally spoke for himself .. After Seungri started the ball rolling, it was easier for him to continue.

 

“ Hmm.. how about you decide the place and message me the place you want to meet? " Julie had took her bag, eager to go home and change into a more appropriate attire for the date later on. Taeyang stood up and walked with her towards the door. She gave a slight nod before heading towards the door ..

 

Damn that Julie, wouldn’t even discuss with Anna before heading off, but it's understandable, I mean your crush just asked you out. Your head and mind is probably not where it is supposed to be right now.

 

" Anna, Since your bestie is having dinner with hyung.. would you want to have dinner with the rest of us?" Daesung asked with a smile.. It was much easier for him to ask Anna since they weren’t as awkward as Taeyang and Julie or worst, TOP and Anna.

 

" Thanks, but .. I think i will head home .. " She stood up and went to Jiyong’s room to take her bag. It was awkward and tensed. She shouted at her crush, snatched the beer can from him and spend the night with him. It was too overwhelming for her to absorb everything that had just happened.

 

It didn’t take long before Taeyang came back. His heart is pumping and racing just as fast as Julie’s, but he tried his best to keep it in. Boys being boys, he was pretty sure he was going to get teased and disturbed if he were to display out his emotions.

 

" Date huh? " TOP teased Taeyang.

 

He was now blushing.. it was so obvious and it’s so cute ..

 

Oops, too late, he still got teased.

 

Anna packed her stuff in Jiyong’s room, thats where she left them last night and before having that little drama with TOP. She sat down on Jiyong’s bed and slowly folded them into her bag. She probably doesn’t even know what she was stuffing in her back. Her heart and mind was all over the place with questions running through her head. What would have happened if TOP and her talked through the night? What will happened if she confessed last night? Is it too fast? Is it the right time? Probably not. She shook her head a few times and got up from Jiyong’s bed. Heading out of the room.

 

" I'll go off now ... " Anna said and waved at the rest as she walked to the door, but TOP was fast enough to grab her wrist before she heads out of the door. Oh. . Who just grab my wrist?

 

" Where are you going?" His voice penetrated in her ears. This surprised Anna very much. He is talking to her? He is not angry or mad at her?

 

" I'm going home..." she spoke softly, looking at his legs instead of his face.. Her heartbeat was racing, it was as if she had just ran a marathon. She could feel the blood rushing towards her cheeks.

 

" I'll drive you.." he said while he took his car keys that was hanged on the wall, just beside the door. They all had their car keys hanged there, probably for convenience. It is definitely an advantage for Seungri as he is always the muddle-headed one. He then pulled her out, without waiting for her response. It was lucky that Anna was wearing flats that was easy slip on and continue to get dragged out by her crush.

 

" Wonder what happened to them last night" Daesung looked at the door’s direction.. Which is of course, closed.

 

Gdragon was tempted to dash out and follow them..He knew there was something going on. He knew that the 2 probably spent some time together last night, but he wasn’t sure what really happened. He bit his lips and took a deep breath, resisting the urge.

 

Once TOP and Anna were in the car, she could feel his’s eyes burning a hole at the top of her head as she wears her seat belt. Please don’t look up at him. It would be nothing but awkwardness. Don’t look.

 

" I guess you know about my love life now” His voice ringed in her ears. His voice filled the whole car. Oh .

 

" You were drunk.. I won’t tell anyone" Anna could only manage those words out. She was still not looking at him.. Can I just jump out of the car now? Maybe just roll down the window so I can crawl out. Anything, just to get out of the car.

 

Erm, the car is stationary, Anna.

 

" You shouted at me yesterday.  " He was still smiling at her but she didn’t notice it. She wasn’t even looking at him since they stepped in the car. Apologize Anna. Apologize.  

 

" I didn't .. mean it .. I'm sorry " she apologized. Honestly, she was expecting him to maybe continue what happened last night, or maybe even scold her, but what happened next was not what Anna expected. He just simply chuckled and start the car. Luckily, the radio was on as they journeyed towards Anna’s home, now she understand why music is so important especially at a time like this. It could really keep her calm.. Before the music, she was even cautious of how she breathes. Like come on.. Seriously?

 

The music accompanied them all the way till they reached outside Anna’s apartment.  She unbuckled her seatbelt and thanked him before getting out of the car..

 

Get out. Get out now.

 

“ You want to meet me for dinner? " Just before she closed the door, he suddenly spoke. Did he just ask her out? How is she going to response to that?

 

" I.. where? " she stuttered, still a little confused.. Everything is just so overwhelming.  

 

" Just wait here at 7pm" he looked at his watch and back at her.. 7.. 7 pm.. She could do that, it is still early, she could freshen up, put on some makeup. Calm her nerves. Just like that, she nodded. She actually nodded. She quickly close the door and ran, yes, ran to her apartment. She leaned against her closed door, trying to calm her racing heart. What just happened?!

 

Anna stays in an apartment near the boys Penthouse. It’s a 2 bedroom with 1 living room, 1 dining area and 2 bathrooms. It’s a simple yet cozy house. She didn’t need such a big house, she was living alone. Julie would always drop by her house and of course the 2 had countless of sleepovers.

 

Okay. Time to get ready. She took a deep breath and headed to the bathroom. She looked at herself in the mirror. Just calm down.. And let’s see how it goes.

 

At 6:50 pm, she was prepared, wearing her light pink, long sleeve dress with lace, her dress length stopped at about 4 inches above her knees. She wore her classic Vans shoes to match her outfit. She is not that kind of girl that love to dress up, so she ended up wearing anything that is comfortable to her. She took her purse and left the house. She closed the door behind her and lock it, She could hear a familiar engine howl as it got closer to her. She turned and saw his black BMW. Damn he was on the dot! As TOP stepped out of his car and walk towards Anna, she could see his outfit. Black jacket with white long sleeved shirt, with a branded green and red logo in the middle of the white shirt. He paired it with a pair of black long pants, his silver H logo belt, reflecting any light that was shined on the logo and he struts over with his Vans. He was branded from the top to bottom. Damn boy. He walked over to the side door of the passenger seat, opening the door for her.

 

" I see you are well prepared” He smiled as he gesture for her to get in the car. Seriously.. Why is he smiling. It’s so charming.

 

Please Anna.  

 

" I .. thanks .. “ she stuttered as she blushed.. What happened to the girl that shouted and raised her voice last night? I think she is hiding in the apartment. She probably left her guts in her apartment.

 

To be honest, she wasn’t hungry. She just wanted to spend more time with him at every opportunity available, hopefully he can feel better.. She noticed, he had parked near the beach. The beach? She doesn’t know where they are going and all she could do was tag along and follow behind him. The funny thing is that she trusts him..

 

He brought her to this restaurant near the beach, they were immediately served by a waiter, walking into an open air table. The place and view outside was breathtaking. They had to walk a few steps of stairs to the table. The sky isn’t that dark yet, it was greyish blue, there were small and dim fairy lights were all over the restaurant. With the waves crashing against the shore, the smell of salt from the sea, it was very calming and relaxing sight and auditory hearing.

 

“ What would you like?” he asked, not looking up from the menu in his hands..

 

“ Anything is fine.. “ Anna replied, glancing around the restaurant to take in the magnificent view.. Why is it so beautiful here? Why did he choose this place? Why can’t he bring her to a fast food restaurant or somewhere less romantic, this will just make her think too much.

 

He lift his hand up and immediately the same waiter came over took his order. She didn’t understand what he was ordering, but also maybe because she didn’t bother, she didn’t care.. The view of this y man sitting across her was all that matters.

 

" You live by yourself right??" his voice pulled her back into reality. It was then she realize that he was done with ordering.

 

" Yeah.. " she replied him. It’s been 2 years. 2 years of being friends and you ask me this question now? Really TOP?

 

It was getting darker, and the weather was getting colder. Damn Anna, why didn’t you bring a jacket, you fool. Anna scolded herself.

 

"I remembered you told us .." He smiled. It must be so obvious that she was cold because TOP suddenly stood up and took the jacket, draping it over her shoulders.

 

His cologne was mixed in his outerwear, it wasn’t too strong, it was mild.. It was a mix of his cologne and a smell .. it was his scentl. It was Choi SeungHyun’s.. She took a small whiff of his smell every once in awhile, smiling to herself..

 

Sure, because that is not creepy at all Anna.

 

The same waiter came over with their food and drinks. She looked down and realize he had ordered the same thing as well. What is this? Steak? Mutton? Beef? Chicken? It is this blob of meat, with some white sauce on it, the decoration and plating is really elegant though.

 

“ Your Steak Au Poivre” the waiter gave a slight bow .. All right, if he says it’s Steak, its Steak.

 

“ Thank you .. “ she thanked him.. He gave a small smile before heading back to continue serving other people. Anna wasn’t hungry at all. She really wasn’t but it is going to be so rude if she doesn’t put the food in so she began to cut the meat into pieces and slowly placing them in . Surprisingly, it’s really good. The steak looks hard because it is served as a blob, but once she sank her teeth into the steak, it’s really soft.

 

“ So.. Jamie just got married.. “ TOP voice out randomly which broke the silence. This caused Anna to widen her eyes.

 

Let me tell you a bit about Jamie. You see, Jamie is Jiyong's Niece. She is only a few years younger than him, maybe that is why they are so protective of her.

 

(Flashback Starts)

 

“ Jiyong oppa! Did you open any email from me? ” That was Jamie’s first sentence after Jiyong opened the door for her. She was panting, nervous, looked as if her mind was all over the place. It was rare to see her be like this. She is usually composed, calm and a 19 year old that is full of charisma and confidence.

 

“ What happened to you?” He asked her, but this girl looked at Jiyong with eyes that was about to tear up. Jamie looked like a mess.

 

“ Answer me!” She took a few steps cautiously in front, towards him. The makeup on her face was all cakey, probably from all the sweat she perspires from being anxious and nervous. This must be serious.

 

“ No.. No, I have not .. What happened?” He looked into her now and all he could see was fear in her eyes. At this moment, TOP and Anna walk in to the house through the front door, to be greeted by a very nervous and a total wrecked teenager. On that night, Taeyang and Daesung was at the studio doing some editing while our goofy was out on a date and Julie was out with her family. So the penthouse was left with only TOP, Gdragon and Anna..

 

“ Whatever you do.. Do not open the email I sent you”, she pleaded. TOP and Jiyong have never seen her like this. Yes, she does get in trouble, but she have never acted like this. Sure she would be screaming and yelling sometimes, but never this messed up.

 

Jiyong immediately turned and head straight to his room to get his laptop. This matter must have meant a lot for Jamie to come all the way to his penthouse at 10 pm, looking like that. He know his niece is always getting herself into trouble. Either she finds trouble or trouble finds her. The moment he enter his room, he locked his door. He quickly went over to his desk, where is laptop was. He sat down on his chair and switched on his laptop immediately to open his email, ignoring the fact that the teenager is pleading and knocking at his room door outside.

 

“ Jamie.. What happened?” Anna held on to her as she panicked.

 

“ Anna.. You have to help me. Jiyong oppa cannot see that email!” She turned to talk to Anna but she continued her knocks and pleading afterwards.

 

“ What did you do ?!” TOP is now worried. He grabbed her by the arm and looked in her eyes welled up with tears. The moment her pitiful eyes meet his piercing eyes, tears were threatening to fall.

 

“ Seunghyun oppa, get the spare key please! Do something! Break the door down! “ She begged him.. TOP was about to response, or maybe even scold her but Anna quickly intereferred.

 

“ Jamie.. Don’t do this..” Anna continue to hold her in her place, she was afraid Jamie might lose her balance or fall. She looked so terrified, shaking.. The banging and pleading only stopped when the unlock sound could be hear, and Jiyong opened the door with the laptop in his right hand. Damn, he looks so pissed. He just stood there and stared at her. Anna was shock to see him in this state. Fire could been seen in his eyes. TOP immediately walked behind Jiyong to open up the drama email that his niece sent. His eyes widen almost immediately once he opened the email.

 

“Why did you send me your tape? No.. Why did you even make one?!” Jiyong walked towards her, the fire still in his eyes. Instinctively, she stumbled backwards with Anna following her since she was still holding on to her.

 

“ It was a mistake! It wasn’t supposed to be sent to you.. “ She was crying now. Not hysterically, but sobbing.

 

“ Oppa.. Stop it. You are scaring her.” She stick out a hand, lightly pressing her hand on his chest. Stopping him for walking towards her, or should i say, charging towards her.

 

“ She made a freaking tape!” Jiyong raised his voice.. This time Jamie started crying, no longer sobbing but crying. Anna stood in between them, preventing him from coming nearer towards her. Anna took a deep breath before she try to say something to the pissed and angry man.

 

“ Oppa, she obviously didn’t want you to see that video. She is crying and you are scaring her.” Anna did not raise her voice, but in a soft tone instead because the last thing she want to do is to anger him even more.

 

“ Why did you send it to him?” TOP spoke, still holding on to Jiyong’s laptop. He looked angry and pissed as well, but his was manageable compared to the burning leader of his.

 

“ It was an accident! I wanted to send it to my boyfriend, not my uncle!” She covered her face with both her hands, feeling ashamed of herself.

 

“ You shouldn’t even be making one!” He raised his voice again, directing behind Anna, at the poor teenager.

 

“ Okay enough!” Anna pushed them away from each other, she was so afraid that Jiyong might slap her. These 2 boys love this girl too much, that is why they are acting like that.

 

Anna turned to hold Jamie’s cheeks tenderly as she looked in to her eyes “ Jamie.. I need you to delete that tape, alright?”  Jamie nodded softly feeling ashamed and scared.

 

“ Oppa.. Enough please.. “ Anna turned towards Jiyong who had folded his arms. His jaw tighten.. Oh, he is still so pissed. He angrily and frustratedly walked away from them. It was too much for him.

 

“ I will delete it once i reach home.. “ She told Anna, who smiled at her..

 

“ How are you going home?” Anna used her hand to comb through her hair, this poor girl is so terrified and still looking so nervous, but of course much better than before.

 

“ My boyfriend is waiting for me outside..” She whispered but Anna shushed her, Anna too was afraid that Jiyong and TOP might rush out to punch that guy in the face.

 

“ Okay, go.. Go home and delete it .. “ Jamie nodded her head and head for the front door. When Anna turned around, TOP was already in Jiyong’s room. Her eyes scanned for Jiyong and spot him sitting on the sofa, with his arms folded. She walked over and sat beside him..

 

“ She will learn..” She place her left hand on Jiyong’s right shoulder, squeezing it lightly, trying to provide comfort for him.

 

“I am going to hunt her boyfriend down..” He finally spoke with a murderously low voice. Well at least he is speaking and not shouting anymore.

 

“ What are you going to do even if you find him? You will just feel more upset. At least Jamie know that it’s wrong now. Give her another chance” Anna continued to console him.. She stood up and went to his kitchen to get an empty glass, opening the freezer to get some ice, dropping them in the cup, pouring some water in it.. She then took any chocolate bar that she could find, heading back to the living room…

 

“ Oppa, give her another chance alright?” She passed the glass of iced water and the chocolate bar to him. She know that whenever he is stressed or upset, he will usually find these 2 item as comfort. He took the 2 items from her hand, smiling a little now..

 

“ I won’t go home until you have cooled down.. “ Anna sat beside him, crossing her legs. She was planning to sit there beside him, till he feel better, she knows that it’s not the smartest idea to leave him when he is pissed. TOP and Jiyong have the same character and that is to be rash. She didn’t want him to do anything that he might regret later on. To be honest, a small smile start to appear from his face, and it was this present moment, when he know that he has officially fallen for this girl without her knowing.

 

(End of flashback)

 

“ Are you serious?” Anna was still shock that the now 21 years old Jamie is finally getting married. This topic actually eased the atmosphere. Laughter and chuckles could be heard but all of their conversations did not revolve around Jamie only. Topic after topic as they conversed. It was just perfect. The atmosphere wasn’t as tensed as before.

 

Just before they knew it, TOP and Anna were walking towards his car. Can you believe it? They are still talking. Talking all the way back to Anna’s house. She was feeling secured and comfortable with him again.

 

“Thank you for tonight..” She thanked him the moment the car stopped outside her house. She really did had fun today. She even forgot about what happened last night. She looked into his eyes, Oh dear.. She really could get lost in them. She shook herself a few times to get back to reality.

 

“ Good night.. “ She quickly opened the car door, placing both her legs on the floor, and that’s when he surprised her with his words.

 

" Thats it? Aren't you going to let me in ?” She frozed..

 

Oh Anna, you are in big trouble now..

 

(Taeyang and Julie..)

 

Let’s not forget about our other couple.

 

At 7pm, Taeyang was in the restaurant waiting..  He was wearing a buttoned long sleeve shirt, with 2 buttons on top that was popped open. Black long pants and his classic Vans.

 

Damn, what is with them and their Vans shoes?

 

Julie walked in, her long wavy hair flow down to her shoulder, along with her white blouse and blue skinny long jeans, and a little different from the rest, this girl is wearing her heels. Her red heels.

 

They definitely had a different date from TOP and Anna, these 2 just clicked the moment they sat down. They were comfortable with each other. They chatted, laughed, teased and they blushed.

 

" That’s what I said! " he laughed at another of Julie’s joke. Julie hated tension and awkwardness, probably that's why she could break the ice very easily.

 

“ I know, but I just can’t tango..” She easily linked this joke with another joke that they were talking about earlier.. It was so easy for them to laugh, those two were like children. Anything that comes out of either one of their mouth, would just send them off laughing.

 

" You are so great, I love you. " Taeyang shoot whatever he felt like saying. Maybe it was the wine. Maybe it was all the laughter and adrenaline rush that had went up to his head but he said it.. He really said it.. This time none of them laughed.. It was serious now..

 

" What did you say?” She asked, She controlled her emotions but there is something that she can’t control, she is blushing.

 

" I’m sorry.. I think it’s the wine talking .. “ He blame it on the wine that he was holding, he quickly gulp the rest of the wine down his throat. Shut up Youngbae. Just shut up.

 

“ No.. No.. Its okay.. “ Taeyang place down his glass and looked at her, eyes widen..

 

“Okay.. Breathe in … Breathe out.. ” she taught him to breathe as they chuckled. At least these two could entertain themselves.

 

“ Would... you like to ... try it out ??? " Taeyang finally popped the question but Julie was too shock to even think. Youngbae! Oh my goodness.. What is going on?!


I’m hoping you guys could guess her reaction.

 

(Back at Anna’s Apartment)

 

“ Anna.. about last night.. “ he decided to start on this topic about last night.. Oh great, she really is in trouble now.. Isn’t she? He is going to tie her up and slap her isn’t he? Why did she even allow him to enter her house. Is it too late to kick him out now? Can she just run in her room and hide? Too late now Anna.. Too late.

 

“ I really didn’t mean to shout at you.. “ she quickly defended herself. Her heart nearly skipped a beat when he walked closer to her. Do you know intimidating that is?!

 

“ Please do keep my love life to yourself.. “ he looked into her eyes. She couldn’t speak out, all she could do was nod. He smiled and was about to walk away when she found back her guts and courage to voice out her thoughts.

 

“Just remember .. She is not worth it .. Not worth your tears and ..“ She spoke but got cut off by him..

 

“ I know .. “ he turned around and face her. Why Anna? Why can’t you just shut up. He was about to walk away from you.

 

“ Just know that.. there is a girl out there, for you .. “ She looked into his eyes, genuinely and sincerely, not breaking any eye contact ..

 

“ How do I find her ? How do i know if it’s her? “ he walked even nearer to her, still not breaking any eye contact.. She bit her lower lips, noticing the distance between the both of them was closer than before..

 

“ You will know .. “ she said softly but sure..

 

“ Someone that will do almost anything for you. Someone that can make you smile .. even when she’s not trying “ she continued .. looking in his eyes.. Not breaking any eye contact..

 

“ It’s not that easy .. “ he replied back softly, by now .. they are only a few cm away from each other. Why does he have such an impact on her? Her heart is about to pop out from her chest. Oh, She was sure that he could hear her heartbeat.

 

“ It’s not that hard.. “ she answered back, closing the distance between them.. Where did she get all this guts and courage to stand firm on the ground?

 

Anna, Run.. Hide.. Just go away..

 

It took about a few seconds, or maybe even longer for him to lean even closer to her.. She wasn’t afraid, the funny thing is, she didn’t want to move away either. She got lost looking in his eyes, it was just plain mesmerizing. It was this moment that caused both of their lives to take a huge turning point, there is no turning back now. TOP's gaze flickered from her eyes to her lips. He decided to go with his heart and closed in the remaining distance between them as he planted his lips on hers.

 

See. You are in trouble now.

Trouble~

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------TO BE CONTINUED------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------