Change topic

Status: It’s Complicated

Hello all! Thank you for coming back! Now, the last time we left Anna taking care of TOP who had caught a cold. She had to run to his house for his clothes. He was stubborn on taking his medicine but would take them under one condition which was her laying beside him. Let’s see what happens in this chapter!

 

He slowly opened his eyes as his vision slowly took in the view of the ceiling above him. It’s different from his room. The surrounding was unfamiliar to him and not the usual view he have when he woke up. It took a few seconds for him to slowly absorb the room layout to realise he was in Anna’s room.. “I will take the medicine.. Only if you stay here with me.. ” He smiled when memories of last night came back to him.. The medicine must have made him drowsy as he had slept through with no interruptions last night .. He slowly sat up, looking at the clock on the wall that showed 10:45 am.. He turned his attention to the empty side of the bed beside him. Where is Anna?

 

He got up and walked towards the bathroom, knocking on the bathroom door..

 

" Anna?” He called for her but there was no reply. He made his way out of her room, towards the living room. He looked around at his surroundings and Anna was nowhere to be found..

 

His attention turned towards the main door when he heard the keys clinking against the lock, indicating that someone was entering the house.. The sides of his mouth immediately got lifted when he saw Anna entering the house, carrying two plastic bags..

 

" Where did you go?” That was his first sentence when she stepped into the premises of the house.

 

" I went to buy you something to eat.." She placed the food on her kitchen counter, going over to him to check his temperature with the back of her hand. She touched his forehead, his cheek and then she looked into his eyes to realised that he was staring at her intently this whole time. Their eyes met, the back of her hand still on his right cheek. He shut his eyes and leaned his whole face against the back of her hand as a way of showing affection. Her mind was in a trance, looking at how peaceful and happy he was, and that made her happy as well. She was pulled back into reality the moment he placed his right hand on her left hand that was touching his cheek. Anna cleared and broke the skin contact almost immediately, as if she was scalded by something hot..

 

“ Your fever has subsided.. Do you want to take a shower first? I brought extra clothes for you last night”

 

“ I ..” Anna didn’t give him a chance to speak and she rushed him into her room. Honestly, she wanted him out of the kitchen.. She held her left chest the moment he was out of sight. Her breaths were deep, in an attempt to catch her breath, as if she had held her breath the whole time TOP was close to her. Her heart was still pumping fast from that mere close contact she had with him. She needed a few minutes to compose herself and it was good that he obeyed and went to shower.

 

You can breathe now.

 

When he came back after fifteen minutes, Anna was back to being calm and composed. He sat down at the kitchen island, opposite from her. She had already prepared and lay out the two bowls of porridge, side dishes of steamed fish and steamed egg. It was a simple and bland meal but it’s good for him.

 

“ I know it might be a little bland.. but it’s good for you.” She passed a spoon to him..

 

“ Thank you” he answered, taking the spoon from her hand. She took a spoonful of porridge and put it in , her eyes fixated on the porridge below, avoiding to look up at him. She knew her heart would start racing again, she knew she would lose her composure and calmness.. Small actions made by him could make her heart flutter and have butterflies in her stomach. It was like that two years ago and it is still like that in the present. Her feelings for him have not changed one bit, the affection for him only grew stronger..

 

“ I felt terrible last night. Thank you for taking care of me” he broke the silence..

 

“ You were running a fever.. What happened? Why were you drenched?” She remembered the moment she opened the door, she saw him drenched. Why was his drenched? Why was he at my doorstep?

 

“ I took a stroll, wanting to clear my mind when it suddenly rained” he explained. He needed to clear his mind from all this chaos badly and maybe walking alone in his neighbourhood would help a little.

 

“ Why didn’t you look for a shelter?” she asked.. She was sure that there were many shelters along the way from his house to her house. There were shops, bus stops that had shelter along the way from his penthouse to her apartment.

 

“ No, I didn’t put much thought in it... I just continued to walk and my legs lead me to your house” he looked up at her but she immediately looked away, stuffing another spoonful of porridge in .. It was true that subconsciously, his legs have brought his body to the place where his heart actually belonged. Anna refrained herself from looking at him, afraid she might fall deeper for him..

 

Change topic, girl..

 

“ After we are done, we will go see a doctor alright?” she continued eating with her eyes fixated at the table. He didn’t reply but honestly she didn’t know if he did. He could shake his head or nod his head but she wouldn’t know. The whole time, the atmosphere was silent and quiet. There was many question running through her mind, but it’s not appropriate to ask him now. Not now, not when he sick.

 

Just then, a familiar melody broke the silence. TOP’s natural instinct was to touch his pockets, in search for his phone but it was obvious that his phone was not within reach so he stood up and walked to Anna’s room, following the sound of the melody. Shirley’s name appeared on his screen and his thumb lingered above the red button as he wanted to reject the call so badly but she’s pregnant. It could be urgent. He let out a sigh and accepted the call instead, placing the device against his right ear.

 

“ Oppa.. Where are you? Your members said you didn't go back last night..” Shirley asked in her sweet voice, which sounded sickening to him. She used that voice as she wanted to know about his whereabouts but yet she didn’t want to annoy him.

 

“ I am busy..” His answer was short and cold.

 

“ I miss you.. I’m outside your Penthouse now ... i want to see you..” She whined but not too much, afraid that he might be pissed or annoyed.

 

“ Shirley..” he was interrupted..

 

“ Okay, see you soon..” she ended the call before he could even response. He placed his phone in his back pocket and let out a heavy sigh.. He slowly walked out of her room to see Anna on the sofa, playing with her phone.

 

“ baby, I have to go out for awhile …” he said it reluctantly. Although he really didn’t want to meet Shirley, but he knew he had to. She stood up from the sofa and went to her room, packing his old clothes in a plastic bag, placing it in his duffel bag. Anna left him in the living room was because TOP called her baby and it made her heart skipped a beat. Going in to the room was a mere excuse so she could compose herself. She exited her room and passed his bag to him.

 

“ Take it home..” She moved to her sofa and acted nonchalant although it was killing her inside. She was jealous.. She had already suspected that the call was from Shirley. And it was true that Shirley needed TOP more than her. After all, its two lives against her life. How could she be so selfish to want TOP all for herself?!

 

" I will be back ..." he wanted to walk towards Anna and give her a kiss on her forehead but decided to act against it since their relationship was unstable now. Instead, he headed towards her front door and put on his shoes. She forced a smile and closed the door as soon as he stepped out of her house. She couldn’t control her emotions anymore because the moment her front door was shut, she slumped down to the floor almost immediately.. She ran her hand through her scalp, feeling helpless that she had to resist the temptation to go any closer to him.

 

(TOP and Shirley..)

 

“ Why did you take so Long?” she got in his black BMW the moment he stopped at the roadside beside her. Shirley quickly fastened her seatbelt and started blabbering. wouldn’t stop moving. TOP zoned out the moment she started talking, blocking all the sounds and words that she said. He doesn’t even know what she was talking about. All that filled his mind was Anna and the whole incident with her since yesterday night. The way she faked her smile when he left. Such an idiot! Was it a wrong choice to leave her alone in that house?

 

“ Oppa! I’m asking you..” She nudged him.. Oh , what did she say?

 

“ What was your question?” He asked while his eyes were fixated on the road, never once did he spare her any glance.

 

“ I asked if we should watch a movie?” she repeated herself.

 

“ Yeah.. Sure.” he said mindlessly. Wait. Did I just agreed to watch a movie with her? Oh no, why did I agree to that? Is it too late to reject her? Anna is at home waiting for me so she could bring me to see a doctor. Why am I so stupid to blow that chance away?! He mentally face palmed himself.

 

They were half way through the movie and he doesn’t know what is going on! Is this romance? Is this comedy? For the tenth time, he absentmindedly looking down at his phone for missed calls, messages, anything from Anna but sighed when there was nothing shown on his screen. She circled her arms around his and that was the first time he paid attention to the movie. It was a romantic scene and the on screen couples were making out. Shirley took this advantage to lean in and gave him a peck on his cheek, startling him. He ignored that peck from her but the peck on his cheek turned to a kiss on his neck and she gave butterfly kisses on his neck when there was no reaction from him. He moved away and glared at her. He didn’t even need to say a word because that strong and stern glare was enough to send shivers down her spine. She just unlink her arms and started to pout.

 

Silly girl, sense the atmosphere.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------TO BE CONTINUED------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------