I don't give up easily

Status: It’s Complicated

 

Hello Everyone! We are back! So.. the leader took care of Anna and he was so close to confessing his heart to her. Let’s continue..

 

(3 Days later .. in Japan)

 

“ Seunghyun.. Are you okay?” His manager spoke to him but he didn’t reply. He was in his own world, still deep in thoughts until Daesung jabbed him in the ribcage and that was when he got pulled back to reality.

 

“I’m sorry, what did you say?” he looked up at his manager. His eyes says it all, tired. The eye bags were piling up under his eyes.  

 

“We will take 15 minutes break,” the director of the interview decided it was time for a short break, hopefully after the break, TOP could buck up and focus for the first interview. It was just the first interview.  

 

“ Hyung.. what is wrong with you?” Daesung turned to the oldest member of the band. He was never like this. Not even when Shirley dumped him. Yes he was sad, but not like this, this guy really looked troubled!

 

“ I just have a lot on my plate right now..” he lift his right thumb and middle finger pressing on either side on the temples of his head, massaging it..

 

“ You know that you can talk to me, right?” Daesung pat the rapper on his shoulder. He released the fingers that was on his head and turned his attention on him..

 

“ I know .. thank you..” he gave a light smile to show his appreciation.

 

(Gdragon and Anna..)

 

“ Anna.. are you okay?” Jiyong decided to put down his cup of ice cream on the table in front of him and waved his hand gently in front of her, to get her out of her own world.

 

Uh-yeah..” When she was back in to reality, she nervously forced out a laugh and scooped a spoon of her favourite Rum n Raisin ice cream in to , allowing the ice cream to melt in . The ice cream is of no taste.. She then turned to look out of the glass window beside her. Jiyong was prepared to pry out what was on her mind but his phone didn’t allow him to.. He felt the vibration and a text beep coming from his phone that was lying on the table. His eyes can’t help but glanced at his phone that reads New Message from Seungri.

 

“ Seungri” was what Anna heard. She turned her head towards the leader, confused..

 

“ What about him?” She asked.. She saw the leader was engrossed with his phone, busy typing away, as if the phone had his soul in. Hearing Seungri’s name, made her realise that she missed him. In fact, she missed them all.. Anna had not seen Seungri, Taeyang and even Julie for 3 days. She had not came out of her house all these while and if it wasn’t for Jiyong she would probably still be lazing around at home.. Jiyong had to practically dragged her out of her apartment for some ice cream nearby.

 

“ Work..” he mumbled under his breath as he continued tapping on his phone screen at a crazily fast speed..

 

Minutes passed by, and silence surrounded them.. Since Jiyong was busy, Anna did not want to disturb him so she looked out of the window to pass time. Subconsciously, she fiddled with the ice cream in her cup, drawing shapes, pushing the ball of ice cream around the melted cream. How is he? Is he doing well in Japan? Is he eating well? Is it tiring for him? Does he have enough sleep? All these were going through her mind.. She was so deep in her thoughts that she didn’t even notice Jiyong staring at her..

 

“ Are you gonna eat that? It’s gonna turn to cream..” He raised his eyebrow, concerned of her playing with her ice cream instead of gobbling it down like she always does.

 

“Uh.. No..” She placed her cup of melted ice cream down on the table, having no appetite to continue eating her share of ice cream.

 

“ Ready to go?” He stood up and head over to the counter and paid for their ice cream with Anna trailing behind him. Anna unconsciously head towards the direction of her house and she stopped on her tracks when she felt a warm hand holding her back. She turned around and looked at him with confusion all over her face.

 

“ Anna, follow me..” He dragged her to his car that was parked at the sidewalk.

 

“ Where are we going?” She could sense that they were heading to somewhere else instead of her apartment. He simply smiled, opened the car door and tilted his head to signal her to get in. She eyed at him suspiciously but got in the car anyway, with a smile on her face. She knew that she could trust him. He closed the door when Anna was seated at shotgun and brisk-walked over to the other side of the car but the moment his hand touched the door handle, his phone rang from his back pocket.. He took out his phone and saw that the rapper was calling.. He gestured to Anna to wait while he went to the sidewalk and answered the call.

 

“ Where are you?” That was the first sentence he heard when he placed the phone against his ear to answer the call.

 

“I’m out.. What’s up?” He answered back..

 

Uh.. Anna-how is Anna?” TOP couldn’t control himself but to ask..

 

His heart wanted to call Anna directly but his body called the leader instead.

 

“ She’s fine.. Actually, I’m out with her now…” he turned behind to look and realized her side of the car door was slightly opened so that there would be some air ventilation in the car rather than staying in the car, feeling stuffy..

 

“ Did-did she... Did she mention anything about me?” His voice sounded afraid, afraid that he might hear the answer that he did not want to hear.

 

“ She misses you..” Jiyong said that with a ache in his heart. He knew what TOP wanted to ask and decided to answer honestly because there was no point in lying. He could hear a sigh from the other line.

 

“ I suggest you settle the problems you have.. Don’t let it drag ..” The leader was being very stern now..

 

We all know he is scary when he is being stern..

 

"I will settle but it’s different now.. I’m going to have a baby..” TOP actually do sound stressed over the phone.

 

“ Do it fast or I'll make the decision easy for you.” He stated coldly.

 

“ What do you mean?” He pressed the phone slightly tighter against his ear, afraid of what the leader would say..

 

“ If you continue to hurt her like this, I will go after her on my own..” he said that to TOP over the phone while looking at Anna’s direction, who had just come out of the car, oblivious of what was going on. She came out of the car, scanning for the leader.

 

“ Please don't make things more complicated for me..” TOP actually pleaded..

 

“ Then settle it as soon as possible..” he disconnected the call right after his last sentence and walked back to Anna..

 

TOP threw his phone the bed. I will go after her on my own.. He was pacing up and down his room.. He was afraid that the leader would really try to win Anna over and that will be the end of his and Anna’s relationship. He was really frustrated from all the stress he had from his drama... Can anyone understand that he missed her and he wants her but he can’t have her?! The leader is being an now.

 

Or maybe the leader is right and also maybe because you are jealous that he could be with her?

 

(GDragon and Anna..)

 

Anna got back in the car the moment she saw him walking towards the driver side.

 

“ Work?” she asked, wearing her seatbelt when Jiyong started his car.. The cold air from the aircon automatically blowing against her face in full blast, allowing her hair to fly backwards.

 

“ Hyung..” He was contemplating if he should tell her and he chose to go with the truth again.. Just one word. Anna froze in her place the moment she heard a name that she dearly missed. Just inidication of him was enough to make her heart start racing.

 

“ oh.. how is he?” she decided to act nonchalant and asked him but deep down she was concerned about him.

 

“ He is fine.. He’s concerned about you .. Drop a text if you can..” He shift his gear and stepped on the accelerate pedal as he drive the car towards their destination.. Yes, he wanted her, but this is one of his best friend's girl, even though if he wants to fight, he would like to fight fair.

 

“ Maybe..” she replied back while looking at him.. She realized that they were about to enter the highway.

 

“ Oppa, where are we going ?” She looked out the scenery, looking for the slightest clue on where they were going. Maybe the signboards or advertisement could give her some hints..

 

“ Somewhere fun..” He smiled, eyes still on the road..

 

“ Fun?” She asked but still looking out of the window for clues..

 

“ Remember how much you like Carnival games?” The moment she heard carnival games, she turned her attention to him, her eyes twinkled with excitement, automatically letting out a smile.. Oh yes, this girl loves carnival games! It was thrilling for her to win the toys! The adrenaline rush when playing the carnival games, throwing darts to burst the balloons that were placed against the wall. something about throwing darts on air filled balloons, something about throwing rings and hoping that the ring will hang around the bottle neck, something about throwing a ball into a tilted bucket and hoping that it would not bounce back out, all these carnivals games that would excite her ..

 

(2 hours later..)

 

“ Oppa.. I’m tired!” Anna whined as these two have been going around playing the games repeatedly. Her legs were aching, her arms were sore and she was getting sleepy with all the energy drained from the excitement and adrenaline rush she had.

 

“ All right, let’s go home..” he was tired too but judging how happy and carefree Anna was, it made him satisfied that he has reached his goal. It felt as if the old Anna is back. Smiling at her, he stick out his elbow and waited for Anna to link arms with him like how they were as always. Without hesitation, she linked her arms with his and both of their faces were plastered with a wide smile..

 

Someone is playing his cards right..

 

Her eyes were rooted at a certain booth as they were on their way out of the carnival. Jiyong noticed her actions and looked at the direction that she was looking at. Her eyes wouldn’t leave a particular booth, the game booth involved a toy rifle with shooting targets in front of the rifle. What attracted her most was the prize! There were a few medium sized, furry multi-coloured unicorns hanging around! She is not as crazy as Julie for these soft toys but hey, who was she kidding? She is a kid at heart too. She tugged on his arm when she could not resist the temptation and Jiyong looked at her with his right eyebrow raised as she took out her money from her purse.

 

“ What are you doing?” he asked her, unsure of what she wanted as he was dragged towards the game booth. Didn’t she say she was tired? Wasn’t she the one whining to go home? Or does she want to play more rides?

 

“ Unicorn..” She pointed to the plush toy hanging at the top of the shooting targets. He looked up at the unicorn and back at her..

 

“Are you serious?” He facepalmed himself internally when she bobbed her head and passed the money to the stall holder..

 

She fumbled with the rifle gun, holding it in place.. She tried to close her left eye as she attempted to aim with her right eye. When you look at her position, it was awkward and anyone would know that she do not know how to play. Her index finger was about to pull the trigger but she felt a slight pressure on the rifle she was holding, and soon it was taken away from her.. She looked at the leader, confused..

 

“ Are you planning to hurt yourself?” He raised an eyebrow at her as she tilted her head in confusion at him.. She didn't know after pulling the trigger, the recoil might hurt herself.

 

“ Place this here..” he arranged and placed the plate of the rifle steadily against his shoulder blade. Anna’s attention was drawn to his face. Oh gosh. He looked so serious, so focus, so manly. This caused her heartstring to tugged.

 

“ Steady yourself and shoot..” he cocked his head to one side, aiming with one eye and in a matter of seconds, he pulled the trigger and shot. Anna turned her attention from him to the shooting target. The ping pong ball that was hanging with just a string, hanging from the roof, suddenly moved, earning gasp from the people around them. He lowered the rifle and looked at the stall owner.

 

“ What do I have to do to get the unicorn?” He asked..

 

“ Do what you did just now, 5 times on each of the ping pong balls..” The stall owner replied..

 

He placed the air rifle back in place, pressed his cheek against the rifle and aim at the ping pong ball.. Second ball moved after he pulled the trigger. Third shot was silent, no sound of impact and no ball moved. He missed. Fourth shot, the ball moved but the fifth shot he missed again. He had 3 out of 5 in total. He placed down the rifle and fished for his wallet and Anna eyes widened at him..

 

“ What are you doing?” She asked, suspecting that he would go again. This guy is a perfectionist. He wouldn’t give up until he get what he wants. He placed the money on the table. The stall owner took it and passed him all five bullets again.

 

“ One more..” She took three steps backwards when she saw he had his serious face on. He is not one to be tempered with when he is in his perfectionist mode and in a matter of minutes, he really managed to shoot all 5 ping pongs, they could hear claps and cheering from the people around them..

 

“ Choose your prize..” he placed down the rifle, feeling proud of himself. He managed to accomplish it and make Anna happy.

 

“ Pink one please..” She pointed at the pink unicorn that was hanging with all the other multi colored unicorns. Her eyes twinkled as her gaze were locked on the unicorn and she was bouncing excitedly while she waited for the unicorn to be in her arms. The stall owner obeyed, taking it down for her, she engulfed the unicorn in her arms with a very bright smile as she looked at Jiyong. It was a genuine smile that Jiyong have not seen in ages and he would do whatever it takes for that smile to remain on Anna’s face.

 

“ Your boyfriend is good. He is the second one today.” The stall owner told her. Boyfriend? Does he look like my boyfriend? She turned to the leader and his cheeks was red.. Was he red from the excitement of the game? Or was he blushing? She can’t even tell.. but one thing for sure, she was feeling the heat rising around her face..

 

“ Thank you..” She hugged her unicorn and quickly walked away from the booth, leaving Jiyong there. Oh, that was awkward.. How was she supposed to reply? No, he is not my Boyfriend? He is my boyfriend's best friend, the leader of their band as well. Oh, my Boyfriend is currently in Japan, our relationship is not that good right now, he got his ex Girlfriend pregnant and now she is back for him? The poor stall owner doesn’t need to know about her dramatic love story. Jiyong caught up with her as the reply ran in Anna’s head. The couple was silent as they walked back to his car.. Anna hugging the unicorn close to her body. Don’t let it be awkward.. break the silence.

 

“Why did you buy another round?” She broke the silence, asking the question while still hugging onto the unicorn..

 

Really? This was what you asked at the back of your head?

 

“ You know you didn’t have to..” she turned her head sideways once they were seated comfortably in the car..

 

“ You should know, I don’t give up easily.. ” he smiled back as a reply. Anna continued looking at him. His charming smile.. Wait.. Is Jiyong starting to take effect on me? Oh my goodness.. It can’t.. It can’t be.

 

Especially when it is something that has got to do with youOh .. Why did he have to add that?! Is he trying to say something? Is he hinting something? Anna’s heart is racing again.. What is happening?

 

“ Thank you for the unicorn..” She sank into the passenger seat as she hugged the unicorn, allowing herself to bury her head in the huge stuffed toy when she felt her cheeks heating up for the second time today.

 

“ Anything for you ..” he smiled at her action and deep down, he wanted to be that stuffed toy for that moment, wishing that she would bury her head in his chest and hug him tight instead of the pink unicorn. He start his car and set off, away from the carnival parking lot. She can’t help but to smile uncontrollably. He is really sweet. Why can’t the rapper be more like him? Come to think about it, Jiyong has never once broke her heart. Jiyong has never once disappointed her.. She bit her lips and divert her attention out the window when she realise her heart started to race again.

 

Are you blushing now?

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------TO BE CONTINUED--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Author's Note : TOP or GDragon. What you guys think?