I shouldn't have slapped..

Status: It’s Complicated

Hello my friends! Welcome back! On the last chapter, the gang met TOP and Shirley at "Treetop Hill". Shirley had a small conversation with Anna and Julie, the conversation didn't end that well considering that Anna's couple ring with TOP had been thrown by Shirley. The silly girl that had previously scold the boys, allowing the boys to know the danger of the downward slope has thoughts of getting back her ring! Lets continue..

 

Picture URL: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx6dC_6hNZY/?igshid=13d32t7ddlskl

Note: Do you guys click the link? Do let me know :)

 

“ Are you out of your mind ?!” Julie shouted at her. Anna could see the anxiousness and nervousness in Julie’s eyes but she didn’t bother. Getting back her ring was more important now.

 

“ Maybe I am…” She tried to break free from Julie’s tight grip but she didn’t release. She knew if she did, her best friend might really be crazy enough to go down the 50-70 feet low, muddy, slippery, pitch dark slope.

 

“ Anna! I thought you said you didn't want it?!” Julie continued to raise her voice at her as an attempt to make her stay sane. Because of the commotion that they are causing, they have attracted the attention of the rest of the boys excluding TOP.  They half jogged towards the girls immediately after TOP and Shirley walked off..

 

“ She didn’t have to throw it!” Anna continued to struggle herself free..

 

“ Anna! Stop it!” Julie felt like her energy was draining. She really had no idea how much longer she could hold her best friend back.. She was feeling really tired. Her arms were sore and crying for all the tension to stop from holding on to Anna’s arms..

 

“ LET ME GO!” Anna shouted. Julie used the last bit of strength in her, pushing her best friend to the left, away from the slope.. Anna lost her balance but Seungri was fast enough to rush in front and hold Anna steady.

 

“ What happened ?!” The youngest member looked at the girls who looked like they had a big quarrel. Both were drained from using too much energy on one another.  

 

“ Nothing..” Julie didn’t want to mention anything else, afraid that Anna might have another meltdown.. She knew that Anna was holding back all her tears.  All it would take was just a small trigger and her tears tap would open..

 

“ Let’s go alright?” Taeyang placed his hand on Anna and Julie’s back, leading them to walk away from the slope.. They were quarreling near the slope and it would be terrifying if anything were to happen. Any wrong push or slip ups could send either of them rolling down the slope. Jiyong and Daesung followed behind them silently.. Jiyong might seem silent and expressionless now but the emotions and thoughts running through his brain were countless..

 

Taeyang reached the ticketing counter, buying six tickets for the cable car. He took out his wallet paying for them quickly. He didn’t want Shirley to appear in front of them again. Anna might really burst this time. He took the tickets, thanked the counter girl before guiding the two girls to the cable car.. the six found their seats in the cable car once they found theirs.

 

Anna sat near the window, the leader sitting beside her followed by Daesung. Julie sat opposite Anna, followed by Taeyang and then Seungri. It took awhile before Seungri could break the tension in the atmosphere..

 

“ Look.. The lights are really beautiful..” Seungri pointed to the bright and colorful lights from afar made by the lights from the city, through the window of the cable car.. The view was truly breathtaking. They were high up, looking down at the busy street, city lights, even the ocean from a far. All though it was at night, but following the GPS map that Daesung has took out and trusting the sense of direction from the boys, the ocean was supposedly to be at the far end..

 

“ It is beautiful.. Isn't it?” Julie spoke while Taeyang draped his arm over her shoulder. She leaned her body a little closer to him. Jiyong has his attention fixed between the beautiful scenery and Anna. Making sure she was alright from time to time.

 

About half an hour had passed. They have rode the cable car up the mountain and rode back down, the atmosphere was lightened and filled with their laughter and chuckles but the entire time only Anna was quiet, staring out at the window. She walked out of the cable car once they reached back where they started. During the ride, she couldn’t help but think of TOP. Shirley and her ring. They are getting married? He has moved on so fast.. Who was she kidding? Why did she even thought that she could compete with Shirley? They had so much history together. Happy times and bad times, they have been through it all together.. Who was Anna? Just someone that appeared from time to time when he had squabbles with his girl and now, she was back pregnant. And probably back for good. Who was she to fight? The more she think about it the more she hated herself. Why did she think that she could fight a losing battle?! She was interrupted when she saw a flash and heard something loud.. The cracking sound of thunder after a flash of lightning flashes across the sky followed by a cool breeze blowing past them, making them hug their bodies a little tighter towards themselves. It was a signal that rain would come anytime soon. The weather near the mountains were always unpredictable. It could be nice and cooling one moment and the next, could be a thunderstorm cracking through.

 

“ I think we better head home soon” Daesung suggested. It was hard to decipher by looking at the sky because it was pitch black. But the air smelt like the rain was on its way over.

 

“ Lets go before the thunderstorm kicks in..” Taeyang suggested, the rest agreeing with him.. they were about to walk to the carpark but Anna stopped in her tracks..

 

“ I think I want to stay a little while longer..” Anna spoke her first proper sentence in half an hour. In that cable car ride, it was either her nodding or shaking her head. She didn’t really give any proper answer..

 

“ Anna.. It's going to rain..” Daesung turned back as he looked at her. She noticed all her friends stopped as well..

 

“ You guys go home first.. I will take a taxi back..” She didn’t wait for their reply and she walked the other direction, she was heading the direction where Julie and her had their loud squabbles and pushing from earlier..

 

“ You guys go ahead..” Jiyong told the group in front of him although his eyes were fixed on her. Seungri and Daesung could follow Taeyang and Julie back. He knew he needed to be with Anna right now.

 

“ Hyung.. take care of her..” Daesung gave a pat on the leader’s back before heading off with the rest towards Taeyang’s car.. Anna went to the spot where Shirley stood earlier. She analyze the angle and direction that her ring could have landed.. She started to go down the slope, step by step. She was on her third step down the slope when she suddenly felt her arm being grabbed, followed by her whole body being pulled back immediately back to where she have started, startling her a little..

 

“ ANNA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” Jiyong shouted at her. His could feel his heart race at the scene just a few seconds earlier..

 

" just go back ..." she pushed him away wanting to head down the slope again but he didn’t release his hands from her arm. Just at this present moment, another lightning flashes across and thunder was heard again followed by a small drizzle..

 

“ Anna.. Please.. Let’s just go..” He wanted to pull her back again but she used her free hand to smack his hands away before heading back to the slope.. At that moment lightning flashed again and that was when fear kicked it.. She finally realize it was dangerous. Maybe she didn’t realize how dangerous and high before because it was pitch dark. When the lightning flash, she could finally see a little of how high she was standing.

 

She just simply stood there, looking down hill..

 

“ Oppa.. I need to get my ring back..” She looked down the hill, her emotions hitting her hard. She know it was dangerous now. She knew they are about 50-70 feet high. Her mind was telling her Don’t be stupid. Go back now! But her heart was telling her TOP gave you that ring. Take it back.. She took a deep breath.

 

Being the stupid girl that she was.. She decided to follow her heart..

 

She continued her steps, now she realised the slope downwards has became harder to walk, it was possibility due to the drizzle that made it much more slippery but it didn’t bother her.

 

“ STOP IT !” He shouted at her.. This was the first time he shouted at her loudly.. To be honest, this made her a little scared but she shook it off and pushed him.. Her priority now was to get her ring back before it was anymore near to impossible mission. What happened next probably shocked her bad. She suddenly felt a sting on her left cheek. Everything happened so fast.. All she knew was seeing Jiyong raised his hand in mid air followed by a sting on her left cheek. Of course Jiyong didn’t use his full strength, he only used 30 percent of his strength but just enough for Anna to wake up her senses..

 

“ ARE YOU CRAZY?! DO YOU KNOW YOU CAN FALL TO YOUR DEATH?!” He pointed down, this time her tears found its freedom. She bursted out crying. That slapped probably brought back all her senses. He was right. What if she fell and roll down? It was a high chance she might not survive if it wasn’t for G-Dragon tonight.. He quickly dragged the stunned Anna to his car. When they both settled in his car, he turned to look at her, she was looking down, her left hand still on her cheek.. It was probably more of the shock than the pain.. he then brought both of his hands on either side of her cheeks, allowing her to face him..

 

“ Does it hurt?” He began to soften down as he examine her left cheek.. She just gently shook her head, still holding on to her left cheek.. To be honest, she was afraid of him.. Deep down, she was actually quite thankful.. If it wasn’t for Jiyong, she might have really went down the slope to find her ring, high chance that she might lose her life tonight..

 

“ What you did was insane. You know that?” He spoke to her but she just looked away, trying her best to blink her tears away. Trying her best not to let her tears roll down the slightly dried up tear trails on her cheeks..

 

“ I just wanted to get my ring back..” She mumbled but enough for him to hear.. He sighed and turned his engine on, shifting his gear to D before moving off.. What ring is that? Did she lose it? How did she even lose her ring? The couple drove back to Anna’s apartment in silence. Surprisingly, the atmosphere wasn’t awkward, wasn’t tensed, maybe it was because she was too tired to bother. Once they reached home, Jiyong immediately went to her kitchen and made her a glass of hot chocolate.. He was afraid that she might catch a cold.. He found her on her sofa, so he took the glass of hot beverage, passing it to her..

 

“ Drink this..” Anna obediently took the glass from him, but realize he didn’t make one for himself..

 

“ What about you?” She looked at him but he just smile.

 

“ I don’t need it..” He replied.. She place her drink down on the coffee table and stood up..

 

“ Anna.. I really don’t…” but she ignored him. She walked to her kitchen, towards her container of chocolate powder. She open the lid to find that it was empty. Jiyong must have used the last bit for her. She placed the empty container down, walking to the coffee table. She lifted the glass of hot chocolate to him..

 

“ I really don’t need it .. I..” He got cut off again..

 

“ Oppa.. let’s share..” She took the first sip from the glass, passing it back to him with a smile. He took the glass from her, taking two sips from the glass. It was so good and warm.. Not only for his stomach, but warm in his heart. She took back the drink and took small sips.. Jiyong smiled to himself, just by looking at her, it could make him smile like a fool. His eyes scanned to her cheek.. Oh , her cheek..

 

“ I’m sorry..” he suddenly apologized.. She took the glass away from , looking at him, confused..

 

“ I shouldnt have slapped..” again he got cut off..

 

Anna, you have to let the poor guy finish his sentences..

 

“ No.. thank you..” She knew she needed that slap. She knew she deserved that slapped. She could have died tonight if it wasn’t for his slap.

 

“ I don’t know what I’ll do without you..” She continued.. looking into his eyes. This was it.. This is the time. Tell her, tell her how you feel.. Jiyong took a deep breath, leaning closer to her.. He took the glass of hot chocolate, placing it on her coffee table before taking both of her hands in his..

 

“ Anna.. Listen.. I need to tell you something..” His eyes filled with sincerity and he looked so nervous..

 

Poor guy.. What does this guy want her to know?

 

“ I have.. i have feelings for you..” Was all he said, enough for Anna to widen her eyes..

 

" What.. What are you saying?" Anna was still so shocked from the confession he just did. Is he being serious? 

 

“ Feel it..” Jiyong then took her left hand and place it on his chest, near his heart.. She could feel it, she could feel his heartbeat racing fast, pumping hard.

 

“ Oppa.. I ..” Oh, now it was her turn to get cut off by him..

 

“ I don't need you to accept me now.. I just need you to know that there is someone here waiting for you.. I have waited for two years and I will still continue to wait for you…” Anna sat there, her hands still in his as he looked at him wide eyed, feeling speechless. Can someone teach me what to say or do next?

 

I guess he finally confessed..