A Day Filled with Joy

The Life of the Sixth Member

It was your turn to have a date with Joy and you were excited. It had been so long since you hung out, only the two of you, and you couldn't wait to know all the gossip from the idol world as you knew she was very informed. Joy is known as a very friendly idol so she has many friends outside of the group, always hanging out with someone whenever she has free time. She, too, had been missing hanging out with her favourite little sister (don't tell Yeri) and knowing how you already went with Wendy, Yeri, and Irene, she wanted her to be next.

Park Sooyoung would not be the last choice, thank you very much. Sorry, Seulgi. 

With that being said, when both of you had a day off at the same time she immediately declared it as a Joy and Eli day, not letting anyone steal you away from her. 

"Eli-ah!" Joy came into your room making you look up from your laptop. 

A smile bloomed on your face. "Sooyoung-unnie!" 

Joy proceeded to take a seat next to you on the bed. "Can we have that date now, dongsaeng-ah?" 

"Of course, Unnie!" You gave her a grin and moved to put your laptop under the bed so as to not step on it. 

That happened once and you almost had a heart attack thinking about the possibility of the screen cracking. 

"What do you want to do?" 

She hummed in thought, a concentrated look on her face. You continued to look at her and realised how much she had grown and matured over the years. You couldn't believe it had been five years since you debuted together, and seven years since you had known her. 

"What about we have brunch, then go shopping together, and after that have some tea at your favourite cafe?" 

You lit up in excitement at the prospect. "Really, unnie? We can go to your favourite cafe." You'd love to go to that place but considering you love your older sister, you wanted her to have fun too. 

Joy only gave you a loving smile and patted your head cutely. "It's okay, Eli-ah, it's time for you to be spoilt." 

To that, you gave her a charming smile and kissed her cheek in thanks, her giggling in return. "Well, let's go!" 

After you had gotten ready, you headed towards the living room where Joy was supposed to be waiting for you only for you to see Seulgi instead. 

She looked up from her phone the minute she heard someone's footsteps and her lips turned into a grin once she caught sight of you. "Eli-ah!" 

"Unnie!" You replied with the same excitement, a warm smile on your face. She got up from her seat and ran towards your figure to wrap her arms around your waist in a warm hug. 

"Is the almost-birthday girl having a good day?" Your voice had a teasing lilt to it though you were genuinely wondering if she was doing alright. 

Seulgi whined childishly, pulling her face back slightly so she'd be able to look up at you, humble eyes staring at yours. "I'm doing okay, thank you for asking. Are you going out?" 

You unwrapped one of your arms from around her to run your hand through her hair instead. "Sooyoung-unnie wanted to go out on a date and we haven't had those in a while, so I agreed." 

Seulgi pouted which made you frown. "What's wrong?" 

"Does that mean I'm the last one to go on a date with you? I wanna go too!" 

You really thought it was something serious so you just chuckled, about to reply before Joy's voice could be heard from behind you. "No, it's my turn!" 

"Don't worry, Unnie," you gave Seulgi a reassuring smile. "Last doesn't mean bad, right? It's your birthday soon, anyway. Surely that's more special?" 

Seulgi instantly shook her head no in response and you cooed, touched by her sentiment. "No, this is more special, dongsaeng-ah!" 

"As much as I appreciate that, Unnie, your birthday will be special, don't worry." 

To that, she squinted her eyes in suspicion. "Are you planning something for my birthday?" 

You almost gave away the fact that you were planning a surprise for her so you looked at her dead in the eyes, a smile still on your face. "I don't think so. Unless you want me to?" 

She hummed a little before shaking her head, then proceeding to put her head on your chest again. "No thank you, let's just hang out together. That's special enough." 

"You're too sweet, Unnie." You gave the top of her head a kiss before sadly having to pull back from the warm embrace. "Sooyoung-unnie and I have to go, Unnie. I'll see you when I come back?" 

Seulgi gave you her signature wide grin, eyes closed. "Sure thing, dongsaeng-ah." She then turned towards Joy with a look that was aiming to be stern but failing. "Take care of her, Sooyoung-ah. I don't want anything bad happening to my baby, you got that?" 

Not wanting to lose the battle Joy glared, although playfully but annoyed all the same. "Yah, who do you think I am, Unnie? She's my baby too, of course I'll take care of her!" 

Seulgi seemed satisfied with the answer and the reaction she got to have out of Joy so she pulled back from the hug completely before kissing you on the cheek, a slight blush on her chubby cheeks. It's not often that she gives affection so openly. 

"Off you go, then! Have you got permission from Joohyun-unnie?" 

You didn't know the answer to that so you looked at Joy who looked sheepish before shaking her head in denial, to which you widened your eyes. "Unnie! Call her before she comes home and finds out!" Joy quickly pulled out her phone and called the leader immediately. She valued her life and wouldn't want to be killed by a baby bunny, no matter how much she actually enjoys teasing the leader. 

"I won't be helping you with your dead body, Unnie. I hope you know that." 

"Yah!" Joy glared at you and you just laughed along with Seulgi, finding joy in teasing your older sister. 

Sometimes you're glad that you're one of the youngest in the family. 

 

After a delicious brunch, came the shopping trip and as you had expected, you ended up helping Joy with her shopping instead of shopping with her. Not that you didn't want to, you just enjoyed styling Joy and her different style from yours really excites you. 

Besides, she really likes it when you help out with her clothes and style in general.

"How about this bag, Unnie? It'll go nicely with the new shoes you have." You picked up the bag to show her and she immediately nodded in agreement, delight written clearly in her eyes. 

"You're right, Eli-ah. Let's try it on!" 

"Sooyoung-unnie, look at this sweater!" Joy turned towards you and gasped, coming over to your side to take the sweater off of your hands. 

"This is so cute! Let's get matching ones!" 

You grinned excitedly. "Sure thing, Unnie!" 

As promised, you took plenty of pictures and videos for her that day, capturing her outfit, makeup, and overall beauty skillfully. She also took some of you which include one of you holding up the matching sweater you got, to which the fans later concluded that was to show you got matching sweaters. 

They commented on how sweet and adorable the gesture was, and even Yeri commented on how jealous she was. You replied with a laughing emoji and lots of hearts. 

And as the day ended, Joy fulfilled her promise by bringing you to your favourite cafe and treating you to your favourite dishes. 

"Unnie, thank you today. I've really missed hanging out with you." 

Joy put down her mug after taking a sip before putting her hand on your hand that was on the table. "Of course, Eli-ah. I've missed hanging out with only the two of us," Joy confessed before a mischievous glint appeared in her eyes. "You've been so busy with your friends. Are you forgetting us?" 

"Unnie~" your whine made her cackle though she tried to hide it by putting a hand over . "Of course, not! You're my sisters, I will never forget any of you!" 

Joy giggled while patting your head but a pout still made its way to your face. "You're too cute. I know that dongsaeng-ah, I'm just teasing." 

You grumbled and the action made Joy chuckle even more. You claimed to hate aegyo but you do them so cutely sometimes. 

"I'll be away for Seulgi-unnie's birthday, and so is Yeri. Do you have any plans?" 

You took a sip of your favourite tea before putting the mug back down, a smirk on your face. "Of course I do, Unnie. Don't you worry." 

A grin formed on Joy's lips. "Well, well, well, who would've thought little Eli would lie to her unnie, huh?" 

You cooly shrugged. "A girl gotta do what a girl gotta do, Unnie. Besides, I would be spending the day with her, she just doesn't know how." 

"I've taught you well. Let me know how it goes and if you need me to do anything." 

You gave her a grateful smile. "Thanks for the offer. You just have to rest well and look pretty for your schedule, okay?" 

Joy didn't want to blush but her body betrayed her anyway, her hand slapping your arm softly. "So flirty, Eli." 

"Well, you taught me that too," you gave her a wink. 

You continued your chat over gossip and trends, just very light-hearted things, and ended the day with a nice cuddle from Seulgi and Irene as they had waited for you to come back. 

You couldn't wait to organise that surprise for Seulgi's birthday. The bear was turning 27 and she deserved the best. You hoped that she'd loved it.