Something Special

The Life of the Sixth Member

It was time for your date with Irene for the celebration of her debut anniversary and you felt like doing something special for her. Thus, you had planned the day basically wanting to pamper her. 

Irene's known to be the leader that pampers her members and other people a lot. For example, she didn't even bat an eye when Joy asked for the most expensive massage for her birthday at the hotel you were staying at, gave you luxury items for your birthday, and so on. The problem was she just doesn't pamper herself so what better way to express your gratefulness to your guardian than to do it for her?

 

"Hyun-unnie?" You whispered into the darkness of her room after opening the door softly, knowing the possibility that she would still be asleep. It was 7 in the morning after all. 

"Hm?" She softly groaned, making you smile softly. You closed the door and walked towards her bed, sitting next to her sleeping figure. 

"Are we still celebrating you today?" You made sure to keep your voice low, hand caressing her hair. She opened her eyes slightly to your touch, snuggling closer to where you were. 

"Of course, Eli-ah. I promised, didn't I?" She then put her hand on yours that was on her face and tugged it forward. Knowing what she wanted you lay down next to her, welcoming her figure that snuggled into your chest. 

You hummed in agreement. "You did but if you wanted to rest I'd be okay with that too," you continued caressing her hair, which made her struggle to keep herself awake. "We can celebrate another day." 

Irene let herself relaxed into your touch before forcing herself to open her eyes, sleepy eyes looking into your sparkling ones. She honestly didn't know how you could be so awake at this hour. 

"Although I appreciate you thinking about me I'd never cancel a day with you, El," she gave you a sleepy albeit lovely smile, making you grin. 

"I'll let you sleep some more, Unnie. We can go after you're ready, okay?" You bent down to kiss her forehead and went to pull back from the embrace and leave her but she snuggled even closer, head on your chest and an arm around your waist. 

"Stay? You're comfy." You knew she was falling asleep already but you replied nonetheless.

"Of course, Unnie. Sleep well." You gave the top of her head a kiss and she sighed in relief, falling deeper into her slumber. 

What a lovely, clingy bunny you have on your hands here. 

 

"You ready?" 

Irene nodded, walking out of the kitchen after putting a water bottle in her purse. "Let's go!" 

You smiled and about to open the door before a soft but mischevious voice piped up from the sofa. "Where are you going?" 

You looked back to give your older sister a smile. "Many places, can't tell you the exact ones, Unnie." 

Joy pouted playfully, whining in jealousy. "When are you going on a date with me? We haven't hung out a lot these days, dongsaeng-ah." 

"You've been super busy, Sooyoung-unnie, I didn't want to pressure you into spending time with me." You gave her a smile and she just melted. You're just too considerate sometimes. 

Joy perked up, a grin on her face. "Well, I finished all my shootings so can we hang out soon?"

You looked towards Irene and she nodded while giving you her special smile, already giving you permission knowing what you wanted to do. You gave her a grateful smile and walked back towards where Joy was, then bringing her sitting figure into your embrace. You could feel her melting into you hug, arms warm around your waist. 

"Of course, Unnie. We can even have a mini photoshoot for your SNS if you want!" 

She pulled back slightly to regard you with shining eyes, an excited smile on her face. "Really?" You take the best pictures so she wasn't about to pass up the offer. 

"Really," you gave her a smile and a kiss on her forehead, hugging her one more time before sadly pulling back. "We'll talk about this after I get back, okay? Have a great day, Sooyoung-unnie!" 

She stood up to kiss your cheek and walked with you towards where Irene was, also giving her a loving hug. Irene could never deny whenever Joy wanted to give her a hug, no matter how much she 'despise' cheesy things.

"Enjoy your day, you two! You don't have to come back so soon, we'll understand." She teased with a cheeky smile and a wink, making you laugh while Irene blushed heavily, slapping Joy's shoulder in response. 

"What are you saying, Sooyoung-ah!" 

Joy only laughed loudly before opening the door for you. "Bye~" 

You threw a wink over your shoulder whilst putting an arm around Irene so she wouldn't be able to retort Joy's statement. "Today is your day, Unnie! Let's have fun!" You attempted to divert her attention from Joy's teasings to you instead, which worked.

She looked up at you with that gaze of hers, making you melt. "You haven't told me where we're going." 

You gave her a charming smirk. "That's because it's a surprise, Unnie. You'll enjoy it, I promise." 

"I trust you." You knew she meant it beyond the surprise and you gave her the smile you only reserve for her, her looking up at you lovingly. 

"Thank you, Unnie. I hope I won't disappoint." 

She gave you a smile. "You could never." 

 

The first stop was her favourite cafe, where you treated her with a special cake you had ordered from the store. The staff there knew you pretty well so they welcomed the favour with open hands, wanting to please their favourite customers. 

Besides, it didn't hurt that their cafe gained extra popularity due to both of your signatures. 

"Eli-ah!" Irene gasped, eyes widening in shock before darting back and forth between you and the cake. 

You laughed lowly in an attempt to not draw too much attention. "Do you like it? It's your favourite, right?" 

Irene was speechless. She did not expect you to go all out on her, even ordering her favourite cake that only comes out in a certain season which was definitely not this day. "H-how?" 

You let a smile adorned your face, expressing your genuine happiness in surprising your leader. "I asked them if they could bake that cake for your debut anniversary and they happily said yes," you coolly shrugged. 

It was just cake but Irene appreciated the thought and the effort you had put into making her feel appreciated and loved. She's immensely thankful for having you in her life, her thoughtful member that often times act like how a lover would. 

"Eli-ah," Irene put a hand on top of yours that was on the table, squeezing it tightly. "Thank you so much. I can't believe you did this for me." 

You gave her the smile that Irene loved so much, your other hand coming to rest on top of hers. "Hyun-unnie, you're my sunshine, remember? I love making you happy and I love you." 

Irene was going to hold back the tight hug she wanted to give you for when you two get home but she relented, standing up from her seat and coming over to your side to hug you tightly, your head on her chest. You put your arms around her waist and squeezed it in affection, also a silent signal that you'd love to hug her longer but you were in public and you knew that Irene would hate to have your sweet moments revealed too much for the public to see. 

"I love you. You're the best." 

You pulled back from the hug and grinned, eyes twinkling in mischief. "Yes! Now I can tell our maknae that I'm your favourite!" 

To that Irene could only shake her head in amusement but an adoring smile was still plastered on her happy face. You know how Irene has often been caught looking at Wendy with soft eyes and a lovely smile on her lips? Yeah, that's how she was looking at you but double the amount and you all but melted at the sight. 

Honestly, if there was a stranger who didn't know who you were was looking at you now, they would think you just confessed your love to Irene or something. 

Well, they wouldn't be completely wrong.

 

The day went on with you going shopping with Irene, paying for whatever she wanted. She had fervently denied it at first, not liking the fact that you were spending so much money on her but you persisted, insisting that you'd pay for everything because it was her day and she had done it for you multiple times. Looking at your determined face she eventually gave in, realising that treating her makes you happy and she loves seeing you happy. 

You went to the arcade afterwards and basically let her win on everything. You know best how competitive she is and you love the childlike smile on her face when she wins so you do everything you could to lose. She realised what you were doing when you lost on the one game she could never beat you on and she looked up at you with surprise on her face. You only looked back and gave her a wink, a knowing look in your eyes. She hugged you tightly in thanks. 

You predicted that you both would be tired after everything you'd do so you had booked a massage session at the best massage place in Seoul. When you arrived she was looking at you in astonishment. 

She knew how difficult it was to get a session, let alone book the whole place which you had done. You wanted to keep the visit private and not have to deal with other people trying to get a glimpse or even a picture. You know at an exclusive establishment like this, things like that would less likely to happen but you could never be too careful. 

"You're spoiling me." 

You smiled cheekily, wrapping an arm around her shoulder in a side hug and gave the top of her head a kiss. 'That's the plan." 

When you two got home Irene immediately put away her shopping bags in her room before going over to yours, already planning she would sleep with you tonight. You welcomed her with open arms and she snuggled close, already drifting off to dreamland before thanking you one more time. 

"I had the best day and I feel very loved and appreciated. Thank you, Eli-ah. I love you." Her slurred speech sounded comical but you knew she was being genuine so you smiled sleepily, hugging her tighter. 

"It was my pleasure. I love you too, Joohyun-unnie."