You Sure?

The Life of the Sixth Member

"Eli-ah?" you heard Wendy's voice before the door to your room opened to reveal your older sister holding her phone in her hand and a nervous but determined expression on her face. 

"Wan-unnie!" you greeted her with a warm smile, hoping to release the tension she was feeling even just for a little bit. 

It worked as you saw her shoulders relax a little and an easy smile appeared on her face. "Hey, little sis. I need your help with something." 

You put aside your guitar and patted the space next to you on the bed, making sure all your attention was on her. "How can I help my lovely sister today?" 

"Joohyun-unnie was right," she shook her head in amusement which made you furrow your brows in confusion, "you get flirtier day by day, Eli-ah."

Hearing that made you whine, a pout on your face. "Unnie~" you whined and she cooed, pinching your cheek due to your cuteness. 

Wendy giggled and shook her head once more before turning serious. "I need your help to create my Instagram account." 

"Oh?" Your eyes widened in surprise. You didn't even realise she actually wanted to have her own account. You knew she had been contemplating it but didn't realise it was something she really wanted to do. "You sure you want to have one, Unnie? You can keep using our group's account as your own, you know," you gave her a smile, "we don't mind." 

She sighed, easing into her seat. You wrapped an arm around her to bring her figure into your much taller one, side-hugging her. "I know but the fans kept asking when I'd have my own and I just feel like it's the right thing to do, you know?" 

You hummed in thought and her attention was solely on you, taking into account your facial expression. She really wanted to know what you thought about her making her own account. "If that's the only reason then I don't think you should have one, Unnie."

You turned your head towards her and saw her confused expression. She opened to respond but you raised an eyebrow, making her nod. She let you finish your explanation.

"Having your own account would inevitably invite hate comments and even though you don't want to see it, sometimes you just can't help it because you also want to see what your actual fans want to say," you give her a sad smile, "are you ready for that?" 

You knew your last sentence hit a nerve because she became silent, eyes focusing on nothing as she thought about the possibilities. You just stayed silent, showing your presence by your thumb on her shoulder and arms. After a while, she looked up at you with a more determined glint in her eyes. 

"I know it wouldn't be easy," she let out a smirk and a teasing glint replaced the determination, "but you'll be with me for the ride, right?" 

You were surprised as she usually wouldn't ask to lean on someone so directly unless somebody told her to rely on them first, but you were proud of her. "Of course, Unnie," you kissed the side of her head and you felt her melt into your touch, "I'll be right in the passenger seat." 

It was silent for a bit before she let out a sigh. "Then I'm ready. Besides, I feel like it's only right if I complete the circle, you know?" She slightly pulled back from the hug to look up at you as if to show that she really wanted to do it. You believed her, you really did, you were just concerned that if she were involved in social media even more the confidence she had gained lately would crumble down. 

You vowed to be her anchor though, you'd try your damn hardest never to let that happen. 

"I know, Unnie. I'm just worried, that's all." 

Hearing that she smiled, eventually understanding why you were so against it. "And I appreciate that I really do, but I really want to do this," she put emphasis on the word and you knew you couldn't change her mind even if you wanted to. 

You heaved a sigh before giving her an encouraging smile. "Okay then, let's get to it," you gestured for her to open the app on her phone, "do you have a name in mind?" 

The look she gave you had you raise an eyebrow. What was she up to? "I have one in mind and I think you'll be proud of me." 

She typed in her new username and you laughed so loud you were shaking. She had to laugh along with you, her body leaning into yours so she was shaking slightly. 

It took a while for you to calm down and when you did you were still giggling slightly, wiping your eyes from the tears that had appeared. "Unnie, I never knew you could be this funny." 

"Yah!" she slapped your shoulder slightly, offended by the statement, "I've always been funny, thank you very much."

You shook your head both in amusement and in an attempt to calm down. "Right. Whatever you say, Wan-unnie." 

She eventually succeeded in making her account and continued to post her first picture. "Which picture are you going to post, Unnie?" 

She stayed silent as she browsed through her photos, eventually settling on one that was familiar. "Can I post this, Eli-ah?" 

You looked at her with adoration. "Are you sure you're going to post a picture that I took of you? I think you have better pictures, Unnie." 

"Hey, I love these pictures!" She picked the two that you took of her. Yes, the pictures weren't the most high quality but her happiness was clearly genuine and if only the fans knew the story behind it.

"Fine, fine, thank you for choosing them. I mean that." 

She looked up and her loving gaze was unmistakable. She then put her head on your shoulder and she continued to make her caption, the only response to you was the squeeze she gave to your thigh. 

She was glad to have a reliable little sister like you. 

"Done!" She exclaimed and you patted her head proudly. You opened your own account to follow and comment on her post, making sure fans knew she now had her own account.

"Good job, Unnie! Now let the frenzy begin."