Luvies

The Life of the Sixth Member

After a comeback come the fansigns and safe to say it's one of your favourite parts of being an idol. Red Velvet had a stage yesterday and was given the rest of the day to focus on today's fansign, which you were grateful for so you didn't have to rush your interaction with fans. You loved fansigns because you got to interact with fans in a much more intimate setting and can really show how grateful you were for their support. 

"You ready to meet Luvies, Yeri?" 

She looked up from her phone to smile widely at you. "Yeah! It's been too long since we can talk to them face-to-face." 

You smiled back and patted her head. "And you also can't wait for the presents, can you?" You couldn't help but tease. 

She laughed, hitting your shoulder in retaliation. "Unnie! That makes it sound like I'm lacking in presents!" 

Wendy, who was sitting in front of you in the car, looked back to shoot a teasing smile to Yeri. "It's because you are, Yerim-ah." 

You giggled at the wink she threw at you. "Admit it, Yerim-ah, you really can't wait to get another headband or something from them." 

Yeri huffed, glaring at you. "That's Wendy-unnie's job! Just so you know, I prefer things like heartfelt letters to presents, Unnie." 

You stopped giggling to hug her to your side. You knew when to stop your teasings. "I know, Yeri, I'm just teasing you. I also can't wait to see them." 

Her glares disappeared and a smile was present. It's a bit scary how fast her expression can change. "I know, Unnie," she leaned into you, hugging you close. 

You kissed her head before looking up and directing your gaze towards the back of Irene's head. 

"Hyun-unnie? Is there any specific order with our seats?" 

Irene turned her body towards you. "Not that I know of, why?" 

You shrugged. "Just asking."

You're a bit indecisive when it comes to these things as you don't want the fans to look at it like you choose to sit next to a specific person because you like them more than the rest when in reality it's not like that at all. 

Irene knew this so she just smiled at you, hoping to ease your worry. "Just sit where you want, Eli. It's okay." 

You gave her a grateful smile. "Okay, Unnie. I will." 

You probably would end up next to her, honestly. The fans know you're most comfortable with her anyway. 

When you get to the venue, there were fans outside waiting. They were the ones who didn't get to attend the fansign but still wanted to see you.

You felt bad but you really couldn't do anything but let them know that you appreciate their support. 

All of you smiled and waved, greeting them in passing. 

"Thank you for coming here! We really appreciate it!" You tried to talk as loud as you can so everyone can hear it, stopping to face them. 

The fans smiled and cheered as a reply. 

The rest of the girls stopped and turned as well, waving at the fans. After a few seconds, Irene put her hand on your back as a signal to get going. You nodded discreetly, waving one more time before putting your arm around her shoulders and leading her inside. 

When you arrived, you saw the usual long table on the stage and the fans already sitting on the seats in front of it. There were around one hundred people in total and you couldn't wait to interact with them all. 

All of you greeted them as you walked to the seats, Wendy leading the line. The order to seats ended up being Wendy, Irene, you, Seulgi, Joy, then Yeri at the end. No order and you ended up almost like usual, the difference being Seulgi, Joy and Yeri switching places. 

After the usual greetings, you took your seats and began the fansign. 

Because you were almost at the end of the line, you had to wait for quite a while before the first fan could get to you. To pass that time, you looked at the sea of people to look for familiar faces like your fansites. After scanning the faces for a few seconds your eyes widened when you saw the familiar camera of your fansite masternim and the familiar figure behind it. You grinned and waved excessively, prompting the fans to laugh and Wendy and Irene to look at you questioningly. 

Feeling the stares, you looked to your right to find Irene and Wendy looking at you with their eyebrows raised. You laughed before leaning closer to them. 

"It's my fansite, I found one of them." 

They just shook their heads in amusement before doing the same as you, trying to spot their own. You just giggled and shook your head. 

You turned back and tried to find another fansite masternim, maybe they were present. After a while, you spotted her with her camera that you were sure recording the whole thing, pointed at you. 

You smiled widely and waved again, posing for pictures because you knew she wanted to take them. You also didn't forget about the other masternim and posed as well before realising it was your turn to meet the fan. 

You divert your attention to the fan in front of you and smiled, greeting her kindly.

"Hello, how are you?" 

She blushed and gave you her album to sign. "Good, thank you. How are you, Eli-unnie?" 

You grinned. "I'm great now that I'm here," you winked, making her cheeks even redder. 

You looked down at the album. "Where do you want me to sign?" 

She pointed at your picture. You nodded and get to work. 

While you signed, the fan reached into the bag she put in front of her and took out a rabbit headband that was famous amongst K-pop idols. 

After you finished, you looked up at her and she showed you the headband. "Would you mind wearing this, Unnie?" 

You beamed. "Of course not! Do you want to put it on me?" 

You leaned forward for her to put it on you. She quickly put it on your head securely before you leaned back again. 

"Wow, this is warm and so cute! Irene-unnie, it looks like you!" You turned towards Irene and grinned at her. 

She pouted, making the fans coo. You cooed as well and pinched her cheek. "You are so cute, Unnie." 

You turned back towards the fan to see her smiling. "Thank you for the gift! Wait, it's for me, right?" 

She giggled and nodded. "Of course. Nice meeting you, Unnie. I hope I can see you again." 

You grinned, putting your right palm up for a high five. "It's nice to see you too! I look forward to meeting you again." You gave her a smile as she gave you a high-five. 

She moved towards Irene and another fan came up in front of you, greeting you with a smile that you replied genuinely. 

The day went on like that, with all of you meeting fan after fan and receiving gifts that you didn't think you deserved. 

One fan even gave you a customised phone case! You didn't know how fans can know the details of the things you have, honestly. 

"Wow, this is so pretty! Are you sure you want to give it to me? This is too much!" Your wide-eyed expression made the fan laugh but nodded nonetheless. 

"Really, it's nothing. What you've done for us is more than enough so this is only a small gift I can give you to show my appreciation." 

Your eyes softened and you motioned for his hand, patting it. 

"Thank you so much. You don't know how much that meant to me, it's nice to know that I'm doing enough for you guys." 

He gripped your hand gently in return. "Trust me, you do a lot for us. Please always be healthy and happy, that way we're happy as well." 

You nodded in determination. "I will, I promise. Thank you again."

He smiled and you let go of his hand, letting him move to Irene. 

Without you realising, your eyes had become misty and you tried to blink away the tears. The fans that were sitting in front of the stage saw it and cooed, shouting out a series of 'don't cry, Eli!', making you laugh and Seulgi to turn towards you, concerned. 

"What's wrong, little sis?" She leaned towards you to wipe away the tears that escaped your eyes. 

You shook your head. "I'm okay. I'm just touched by what a fan said." 

She still looked at you concerned, taking your cheeks in her hands. "Are you sure?" 

You nodded and smiled, grateful to have someone like her in your life. "Yeah, I'm okay." 

She eventually nodded and smiled, patting your cheek. "Okay." 

The day continued without a hitch and after you went home, you ended up finding your name, Seulgi's, and the photos and videos of your interaction with her trending all over social media.